Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,747 members, 7,837,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision (9806 Views)

Stock Market Investment For The Amateur and Newbies / What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by OmichaelO: 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
can someone please expatiate more on the treasure bill ish

My mum is retiring next year....and I want her to have a good life after that
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by ESULAALU: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
prof800: @OP.
Apart from investing in properties, the best invsmestment with little or no supervision will have to be for you to invest in your children...invest in their brains...in their morals..and watch your money work for you.
Good luck...grandpa!

This is the best advice ever, I know a man who looking to invest in a property but rather than involve his children he is saying a third party should help him do everything. His children are quite comfortable and settled with family, responsible and matured but in his mind he thinks he is makinga right decision. I sincerely hope he will not cry foul in the future and I honestly wish he had the opportunity to visit this thread.

God bless you for this comment.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by ESULAALU: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
maninmood:

Please tell mama to rent a shop and start selling whatever she has subliminal interest and passion in. There are loads of things to sell in Nigeria. Talking about food, clothes, and all other basic needs. When renting a shop, she should rent it in a strategic location where potential customers normally frequent.

Another good comment, God bless you.

OP your wife can looking into selling food stuff( on a very large scale if you understand what I mean), drinks( perhaps as a distributor).

Please do not consider clothing except she is ready to incurr heavy debts. The bottom line is for her to trade in an essential commodity that people will and cannot do without. Please do your findings on this ideas I have given you, I know someone who used to trade in palm oil before the family relocated and I cannot begin to tell you how much profit he made from the trade. You might consider that food stuff is not such a high profile business, but be focused on the profit trust me you will be suprised.

Drinks on the other hand especially beer, soft drinks are a regular in every day life, do you research and you will be amazed at how much people spend on this things.

I wish you the very best.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Yes, build Flats and Hostel apartments. If you do, you will not die quick with heart break.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by irohadis: 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
The only business requiring "little or no supervision" in Nigeria is your bank. Put your money there in a fixed deposit account. You can also buy bonds. I suppose you also want very low risk and high profit.wink If you start any business, be prepared to work far more than you did before you retired. Else that money will be beer for others.

1 Like

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by onetimepro(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
slide waxie, pls am interested in the farming suff, pls can we talk me on whatsapp on 08034276805 or mail me on fisola2007@gmail.com
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by tundebj(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Dady pls invest into something dat is very viable. I can garantee if u invest into the business i do,you & your children will ever be greatful dat you took that bold step. U can start wit less than N100k depending on ur strength. Elderly ppl ar doin it and they have proof dat its working.Pls give dis a tought. U wil meet some of them who ar growups, ask questions.Pls pm me so we can talk .or Mail jolatemi077@gmails. Pls dont allow anybody deceive u sir. Invest into a lifetime opportunity, it require very little supervision. God bles sir
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
Good
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Osama10(m): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
tundebj: Dady pls invest into something dat is very viable. I can garantee if u invest into the business i do,you & your children will ever be greatful dat you took that bold step. U can start wit less than N100k depending on ur strength. Elderly ppl ar doin it and they have proof dat its working.Pls give dis a tought. U wil meet some of them who ar growups, ask questions.Pls pm me so we can talk .or Mail jolatemi077@gmails. Pls dont allow anybody deceive u sir. Invest into a lifetime opportunity, it require very little supervision. God bles sir

Why can't you mention what you want him to invest his money into?

5 Likes

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Op, your life after retirement isn't something to play on. Coming on Nairaland will only confuse you!

The best option for you is to get a very reputable business consultant. Even a good business consultant won't be able to help you online! You will have to see face to face....there are several things to consider before venturing into a (retirement) business. Eg. The kinda job you are retiring from, your real passion, your location, your capital, your own personal retirement plans (which you must have had long before you decided to retire), feasibility studies etc....

Unfortunately, Nigerians prefer to seek business advice elsewhere rather than consult business professionals.

Op..it's your choice; you can decide to follow one of the various advice you've been given (venture into agric, estate, shop etc....) OR visit consultants who can help you make the right decisions.

the ball is in your court

#NuffSaid
#OkBye

1 Like

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
And please be mindful of 419ers
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by blaqueoracle: 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
No 9 of the rules guiding nairaland ;DNo 9 of the rules guiding nairaland
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by galantjoe(m): 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
The best investment for retirees in investment in FGN bond, treasury and fixed deposit. Approach ur bank to request 4 these. They yield 10-15% annually, it's riskless. Don't invest where ur BP Will rise.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by ayanfeeledumare: 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
SLIDE waxie: If u won't mind,
i am in Ogun state.
A potential farmer abt to start a large mechanized farming in 2014.

Though preparations are on the way..
Land and cassava stems available.

Buyers of cassava products available @ N15k per ton available.

With just 200k investment, i am guaranteeing u 500k or more after harvest.

u can contact me on slidewaxie@gmail.com for details and i will give u my direct line.

U will come and visit the land urself. You will book it with ur name. It is from the state government, so it is sure. We have already started booking for next year.
Lands should be booked by November, stems by december so work can start by feb/march.

Cassava stems, machines, tractors and chemicals all available for rental and purchase at the farm. U can come to see it urself.

Workers are there and agricultural experts called principals who presides and advices on the farm are stationed their by the state govt. apart from dt, u will be dealing with educated experts from our side who are looking for potential investors.

If u are interested. Make a contact.
This is wot u will see with ur eyes and touch with ur hands for its realness.

Good luck.

I am interested in this venture can you give me your contact details. I need ask more questions from you.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by drkay(m): 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
maninmood:

Please tell mama to rent a shop and start selling whatever she has subliminal interest and passion in. There are loads of things to sell in Nigeria. Talking about food, clothes, and all other basic needs. When renting a shop, she should rent it in a strategic location where potential customers normally frequent.
Thank you sir, she's doing dat already, she sells bags of charcoal to retailers and that alone is enough to put food on her table. I just have a feeling that d fixed deposit thing is tying down her money and Will lose its worth as time go by.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Reference(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Are you a professional wrestler or footballer because I donot understand this concept of retirement. Retirement from what, from who, from where. Is the person terminally ill or what.

This country lacks everything. Nothing of any value lies in abundance and here you have people retiring. I just don't get it. Mister there is no investment better than that you have spent your life building. Get back to work and invest in it till your time is up. Real people don't quit.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by tosingcfr(m): 6:01am On Oct 19, 2013
Going by the words of my grandmother, I will advise you ,sir, to invest your money on what people eat/drink. People can go for days/months without buying a new cloth or car,etc but no one can live without food.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by HomesOfLife(m): 7:58am On Oct 19, 2013
maninmood:

Mr estate manager, tell me the purchasing power of 500,000naira in 2005, in comparison with the 4million naira purchasing power in 2013. Tell me how much a sachet of pure water is sold in 2005 as against 2013. And by the way which area in Abijo Lekki is selling for 5million naira? Moreoer, can you provide us evidence substantiating this claim of yours?

@OP: Estate investment is good but please don't allow hungry investors to lure you into parting your money with almost unrealistic investment. You have a wife, I suppose. You and madam should make some feasibility study on current market. Focus on consumers' needs, and invest on that area. My dad is a retiree, he is currently taking stocks of dangote cement. He is planning to expand the business soon and he started this last year. I am not saying you should go into cement business, but make some business research about what your passion focuses on. Determine both strength and weakness of the business when you find one. First invest[b] 20% to 30% [/b]of your gratuity fund into it, then ensure you put in 100% of your devotion to the business as it is your money and your mindset should be it must not be mismanaged/misspent. !!!

Mr oversabi, don't be stupid and silly, just because you want to make your point shouldn't make you rubbish someone else's. The purchasing power of 500k in 2005 is not even up to a million in 2013. Regular plots in Abijo sell for nothing less than 5-6m with the excpeption of Abijo GRA that sells between 8-12m. Are you comparing Real Estate to pure water business without calculating the risks involved in pure water? Are you calling me hungry? I retired at 28 and my least employee earns 70k a month. Pls be careful when you insult people on "faceless forums", I may be your ONLY ladder to the top.

Best Regards,
Segun Babs
Founder of Homes of life, Vice Chairman, Ercaan(Surulere Chapter.)
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by tundebj(m): 8:21am On Oct 19, 2013
@osama10, d busines i do is very clean, straight forward and very rewarding, imagine a busines we venturd into January dis year 2013, by 1st of Dec. Dis same year, we ar getting a brand new, tier rubber car. I live in Oyo town where the busines is nt striving like lagos yet u see elderly women who cannot sign their signature smiling to the bank 20th of every month. I hav explaind it to those who snt mails, all those saying property, hope u know that its not retirement money u use to START REAL ESTATE, the smal house my dad built after his retirement, all of us "children" had to pul resources 2geda to finish it. Invest early into something that WIL CONTINUE BRINGING Money for u & take care of ur family.nice weekend. P.S: its nt teamupafrica oh, teamup is for young, very active people who want to use team effort to start their dream busines and later move into biger ventures
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by 4teelaw(f): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2013
drkay: My mum seriously need dis advice too, her 5 million naira pension is yielding just 250k per year which I think is suboptimal. I can convince her if I see a better investment.

That is less than 10% p.a!!! I am an Investment Banker and I can authoritatively tell you you can get a lot better than that from some Investment Institutions I represent. Let me know if you need my services.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by 4teelaw(f): 11:00am On Oct 19, 2013
speedyboi: @Op, your life after retirement isn't something to play on. Coming on Nairaland will only confuse you!

The best option for you is to get a very reputable business consultant. Even a good business consultant won't be able to help you online! You will have to see face to face....there are several things to consider before venturing into a (retirement) business. Eg. The kinda job you are retiring from, your real passion, your location, your capital, your own personal retirement plans (which you must have had long before you decided to retire), feasibility studies etc....

Unfortunately, Nigerians prefer to seek business advice elsewhere rather than consult business professionals.

Op..it's your choice; you can decide to follow one of the various advice you've been given (venture into agric, estate, shop etc....) OR visit consultants who can help you make the right decisions.

the ball is in your court

#NuffSaid
#OkBye

Yes o! Please tell them, they think it is too expensive paying for financial advisory services from consultants like us. If you lose all your money, then you will know we are a lot cheaper in the long run, Hire me now and have the peace of mind you require
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by 4teelaw(f): 11:03am On Oct 19, 2013
O.michael.O:

Treasury bill rates fluctuate, you need to monitor it before you invest, in as much as it is the safest, there are other investment opportunities that yield higher returns than the banks can offer and are still regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by manie(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2013
Reference: Are you a professional wrestler or footballer because I donot understand this concept of retirement. Retirement from what, from who, from where. Is the person terminally ill or what.

This country lacks everything. Nothing of any value lies in abundance and here you have people retiring. I just don't get it. Mister there is no investment better than that you have spent your life building. Get back to work and invest in it till your time is up. Real people don't quit.

I am sure you have heard of leaving the stage when the ovation is loudest, my father retired when he was 47 years in 1989 and he is far better than his contemporaries that worked till they were forced to retire at the age of 65.

The best time to plan for your retirement is when you earn you first income as an employee, that is why I am an advocate retire young and retire rich.

Who told you that the OP will not focus on his hobby or other interest when he retires. Retirement does not mean you will be useless, but you are no in the rat race where most people find themselves in.

A member of my church with investments in real estate and stocks retired last year in the private sector at the age of 50, to focus on his interest which missionary work and capacity building for entrepreneurs.

When people who have spent 30 years working are not willing to retire due to lack of early retirement planning, how will the teeming unemployed youths have a place to work,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Naruto87(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2013
personally,investing your money in agriculture(i.e fish farming)is the most prefered in that arrea,you can start small scale and practice.@ the back of your house,its a very profitable biz.or you can choose to invest in real estate(buying and selling of land) especially in places like abuja.i strongly advice you do not invest in another man's businesss based on trust but do it based on HARD FACTS.best of luck to you.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by landt: 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
tundebj: @osama10, d busines i do is very clean, straight forward and very rewarding, imagine a busines we venturd into January dis year 2013, by 1st of Dec. Dis same year, we ar getting a brand new, tier rubber car. I live in Oyo town where the busines is nt striving like lagos yet u see elderly women who cannot sign their signature smiling to the bank 20th of every month. I hav explaind it to those who snt mails, all those saying property, hope u know that its not retirement money u use to START REAL ESTATE, the smal house my dad built after his retirement, all of us "children" had to pul resources 2geda to finish it. Invest early into something that WIL CONTINUE BRINGING Money for u & take care of ur family.nice weekend. P.S: its nt teamupafrica oh, teamup is for young, very active people who want to use team effort to start their dream busines and later move into biger ventures

I sent you a mail yesterday but no response yet. You can reach me on 08027338852.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by tundebj(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
I have replied all d mails i got. Pls chk ur mails or resend. I wl reply asap
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by Farmafric(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
Visit: www.farmergiantltd.com to read about farming with emphasis on poultry. You will necessarily need some training and a plot of land. Poultry is one business you can engage in with little stress and if the caged system is utilised, supervision is minimal. Farmergiant Nigeria Limited offers free training for retirerees and Free consultancy for every other person.

Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
ayanfeeledumare:

I am interested in this venture can you give me your contact details. I need ask more questions from you.
pls send me a mail and i'll give u my line for your questions.
Re: Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision by aeu1: 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
O.michael.O:

Treasury Bills are debt certificate issued by a sovereign state. Usually, it is issued in tranches, it has:
Tenor - date of maturity, 30, 90, 180, 270 days or 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 21 years maturity.
Interest rate or coupon: This fluctuates, in recent years, it ranges between 10%-15%.
Safety: In principle, it is regarded as the most safe investment because. it is believed that government can always have money to repay thru taxes, printing of currency, further borrowings or grants/aids.
Method of Sales/Redemption: The central bank and debt management office in Nigeria issues the TB bi-weekly and sells to & through commercial banks. Just Approach your bank. Most banks require a minimum of 100k to purchase. But banks would want to convince you to fix the money with them, ignore them and remain resolute. Once your mandate has been taken
your account would be credited with the interest and the principal sum would be refunded at maturity. You need to renew the process at maturity.
Risk: Inflation may reduce the purchasing power of your money over time at times of economic recession since what you will get is fixed but guaranteed.
Note that there are indirect ways of investing in fixed income market. This is through MUTUAL FUNDS. What mutual funds do is to aggregate the contributions of many subscribers to invest under the discretion of the fund manager who is a professional investment analyst that constantly studies the market to determine the right investment options that brings good returns and minimize risks to the investment. mutual funds are specialized. ie, we have MF for shares and for fixed income markets and ones that combine both. At times they offer lower minimum investment requirement for people that have small investment capital. First Capital ( a subsidiary of First Bank) is a good, reliable and recommend mutual fund operator ( pls I'm not their agent, but satisfied customer) Kindly google out their details and contact if interested.
Thanks and God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trendkings Daily Forex Money For Everyone "COPY OUR TRADES FREE" / Xclusive Gethelp Worldwide / What Secure Business Can I Invest 2million Without Much Supervision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.