Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610197 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cman4good: 10:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
@osorochi....... yes, graduate program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Holu26: 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello everyone,

Plz is there any one going to university of lethbridge or any other uni in alberta this fall or winter 2015?

Many thanks cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gentpeace: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
I already had a sponsor but in my personal account , do I still need to print 4 months statement because I just deposited the 3 million and don't have such money before ?
Slim del,missbon ,Amefrica and any other person.Pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hi my good people. My sponsor's passport expired in March. can I use it like that or wait for the new one to be ready. The expired one has enough travel history on it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
Holu26: Hello everyone,

Plz is there any one going to university of lethbridge or any other uni in alberta this fall or winter 2015?

Many thanks cool

Do you have questions? Ask away.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Holu26: 12:21am On Aug 08, 2014
aflyingbird:
Do you have questions? Ask away.

No question really.

Just want to know if my fellow country men are heading there just like me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 12:27am On Aug 08, 2014
gentpeace: I already had a sponsor but in my personal account , do I still need to print 4 months statement because I just deposited the 3 million and don't have such money before ?
Slim del,missbon ,Amefrica and any other person.Pls help

I would advice u leave the money in ur sponsor's account and use only his/her SOA

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2014
nkechima: Maybe i should start by saying

good evening all
Am new here, I have a question...... can someone in his/her mid 30's study in Canada with WAEC result?
this is an open question ooooh.... your 2cent will highly be appreciated oooo

Although the result goes with over seven years work experience as admin asst. computer studies cert and Occupational Health & Safety Cert "first a order" Also, I studied Mass Communication 2005 but the result is not good ooh (Pass) I refuse to collect it from the school because of the grade....... na Diploma Sha ooo

the school I applied to gave me the option of pre health because i do not meet the require mark (Biology B3, English C5, Maths C6, IELTS overall score 6.5) after the advice she then chipped this in

Please consider the visa facts as well as you age and level of study you are applying (Practical Nursing)do not match.

I want to apply for Diploma of Human Resources or Business Admin since I have years of experience in a similar role....... my plan is to get the study permit then change back to my program
[b]Maybe i should start by saying

good evening all
Am new here, I have a question...... can someone in his/her mid 30's study in Canada with WAEC result?

Although the result goes with over seven years work experience as admin asst. computer studies cert and Occupational Health & Safety Cert "first a order" Also, I studied Mass Communication 2005 but the result is not good ooh (Pass) I refuse to collect it from the school because of the grade....... na Diploma Sha ooo

the school I applied to gave me the option of pre health because i do not meet the require mark (Biology B3, English C5, Maths C6, IELTS overall score 6.5) after the advice she then chipped this in

Please consider the visa facts as well as you age and level of study you are applying (Practical Nursing)do not match.

I want to apply for Diploma of Human Resources or Business Admin since I have years of experience in a similar role....... my plan is to get the study permit then change back to my program
[/b]Maybe i should start by saying

good evening all

the school I applied to gave me the option of pre health because i do not meet the require mark. Here is my WAEC grade (Biology B3, English C5, Maths C6, IELTS overall score 6.5) after the advice she then chipped this in

Please consider the visa facts as well as you age and level of study you are applying (Practical Nursing)do not match. na this statement put confusion for my head.....
so now.....

There shld b colleges dat will accept ur WAEC n wit ur work experience give u admission n try n pick a related course wit ur work experince so u will be able to bak ur appliaction wit a good SOP..dnt let ur Age discourage u give it a trial.. Dats my 2cent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ifegy: 12:46am On Aug 08, 2014
nkechima: Maybe i should start by saying
good evening all

Well, like you said, it is an open ended question. It really all depends on how convincingly you can make your case. There are after all, many Canadians in their 30's, 40's, 50's and beyond who go back to college/university to start or complete their education. You have to be able to clearly explain why you want to do that, why the program of study and why in Canada.
You make it sound as if the 2005 Diploma is completely useless. Have you checked this with the schools of interest to see if any part of those studies could count towards anything at all? For one thing, the less course work you have to do, the less time and money you get to spend in school. For another, maybe it could help you get closer to your goals in some ways; who knows.
The other thing to bear in mind is that it sounds as if you are setting yourself up for a long haul through school: do the HR diploma, work, then go back and do what you really want. That will take a lot of time, money (note: school is expensive for everyone here, foreign and Canadian) and motivation. I don't know how much research you've done, but is there no other, more direct route to get what you want? All the best, whatever you decide to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 08, 2014
Hello, Good day....I am new member here and I reali need your help. I just got admission for my masters program in canada..the deal nau is I am onto my visa processing my uncle whom promised to act like my sponsor has failed me, even tho he is nt paying my fees. My dad is taking care of my bill(Tuition and all)...buh we cldnt use his account because it is only his pension of 250k that comes in every month into the account and we withdraw it immediately it comes in. we have properties. Buh my problem nau is that I don't knw if the account is useable...Note* I ve paid 800k of my tuition..my problem nau Is if the acct is useable help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 2:11am On Aug 08, 2014
Hello House...Plz is anybody in the house heading to centennial college or Toronto this fall embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kcluv2men(m): 2:55am On Aug 08, 2014
tayodeji32: Hello, Good day....I am new member here and I reali need your help. I just got admission for my masters program in canada..the deal nau is I am onto my visa processing my uncle whom promised to act like my sponsor has failed me, even tho he is nt paying my fees. My dad is taking care of my bill(Tuition and all)...buh we cldnt use his account because it is only his pension of 250k that comes in every month into the account and we withdraw it immediately it comes in. we have properties. Buh my problem nau is that I don't knw if the account is useable...Note* I ve paid 800k of my tuition..my problem nau Is if the acct is useable help!

Which of the accounts? If its the one with 250k, I'm afraid that's too small. Not even enough to cover for your yearly expenses which should be at least $10,000. The VO won't let you pass on this one. Considering that the cash flow isn't much again. I don't think you stand a chance with account bro. Try and get another sponsor or better still talk to your Uncle just to his account and necessary documents where applicable. Hope this helps...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 08, 2014
ScGuy:

There shld b colleges dat will accept ur WAEC n wit ur work experience give u admission n try n pick a related course wit ur work experince so u will be able to bak ur appliaction wit a good SOP..dnt let ur Age discourage u give it a trial.. Dats my 2cent

thank you.....HR and Biz admin is somehow related to my work exp.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 08, 2014
ifegy:

Well, like you said, it is an open ended question. It really all depends on how convincingly you can make your case. There are after all, many Canadians in their 30's, 40's, 50's and beyond who go back to college/university to start or complete their education. You have to be able to clearly explain why you want to do that, why the program of study and why in Canada.
You make it sound as if the 2005 Diploma is completely useless. Have you checked this with the schools of interest to see if any part of those studies could count towards anything at all? For one thing, the less course work you have to do, the less time and money you get to spend in school. For another, maybe it could help you get closer to your goals in some ways; who knows.
The other thing to bear in mind is that it sounds as if you are setting yourself up for a long haul through school: do the HR diploma, work, then go back and do what you really want. That will take a lot of time, money (note: school is expensive for everyone here, foreign and Canadian) and motivation. I don't know how much research you've done, but is there no other, more direct route to get what you want? All the best, whatever you decide to do.

thank you for the advice but I do not understand the last sentence......... l do not know how much research you've done, but is there no other more direct route to get wat U want?....... pls which other route do you suggest

thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gentpeace: 5:52am On Aug 08, 2014
ScGuy:

I would advice u leave the money in ur sponsor's account and use only his/her SOA
I will still print my sponsors account statement, am talking of printing mine to augment it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 08, 2014
nkechima:

thank you.....HR and Biz admin is somehow related to my work exp.

Whats your work exp exactly in?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 7:17am On Aug 08, 2014
nkechima:

thank you for the advice but I do not understand the last sentence......... l do not know how much research you've done, but is there no other more direct route to get wat U want?....... pls which other route do you suggest

thank you

Sorry am replyin late,av bn busy.

As par gaining admission,yes Some univ n colleges av some courses whose entry requirement for old student is experience not certificates (Chek MUN or Brandon as example and also chek websites of som oda schs) this part dey easy. Have seen clauses related to dis on some schs website.

The hard part is convincing d VO say no be say u wan 'Ben Johnson' (Run away) from Nija. So on dis note u av alot of work to do in convincing the VO.

And as par wat d first contributor said, i tink he is talkin abt oda means of entering canada i.e FSW,asylum n all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2014
tayodeji32: Hello, Good day....I am new member here and I reali need your help. I just got admission for my masters program in canada..the deal nau is I am onto my visa processing my uncle whom promised to act like my sponsor has failed me, even tho he is nt paying my fees. My dad is taking care of my bill(Tuition and all)...buh we cldnt use his account because it is only his pension of 250k that comes in every month into the account and we withdraw it immediately it comes in. we have properties. Buh my problem nau is that I don't knw if the account is useable...Note* I ve paid 800k of my tuition..my problem nau Is if the acct is useable help!

Sorry but u av to get anoda sponsor, talk to pple arund u,u believe have money n can stand for u (Afterall dey arent givin u any money)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 7:24am On Aug 08, 2014
clairefran:

Thanks,

Her first degree is not even related.It is B.A. Yoruba oooo.

Hahahahahhahahahaahaha o boy dats tight o

Maybe she sudnt mention her BA in her apps n just claim she has bn working since she finished secondary sch,n she sud get docs to prove it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by olamonsor2: 8:36am On Aug 08, 2014
House pls help, Is it compulsory i pay for my tuition fees of my master program before i apply for my visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by famolino(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2014
mostoyous: Hi, I am currently an humber student, is there any Male Nigerian now in Toronto but will be schooling at humber lakeshore and needs an apartment these fall 2014, please mail me toyoluv98@yahoo.com, there is a place available u might be the lucky one because rooms in lakeshore are expensive and cheap ones are scarce, you will be sharing the master bedroom with another Male Nigerian who is in 2nd semester. It's a good location at the campus area.And safe trip to all international student smiley
I got admission for winter (January 2015) lakeshore. Can u still help wit accomodation? I'm about to apply for visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 8:56am On Aug 08, 2014
olamonsor2: House pls help, Is it compulsory i pay for my tuition fees of my master program before i apply for my visa?
It is not compulsory...

Unless your skool states so, if not,it isn't as it doesn't Guarantee u d study permit.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 8:59am On Aug 08, 2014
marksum: Hello House...Plz is anybody in the house heading to centennial college or Toronto this fall embarassed

sup, pm'ed u already!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by iseethegoal: 9:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Please is there anyone that applied in early July and has gotten a response? I was refused, but I refired on July 7, but nothing yet from CIC. Pretty worried now as I need to know what next and if need be defer the admission since school will be resuming soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akanni(m): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2014
iseethegoal: Please is there anyone that applied in early July and has gotten a response? I was refused, but I refired on July 7, but nothing yet from CIC. Pretty worried now as I need to know what next and if need be defer the admission since school will be resuming soon.
pally,hold on a bit, you still have time now, i am sure you will hear from them before monday definitely.I guess you went through the online route?
the earliest you have to be in school would probably be September 1st.Wait till a few days to that to advise your school if you need to defer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by olamonsor2: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2014
blink6:
It is not compulsory...

Unless your skool states so, if not,it isn't as it doesn't Guarantee u d study permit.

Thank you sir, If I have any more question, I will let you know. I am helping my brother. http://laurentian.ca/ gave him admission for his master program ni. gather document ni o.. Wen i am tru. i will let u know wat good. Thanks again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 08, 2014
dondondee1: ok bro thanks. please can you give me a list of documents to submit let me try my luck.

Bro, don't just try your luck. Each applicant's case is different - read this thread very well. I might give u a list for an "employee" while your sponsor might be a "businessman".

All you need is on this part/thread!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by iseethegoal: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2014
akanni:
pally,hold on a bit, you still have time now, i am sure you will hear from them before monday definitely.I guess you went through the online route?
the earliest you have to be in school would probably be September 1st.Wait till a few days to that to advise your school if you need to defer.

Thanks bro. Yes I went through the online route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 10:05am On Aug 08, 2014
gentpeace:
I will still print my sponsors account statement, am talking of printing mine to augment it

Yea u can add urs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2014
codebreaker:
Whats your work exp exactly in?

Front Desk/Admin asst. although i was promoted sometime in 2007 from a from desk position to Sectary but present i work as admin asst/front desk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2014
emperoracro:
Sorry am replyin late,av bn busy.

As par gaining admission,yes Some univ n colleges av some courses whose entry requirement for old student is experience not certificates (Chek MUN or Brandon as example and also chek websites of som oda schs) this part dey easy. Have seen clauses related to dis on some schs website.

The hard part is convincing d VO say no be say u wan 'Ben Johnson' (Run away) from Nija. So on dis note u av alot of work to do in convincing the VO

Na my plan be that ooh (run away)....... convincing the VO hhhmmmm, is my marriage and kid not enough to convince the VO

And as par wat d first contributor said, i tink he is talkin abt oda means of entering canada i.e FSW,asylum n all

Thank you grin i wish U can see the way i dey laugh for here...........what is FSW at least i sabi asylum.............. tell me more ooh my ears are wide open.........

Is it okay if i go for a post secondary school program....eg....2 year HR

My plan na to Ben Johnson ooh.convincing the VO hhhhmmmmm is my marriage and children not strong enough to convince the VO?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akanni(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2014
nkechima:

Thank you grin i wish U can see the way i dey laugh for here...........what is FSW at least i sabi asylum.............. tell me more ooh my ears are wide open.........

Is it okay if i go for a post secondary school program....eg....2 year HR

My plan na to Ben Johnson ooh.convincing the VO hhhhmmmmm is my marriage and children not strong enough to convince the VO?

FSW-Federal skilled worker program, you can read that up on cic.gc.ca.
i think you can go for a post secondary school program and like someone mentioned,your SOP, statement of purpose, should be able to convince the VO with prayers.
yea, with your husband and kids left back, should be ok, have enough funds, leave the rest to God.Even if you get denied at first, you will know the reasons for the denial and you can refire,worst case scenario.Nothing ventured, nothing gained my sister.

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.