Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up (21389 Views)

Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Syenite(m): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
BabaAlabi: Chuba Akpom is far better than Ameobi,Martins or Odemwingie. All players I mentioned above are far better than Ideye. Kano Pillars 3rd team striker is better than Ideye. Should I continue?

Chuba Akpom can only compete for a place in our next U20, he will contest for a shirt with a player like Isaac Success. His future under 20 mates are now in UAE playing for the U17. Not matured yet for the current Super Eagles. Brown Ideye is currently better than Martins and u cannot invite a player like Odemwingie and put him on the bench cos he is nt better than Emenike, Moses and Musa.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
I wish dem success in 2moro's match, dats all I hav to say
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by olawumia(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kehinde fatai as well .he is doing well.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Syenite(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
ortopazz:
When Taiye Taiwo and Echejele bin park 4 world cup, shey na Afam bin injure them. . .

I am nt completely rulling out injuries, u should know by now that we have a regular 3 forwards( Emenike, Moses, Musa) and a back 4 forwards (Nwofor, Nsofor, Ideye, Ameobi). Anichebe, Martins, Akpom, Obasi and co are for now nt doing better than either our regulars or the subs. Period.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Afam4eva(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite:

I am nt completely rulling out injuries, u should know by now that we have a regular 3 forwards( Emenike, Moses, Musa) and a back 4 forwards (Nwofor, Nsofor, Ideye, Ameobi). Anichebe, Martins, Akpom, Obasi and co are for now nt doing better than either our regulars or the subs. Period.
Can you tell me that Ideye and Ameobi deserve to be in that team better than Anichebe, Obasi and even Martins. Is it the same Ideye that gets 100 scoring chances and converts one?
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by optimusprime2(m): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
Whoever said Musa is better than Osaze "FOR FREAK'S SAKES!" is it until Musa gives Nigerians stroke before you realize he doesnt have football/Tactical sense?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by MeGaStReEt: 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
Julius Aghahowa, Pius Ikedia, Efe Sodje, Chidi Odiah, Abbey George, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Wilson Oruma etc. These players should also be invited to the super eagles, everybody should be given a fair chance to prove himself.

On a serious note, I laugh at people who mention Lukman Haruna, that niccur couldn't pass a ball to save his life in SA2010. I could still remember how he was falling over the place unchallenged like he had banana peels on. Jeeeezzzzz That bloke is so overrated, infact he is overly overrated, in some people blurred mind, he was better than Mikel Obi at that time, in fact he was regarded as the next big thing since kuilikuili, that guy is shyyyteee. If I see anybody mention e name again, I go burn this thread. Lukman Haruna ko, Lukas Hururna ni

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by KKImoh: 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite:
Compare Anichebe/Obasi with Emenike/Moses/Musa/Nwofor. Is Anichebe/Obasi better? If yes then they deserve a call-up, else they should stay put where they are for now.
afam it seems lyk u'r nt in reality wit d football world, obasi hasnt net a goal for more dan 5month, even anichebe fynds it hard 2score, damn physicality, futbal dnt use muscles again
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by herbeytv(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
Rawpidgin: osaze is washed up? sweetheart please! he's better than musa, ideye, ameobi & infact, he's better than 70% of the current squard

musa, ideye are Nations Cup Medalist ....they are daimond in the dirt and they have been found.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Ekhemini(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Can you tell me that Ideye and Ameobi deserve to be in that team better than Anichebe, Obasi and even Martins. Is it the same Ideye that gets 100 scoring chances and converts one?
Do u knw d last tym obasi was evn listed in a matchday squad? I bet u dnt.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by rayraymonds(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
They have given this players you're calling their chances, but they messed up.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Ekhemini(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
MeGaStReEt: Julius Aghahowa, Pius Ikedia, Efe Sodje, Chidi Odiah, Abbey George, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Wilson Oruma etc. These players should also be invited to the super eagles, everybody should be given a fair chance to prove himself.

On a serious note, I laugh at people who mention Lukman Haruna, that niccur couldn't pass a ball to save his life in SA2010. I could still remember how he was falling over the place unchallenged like he had banana peels on. Jeeeezzzzz That bloke is so overrated, infact he is overly overrated, in some people blurred mind, he was better than Mikel Obi at that time, in fact he was regarded as the next big thing since kuilikuili, that guy is shyyyteee. If I see anybody mention e name again, I go burn this thread. Lukman Haruna ko, Lukas Hururna ni
Lukman haruna scores screamers week in week out in d ukrainian league. 4get wat hpnd b4,players do develop

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by safarigirl(f): 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wetin Osaze dey play these days? He's washed up abeg, we talking fresh legs una wan drag us back with a man over thirty who can't keep up with the pace of those in their twenties. The only person as old as Osaze in the current team is Enyeama and a goalie isn't as worked as a striker. Kwukwu call up Chiwetalu Agu as striker na.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Otu7(m): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
U people seem 2 av 4gotn abt Taye Taiwo. His set piece deliveries. He is by far beta dan Echiejile

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by ortopazz(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite:

buh my bro ideye and Martins will never be in the same class. . .IDeye has causd us so many heartaches nt that he aint gud, just nt clinical, Imagine a Martin back in the fold, it wil be Dangerous 4 any back4, Emenike, Osaze, common Ameobi is jus being given caps for the fun of it, Martins or Osaze shud be in his position. . Musa. . Musa? Guy i wan beliv say we knw say diz guy na bomb 4 Russia, buh all im former strike partnerz don comot cos of gud deals Musa stil dey wey im dey,, is the something those other coaches want and he his nt gving? Yes. . . Ball sense, its nt just running and crossing, selling a dummy too. . Is a skill he shud learn! . .nt saying he aint gud, jus nid to drastically improve.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Ajengogo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
Some of these guys may be good. A good number of them have attitude problems which may affect overall team spirit. Every coach wants the best in his squad. A situation whereby a particular player's inclusion will have a negative impact on team spirit, such player is better dropped. There is no player that is indispensable. On several ocassions we've seen star players dropped because of attitude problem, and the teams were better off
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by MeGaStReEt: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ekhemini:
Lukman haruna scores screamers week in week out in d ukrainian league. 4get wat hpnd b4,players do develop

Lukman Haruna barely make the First team let alone score screamer week in week out. Guy where una for dey watch una match? Lukman Haruna is not fit to wear the Nigeria jersey

I want to see videos of those "screamers" you mentioned. No be only screamer, na shouter

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by ortopazz(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite:

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by RealAlfranco: 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
it has 2 be Dele Adeleye for me,dis guy has never messed up anytime he's wearing green and white!!!
For the sake of God,Chuba Akpom jst turned 18,and he is an England u-19 international...I wonder why all dis arsenal fans won't shut up and let da guy grow!! Before Nigeria finalise his paper work so he can play 4 us,it will be after da world cup...maybe 2015!! Una go just dey misyarn anyhw!!!
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by MORNDEW(m): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
Apart frm indiscipline som of dis guys can do very well am not soliciting for a change in d winning team bt those players ar better dan others. Osaze, martins,aluko is better dan ameobi. Haruna can compete wit mba, ogu, ogude oduamadi. Adeleye can compete wel wit Azuibuike Egwueke.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Desdola(m): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
The truth is that every body wld not play for d national team at a time. many of these guys u mentioned have been given their fair share of opportunity n did not live up to expectation. the coaches have eyes n know better.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by haibe(m): 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
All I know is that we don't need shola ameobi in that team, martins will do

Ameobi is the worst striker I have seen in this life, when I watch his game in newcastle I am always ashamed he is Nigerian, keshi should have left him to play for england instead of begging him, he is of no use.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Jelo4kul(m): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
Jelo4kul: And how does this affect thier Salary or my share from thier salary,,as far as am not gettin any share,,i go bak to bed,,,first page tins loadin shocked grin grin
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Abbeylincson(m): 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
please call keita our red card bearer 2010 grin
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by ravensckar(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite:

Is Aluko better than Mikel/Onazi/Oduamadi/Ogu/Mba/Igiebor? If no then he does nt deserve being called-up.
4rm ur comment above,one wld av knwn u'r d type dt sleeps off wen a futbal match is ongoin(as a result of stress thou) only 2buy a newspaper d next day so as 2see player's rating(especialy d accidental n once in a life-time performers). Even a village idiot knows Oduamadi is over-hyped,nothin d guy dey play abeg. Ogu,Mba,nd Igiebor or watevr u cal dem,2me Keshi has a cut in thr allowance nd so has 2protect his interest. If nt,wen d lyk of Oruma cld nt make our team because of Jay-jay alone. U can imagine who wld av knwn of ds pple's existence if our football hadn't bn compromised...
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by chucky234(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Jordan Ibeh of Liverpool FC, Victor Anichebe and Joel Obi are excellent players.
The fact that Joel Obi plays for club as big as Inter Milan speak of his talent,I think he is way better than Mba,Ogude and Onazi.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by taiocol: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Man of the moment ALUKO. i will nt 4get his Goal against Motherwell wen playing 4 celtic. Guys maradona nor reach Amcheesy dribble the Whole Motherwell team(frm keeper 2 attacker 2 defend) dribble enter Net.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Christmasdon(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Christmasdon(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
.what of Ikechi Anya of watford. Is he really playing for scotland?.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by theripper3: 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
I feel shola ameobi should be expunged from the national team. Dude is past his prime, he was never in his prime to start with and Haruna Ishola sorry haruna lukman is grossly overrated, he does nothing except from his usual theatrics. Shola should be replaced with anichebe.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by greggng: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
Believe it or not we don't ve a sharp striker and osaze will come in handy. My take

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel's Goal Against Uruguay Among The Best In Confederations Cup / 2018 FIFA World Cup: Super Eagles Group D Opponents Croatia, Iceland Lose Friend / Ivory Coast Vs Guinea-bissau: AFCON 2023 - (2 - 0) On 13th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.