Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,182 members, 7,860,242 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (615757 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by KayEnn(m): 1:07am On Nov 24, 2013
Hello Chirgo, do you know if it's possible for one to apply from abroad? I did my undergrad here in Turkey and would want to move to Canny for MSc. thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SantohFilz(m): 1:12am On Nov 24, 2013
May God help me......my visa application needs serious prayer.
The God dat did it for my best friend won't forsake me....I believe we will be at Upei together by January.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SantohFilz(m): 1:13am On Nov 24, 2013
Can I apply online and still apply by paper?.... I need to be in Upei with my bro by January.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SantohFilz(m): 1:15am On Nov 24, 2013
Please I need prayers from all nairalanders.....but if the visa is not out by January,that does not mean one will be denied nw?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oluwarote: 1:37am On Nov 24, 2013
Oluwarote: Hello Nlanders, am new in this forum but i have read the whole of part 5 of this thread. Please i need your wisdom, guidance and advice about my Study Visa in Canada.
I had been offered an admission at Centinnial College for May 2014 intake, i did d admission process by myself and later contacted BCIE for visa application assistance, they has offered to assist with visa application at no cost, but they insist that i must pay my full tuition before we can start the application after i have pay initial deposit of $1,115 as requested by the college.
I have about 1.5m in my personal account which could only cover first semester tuition, and my sponsor insisted that until may be i am granted visa or d embassy instructed me to pay d remaining tuition that he can pay.
Please i hope is never too late to start d application now?
Thanking you for your responses and advice...
One Love!

Please i need response from you, please...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kemiboi: 1:47am On Nov 24, 2013
who is coming to Calgary?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Alenkakent(m): 2:02am On Nov 24, 2013
Hello... Pls I want to apply for my msc... are there foreign schools that do not request for English proficiency tests like toefl and so on?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by klems4real: 3:49am On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by klems4real: 3:49am On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by klems4real: 3:50am On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by klems4real: 3:51am On Nov 24, 2013
imperiouxx:

lols...... calling me lazy..... You got million miles to run to catch up with me. grin

Please, pardon the guy. As it is seen in his user-id, Bishop4APC. He is either a politician or political stalwart. Probably he does not know what an ordinary Nigerian go through to survive in a day.
Why do you call it a scholarship, when the beneficiaries are children of Ministers, Senators and Governors?
......They say, education is the key to success! But in our case, ASUU don spoil the padlock.......
The system alters the flow of education, you don't graduate at the time u should graduate, as calculated from the time you started. You grow old within those walls, sometimes the delay erodes the entire knowledge you had so far acquired, if any. When the strike is over, you try to reboot yourself so you can get into the studying frequency again. It's hightime we asked, what has been wrong with this country's educational system? The people at the helm of affairs in ASUU, do they in all good conscience, embark on this strikes for the benefit of the educational system or for their personal gains ? Your guess is as good as mine, because the strike actions have brought no results over the years. In 2009, the ASUU strike that started in June was cosmetically ended on friday, the 23rd of October, because Nigeria was to host the junior world cup from the next day 24th. The government required a parallel reason for ending the strike. Students had threatened to disrupt the flow of the world cup event if the lingering strike was not "briefly suspended". ASUU is on strike, and the President Goodluck Jonathan is on pilgrimage in Israel. He acquired 3 private jets in one purchase to the tune of $155m [NGN23bn] during the heat of the ASUU strike in 2009. Imagine what NGN23bn could do for the ailing 27 public universities at the time. The unfortunate reality is that, after all of this, employers thereafter call you "half-baked".The aviation sector is in comatose, planes are going down everyday and the Aviation Minister is acquiring bullet proof cars, infact she is currently dining and probably seeing the sunrise at the beachside with the President in Israel. The Nigerian airspace as been nicknamed the "most unsafe on the planet". The country puts you in a corner wherein you just sit and hope that all will be well; but as Mitt Romney would say, "Hope is not a good strategy", moreso in a country like ours. Even if the strike ends tomorrow, it doesn't guarantee there will be no more strike in the not too-distant future. We suffer a dysfunctional and irresponsible leadership in all spheres of the Nigerian endeavour. I pray and hope we can correct this a bit in 2015. I weep for my fatherland, but how far can my tears go? If you are a non-Nigerian reading this, please amplify my tears by crying for us.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nicemax: 4:45am On Nov 24, 2013
imperiouxx:

My bro, 100% of young Nigerians (few old people too) have once applied or always apply until the US kicks Nigeria out of the scheme.

TRUE TALK
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nicemax: 4:47am On Nov 24, 2013
Amefrica: See trafic! shocked

Viewing this topic: Torlark(m), israel007, mr
fabuloz(m), jamp, Amefrica(m), St. Edwin(m),
Soyedele1(m), Irises(m), Tundenoni(m), johnstar
(m), Pasca07, talibanazuka(m), johnnobles,
justfact, Linqsz(m), kayscholar(m), tonyrero(m),
olaabiodun(m), Lalaska(m), rash47(m), mitey(m),
niceeric(m), Nadia_SA1(f), ocheezie, Jimmywest,
bedane, Highbe(m), Fhemmmy, Siga,
moshood44(m), kasimbabs6(m), Sharingan,
harbeordune(f), Midecuc, Ujawissy, 1313(m),
JustHector(m), abbey086(m), Beulah Hephziba
and 54 guest(s)
(Go Up)

JUST PASSING
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:02am On Nov 24, 2013
klems4real:

Please, pardon the guy. As it is seen in his user-id, Bishop4APC. He is either a politician or political stalwart. Probably he does not know what an ordinary Nigerian go through to survive in a day.
Why do you call it a scholarship, when the beneficiaries are children of Ministers, Senators and Governors?
......They say, education is the key to success! But in our case, ASUU don spoil the padlock.......
The system alters the flow of education, you don't graduate at the time u should graduate, as calculated from the time you started. You grow old within those walls, sometimes the delay erodes the entire knowledge you had so far acquired, if any. When the strike is over, you try to reboot yourself so you can get into the studying frequency again. It's hightime we asked, what has been wrong with this country's educational system? The people at the helm of affairs in ASUU, do they in all good conscience, embark on this strikes for the benefit of the educational system or for their personal gains ? Your guess is as good as mine, because the strike actions have brought no results over the years. In 2009, the ASUU strike that started in June was cosmetically ended on friday, the 23rd of October, because Nigeria was to host the junior world cup from the next day 24th. The government required a parallel reason for ending the strike. Students had threatened to disrupt the flow of the world cup event if the lingering strike was not "briefly suspended". ASUU is on strike, and the President Goodluck Jonathan is on pilgrimage in Israel. He acquired 3 private jets in one purchase to the tune of $155m [NGN23bn] during the heat of the ASUU strike in 2009. Imagine what NGN23bn could do for the ailing 27 public universities at the time. The unfortunate reality is that, after all of this, employers thereafter call you "half-baked".The aviation sector is in comatose, planes are going down everyday and the Aviation Minister is acquiring bullet proof cars, infact she is currently dining and probably seeing the sunrise at the beachside with the President in Israel. The Nigerian airspace as been nicknamed the "most unsafe on the planet". The country puts you in a corner wherein you just sit and hope that all will be well; but as Mitt Romney would say, "Hope is not a good strategy", moreso in a country like ours. Even if the strike ends tomorrow, it doesn't guarantee there will be no more strike in the not too-distant future. We suffer a dysfunctional and irresponsible leadership in all spheres of the Nigerian endeavour. I pray and hope we can correct this a bit in 2015. I weep for my fatherland, but how far can my tears go? If you are a non-Nigerian reading this, please amplify my tears by crying for us.

Yea, it's sad to hear our universities are still shutdown. 4 straight months if I'm correct. Which country does that because of no regard for education? angry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HiDee2(m): 6:13am On Nov 24, 2013
[quote author=Champion2013]Sponsor: MUM (self employed) 
Paid all fees which includes tuition and accommodation before submission. 
Paper route via VFS 

Bank staments: 
Key stone bank 5mil (corporate acct)
Sterling bank 8mil (corporate acct)
Sterling bank 600k (corporate acct) 
Fixed deposit 10mil (for education)
FCMB Dollar acct with cash flow of about 600kdollars balance 300dollars. (The dollar account is used to Close business deals with partners abroad)

Other documents 

Transcript 
Statement of result 
WAEC result 
Letter of intent to study in Canada 
Letter of sponsorship 
Letter of introduction from sponsor
University certificate 
Admission letter (original and photocopy) 
Birth certificate 
A list of all the documents submitted 
Family picture
Police clearance certificate 
International passport 
Forms (application outside Canada, family information, study permit questionnaire )
Bank draft payable to deputy high commission of Canada N19,500
Nysc call up letter and Id card ( was still serving when I applied batch c 2012)
Parent's marriage certificate 
Notarized affidavit of sponsorship 
Sponsor's tax clearance card 
Photocopy of sponsor's data page and previous travels 
Photocopy of siblings data pages
Parents letter of consent 
Sponsor' s bank statements and refrences from all banks 
Sponsor's business registration certificates 
Sponsor's fixed deposit for education in Canada(10m)
Landed property worth 300mil 
Business asset worth 115mil 

Guy, u submit all ds bank statemnts n finaancial docs on top canadian visa? y dem no go giv u visa sharp sharp, u over-qualify sef... u no be typical hustling naija student agn o, u r rich dude... gud for u sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HiDee2(m): 7:04am On Nov 24, 2013
see hw pple tak dey ja comot for Naija... Mak God help fix our country o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HiDee2(m): 7:04am On Nov 24, 2013
Champion2013: Sponsor: MUM (self employed) 
Paid all fees which includes tuition and accommodation before submission. 
Paper route via VFS 

Bank staments: 
Key stone bank 5mil (corporate acct)
Sterling bank 8mil (corporate acct)
Sterling bank 600k (corporate acct) 
Fixed deposit 10mil (for education)
FCMB Dollar acct with cash flow of about 600kdollars balance 300dollars. (The dollar account is used to Close business deals with partners abroad)

Other documents 

Transcript 
Statement of result 
WAEC result 
Letter of intent to study in Canada 
Letter of sponsorship 
Letter of introduction from sponsor
University certificate 
Admission letter (original and photocopy) 
Birth certificate 
A list of all the documents submitted 
Family picture
Police clearance certificate 
International passport 
Forms (application outside Canada, family information, study permit questionnaire )
Bank draft payable to deputy high commission of Canada N19,500
Nysc call up letter and Id card ( was still serving when I applied batch c 2012)
Parent's marriage certificate 
Notarized affidavit of sponsorship 
Sponsor's tax clearance card 
Photocopy of sponsor's data page and previous travels 
Photocopy of siblings data pages
Parents letter of consent 
Sponsor' s bank statements and refrences from all banks 
Sponsor's business registration certificates 
Sponsor's fixed deposit for education in Canada(10m)
Landed property worth 300mil 
Business asset worth 115mil 

Guy, u submit all ds bank statemnts n finaancial docs on top
canadian visa? y dem no go giv u visa sharp sharp, u over-qualify
sef... u no be typical hustling naija student agn o, u r a rich dude... gud
for u sha.... congrats tho'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 24, 2013
nicemax:

JUST PASSING

grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by go4gold007(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2013
Alenkakent: Hello... Pls I want to apply for my msc... are there foreign schools that do not request for English proficiency tests like toefl and so on?
Most canadian schls have waived for Nigeria. Check requirements of the schl u applying to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by go4gold007(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2013
Alenkakent: Hello... Pls I want to apply for my msc... are there foreign schools that do not request for English proficiency tests like toefl and so on?
Most canadian schls have waived for Nigeria. Check requirements of the schl u applying to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by okirewaju(f): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2013
okirewaju: Thanks a lot Siga,i meant affordable motels/inn close to Niagara College.Dec. 15th nia be the date
Hi Siga,pls your attention is needed.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by takin35(m): 7:49am On Nov 24, 2013
I am a technician and I wish to work and live in Canada pls how do I go about it? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2013
SantohFilz: Can I apply online and still apply by paper?.... I need to be in Upei with my bro by January.

Having two concurrent application invalidates the whole visa process. Considering the success rate of online application; it will be extremely ridiculous to use paper application process.

The fasted TRV we have recorded on Nland took a month which is extremely rare. Now factoring the holidays in December and Early January, if you submit your application end of November, it is must likely you would get your TRV by mid January or requested to get a new start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vicishow(m): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2013
Travelling to CANADA is the smallest! Even USA. You just have to connect the right source
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by zico70: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2013
Almost another monday coming in,God of mercy in U we put our trust don't let us be put to shame.Let there be testimonies of medicals and trvs.I must be in ontario soon.IJN

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2013
KayEnn: Hello Chirgo, do you know if it's possible for one to apply from abroad? I did my undergrad here in Turkey and would want to move to Canny for MSc. thanks.

You can apply for TRV from any country where you currently reside. So yes you can apply from Turkey and move straight to canada for your Msc.

My friend applied from the UK and moved straight to Canada for his Msc.

Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oluwarote: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2013
Hello ChriGo, am new in this forum but i have read the whole of part 5 of this thread. Please i need your wisdom, guidance and advice about my Study Visa in Canada.
I had been offered an admission at Centinnial College for May 2014 intake, i did d admission process by myself and later contacted BCIE for visa application assistance, they has offered to assist with visa application at no cost, but they insist that i must pay my full tuition before we can start the application after i have pay initial deposit of $1,115 as requested by the college.
I have about 1.5m in my personal account which could only cover first semester tuition, and my sponsor insisted that until may be i am granted visa or d embassy instructed me to pay d remaining tuition that he can pay.
Since i have come across this trend, i have decided to abandon BCIE and do it myself
One Love!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Luvlydevin(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2013
Hello house what are my chances of enrolling in undergraduate programme with waec certificate of 2007 am 21 years old, and also is it easy to convert canada 6 months visit visa to either student visa or work visa, and as for to convert visit visa to work visa like how much and what are the things needed for the transition, I no I Have asked too much but your help is needed ASAP thanks for your contribution house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2013
onos9ice:
Okay..... But I'm waiting for a custodian form from my uncle. My admission letter says I should resume by 6 of Jan. But since I havent applied that means I'll have to defer the admission. But does the embassy need the deferment letter.........

There are 2 ways to go about it. You can apply with your current admission letter and wait for the embassy to instruct; you get a new start date if your trv won't be ready on time for classes.
Or
You can request the deferment letter from the school then use the new admission letter for your visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Alenkakent(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2013
go4gold007: Most canadian schls have waived for Nigeria. Check requirements of the schl u applying to.
Thanks for the response but can u pls suggest cheap universities like that to me that offer biochemistry related courses at MSc. Level
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2013
Oluwarote: Hello Chirgo, am new in this forum but i have read the whole of part 5 of this thread. Please i need your wisdom, guidance and advice about my Study Visa in Canada.
Since i have come accross this trend, i have decided to abandon BCIE and do it myself
One Love!

You were trying to create unnecessary headaches for yourself. You really don't need any special agent to help you apply for visa. Thank God you came accross this forum.
Now start putting your application arsenal together. Considering your admission is for May 2014, you are in a very comfortable position to stire your ship. You got till end of January to sort your documents right. Thanks to the new online route.

Oboi, if na the time of paper application, I for done chase you go apply now now cos that normally took 4 to 8 months for trv to be ready.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by zigi88: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2013
Siga: ... Thts no prob... there are few students there that are looking for someone to take over dem lease as they are don next month... I will PM u and u can reply... I go link u up with one...
I'm also very interested sir... thanks in advance. francis.iyamabo@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.