Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? (21432 Views)

The Proper Way Of Wearing The Hijab. / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class / A Non-muslimah's Experience Under The Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Sard(m): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
undecided undecided Na by force

3 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Polio: 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
I am a fella.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by 1shortblackboy: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
because nigeria is in africa and africa is freaking hot ?!! undecided
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Sometimes? Most of her pics are without veil......

Anyhoo, let us leave this their thread ooo. like one poster above said- they wish to ignore commonsense.

Tomorrow, they will lie to our faces that hijab is not by force but today they are calling the choice not to wear hijab "excuses". cheesy
Many of the rich Arab women dont even wear hijab. Na the Africans, Asians, especially the poor ones that prefer it.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

*runs from thread*
lol.. i dey ur back johr... na them sabi ooo..
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by isalegan2: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
A scarf can protect you from the heat (and the cold), you know. What are you people talking about it's too hot. Anyway, there is no compulsion, I wear it when I want.

This girl is Nigerian:

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Austeenx: You don't expect anybody with Brazilian hair to put on Hijab, do you.

Hijab is for poor African Muslim women. tongue grin
NIGERIAN..wink
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by 1shortblackboy: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
isale_gan2: A scarf can protect you from the heat (and the cold), you know. What are you people talking about it's too hot. Anyway, there is no compulsion, I wear it when I want.

This girl is Nigerian:

which kind wor wor yoyuba girl be that undecided now that girl should wear that all covering hijab with only a space for the eyes tongue
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Otono2(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
HSM*:
This was so enlightening that I thoought I'd share something from our blog:

Scarf Face!

One rainy day in October, I had a conversation while waiting for a bus at Ikoyi. The second party to this dialogue was a pimple-faced guy who exhibited considerable interest in me, until my mouth went on a little frolic of its own. The three-minute affaire du coeur went a little like this:

Guy: hello, my name is X (real name omitted)

Me: hi

Guy: may I know yours?

Me: no

Guy: why?

Me: I was just answering your question

Guy: oh…. (After some seconds) I think you’re very pretty

Me: really? Thank you

Guy: But that scarf! Aren’t you feeling hot?

Me: I could say the same for your suit. Do you need a hanky?

Guy: ha-ha…no, thank you. You know the corporate world and their strict dress code. I guess you’re a Muslim?

Me: you would be guessing right

Guy: this scarf you people wear, doesn’t it feel oppressive?

Me: wow! This coming from the guy who is sweating profusely in a suit he’s being forced to wear?

Guy: it’s not the same. How about your right to freedom of expression?

Me: Actually, it is the same. (At this point, I studied the folder in his arms and realized he was a lawyer) Um……I can’t remember what you said your name was. Take my advice and save your human rights speech for a judge who really cares to listen. Oh and by the way, it’s called hijab.

(The bus arrived at this juncture and I hopped on and then turned to wave at X)

Guy: bye, scarf face

Me: bye, pimple face!

Dear Mr. X, for the benefit of yourself and many others like you who remain trapped in the Dark Ages, I’ve decided to go against my better judgment and write about the whole ‘mystery’ surrounding hijab.

The first step is to remove your blindfold and open your eyes. Stop seeing hijab as a mere piece of cloth wrapped around the head. The hijab doesn’t ‘wrap’. Rather, it ‘covers’. Hijab is an all-encompassing term which portrays the entire aura of a Muslim woman –from her way of......

To continue reading, please visit : highstreetmuslimah.
I hope it is beneficial to us all.

Maasalam!
mtcheew
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by nora544: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
In summer we have many visitors from saudia arabia in my country.

What i see is the man wear shorts and a shirt with short sleeve and the woman went with a black coat with long sleeves and she wear the Niqab.

When a wife have to wear this than a husband should also wear long trousers and a shirt with long leeves.

The same right for both of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niq%C4%81b read this it is very good.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by talk2me006(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Sometimes? Most of her pics are without veil......

Anyhoo, let us leave this their thread ooo. like one poster above said- they wish to ignore commonsense.

Tomorrow, they will lie to our faces that hijab is not by force but today they are calling the choice not to wear hijab "excuses". cheesy
Many of the rich Arab women dont even wear hijab. Na the Africans, Asians, especially the poor ones that prefer it.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

*runs from thread*

Mr man!
If the princess of morrocco or others does not wear hijab, then it means they are not obeying the teaches of islam. This does not hold the facts that the hijab is not compulsory..

Many muslims are not practising muslim. A true muslim will always abide to islam teaching.
Hope you get that?

7 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by theripper3: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
What are the benefits of Hijabs? Does it accentuate a girl's beauty in anyway? There are beautiful muslim girls who don't put on the Hijab at least in the South west. This belaboring on self-righteouness and outward purity by hardline islamsits is appalling. Muslims should bother less on the minor and harp on the major like Terrorism, Illiteracy and women emancipation.

Sallam aleikum

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Danfodite: 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
They choose to cover up for HIM(ALLAH) not him.

3 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Lilimax(f): 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hijab kor Jihad ni sad

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by vedaxcool(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
talk2me006:

Mr man!
If the princess of morrocco or others does not wear hijab, then it means they are not obeying the teaches of islam. This does not hold the facts the hijab is not compulsory..

Many muslims are not practising muslim. A true muslim will always abide to islam teaching.
Hope you get that?

The guy is not too smart, so bear with him.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by vedaxcool(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Danfodite: They choose to cover up for HIM(ALLAH) not him.

1 trillion likes, that is simply it. We hear and we obey.

3 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
deejay_harry1: NIGERIAN..wink

Go to Somalia, Niger, Chad, etc. The Muslim women over there use vaseline... Damn! I SAID HIJAB!!! angry
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by vedaxcool(m): 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
the_ripper3: What are the benefits of Hijabs? Does it accentuate a girl's beauty in anyway? There are beautiful muslim girls who don't put on the Hijab at least in the South west. This belaboring on self-righteouness and outward purity by hardline islamsits is appalling. Muslims should bother less on the minor and harp on the major like Terrorism, Illiteracy and women emancipation.

Sallam aleikum

Obeying Allah is very important in the life of a muslim, you might not understand what it means to Hear Allah and obey him.
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by vedaxcool(m): 5:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
the_ripper3: What are the benefits of Hijabs? Does it accentuate a girl's beauty in anyway? There are beautiful muslim girls who don't put on the Hijab at least in the South west. This belaboring on self-righteouness and outward purity by hardline islamsits is appalling. Muslims should bother less on the minor and harp on the major like Terrorism, Illiteracy and women emancipation.

Sallam aleikum
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by makahlj2: 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
Paris_Love:

Queen of Jordan wears veil sometimes.

Lol. Hillary Clinton wears a veil sometimes, too.

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by makahlj2: 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
1 shortblackboy: because nigeria is in africa and africa is freaking hot ?!! undecided
Arabia isn't terribly cold, either smiley
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
In all fairness, I think Hijab is another Halloween costume. tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by makahlj2: 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Paroman: Oh hijab, that stuff always look so horrible on gurls. Like seriously, take a nice look at yourself in the mirror and see how awful that Arabic garb looks on you
You're right, niqab looks WAY better smiley
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Austeenx:

Go to Somalia, Niger, Chad, etc. The Muslim women over there use vaseline... Damn! I SAID HIJAB!!! angry
lol... vaseline..wink
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by sunshineT: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
Wc one is niqab?
Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by theripper3: 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
rafhell: Islam too get issue.
Seems some people are building up excuses to start some senseless killings.
Arabs imposed way of dressing.

Funny enough, it isn't even an Arabian thing, Jewish women of bible days wore veils (years before islam was conceived). Western women and female african slaves did too. The way muslims dey shout am, u go think say na their invention.

1 Like

Re: What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? by makahlj2: 5:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
sunshineT: Wc one is niqab?

Google is your friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ramadan Fasting; Saudi Arabia Announces Date For Commencement / Fast Of One Who Had Wet Dream And Ejaculated After Waking Up / 7 Beautiful Pearls Which Make A Wife Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.