Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,121 members, 7,953,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:48 PM

Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia (22372 Views)

Photos From The Reception In Honor Of Obasanjo In Benue State / Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 12, 2013
The proposed civic reception in honour of Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, billed to hold today in Aba, the commercial nerve centre of Abia State, has been stopped on the orders of the state governor, Theodore Orji.

Abia governor who alleged that the reception was a ploy to launch the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the state stopped the reception organised by rescue missionaries to mark the 51 birthday of Okorocha.

According to one of the organisers who pleaded anonymity, “all arrangements have been concluded for today’s event to mark our governor’s (Okorocha) birthday, scheduled to hold at Abia State Polytechnic, we have paid for the venue and obtained police permit but suddenly Governor Orji ordered that it should not be held on the soil of Abia”.

Saturday Sun gathered that the sudden cancellation of the birthday reception by Abia State governor might not be unconnected with the strained relationship between the duo.

It was equally learnt Governor Orji also instructed the police not to permit any gathering in the state in whatever guise as long as it has to do with the Imo State governor.

When contacted the deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr. Chinedu Offor, said that they were not aware why the reception was stopped, adding that it was not a political rally but a religious affair.

According to him, “our brothers and other progressive minded people in Abia State felt that since the governor had been hosted in the South West, they felt they also should felicitate with him, so I don’t see anything wrong with that”.

However efforts to reach the Chief Press Secretary to Abia State Governor, proved abortive, as his phone was not responding.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/orji-stops-okorochas-birthday-reception-abia/
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 12, 2013
Rochas has left the work he
was voted to do and engage
in spreading Tinubucracy
(APC) in Igboland. He
relocated to Anambra for
Ngige and Tinubucracy(APC)
. He has failed to fullfil his
deceiving promises he has
being making including the
building of African tallest
building in Imo state. Clowns!

25 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by gbanikiti(m): 7:03am On Oct 12, 2013
Stale news. How many times will Rochas celebrate his birthday this year? Mtscheeew!

2 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Tolexander: 7:03am On Oct 12, 2013
Theodore Orji.
Abia governor who alleged
that
the reception was a ploy to
launch the All Progressive
Congress (APC) in the state
stopped the reception
organised by rescue
missionaries to mark the 51
birthday of Okorocha.
According to one of the
organisers who pleaded
anonymity
fashola again!
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 12, 2013
T A Orji's action was uncalled for. There is freedom of association in the country and everyone is entitled to join a political party of his or her choice.They paid for a venue and should have been allowed to use the venue. T A is a slowpoke and a disgrace to PDP. Igbo race is very much disappointed in him. He was schooled in the west and got some of their undemocratic attitude.

27 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by emindu: 7:08am On Oct 12, 2013
virtually i see some people here as ones who revel and delight on discrediting Abiastate government without any fundamental basis of argument on which their lies,fake stories and malignity could be traced on…..in respect to that i notably want to use this moment to refute all lashes of derogation leveled against the state and the governor of Abia state…..we – the good people of Abia with goodwill and progressive mindedness will continue to be in unity with other neighboring state in south east

4 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 12, 2013
chidindufrank: T A Orji's action was uncalled for. There is freedom of association in the country and everyone is entitled to join a political party of his or her choice.They paid for a venue and should have been allowed to use the venue. T A is a slowpoke and a disgrace to PDP. Igbo race is very much disappointed in him. He was schooled in the west and got some of their undemocratic attitude.
I think Okorocha saw it coming, the day alhaji OKOROCHA was stoping Abia transport service frm operating in Oweeri dnt he know that it wil back fire. Alhaji Rochas shud stop causing problem. Abi he want carry him abortion bill come Abia.

6 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by njideoby(f): 7:46am On Oct 12, 2013
Is there no befitting venue in the whole of Imo state to hold this event?
Why cross over to Abia?
Why waste their money to pay for a venue in another man's place for an event that will cost you nothing if you could just point out a venue of your choice in the heartland's zone.
Why,why,why? I smell a rat, probably T.A smelt that too.

11 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by bestview: 8:06am On Oct 12, 2013
Why is rochass always looking for trouble? Good one orji, probably rochass thought it was a gentleman like Obi he is dealing with. The other day rochass was seen fighting Obi's aide for a mere seat.

7 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 12, 2013
Gov Orji lived up to his second name"Ahamefula". This Okorocha is fast becoming a tumour in the entire Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 12, 2013
gratiaoe:
I think Okorocha saw it coming, the day alhaji OKOROCHA was stoping Abia transport service frm operating in Oweeri dnt he know that it wil back fire. Alhaji Rochas shud stop causing problem. Abi he want carry him abortion bill come Abia.
There is no justification for what the governor of Abia did. Okorocha is free to host his event wherever he wants.The venue was hired with money and the proceeds goes to Abia State government. People would have sold water,drinks recharge card and other things that very day,but T A Orji's lack of wisdom soiled their market. T.A Orji's was first sworn in as the governor of Abia State in 2007 at the Abia govt lodge in Lagos immediately he left the prison. If Lagos State govt had stopped the swearing in ceremony,what do you think would have been the fate of T.A Orji then? Let's comdemn evil when we see one please

29 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by dridowu: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2013
I just hope sm pple won't die of hypertension, whenever dy heard of APC loyalist/member , dy will start having HBP. Ok pls guys take things easy oooooo

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Brimmie(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2013
dridowu: I just hope sm pple won't die of hypertension, whenever dy heard of APC loyalist/member , dy will start having HBP. Ok pls guys take things easy oooooo

That's why you're a Dr bruh!! Make them get HBP.. Ur own Prayer don answer be that!! grin grin
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by owolabifunke14(f): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2013
Thief and thief palava e no concern me

3 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by dridowu: 9:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Brimmie:

That's why you're a Dr bruh!! Make them get HBP.. Ur own Prayer don answer be that!! grin grin
i b Vet, if to say i b 4 human, na me go dy hapi past.

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by ifyalways(f): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2013
Why Okorowhite go leave his state go another state to celebrate his birthday? Who's gonna deal with the collateral damage after the party?
Persin go just chop bellefull for him own house,leave him house go anoda man place dey go shyte? Abeg Orji no gree oh cheesy
Shebi he has turned Imo state into mini heaven? he should have no problem picking a befitting venue from his state.

owolabifunke14: Thief and thief palava e no concern me
Gbam

4 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Jensenelizz(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by fuckluv(f): 10:11am On Oct 12, 2013
owolabifunke14: Thief and thief palava e no concern me
LOBATAN!
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by fuckluv(f): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2013
Na dem sabi o sad
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by GentleNaaz(m): 10:14am On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by hollypagan: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2013
who cares
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by waja(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2013
I'm concerned about an individual irrespective of his party.
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Datiboboi: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2013
So many good news on front Page this morning. Look like an apc mod has been impeached .
Good job cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Decryptor(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2013
YES! Frustrate their efforts!! They are already killing themselves in Abeokuta. They should not be allowed to extend the madness to the SE. Let Rochas go and have his birthday reception in berem's house.

6 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by IbnBatuta: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2013
Orji went a bit far. Every Nigerian has a right of meeting anywhere in the country or that's what we all hope.
Rochas has continued to disappoint. But other Govs of non APC interest should match him down with developmental strides instead of cheap blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by snika: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2013
Ibn_Batuta: Orji went a bit far. Every Nigerian has a right of meeting anywhere in the country or that's what we all hope.
Rochas has continued to disappoint. But other Govs of non APC interest should match him down with developmental strides instead of cheap blackmail.
When fashola was 'deporting' mad people to Upper Iweka he didn't know that everyone has a freedom of movement in Nigeria? angry

Or is it because Peter Obi was lenient enough to allow Rochas and Ngiga to insult a whole Igwe Onitsha on his ovala day.

@T. A. Orji, more gleese to your airbow biko cool (Prees, prees, PUN intendended before all these Nairaland teachers go use me call-off ASUU strike grin)

12 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 12, 2013
If this story is true, then it seems Okorocha now sees himself as The Emperor of the East!
2015 is around the corner then he shall know that the Biafran spirit is indomitable.
Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Meringe(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2013
It happened to you and I didn't condemn it, tomorrow it will come to me and no body will condemn it.

Let's face the iSsue and condemn it in entirely.
T. A. Orji is so much afraid of Rochas Okorocha because he is very popular in Nigeria, SouthEast and even in Abia State. I was at the Enyimba Stadium during Ojukwu's burial . Rochas was the man of the moment and T. A. Orji was bullied. Aba residents didn't allow T. A. Orji to make his speech but Rochas name was on the lips of the crowd and the chant was 'Rochas , we need you for just 2weeks as Governor of Abia, we know Aba will wear a better look'.
The burial ceremony turned to a rally celebrating Rochas and Regan Ufomba immediately ceased the opportunity to walk round the stadium to cheer the crowd on the back of APGA governorship candidate.

T. A. Orji saw all these and he will not allow Rochas popularity to materialize and root well in Abia state cos it will be hurricane Abia.

This is the not the 1st time the Abia State govt will cAncel his visit to Aba, even in 2012, he was scheduled to attend welcome visit by Imo indigenes in Aba at CKC, the state govt stopped it.

That is just the truth.

Condemn it now or it will happen to you tomorrow.
Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by Meringe(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2013
emindu: virtually i see some people here as ones who revel and delight on discrediting Abiastate government without any fundamental basis of argument on which their lies,fake stories and malignity could be traced on…..in respect to that i notably want to use this moment to refute all lashes of derogation leveled against the state and the governor of Abia state…..we – the good people of Abia with goodwill and progressive mindedness will continue to be in unity with other neighboring state in south east
We know whom you be.

No need to read through.

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by patriotic007: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2013
Mr okorocha is the best thing that has happened to Imo,....I only pity him for Joining the jihadist party,.....GEJ till two thousand and nineteen,.....team fresh air,......benin zone

1 Like

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by conyema12(m): 10:49am On Oct 12, 2013
emindu: virtually i see some people here as ones who revel and delight on discrediting Abiastate government without any fundamental basis of argument on which their lies,fake stories and malignity could be traced on…..in respect to that i notably want to use this moment to refute all lashes of derogation leveled against the state and the governor of Abia state…..we – the good people of Abia with goodwill and progressive mindedness will continue to
be in unity with other neighboring state in south east

I dnt knw how much u ve been paid to come out here and say this have u been to aba recently, there is no road in aba. PH road is terrible, ngwa road is no longer passable, urattha road is no longer exixsting. Abia ppl are suffering and you are here creating a false impression. Try and visit other neighbouring states to discover how backward abia is only because of that slowponk. U shld be ashamed of ur self.

8 Likes

Re: Orji Stops Okorocha’s Birthday Reception In Abia by bobothem(m): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2013
No wonder the Abia Poly side of Aba/Owerri Road is completely blocked off by men of The Nigeria Mobile Police.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mimiko To Blackmail Buhari To Prevail On INEC - Sahara Reporters / Omo-Agege Appoints Orubebe As Campaign DG For Delta 2023 / Soldiers Kill 11 Bandits During Intense Battle In Birnin Gwari, Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.