Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,174 members, 7,852,999 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

We Are Missing Values While Chasing Shadows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Missing Values While Chasing Shadows (403 Views)

Chukwumerije, A Man Of Noble Values – Buhari / My Nephews Are Missing, Please Help! / Nigerians Have Lost Core Values Of Life – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Missing Values While Chasing Shadows by prov1029(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is a thought. We blame leaders for enriching themselves from dishonest gains and yet we sometimes fail to ask ourselves what we are doing. If we push them out, who are they going to be replaced with? My wonder is drawn from the fact that our position of a celebrity in Nigeria is infamous. Taking a quote on nairaland praising Asari even though his source of wealth is unknown. Who are the business scholars we tell people to emulate; Dangote who benefited so much from an administration to the detriment of others, do we think if the field was a level playing ground he will be able to withstand competition.
We call the people in Abuja thieves which in my opinion is no different from an armed robber. The only difference to me is capacity because there is no lesser or greater evil to me, evil is evil. The fact that people like Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga are gurus make we wonder how we think as a people and what we are actually seeking as a nation.
I take it to be people are of different opinion but mine is that values are getting missing and we are allowing our leaders lead us in this manner.
Re: We Are Missing Values While Chasing Shadows by faboloustic(m): 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Do we still have values? No we do not. Corruption in Nigeria is from top to bottom. The people shouting about the corrupt leaders are themselves very very corrupt.

How many people look at the background of others? Background I mean what they stand for? How many people can say they honest men or women, men or women of integrity etc A worker that signs an earlier time on the time book, a boss who inflates monies at the office only to get a kick back afterwards, a man or woman who cheats on his or her husband or wife for money, a man who has to sleep with a woman before giving her a job, police who takes bribe to arrest an innocent person, a common man who cannot get justice in the law court etc

Mehn... It's sad. We have no values. People only respect you if you are rich no minding the source of your money.
Re: We Are Missing Values While Chasing Shadows by prov1029(m): 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Yes i quite agree with you but it is not too late to start building. The earlier the better. I share in your opinion that background does not mean anything as far as the cash is rolling. So people become indebted for various reasons to keep their status. It is sad and very disappointing. One that is painful is that is that you see young ones that tell you theywant to do business and when you dig further into what business they look you in the face stuttering with their lips.
Re: We Are Missing Values While Chasing Shadows by prov1029(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
I have even heard someone say all dangote started with was 500000 naira and he made it big like miracle grows on trees.

(1) (Reply)

Cross River Deputy Governor’s Father Kidnapped / Eid El Kabir Tragedy: Afghan Provincial Governor Killed In Blast / D.r Patrick Ifeanyi Ubahs Campaign Group Organized Seminar Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.