Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? (11682 Views)

Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK / Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation / My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by coolier(f): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2008
Pataki:

Accepted that he overstayed, on what grounds did he overstay? Ma'am, whether he uses a TC or his international passport, the fact still remains that he will be subjected to questioning upon his arrival at MMA.

On what grounds do people who have multiple visas and come here to work for months or even years, travel back home with a TC, backdate their passports for visa/immigration purposes and re-enter, overstay? I know people who have returned home on a TC before and am telling you it's not as difficult as you make it look. In Lagos you tell them your passport is lost, they wouldn't know exactly when you left the country, that you've been out for four years.

And I have been asked to leave UK before exactly like the guy in Ireland and I left. But in my case I wasn't an assylum seeker. All our passports(my whole family) were stamped by the home office, our fingerprints were not taken though, we were in UK for four years. We travelled back home on our passports which the home office returned to us. At the airport in Lagos they wanted to be funny, and wanted me to give them a certain amount of money before we could pass through but I told them we did not commit a criminal offence, none of us was in prison, we only overstayed because we filed for a stay to be able to live with my husband who is resident in UK. So I told them I have no money to give them. They delayed us for sometime but NOT for questioning, more like abandoning us to do other things until we are ready to comply. So we sat there, but then one of them came back to us after some time and jokingly said do I want to say that we do not have chewing gum or chocolates for them and I said no I don't. So he said we must be tired, we can go. Believe me they did not even check our luggages and we have loads of them, it's like everything we've had in four years and we were like the last to leave the airpot. We still returned here on the same stamped passports. That was years ago, I don't know if the home office take fingerpints for cases like that now.

Pataki:

Why?
1. He is going to pass through the Irish Immigration border at the airport, will most likely be asked to fill up some forms, and details will be stamped on either the TC or his passport.
Or do you wish to tell me otherwise?

I don't know about Ireland.
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Akolawole(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2008
@Coolier

TC is more issued
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by edmondo(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2008
i think i have learn a lot in this forum,i wonder why Nigerian would stay in Europe after the expiration of their visa.i think there is a law now that will soon be put into practice by 2010,if you overstay in any of the EU country you will serve 18months jail term before deportation.i think this is a big lesson for those who want to learn.don't overstay in any country for any reason because the consequences mite be bad.
thanx
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Teelala: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2008
If you are afraid of coming to Nigeria with your Nigerian passort why dont you judt fly to Ghana or benin republic with it and from there take bus straight to lagos, after all you are an Ecowas citizen and no immigration officer will question you uopn arrival in Ghana, but your passport must be valid and not expired.

1 Like

Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Figurehead: 11:05am On Feb 25, 2009
do you people know that some human rights lawyers filed lawsuits against the Irish ministry of justice in connection with the denial of residency rights to illegal residents married to EU citizens? it is worthwhile to inform you that the EU court in Brussels has ruled the decision in favour of the EU spouses and has demanded that the Irish government should issue the stamp4EuFam permit to every immigrant in this category. kiss
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by phil2009: 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2009
nothing would happen to u in niger, after deportation, just plan on how to survive overthere, the issue of mariage has gone atleast you would have done that some years back, not know, you've stayed in ireland for four years and you should know the irish very well, the hate nigerians, what i would advise you is that you are not alone on this problem many people also, so plans a head what to do in niger, the immigration will clear u at the airport i means irish immigration possibly they will give u a token for your transportation. forget about mariage for now, someone can still married here as an asylum seeker not failed ones. its only God that can help us, ireland is not in the same class as nigeria but our leaders as ruined that country and there is no possibility that nigeria will sttle in the next ten years, everybody is corrupt, the system is corrupt so my dear, think on how to survive over there, mingle with politicians, u will also jeun soke within a short period.
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by phil2009: 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2009
nothing would happen to u in niger, after deportation, just plan on how to survive overthere, the issue of mariage has gone atleast you would have done that some years back, not know, you've stayed in ireland for four years and you should know the irish very well, the hate nigerians, what i would advise you is that you are not alone on this problem many people also, so plans a head what to do in niger, the immigration will clear u at the airport i means irish immigration possibly they will give u a token for your transportation. forget about mariage for now, someone can still married here as an asylum seeker not failed ones. its only God that can help us, ireland is not in the same class as nigeria but our leaders as ruined that country and there is no possibility that nigeria will sttle in the next ten years, everybody is corrupt, the system is corrupt so my dear, think on how to survive over there, mingle with politicians, u will also jeun soke within a short period.
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by JJYOU: 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2009
phil2009:

na true you talk
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2009
Almost a year later. . .

Figurehead, did you manage to get things straightened out?

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by ilaugh1: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2009
U face a lengthy jail term, mate!
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Treetop20(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2009
Siena:

Almost a year later. . .

DeltaVAGTM
what he said
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2009
@poster, its almost a year long stretch behind this topic, are back in naija yet!? Just incase u're not facing a jail term, i have a room self-contain at Ogba_Ikeja, am giving u for $35 USD Per annum, poor figurehead, huh. sad sad
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2009
@poster, its almost a year long stretch behind this topic, are back in naija yet!? Just incase u're not facing a jail term, i have a room self-contain at Ogba_Ikeja, am giving u for $35 USD Per annum, poor figurehead, huh. sad sad
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Figurehead: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2009
Siena:

Almost a year later. . .

DeltaVAGTM
by the special intervention of the EU court for human rights, i am one of the lucky ones whose residence permit application was approved at an 11th hour critical situation.
siena, i was restrictd at the Balseskin Reception Centre in Finglass, awaiting my deportation date when suddenly a letter came to my official address, it was from the ministry of Justice, it reads:   . . ."i have been directed by the minister of justice, Equality And Law Reform to refer to your application for a residence permit to remain in the Republic Of Ireland. . . we have carefully examined your application. . . and i m pleased to inform you that your application has been approved as you meet the requirement of a non EU Spouse of an EU citizen wishing to exercise the rights of the freedom of movement under the EU treaty of Rome. . . . . . . . . . . . . "
I will not 4get to ever remain grateful to those who stood by my wife and fought for me at a time when i could no longer fight for myself, thesefore, one of such people is vicjustice for his unyielding support and personal assistant. May he be rewarded.
God bless all of you who felt concerned and dropped words of encouragement advice and well wishes, even the extraordinary gracious concern and contributions from people like Patakee and funkyb (who were not in good terms with me before the incident).
brethren, my deportation was not only aborted, it was canceled! It was not only cancelled, i was released and given the residence card (stamp 4 EUFam) that means i m now recognised as a european union family member with all entitlements. i am free at last! Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! HURRAY!
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by brownbonno(m): 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2009
Thank God for the Metock case.
Well you can go and speak to your lawyer for some damages against the Irish DoJ.the section 3(2) was a robbery of your right as a family member of EU citizen.

http://www.bailii.org/eu/cases/EUECJ/2008/C12708.html
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Treetop20(m): 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2009
good for you! that is wonderful
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Magnate021(m): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2009
Thank God for you bro!
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Pataki: 2:22am On Mar 09, 2009
Figurehead:

God bless all of you who felt concerned and dropped words of encouragement advice and well wishes, even the extraordinary gracious concern and contributions from people like Patakee and funkyb (who were not in good terms with me before the incident).
Hey Figurehead,

Just when I was about tucking under my duvet to sleep, I saw this topic again! First and foremost, give thanks to God. It is God who has brought this goodnews on you. wink

Yes, I remember we had our feud in times back, but it is never my ideology to look down on anyone. Glad that you overlooked what had happened in the pasts and you were open-minded in respect to this matter.

Am truly happy for you. I wish you all the best sincerely.

Cheers mate!

1 Like

Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by omega25red(m): 3:50am On Mar 09, 2009
yay for figurehead so happy for you.
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by tpia5: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2013
any tips for those who dont have the option put forward by the op, or who arent allowed to marry without having their papers beforehand?

what resources are available for when you land in nigeria or on your home turf.

i for one, do not believe in the concept of "do or die" to stay in other people's land and be receiving whatever insult they want to throw at you, in the name of "no chance or prospects elsewhere".

If God wants to bless me, he will do so anywhere i am, i dont believe in the doctrine of limitation ie saying God can only help someone if they're overseas or in one particular location.

I dont see that in my own bible, maybe its in other people's own.
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by Naijalastborn(m): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2013
Back to the Past grin wow, Dis Guy! Pataki! I know this guys from the future... Let me quickly get what I want and head back to the Future..

Just pasing by though.. grin
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by pastor4real: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
@FIGUREHEAD: No one will humiliate you if you get your own ticket and leave the country on your own. You can only be questioned or detained if you are deported because deportation involve documentation or paperwork which will be handed over to the immigration on your arrival by the airline crew you travel with.
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by tpia1: 7:06am On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? by tpiar: 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria High Commision In London / Should I Migrate Or Remain In Nigeria? / Benin Vs Warri - Which Place Is Better For Relocation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.