Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610153 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congrats to the latest Otondos in Canada. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congrats to the newest TRV and Medic choppers. More grace to awaitees. Bon Voyage to those travelling this month...God will protect us from Ebola and its cohorts.Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
exbash:

Biko nu "do me as u do my broda' kindly send same to me - exbashorun1@yahoo.com. tanks ...#waiting#

Sent!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
Finestlex: Congrats to all those who just chopped their trv. To the fellas that were delayed, the Lord is your strength.. never give up hope. If Amefrica can do it, yes you can. @amefrica, I received my LOL last night..

Good thing you received your LOI! Go forth into Canada.. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Good thing you received your LOI! Go forth into Canada.. grin
thanks Bro.. when are you balling?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
DebohBaron:

Buy what if I'm asked to submit my job offer letter and payslips??
In the form, you fill ur IT and NYSC job experience the way u do in ur CV.
Job offer letter n payslips are for financial proof which is needed if u are for self sponsor or co-sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kcluv2men(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
Finestlex: Congrats to all those who just chopped their trv. To the fellas that were delayed, the Lord is your strength.. never give up hope. If Amefrica can do it, yes you can. @amefrica, I received my LOL last night..

Congrats bro!! Wish you a safe flight. See you @ Mapleland. We shall all get there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Aii, thanks. Live the Canny dream.
abisolmi:

Thanks alot for clearing this. nothing really was asked except my letter of intro and i brought it out, the lady didnt even spend 5mins with me. no hassle at all, maybe cos the monday was a holiday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Finestlex: thanks Bro.. when are you balling?

Omoh, I suppose ball 2 weeks to this time shaa. You?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by semuyi: 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
please house, i am about filling my online application, i need guidance .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
abisolmi:
No mis information anywhere, I stated what I was told by the international office. you apply for authorization which takes 3weeks. whoever needs more info, let them ask their uni abeg, maybe mine are not as conversant as you - who knows?
....i responded according to your post where you said "To those who applied for visa before June 1, na gobe o"....Just trying to clarify to peeps that there is no gobe anywhere....Who knows you fit don land person for Hospital with ur statement grin.....Anyways, wish you da best in ur studies.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
please kindly help with sample of LOI and SOP .I want to refire immediately .. Please. My email is royalplastics003@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

Amefrica:

I've sent some samples to ur mail..

Merge it with the docs in/under Letter of Explanation.

Success!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by semuyi: 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
@Amefrica i sent u an email
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
ilrbell2005: please kindly help with sample of LOI and SOP .I want to refire immediately .. Please. My email is royalplastics003@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

Sent!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
semuyi: @Amefrica i sent u an email

Seen! ..but real busy now. Will get back to you soon!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chops33(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ all the Veterans iN the house..
What's really wrong in going for a second bachelor's Degree?
I just need clarity on this...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thanks a lot . I just replied.

Thank you

Amefrica:

Sent!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
ChriGo: ....i responded according to your post where you said "To those who applied for visa before June 1, na gobe o"....Just trying to clarify to peeps that there is no gobe anywhere....Who knows you fit don land person for Hospital with ur statement grin.....Anyways, wish you da best in ur studies.....

Lmao!!so true. Naijas are always too quick to jump the gun, see how many mentions i saw on my single post. Guys cool down oo, impatience also causes EBOLA virus o, be warned *wink*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
semuyi: please house, i am about filling my online application, i need guidance . pls mailakinwo2@yahoo.com
This is it:

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

Hey there, Tired of waiting, and feeling Frustrated with the Canada visa Paper route processing time?
The solution you need is right here. Online route is all you need to get going

Follow these easy steps:

1. Visit www.cic.gc.ca to register……Click on Apply online, you’ll get a prompt asking if you have applied before……Click NO……you get the next prompt asking “What are you applying for?”......Select STUDY PERMIT………you get another prompt asking “Have you used our online questionnaire to find out if you’re eligible to apply?”……your answer here should be NO since you’re applying for the first time, but if you’ve filled the questionnaire before then you can click YES.

2. After Clicking a NO to the Eligibilty Questionnaire question in step 1 then it takes you to an info Page……Just Click START……..Now that you’re on the getting started page…..Take your time to read the instructions……And then Click NEXT……Please fill in the Questionnaire correctly as these will be used to generate a Checklist code for you to upload your documents on your myCIC account.

3. After completely filling the Eligibility Questionnaire you will hit the “Review your answer page”……Please scan through to confirm your answers to the Questionnaire…….Then Click CONTINUE…………It will take you to a page were your CHECK LIST CODE is boldly written……the one I generated for mysef now is OX2980052333(plsssss this na my own code oooo,go generate your own biko).….Please copy your CODE or save that page or print that page……Just don’t misplace your own checklist code biko…..if you do, then you will have to fill another questionnaire all over again to generate another checklist code….. Please note that the checklist code you generated has expiry date(probably 2 months) so if you plan on generating the code make sure you use it before it expires else you would have to generate another.

4. Now that you have created your check list code the real application begins……you will have to re-iterate from Step 1 by visiting www.cic.gc.ca ….Click on Apply online, you get a prompt asking if you have applied before……Click NO……you get the next prompt asking “What are you applying for?”......Select STUDY PERMIT………you get another prompt asking “Have you used our online questionnaire to find out if you’re eligible to apply?” ……at the point click YES........It then ask you “Do you have a code that looks like this: QK4350881372?”……..Click YES…….Then it takes you to “Create myCIC account page”……Click START.........Now you’re at the page……Click GCKey Login…….since you do not have a Username and password yet then click REGISTER FOR A NEW GC-KEY........After you must have registered…..It takes you to terms and conditions page….Just click I ACCEPT……….

5. After clicking accept….it ask you if you already have a client ID which is also known as UCI number…..if you had previously applied to CDHC either through paper route or other route and you were given a UCI no please click YES…..but if you are just freshly applying to the Embassy then click NO…..Then it takes you to the Mycic Enrolment were you will fill your names, DOB, Country of birth, passport number……Then click CONTINUE…..Next is to create your security question …… click CONTINUE…….Then it ask for your email…..enter your email and click CONTINUE……. you get to your main cic page were you get to click APPLY ONLINE……….It ask you for the checklist code(remember the code we created at the beginning)…..

6. Enter your checklist code……..Now it takes you to the checklist questionnaire review page……Please note that you can still modify your questionnaire on the fly if you are not satisfied with some answers you provided…..all you need to do is click on MODIFY…….When you are done reviewing the page, click CONTINUE……Then it takes you to the part where you get to upload all you scanned documents……View the picture below to see what it looks like……

7. Please always click the question(?) attached to each upload section….example:- once you click the (?) attached to “Proof of Means of Financial Support” you will get these long lists
• your bank statements for the past four months
• a bank draft in convertible currency
• pay stubs
• an employment letter
• proof of assets or business
• proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
• tax reports, declarations or statements
• proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
• a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
• proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
• proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

All you need to do is look for the documents you are able to provide on this list and then Copy and Paste them into a Microsoft word after scanning…..Save the document as PDF format in other to get a lower size pdf document…..if at the end you shrinked to pdf and you still have a larger size pdf, then please download a pdf compressor www.pdfcompressor.org

This is just for a section of Upload…..there are other Upload section(check the pics) were you need to also shrink documents to lower size….Please do this right and make your documents as clear as possible after shrinking.

When you are done uploading all docx......It takes you to the Review page.....Click CONTINUE.......Now you're at the payment page....Please make use of Zenith or First bank master card.....It has been tested and trusted to work on CIC platform.

Now that your application has been completed....always watch out for any message in your cic account....usually they notify you via your email of any pending message in your CIC account so always check your email regularly

Please note that these steps also apply to Visiting Visa application.....Just follow the Instructions for Visiting Lobatan!!!

take your time to study this well….Its practical so do not be scared to read all…..once you get going with it on your PC/Laptop you would see how easy its.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
parisbluefox: @ rawlizo,what's St. John's like? Please I need to ask u something private. I'm heading to MUN also.

alright bro. send me a PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
chops33: @ all the Veterans iN the house..
What's really wrong in going for a second bachelor's Degree?
I just need clarity on this...thanks

Hey.

Nothing is wrong.

But put yourself in the shoes of someone whose job is to make sure he scrutinises someone's documents to determine if this person is going to be good and useful or a burden to his/her country, Canada.

A person going for a 2nd degree, there so many possibilities which I believe the V.O will consider:

A few in simple terms:

1. After spending 4 or 5 years pursuing a particular career, why a sudden change in career just for the program to be pursued in canada?

2. You already have a degree, why go for another one when you could as well just go for a masters or pg degree or even get a job?

3. I (The V.O) have seen cases of people applying for study permit, yet when they get to my country (Canada) they end up doing something else, become an illegal immigrant, thus becoming a liability?

If you get the gist, you will understand that a very good SOP can answer this questions, but the problem is how well?

So that's why people opt for the easier options.

I hope you get my point though am not a veteran.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
blink6: My chill pill dn finish o!

Hmm! And MUN aspirants come many... good thing.

God will surprise we hopefuls with good news this week in Jesus name...Amen.

We go celebrate with you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lol.

^^^^ Didn't realise it was going to be that long.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Omoh, I suppose ball 2 weeks to this time shaa. You?
Do come o. we waiting on you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chops33(m): 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
ElCapt: Lol.

^^^^ Didn't realise it was going to be that long.
Thanks for your reply..
Do u know of guys here who got their study permit with a second bachelor's degree?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
rawlizo:
Do come o. we waiting on you

Yes boss! cheesy You don turn bozz completely now. Enjoy your stay in Mapleland!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Yes boss! cheesy You don turn bozz completely now. Enjoy your stay in Mapleland!

lol. washing 101
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by parisbluefox: 7:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Bro I no longer have access to the email address that was used in signing up for NAIRALAND. Can u plz drop ur email here ? Or send it to bigstan4u@yahoo.com

rawlizo:

alright bro. send me a PM

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
chops33:
Thanks for your reply..
Do u know of guys here who got their study permit with a second bachelor's degree?

Uwc.

None that I know of.

Why aint you going for a PG or Masters?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BonHomme(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Jijola: Congrats, and you're right about the new law! The difference between pre-June 1 and post-June 1 applicants is just the application for work permit, otherwise called authorisation. For those that applied before June 1, they have to apply for authorisation, and then later for the SIN. For those that apply on or after June 1, they are automatically authorised once TRV is issued, so they only apply for the SIN when they land Canny. Peeps can read the law on the CIC website. What questions and/or documents did they ask you at the POE?

On point!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kunle2box(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
kunle2box:
Thanks @blink6, I am downloading the app now.
thanks bro, I have tried downloading the app but it always get terminated midway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.