Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up (21390 Views)

Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by zolajpower: 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
JOHN OKAFOR THE COMEDIAN SHOULD BE CALLED UP
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by festivity123: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
ortopazz:
When Taiye Taiwo and Echejele bin park 4 world cup, shey na Afam bin injure them. . .
i like all the players but i dont like Ideye and musa,keshi should recall martins and Osaze
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by splashbaby(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
safarigirl: Wetin Osaze dey play these days? He's washed up abeg, we talking fresh legs una wan drag us back with a man over thirty who can't keep up with the pace of those in their twenties. The only person as old as Osaze in the current team is Enyeama and a goalie isn't as worked as a striker. Kwukwu call up Chiwetalu Agu as striker na.
Who be Chiwetalu Agu? Na striker too...I wan know dat guy ooo
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by rapmike(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
MORN DEW: The present super Eagles squad impresses me alot, i must confess that i now watch their matches with high level of confidence. The present crop of players are also good but not all. I also knw that this is not the best time to change a winning team but i think some players are doin well in their clubside and deserve a call-up. Notable among them are:

Lukman haruna, Dele Adeleye, Obafemi Martins stil scores even in USA( to me he is better than Ameobi), Sonne Aluko and please forgive me Osaze Has started findin his form again.
What do u think, you can suggest some other names
Una don start again o, meddlers, leave keshi alone o.

Having said that, there r still a few guys dat can add sum value to the Super Eagles. Anichebe looks good enough to make a claim in d attack line, Joel Obi is ok but we do have a couple of midfielders already and his injuries dnt help him,Adeleye can best act as a back up,i can only use Shittu if we r using 3 centre backs in the match and Martins is aging,even though he has a chance. FORGET OSAZE,LET HIM REST ABEG. Imoh and co should move to better leagues to improve themselves 1st.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Sagamite(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite:
For those clamouring for Osaze:
Emenike vs Osaze
Moses vs Osaze
Musa vs Osaze

See y Osaze is nt being considered for now?

Osaze is better than all of them.

Osaze is more versatile. He can create more than Emenike and can score almost as much as Emenike can.

Osaze is better than Moses, even though marginally.

Osaze vs Musa? Don't let me even call Sango to deal with you for this comparison. Musa is the most senseless player I have seen in the last 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Ekhemini(m): 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
MeGaStReEt:

Lukman Haruna barely make the First team let alone score screamer week in week out. Guy where una for dey watch una match? Lukman Haruna is not fit to wear the Nigeria jersey

I want to see videos of those "screamers" you mentioned. No be only screamer, na shouter
Lolz...u dnt knw abt him bro. Anyway,google is there 4 all ur enquiries,week in week out dosnt really mean evry week. shey na u cm d fit 2 wear jersey abi?
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Ekhemini(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
safarigirl: Wetin Osaze dey play these days? He's washed up abeg, we talking fresh legs una wan drag us back with a man over thirty who can't keep up with the pace of those in their twenties. The only person as old as Osaze in the current team is Enyeama and a goalie isn't as worked as a striker. Kwukwu call up Chiwetalu Agu as striker na.
I'm sure ozaze is using his real agen because he wasn't born here,d rest r falsified. Its vewi obvious dat u r a fan of african magic n nt football
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by MeGaStReEt: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ekhemini:
Lolz...u dnt knw abt him bro. Anyway,google is there 4 all ur enquiries,week in week out dosnt really mean evry week. shey na u cm d fit 2 wear jersey abi?

I have been to google and back. Is there another google aside the one we all know?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Sagamite(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2013

You must be drunk.

You think any of the Nigerian players who were not raised in Western countries is below 25?

Onazi is 20 years old?

Yeah right, I am 17 then.

My friend many of them are over 30.

So called "28 year old" Martins is washed up and playing in the US league. 28 me freaking arsse. Odemwingie is of equal age to 80% of our players.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Soso990240(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ekhemini:
Lukman haruna scores screamers week in week out in d ukrainian league. 4get wat hpnd b4,players do develop
and brown ideye was d league second highest goal scorer last season.how many did lukman score last season,how many assists and how many games did he start.is he among their team regular 11? NO Dear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Ekhemini(m): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
Soso990240: and brown ideye was d league second highest goal scorer last season.how many did lukman score last season,how many assists and how many games did he start.is he among their team regular 11? NO Dear.
Lemme ask u,whch club does fegor ogude plays for? Pls dnt google it n tell me if he deserves to b invited ahead of haruna...invitation does nt mean u'l b starting or playin 4 90minutes. Haruna will definitely add sumthing to d team. We r all entitled 2 our opinions sha. N pls if u'l quote dis post again,dnt use ' dear' on me,it mkes me scared, lolz
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Sagamite(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ekhemini:
Lemme ask u,whch club does fegor ogude plays for? Pls dnt google it n tell me if he deserves to b invited ahead of haruna...invitation does nt mean u'l b starting or playin 4 90minutes. Haruna will definitely add sumthing to d team. We r all entitled 2 our opinions sha. N pls if u'l quote dis post again,dnt use ' dear' on me,it mkes me scared, lolz

I know Haruna is a better player than Ogude (who plays for, off my head, Valerenga or something like that grin) but they don't play in the same position.

Haruna is an Attacking Midfielder or secondarily a Central Midfielder. Ogude is Defensive Midfielder.

You should be assessing who Haruna will displace in his position.

Mikel? Igiebor? Mba?

Or you have to argue the reduction in other positions (i.e. wingers, defence, attack etc) to accommodate him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by NellyGhenghen(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Anichebe deserves to be called up to this team. He's a good addition to the frontline. Chinedu Obasi is also a good player and should be called up.

Obasi kur obaseki ni, dyu even know what u r saying atall?
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by haibe(m): 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
ivory coast lead by 2 goals to nil, gervinho, goal.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Sagamite(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
haibe: ivory coast lead by 2 goals to nil, gervinho, goal.

Thanks. Completely forgot.

Busy engrossed in the Burkina vs Algeria match and forgot to switch over.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by optimusprime2(m): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
lets look at Stats here... Obafemi Martins is Nigeria's fastest Striker on Record(Yup, faster than musa), he burns @35km/h (FIFA'S DATA) thats why he's undergone so many doping tests to ascertain his aggressive pace.
He is left footed, which makes him unique,
and currently he is in top form.
dont you think the SE's attack could do with that kinda utility? whats Amoebi's strong feauture that Emenike Lacks? cuz I can assure you no other striker can perform O.Martins function in a team. Lets not forget that O.Martins has the highest work rate compared to the other SE strikers (reminds me of a faster C.Tevez)
2- Osaze VS A.Musa... please, please and please lets be sincere, who do you think comes out tops in this comparison?;
a Double footed player who is versatile in forward positions and goal potent, against a single footed explosively pacy player... that is pathetically senseless?
I mean the latter is obvious.
3- Is Danny Shittu Dead? why is there still a problem with C.B recruitment?
4-I still prefer T.T to E.E @ left back. why?
please refer to T.T's present form, does he deserve to be excluded?
5-lets be frank, apart from Haruna Lukman, which SE midfeilder is naturally an Attacking Midfeilder? because Mikel is an assigned attacking midfeilder so is Mba so?
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
optimus-prime1:
lets look at Stats here... Obafemi Martins is Nigeria's fastest Striker on Record(Yup, faster than musa), he burns @35km/h (FIFA'S DATA) thats why he's undergone so many doping tests to ascertain his aggressive pace.
He is left footed, which makes him unique,
and currently he is in top form.
dont you think the SE's attack could do with that kinda utility? whats Amoebi's strong feauture that Emenike Lacks? cuz I can assure you no other striker can perform O.Martins function in a team.
2- Osaze VS A.Musa... please, please and please lets be sincere, who do you think comes out tops in this comparison?;
a Double footed player who is versatile in forward positions and goal potent, against a single footed explosively pacy player... that is pathetically senseless?
I mean the latter is obvious.
3- Is Danny Shittu Dead? why is there still a problem with C.B recruitment?
4-I still prefer T.T to E.E @ left back. why?
please refer to T.T's present form.

E.E all day for me.

One of our best players at the moment.

If T.T cannot play in midfield or warm the bench, then he is of no worth at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by IMMUNO1(m): 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
We should first pray for us to qualify for world cup. I believe Keshi is still going to invite more players if we qualify.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by MaziOmenuko: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Odenwingie is miles ahead of Musa in all ramifications; they are incomparable! Just the controversies that surrounds Osaze and may dampen the team spirit.

Ameobi shouldn't be on that team. I've watched him at Newcastle and while I expected him to mature into a world class striker, he dwindled without hitting form. He was there during the days of Alan Shearer, Obafemi Martins. He was there when Andy Carrol came and left, likewise Demba Ba; yet he can't win a regular shirt as the oldest striker (if not player) on the team.

The coach had to loan Remy from QPR who has won a starting place, leaving shola on the bench.

Having said that, I'm of the opinion that we should finish up the qualifying series with our current winning team. After the qualification, we can invite more players, play more friendlies with them and blend them into the team for the world cup.

Osaze must be invited for the world cup. His experience, creativity and goal scoring feat cannot be equalled by any forward we have now.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by haibe(m): 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
3:0 Kalou scores, senegal losing it. Ivory coast all the way.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by safarigirl(f): 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
I repeat, Osaze is WASHED UP. Nigerian players born in Naija are falsifying their age ke? Na you born them or na you fill out their birth certificate? Even Mikel that took an MRI test for U-17 is falsifying abi? Only a myopic person would think Mikel is in his thirties with him pikin face or Moses sef is in his thirties, mtchew. Please you guys need to come up with another argument, this age thing is stale. Make dem call Osaze, he fit dey clap for the SE when dem play.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by antifat(m): 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
rabonni: how do topic even make front page or there re usernames that can make front page..... when u post important stuff the mod won't even look at it, grow up nairaland

That's has always being the mods culture!
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by Sagamite(m): 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
safarigirl: I repeat, Osaze is WASHED UP. Nigerian players born in Naija are falsifying their age ke? Na you born them or na you fill out their birth certificate? Even Mikel that took an MRI test for U-17 is falsifying abi? Only a myopic person would think Mikel is in his thirties with him pikin face or Moses sef is in his thirties, mtchew. Please you guys need to come up with another argument, this age thing is stale. Make dem call Osaze, he fit dey clap for the SE when dem play.

Oh, I need to give birth to someone to know if they are over-aged or not?

One cannot just use their common sense?

I need to have born Stanley Okoro before I know his a father and not 16? Even I need to have born Fashola before I know he is not under 35.

They are not falsifying their age but virtually all Nigerian players were playing in the Nigerian Premier League at 15 to 17 years of age. All of them seem to be babies when they started playing in the NPL and were regulars. In your oblongata, that makes sense?

So you believe the tosh that Mikel was playing in the NPL at 15? And Stanley Okoro was highest goal scorer in the NPL at 13? And Aghahowa had finished secondary school, joined the police and was the top scorer for the police team at 13?

The only league in the world full of 15 year olds that look like fathers.

Pikin face my arsse! If Robinho was Nigerian, he would qualify to play for Nigeria U-13.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by haibe(m): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
DO YOU KNOW?

During preparations for the 2003 FIFA
Under-17 World Championships, the
Nigerian Football Association mistakenly
submitted "Michael" as "Mikel" for the
tournament in Finland. He decided to keep
the new name, saying that it had a special
ring to it. On 31 July 2006, he stated that he
prefers to be called Mikel John Obi instead
of John Obi Mikel, as he had most commonly
been called.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by 9jatechzone: 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Make free calls, browse free of charge with ur MTN ,AIRTEL, GLO Lines & ETISALAT LINES with N0.00, get etisalat fr33 200MB DATA, also MTN Free 500MB DATA & AIRTEL 300MB DATA PLANS+GLO 255mb data plan , download all types of java Anti-Virus + so many much more alottt get all these freeee of charge At

http://www.morecoded.com/register.phpMake free calls, browse free of charge with ur MTN ,AIRTEL, GLO Lines & ETISALAT LINES with N0.00, get etisalat fr33 200MB DATA, also MTN Free 500MB DATA & AIRTEL 300MB DATA PLANS+GLO 255mb data plan , download all types of java Anti-Virus + so many much more alottt get all these freeee of charge At

http://www.morecoded.com/register.php
Make free calls, browse free of charge with ur MTN ,AIRTEL, GLO Lines & ETISALAT LINES with N0.00, get etisalat fr33 200MB DATA, also MTN Free 500MB DATA & AIRTEL 300MB DATA PLANS+GLO 255mb data plan , download all types of java Anti-Virus + so many much more alottt get all these freeee of charge At

http://www.morecoded.com/register.php
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by rapmike(m): 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
I reali tnk God dat sum of u guys aint d coach,d mindless mentioning of names here pisses me off,lyke they paid u guys 2 call osaze's name. Tell me,dis osaze dat u guys shout about, has playd 4 d SE 4 at least 4 yrz yet wat did he produce,eh? Fights wit al d coaches dat managd d team. All dis folks u mentiond(not Imoh and d unknowns) hav had dia chance wit d SE and producd nting. Now a coach cums by and stops calling dem,u guys open ur mouths 2 talk dia cuming bck,4getting dat it was afta dis change dat we won d Nations cup and playd in d Confed cup. U guys r such a bunch of ingrates. BTW, those saying dat they should be cald afta qualification should ask themselves how they wil feel dat if afta toiling so hard 4 a team prize, u see sm1 jst cum 4rm nowia and take it under d guise of experience or bigger league huh?

Am surprisd dat sm1 wil consider Lukman at dis stage. U want him 2 cum and be chewing gum while throwing away matches 4 Nigeria? Then al of u talking wil nw say dat SE dnt play wit dedication. Mstchew, if he likes he can score in per hour basis,d form of Mikel wil everly block his way
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by rapmike(m): 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
I reali tnk God dat sum of u guys aint d coach,d mindless mentioning of names here pisses me off,lyke they paid u guys 2 call osaze's name. Tell me,dis osaze dat u guys shout about, has playd 4 d SE 4 at least 4 yrz yet wat did he produce,eh? Fights wit al d coaches dat managd d team. All dis folks u mentiond(not Imoh and d unknowns) hav had dia chance wit d SE and producd nting. Now a coach cums by and stops calling dem,u guys open ur mouths 2 talk dia cuming bck,4getting dat it was afta dis change dat we won d Nations cup and playd in d Confed cup. U guys r such a bunch of ingrates. BTW, those saying dat they should be cald afta qualification should ask themselves how they wil feel dat if afta toiling so hard 4 a team prize, u see sm1 jst cum 4rm nowia and take it under d guise of experience or bigger league huh?

Am surprisd dat sm1 wil consider Lukman at dis stage. U want him 2 cum and be chewing gum while throwing away matches 4 Nigeria? Then al of u talking wil nw say dat SE dnt play wit dedication. Mstchew, if he likes he can score in per hour basis,d form of Mikel wil everly block his way
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by ukandi1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Adrenaline123: Danny shittu, i like the defence of that guy. Very huge defender, very hard to dribble and pass him by.

very slow in recovery and cannot turn.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by edi287: 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Syenite: Wash! all the players that deserve a call-up have been called up already, the rest are nt good enough for now. Not every player deserves a place in the national team.

All those clamouring for Lukman Haruna, do this comparison:
Mikel vs Haruna
Onazi vs Haruna
Ogu vs Haruna
Mba vs Haruna
Igiebor vs Haruna
Oduamadi vs Haruna

Is Haruna better than any of those Super mid-fielders?

All those clamouring for Chuba Apkom and Martins:
Emenike vs Akpom vs Martins
Moses vs Akpom vs Martins
Musa vs Akpom vs Martins
Nwofor vs Akpom vs Martins
Ameobi vs Akpom vs Martins
Ideye vs Akpom vs Martins

Is Akpom/Martins better than any of those super strikers?

For those clamouring for Osaze:
Emenike vs Osaze
Moses vs Osaze
Musa vs Osaze

See y Osaze is nt being considered for now?

For those clamouring for Adeleye;
Omeruo vs Adeleye
Eguekwe vs Adeleye

U are the judge.
Haruna is WAY better than Ogu, Mba and Nosa. Cant compare Oduamadi to him cos he plays as a winger. Osaze is certainly better than Musa and Ameobi. Adeleye when fit is better than both Omeruo and Eguekwe. I still dont understand why aluko and the Uche bothers are yet to be called up. Keshi better stop playing agent and start inviting players based on merit.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by ukandi1(m): 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
Adrenaline123: Danny shittu, i like the defence of that guy. Very huge defender, very hard to dribble and pass him by.

he is very slow to recover and can be easily outrun by fast attackers.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by drpompay(m): 10:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sometimes i wonder d kind of peeps in Nairaland.
Ameobi was called up to play for Nigeria @ 26yrs but opted to play for England which never came, now @ 30+ he agrees to play for Nigeria, even wen he is not playing regularly for his club, yet he is better than Osaze?
Sone Aluko has always been a great player even in Rangers of Scotland b4 they went in2 administration. Was even in FIFA list of players to watch out for in 2007 yet some fellas on Nairaland says the 30+ mba is better?
That the current players are doing well, does not mean that there's no room for improvement.
Re: Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up by kingdanoutfit(m): 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
I wish SE d very best...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel's Goal Against Uruguay Among The Best In Confederations Cup / 2018 FIFA World Cup: Super Eagles Group D Opponents Croatia, Iceland Lose Friend / Samuel Kuchili Dies After Brief Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.