Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) (4601 Views)

According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion. / Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . / Ailing Sonny Okosun Seeks Help In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ehem....*clears throat*

I normally understand all of the nairaland archetypes down to the very last bit. I wouldnt be "logicboy the evangelical atheist here without understanding the psychology of many people here-

-the activists; Striklymi, Pagan9ja, Alfa Seltzer etc
-the myth tellers (misinformers)- Olaadegbu, Joagbaje etc
-the mad men- Obadiah, Tpia etc
-the derailers- Bella, Ishilove, etc

Unfortuantely, i have something that I do not understand. I can give everyone's psychological profile here but one that eludes me is obadiah777! This guy is a certified maniac, a mental case- as depicted by his armageddon rants which he gleefully tells with passion. Yet, this same obadiah777 gets so much love on the religion section, especially from the ladies!

Am I missing something? This guy is as sane as two monkeys on crack, yet he is showed so much affection- even before he became a mod. This guy is not even a christian- he claims to be a supernatural black jew who believes in some War like version of Jehovah. I have almost gone mad trying to know what makes this mad man tick. Whats the secret? Does he send out enticing PMs/emails behind our backs? Does he use some of the powers from his Jewish books? Is he working with some major pipe ===)?

I need some research answers angry
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Why do you think women are most numbered in miracle centers and churches?

Fear hold women easily.

Obadiah propagate fear from ww3 to nuke....even if his prophesy failed.

Where gullible minds are, fear monger rule
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logic and Foly sorry for derailing please check out this thread and help me invite the pastors the've refused to contribue i even saw oladegbu viewing but he refused to comment

www.nairaland.com/1474481/born-again-christians-pastors-only#18745948
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Why do you think women are most numbered in miracle centers and churches?

Fear hold women easily.

hahaha....why didnt I think of that?
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by plaetton: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
Actually, I can help you with analyzing Obadiah 777.

He is what is called a Schizo-typal personality.
In other words, his type carries the deformed type of genes for schizophrenia. In other words, he caries the recessive gene for schizophrenia.

These types are usually intelligent, loners, awkward , gentle and creative.
They usually have a deep obsession with religious or spiritual matters.

In tribal societies, these are the shamans and witch doctors.
In modern society, they are the Obadaihs of nairaland.

It is to be noted that in history, these types abound.
When they hit the right tunes at the right time, they are celebrated as geniuses and revolutionaries, but if and when they hit the wrong tunes or at the wrong time, they are seen as mad men.

Most personalities that have greatly influenced the religions of the world are the Schizo-typal personalities.
Most biblical prophets should fall well within this personality type.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
plaetton: Actually, I can help you with analyzing Obadiah 777.

He is what is called a Schizo-typal personality.
In other words, his type carries the deformed type of genes for schizophrenia. In other words, he caries the recessive gene for schizophrenia.

These types are usually intelligent, loners, awkward , gentle and creative.
They usually have a deep obsession with religious or spiritual matters.

In tribal societies, these are the shamans and witch doctors.
In modern society, they are the Obadaihs of nairaland.

Wow...deep insight there!

erm....so far, we are understanding his motivations....so what is the explanation for the women and affections?
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by UyiIredia(m): 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
@ OP: Just lemme ASAPknow how you categorize me and am out.
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by plaetton: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

erm....so far, we are understanding his motivations....so what is the explanation for the women and affections?

It is the mystery. Women like things that stand out. Women are draw to a strong personality whom they cannot understand.
Women also love humour.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
plaetton: Actually, I can help you with analyzing Obadiah 777.
Most personalities that have greatly influenced the religions of the world are the Schizo-typal personalities.
Most biblical prophets should fall well within this personality type.

Biblical prophets....100% agree. Obadiah fits that bill perfectly. Personally, I call him Jeremiah the hard prophet.
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: Just lemme ASAPknow how you categorize me and am out.

You sire, are the confused, bipolar clown of the religion section who tries to fit in everywhere.

-was a christian
-now a deist, an agnostic and an atheist at the same time
-makes pro-christian comments here and there sometimes
-even makes pro-islam comments
-makes scientific arguments sometimes
-engages in pseudoscientific babble sometimes.

In summary, Mr. Troll summarized your one problem- you overestimate your intelligence

========

^^^

I am opening my self for some butthurt from backlash in the sense of revenge psychoanalysis.... lipsrsealed
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
plaetton:

It is the mystery. Women like things that stand out. Women are draw to a strong personality whom they cannot understand.
Women also love humour.

Oh, yes the humour explains part of it.

I quite agree- women love strong personalities.....this is from personal experience here
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by plaetton: 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Actually, I am currently doing research on the psychology of religion,
That was just one of the facts I came across in my research.

Man , there is soooooo much material on the subject, that I am stymied as how to organize the data into a coherent format for easy reading.
Right from when I was young, on my own, I had always suspected a link between religion and mental illness because in many cases I had noticed that religious zeal tended to peak right before the onset of mental illness.

I had always been intrigued by this link, but now, it seems that is a great deal of scientific evidence to back it up.

It seems that the temporal lobe of the brain is the culprit. It is the religious center of the brain.

I will open a thread to discuss this when my research is completed.
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by plaetton: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

You sire, are the confused, bipolar clown of the religion section who tries to fit in everywhere.

-was a christian

In summary, Mr. Troll summarized your one problem- you overestimate your intelligence

========

^^^

I am opening my self for some butthurt from backlash in the sense of revenge psychoanalysis.... lipsrsealed

cry
Oh miGosh!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
plaetton: Actually, I am currently doing research on the psychology of religion,
That was just one of the fact I came across in my research.

Man is soooooo much material on the subject, that i am stymied as how to organize them data into a coherent format for easy reading.
Right from when I was young, on my own, I had always suspected a link between religion and mental illness because in many cases I had noticed that zeal tended to peak right before the onset of mental illness.

I had always been intrigued by this link, but now, it seems that is a great deal of scientific evidence to back it up.

It seems that the temporal lobe of the brain is the culprit. It is the religious center of the brain.

Religion and mental illness?

Ah- they don study that one die!!

Religion is a form of mental illness at times......I'm sure you seen the studies on that.

However, religion is one of the best tools for mind control...

reading about conditioning and learning in psychology opened my eyes

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by plaetton: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Religion and mental illness?

Ah- they don study that one die!!

Religion is a form of mental illness at times......I'm sure you seen the studies on that.

However, religion is one of the best tools for mind control...

reading about conditioning and learning in psychology opened my eyes

Not one of the best, but the best tool.

I mean, look at their terminogies.

Shepherd and flock.
That says it all.

The Earth is a farm.
Humans are the livestock.
The Religous elites are the farm hands.

But who owns the livestock?
That is the trillion dollar question. lol
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
plaetton:

Actually, I am currently doing research on the psychology of religion,
That was just one of the facts I came across in my research.

Man , there is soooooo much material on the subject, that I am stymied as how to organize the data into a coherent format for easy reading.
Right from when I was young, on my own, I had always suspected a link between religion and mental illness because in many cases I had noticed that religious zeal tended to peak right before the onset of mental illness.

Lol. Smh4u.
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
plaetton:

Not one of the best, but the best tool.

I mean, look at their terminogies.

Shepherd and flock.
That says it all.

The Earth is a farm.
Humans are the livestock.
The Religous elites are the farm hands.

But who owns the livestock?
That is the trillion dollar question. lol

Who owns the livestock? I thought it would be the reigious elites while the religious leaders would be the farmhands

elites- theocratic leaders, Daddy Go's, The top pastors, Highest clerics
leaders- religious youth leaders, lower pastors, organizers, church wardens
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by plaetton: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Who owns the livestock? I thought it would be the reigious elites while the religious leaders would be the farmhands

elites- theocratic leaders, Daddy Go's, The top pastors, Highest clerics
leaders- religious youth leaders, lower pastors, organizers, church wardens

Remember that the last pope said that faith was not a matter of choice.
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
If not for the bracketed ''lolz'' @ the tittle of the thread which suggests 'sarcasm' ..I would have condemned the Op as Bullshi.t negating the Topic of the thread ....

Crapyshi.tty thread !!!
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
donroxy: If not for the bracketed ''lolz'' @ the tittle of the thread which suggests 'sarcasm' ..I would have condemned the Op as Bullshi.t negating the Topic of the thread ....

Crapyshi.tty thread !!!

<<<<< that way to Olaadegbu's latest christian conspiracy threads laced with boring cartoons
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
plaetton:

I shall be looking forward to your scientific proof of linkage between Religion and Mental Illness ...... cool

My resolution for you should U be unable to coherently pull your materials together in order to arrive at a scientific proven conclusions which confirm your Hypothesis ... I would suggest you head to a nearby Hospital so as to get your brain boosted and Updated to the new-Global version cuz your faculty of reasoning would have seem Outdated and Obsolete therefore, only Machine that Charge brain could help you ..... !!!

Scientist who fails to proof their axioms are usually Killed in the then days ..... Hmm !!!
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
donroxy: I shall be looking forward to your scientific proof of linkage between Religion and Mental Illness ...... cool

My resolution for you should U be unable to coherently pull your materials together in order to arrive at a scientific proven conclusions which confirm your Hypothesis ... I would suggest you head to a nearby Hospital so as to get your brain boosted and Updated to the new-Global version cuz your faculty of reasoning would have seem Outdated and Obsolete therefore, only Machine that Charge brain could help you ..... !!!

Scientist who fails to proof their axioms are usually Killed in the then days ..... Hmm !!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/30/religious-fundamentalism-categorised-mental-illness-cured-_n_3359267.html

Even google answers the question before you type it..

Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by UyiIredia(m): 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

-was a christian

========

^^^

After the precedent set by jayriginal and some comments even before that I'm hardly moved save to note:

- That there is some truth to your comment (one even quite close to home)
- That there is one very sure lie. I DON'T overestimate my intelligence. If anything I have a lower esteem of it because I'm not as good academically as I was in my early years.
- That this reminds me of a certain tale I read the moral of which is one stands for both. sides is appreciated by none. So I will take measures to correct things IN TIME. Till then enjoy the show.

Whic leads me to say that I ain't gonna revenge this one. Fearing butthurt huh undecided I wanna be like JeSoul, as polite as I can.
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by plaetton: 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
donroxy: I shall be looking forward to your scientific proof of linkage between Religion and Mental Illness ...... cool

He he.
You misunderstood.
I did not mean that I was trying to stitch together the proof of a link between religion and mental illness.
It has been proven a dozen time.

What I meant was that there is so much mind boggling information on the subject that branches out in so many different areas of psychology and psychiatry, that i am simply trying to fin d a way to make them easy to ready.

You know, Nigerian religious folks tend to have an aversion to scientific research, methodology and terminology.
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

After the precedent set by jayriginal and some comments even before that I'm hardly moved save to note:

- That there is some truth to your comment (one even quite close to home)
- That there is one very sure lie. I DON'T overestimate my intelligence. If anything I have a lower esteem of it because I'm not as good academically as I was in my early years.
- That this reminds me of a certain tale I read the moral of which is one stands for both. sides is appreciated by none. So I will take measures to correct things IN TIME. Till then enjoy the show.

Whic leads me to say that I ain't gonna revenge this one. Fearing butthurt huh undecided I wanna be like JeSoul, as polite as I can.

Of course, clowns like you would see Jesoul as a saint. The same Jesoul that would insult indirectly. She was a master politician with euphemisms
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by ooman(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Why do you think women are most numbered in miracle centers and churches?

Fear hold women easily.

shocked shocked
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by InesQor(m): 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
grin Kai why did I open this thread? Couple of minutes wasted reading, another few seconds wasted dropping this comment grin cheesy
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
InesQor: grin Kai why did I open this thread? Couple of minutes wasted reading, another few seconds wasted dropping this comment grin cheesy

<<<<<< the way to Oladegbu's thread is wide but the way to logic is narrow

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by plaetton: 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Quite narrow indeed.
In fact, I would need a few days just to shrink my cranial lobes to fit in.
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by InesQor(m): 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

It is indeed narrow. I better bounce so the road can be clear. cool

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
plaetton:

Quite narrow indeed.
In fact, I would need a few days just to shrink my cranial lobes to fit in.

lol
Re: Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03: Ehem....*clears throat*

I normally understand all of the nairaland archetypes down to the very last bit. I wouldnt be "logicboy the evangelical atheist here without understanding the psychology of many people here-

-the activists; Striklymi, Pagan9ja, Alfa Seltzer etc
-the myth tellers (misinformers)- Olaadegbu, Joagbaje etc
-the mad men- Obadiah, Tpia etc
-the derailers- Bella, Ishilove, etc

Unfortuantely, i have something that I do not understand. I can give everyone's psychological profile here but one that eludes me is obadiah777! This guy is a certified maniac, a mental case- as depicted by his armageddon rants which he gleefully tells with passion. Yet, this same obadiah777 gets so much love on the religion section, especially from the ladies!

Am I missing something? This guy is as sane as two monkeys on crack, yet he is showed so much affection- even before he became a mod. This guy is not even a christian- he claims to be a supernatural black jew who believes in some War like version of Jehovah. I have almost gone mad trying to know what makes this mad man tick. Whats the secret? Does he send out enticing PMs/emails behind our backs? Does he use some of the powers from his Jewish books? Is he working with some major pipe ===)?

I need some research answers angry

Smdh, loling in tongues gringringrin!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Experts In Nigeria Agrees That Covid 19 Is Fiasco / Investigations Into Damogul's Claim of Raising a Dead Person Back To Life. / Stop Starring at lustful images and videos (wicked Spirit Of lust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.