Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,285 members, 7,860,665 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:01 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (615823 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
I would have done it with all pleeasure except that I got mail refusing me trv at the early Hours of today.However I hope to furnish this great forum of with detail of my apps and letter of refusal asap
Canadidacy:

Make 'Springers 2014' keep moving cos August Visitors (to turn PR holders) are warming up to start choping the trv 'Chops'.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by obichijiokeobi: 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
Arrived Conestoga College yestrday, Doon Campus. Its was really an hectic flight. To all the hopefuls, i pray dat God will make a way for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
Seunalasho: are u sure uncle chrigo,if dats it then no wahala niyen ooo.thanks so much
.....Yep sure.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
obichijiokeobi: Arrived Conestoga College yestrday, Doon Campus. Its was really an hectic flight. To all the hopefuls, i pray dat God will make a way for you.
.....Welcome to Canada.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
SantohFilz: I mailed cic and they told me I should send in my name,phone number,address,passport number and the date I submitted...Please can somebody tell me what is that for?
.......My man your question get Agranulocytosis grin.....CIC told you to send details, you still dey ask what its used for.....haba!!!......ok dem wan use am decorate office......bro those details are for them to sort out your file and respond to your inquiry......i hope you wont ask what TRV is used for when they issue it to you...lol........

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
LOL......chrigo dear grin winks kiss
ChriGo: .......My man your question get Agranulocytosis grin.....CIC told you to send details, you still dey ask what its used for.....haba!!!......ok dem wan use am decorate office......bro those details are for them to sort out your file and respond to your inquiry......i hope you wont ask what TRV is used for when they issue it to you...lol........

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Rukkky: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hi everyone in d house, since the vo confirms soa submitted, wat if the sponsor uses d money b4 they contact d bank will it affect the appliication?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Canadidacy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
lexmikey: I would have done it with all pleeasure except that I got mail refusing me trv at the early Hours of today.However I hope to furnish this great forum of with detail of my apps and letter of refusal asap

Oooops, sorry for the delay, I pray it make you laugh last this same year. No qualms na refire things for you, Winners never qiut. #teamcannyfall2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Rukkky: Hi everyone in d house, since the vo confirms soa submitted, wat if the sponsor uses d money b4 they contact d bank will it affect the appliication?
.....In that case its all about luck....Although the VO wouldn't request the current statement of Account balance from the bank but you might be instructed to go print a current SOA(this is not a common scenario) which of course will reflect whether a reasonable amount has been withdrawn or not.....there has been alot of argument on this forum regarding the issue of VO confirming SOA or not.....so Rukkky you might be Lukkky to scale through grin.....God aint sleeping......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
miss bon: LOL......chrigo dear grin winks kiss
....winks!!! grin....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
Bros them slam me denial too.God dey sha.
BashToks:

I was denied on the grounds that
"You have not been able to convince us that you are a bonafide student" which according to vfs is what they say when they have no candid excuse for denying an applicant.
I did everything by the book didn't leave any room for error and yet I got denied at the last minute.
VFS said they got way too many denials for a week or 2 cos they heard a new new immigration officer stepped in to handle applications for 6 weeks.
So bad timing for me and all the other numerous people that got denied during that period I guess.

I have one question for people that have used or are using the online application route though..
Do I need to upload a receipt for tuition payment right from the start or should I wait until the embassy asks me to do that.. cos as it is am due to get my full tuition refund from Seneca college by end of January so I can now use that to pay for my new school.
ThanKs!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shenanigans: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
lexmikey: Bros them slam me denial too.God dey sha.

Sorry man. Wetin be their reason?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by teexzle: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
Da-range:
chrigo..... Back to being active on nairaland now .... Been a while
Welcome bk frm exile tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by teexzle: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
lexmikey: I would have done it with all pleeasure except that I got mail refusing me trv at the early Hours of today.However I hope to furnish this great forum of with detail of my apps and letter of refusal asap
So sorry abt ths bro..delay is not denial...repackage and refire..2014 is still fresh..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
See am o.I welcome any suggestion cos this one I no kw we're to start.either mk I travel go dubai com back,then change my course from Prgt managmnt to construction management to compliment my msc in architecture,,then register my firm wen I take dey hustle for naija then document my project and if possible pay sm tax.anoda person suggest say I for include my papa,mama,brother and him family travel history to show say my family no be runner as they barely sspend up to two weeks for isreal dubai,egypt,SA and US. beter still mk i use the 29k usd wen my ppl budget take start bisiness while I polish my self research wise for my phd.my parents say mk I bone canada try austrailia or US.I no go lie I confuse,cos this one no be about money now.my SOA na total 12m plus d small 3k usd I save for my own dom account.please my esteemed forumite,kindly help.I am tinkin of collectin my small change from centinnial,mk I bone canada all tgeda
shenanigans:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lexmikey: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
See am o.I welcome any suggestion cos this one I no kw we're to start.either mk I travel go dubai com back,then change my course from Prgt managmnt to construction management to compliment my msc in architecture,,then register my firm wen I take dey hustle for naija then document my project and if possible pay sm tax.anoda person suggest say I for include my papa,mama,brother and him family travel history to show say my family no be runner as they barely sspend up to two weeks for isreal dubai,egypt,SA and US. beter still mk i use the 29k usd wen my ppl budget take start bisiness while I polish my self research wise for my phd.my parents say mk I bone canada try austrailia or US.I no go lie I confuse,cos this one no be about money now.my SOA na total 12m plus d small 3k usd I save for my own dom account.please my esteemed forumite,kindly help.I am tinkin of collectin my small change from centinnial,mk I bone canada all togeda.well for now I don dey jack dey wait my NNPC n civil service test.my ppl God dey!
shenanigans:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SantohFilz(m): 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chrigo....I meant what that yield to?....will tat gimme my call for my medical
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by CentennialGuy: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello all, this is my first time commenting on Nairaland and in this section. I stumbled here through google while gathering information on studying in Canada. I'm about to begin application for admission into Centennial college, I will like to ask a few questions.
1. Is there anybody here who is already studying at or about to go to Centennial?
2. If yes, is IELTs or the likes necessary for admission? I went to Maple, they said writing IELTs is not necessary but on the school's website, it is written that proof of English proficiency through IELTs or Toefl is necessary for International students applying from outside of Canada. Pls, I need advice on this. I don't want to spend 40k on IELTs if I don't have to.
3. Finally to the gurus in the house. My brother who is going to sponsor me is already a permanent resident along with is family in Canada with their Citizenship card too. My question is will the CDHC here in Naija accept him as my sponsor or does the sponsor have to be resident in Nigeria?
Sorry, for the long post. I just got a lot to ask. Thanks in advance for kind response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SantohFilz(m): 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
miss bon: LOL......chrigo dear grin winks kiss
lol...broz chrigo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by flaiboy: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hey guys, got a msg in my CIC inbox requesting for my passport for final visa processing. Meaning my TRV is ready!
I applied online on Dec 8 as a self sponsor and I'm heading to MUN for MASc Environmental Systems Engineering & Mgt. I have a first degree in Environmental Engr/Tech, but I presently work with one of Nigeria's leading bank in Lagos.

Start date: May 2014
Program fee: $22,000
Online app submission: 08/12/13
Biometrics: 11/12/13
Med request: 03/01/14
Med done: 04/01/14 @Asaju
Passport request: 10/01/14

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

1. Study permit and family information form.
2. SOA N6.5m, May 01 to Dec 05 2013.
3. Past investment certificates; employment letter; telex copy and receipt of $2000 tuition deposit; pensions statement; 3 months pay slips; affidavit of self support; and executive summary of financials.
4. Letter of Acceptance
5. Passport and police clearance cert
6. 3 page SOP; CV; academic transcript; nysc discharge cert; and local & intl awards.

Will truly like to say a big thank you to the house, cos I've been following this thread since June 2013 and read from Pg 1 of Part 1 to date. The things I learnt actually helped me to package my docs effectively.

I will like to clearly state that withdrawal of funds from your acc after printing of statement does not raise any red flag. The funds in my acc came in Nov as lump sums, cos I had to liquidate my investments in the money market and I printed on Dec 5th. After printing, I moved all the funds on the 6th, cos I do a lot of investing, therefore, I dont leave so much in my acc. The embassy does not ask for ur present acc bal as at the time they contact the bank, cos the bank is bound by the law not to release ur financial information to any third party without a written approval from u. The only orgs that are exempted are CBN, EFCC, NFIU and ICPC. All embassies have signatory booklets of all banks in Nigeria. When u submit ur statement to them, they compare the signatures on the statement with what is in the sig booklet. If they are not comfortable with it, they contact the desk in head office to confirm the authenticity of the statement. THEY DONT ASK FOR PRESENT BALANCE, cos they are not entitled to know that. The only details they are entitled to are the ones in the statement u gave them. If they want to confirm present bal, its left for them to ask you for a new SOA with specified date. Please this is a fact and not here say. I hope this info will help some people.

Also note that ur SOP is key. Explain as much as u can or u are comfortable with, even if its 10 pages, #just saying. It may be the only opportunity u have to make the VO understand certain things that he/she is not clear with in ur app. Then trust in God. Ask to for wisdom to effectively package ur docs.

Lastly, if you are new here, I'll recommend you pay the sacrifice to read through the whole thread. It will really help u. If u cant, at least read thru part 4 & 5, since a lot has changed recently in Canadian visa app. God bless and favour us all (admission, medic, & trv hopefuls and those already in canny). Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Rukkky: 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
lexmikey: See am o.I welcome any suggestion cos this one I no kw we're to start.either mk I travel go dubai com back,then change my course from Prgt managmnt to construction management to compliment my msc in architecture,,then register my firm wen I take dey hustle for naija then document my project and if possible pay sm tax.anoda person suggest say I for include my papa,mama,brother and him family travel history to show say my family no be runner as they barely sspend up to two weeks for isreal dubai,egypt,SA and US. beter still mk i use the 29k usd wen my ppl budget take start bisiness while I polish my self research wise for my phd.my parents say mk I bone canada try austrailia or US.I no go lie I confuse,cos this one no be about money now.my SOA na total 12m plus d small 3k usd I save for my own dom account.please my esteemed forumite,kindly help.I am tinkin of collectin my small change from centinnial,mk I bone canada all tgeda
Sory, I think u shld try us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Seunalasho: 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
Pls flaiboy pls can u send your phone number to my email address-seunshow2001@yahoo.com ,I have some questions to ask you I submitted online too dec19
Rukkky: Sory, I think u shld try us
flaiboy: Hey guys, got a msg in my CIC inbox requesting for my passport for final visa processing. Meaning my TRV is ready!
I applied online on Dec 8 as a self sponsor and I'm heading to MUN for MASc Environmental Systems Engineering & Mgt. I have a first degree in Environmental Engr/Tech, but I presently work with one of Nigeria's leading bank in Lagos.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

3. Past investment certificates; employment letter; telex copy and receipt of $2000 tuition deposit; pensions statement; 3 months pay slips; affidavit of self support; and executive summary of financials.
4. Letter of Acceptance
6. 3 page SOP; CV; academic transcript; nysc discharge cert; and local & intl awards.

Will truly like to say a big thank you to the house, cos I've been following this thread since June 2013 and read from Pg 1 of Part 1 to date. The things I learnt actually helped me to package my docs effectively.

I will like to clearly state that withdrawal of funds from your acc after printing of statement does not raise any red flag. The funds in my acc came in Nov as lump sums, cos I had to liquidate my investments in the money market and I printed on Dec 5th. After printing, I moved all the funds on the 6th, cos I do a lot of investing, therefore, I dont leave so much in my acc. The embassy does not ask for ur present acc bal as at the time they contact the bank, cos the bank is bound by the law not to release ur financial information to any third party without a written approval from u. The only orgs that are exempted are CBN, EFCC, NFIU and ICPC. All embassies have signatory booklets of all banks in Nigeria. When u submit ur statement to them, they compare the signatures on the statement with what is in the sig booklet. If they are not comfortable with it, they contact the desk in head office to confirm the authenticity of the statement. THEY DONT ASK FOR PRESENT BALANCE, cos they are not entitled to know that. The only details they are entitled to are the ones in the statement u gave them. If they want to confirm present bal, its left for them to ask you for a new SOA with specified date. Please this is a fact and not here say. I hope this info will help some people.

Also note that ur SOP is key. Explain as much as u can or u are comfortable with, even if its 10 pages, #just saying. It may be the only opportunity u have to make the VO understand certain things that he/she is not clear with in ur app. Then trust in God. Ask to for wisdom to effectively package ur docs.

Lastly, if you are new here, I'll recommend you pay the sacrifice to read through the whole thread. It will really help u. If u cant, at least read thru part 4 & 5, since a lot has changed recently in Canadian visa app. God bless and favour us all (admission, medic, & trv hopefuls and those already in canny). Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by flaiboy: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
For those that applied online and were issued TRV, pls what day did u take ur passport to the embassy? Is there a specific day or anyday is fine?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Bigbenson: 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
Emblem:

Hello, It depends on which field you belong. I am into IT(network security) and http://www.itechconference.ca isnt a bad one. Its free but goes for $50 if u apply after May. Registration starts February.

Thanks So MUCH my Brother Your Source Of Joy Will Never Dry. Please Am Into Business So How Did You Think I Can Search And Get Cheap Or Free Ones Like You?

Thanks

Modified After So Much Search I Got A Tour Package With Just 24$ See Link Here Incase Any One Needs To Do Tourist Visa Too. https://secure.ticket-ops.com/Niagara_Falls_Wonder_Pass/nft
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by omotola83: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
flaiboy: Hey guys, got a msg in my CIC inbox requesting for my passport for final visa processing. Meaning my TRV is ready!

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

4. Letter of Acceptance

congratulations. i think you have a very solid profile that's why everything worked this fast. please as you rightly said, SOP is very important, that is an opportunity you have to really express your ambition. I am currently about to apply too,I have made full tution payment my problem is the SOP. please i need assistance from you or any body that can give me one as a guide... you can remove your personal details from it , so that it can help me as a guide.
I

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by flaiboy: 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
omotola83:

congratulations. i think you have a very solid profile that's why everything worked this fast. please as you rightly said, SOP is very important, that is an opportunity you have to really express your ambition. I am currently about to apply too,I have made full tution payment my problem is the SOP. please i need assistance from you or any body that can give me one as a guide... you can remove your personal details from it , so that it can help me as a guide.
I

Thank u Tola. Will post a sample SOP here soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
@flaiboy, congrats. God is great indeed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by patrovet1: 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
omotola83:

I
pls dis ur schl ask u to pay ur tuition fee or ujst decided 2 pay on ur discretion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by flaiboy: 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chatters: @flaiboy, congrats. God is great indeed.

Thanx Chatters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
flaiboy:

Thanx Chatters.

Make sure you bring me Gala oh . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by omotola83: 11:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
patrovet1: pls dis ur schl ask u to pay ur tuition fee or ujst decided 2 pay on ur discretion

Its not a requirement to pay, I just intentionally paid to increase my chances for getting visa. But its not automatic weather you pay or not.
embassy too does not require you pay before appying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by omotola83: 12:03am On Jan 11, 2014
flaiboy:

Thank u Tola. Will post a sample SOP here soon.

pls kindly send it to my mail as soon as you can pls. omomotola83@yahoo.com.

thanks so much.

I will appreaciate it if anybody can help me with a sample of SOP as a guide for me. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.