Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Should Men Get Paternity Leave? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Get Paternity Leave? (4459 Views)

Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? / 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by uboma(m): 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
ileobatojo:

And who is this one that can't read? Please don't quote me if you're not clever enough to understand my post please. I get highly irritated by stupidity.

And it is you who can read, right? SMH!!! Read thru the words you highlighted of Brown's post and tell me once more that it is you who is stupid enough for not understanding what he posted.
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by uboma(m): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
homesteady:

So all polygamous men are irresponsible? undecided

Will you recommend paternity leave for a polygamous man?
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
uboma:

Will you recommend paternity leave for a polygamous man?

They will be on paternity leave 365 days a year grin
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by uboma(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
StateOfMind:

As at the time he posted..chinwem = many women.. cheesy...these hyperactive men sha. cheesy

Anyway, I think they also deserve it because it is quite stressful staying up all night with the mother and child and then going to work the following morning. But I think it shouldn't exceed 2wEeks if one of the grandmas and\or any other help is around.

If a man is granted paternity leave at work and all he does at home is to play games, read news papers and drive round the neighboorhood, he should be flogged back to work, no point adding to the poor woman's stress.

Thank you for pointing out what ileobatojo missed in Brown's post.
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by uboma(m): 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
carefreewannabe:

They will be on paternity leave 365 days a year grin

Exactly my point. Lol
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by StateOfMind: 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
uboma:

Thank you for pointing out what ileobatojo missed in Brown's post.

Hahaha, even after spelling it out, I mean making her point more obvious, its funny you still don't get it.
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
StateOfMind:

Hahaha, even after spelling it out, I mean making her point more obvious, its funny you still don't get it.

Lol! Isn't it something?
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by here: 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
You can never know what it means to be a male same way you can never know what it means to be a female if you're not.
I am a father and a worker.A firm believer that I am supposed to be there always for my family.Whoever comes here to say "they dont knw if we need the leave" needs help and dont understand anything about family life.Ordinary malaria and an husband is admitted affects a responsible wife and to think that the man is having fun and its not affected from pregnancy to delivery is a joke.

This is the truth about how I think from 1975 most female children tend to think the world is out to punish them and deserve pity.They haved never stopped to think that maybe the males want to but were taught to be "men".
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by Kanwulia: 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
uboma:

Does your husband do exactly what you described above? Mind you, not all men are that. We have responsible men and fathers...

Actually my husband does ALL OF THAT AND MORE!
But guess what? HE IS MINE!!!! cool I LOVE HIM JUST LIKE THAT! kiss Irresponsible or NOT! kiss I DON'T WANT YOU OR YOUR BORING 'RESPONSIBLE' KIND! kiss

In case you failed to notice. . . that post you quoted has 5 'LIKES'!
How many does yours have?
ZERO! wink

Meaning that at least. . . .5 people agree with my post OR FIND IT 'SOMEWHAT' funny! wink

Bottom line? . . .LIFE IS NEVER A COMPETITION ON OR OFFLINE. . . and opinions are like 'azzzeholes'!
YOU LEARN TO LOVE YOURS! EVEN WHEN IT STINKS! kiss

Cha
Cha
Cha
CIAO! kiss
Re: Should Men Get Paternity Leave? by tablu: 10:13am On Nov 15, 2015
Paternity leave had been approved into the Nigerian civil service rules...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Makes A Good Marriage Work / Happy Fathers Day To All Fathers On NL / Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.