Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber (5258 Views)

Lagos State Guber Election Part 2: Agbaje Or Ambode: Vote Now! / I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by nansunn: 1:38am On Oct 13, 2013
BREAKING NEWS
INEC TO DISQUALIFY WILLI OBIANO FROM ANAMBRA STATE GUBER ELECTION FOR DOUBLE REGISTRATION

The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA)’s office in Awka has been thrown into turmoil today as news filtered into the state that their Governorship candidate in the forth-coming Guber election in the state faces disqualificaton as a result of the doubble voters registration in the possession of Willi Obiano

It was discovered few days ago that Willi Obiano procured INEC voters card in Lagos sometime ago and also went ahead to procure another voters card at his home town Aguleri to enable him vote in Anambra state in the forth-coming Guber election in the state thereby registering twice with INEC

The normal Standard Operating Procedure would have been that an indigen of Anambra State that registered outside the state to transfer his/her INEC voters registeration to Anambra state through INEC to enable such a person to vote.But Willi Obiano opted out to secretly register twice instead of transfering his voters card to the state thereby commiting an Electoral offense punishable by law.The Nigerian Electoral Act stipulates that A PERSON WHO IS IN POSSESSION OF MORE THAN ONE VALID VOTERS CARD IF COUGHT IS LIABLE ON CONVICTION TO A MAXIMUM FINE OF 100,000 NAIRA OR 12 MONTHS IMPRISONMENT OR BOTH

If investigated,Mr Willi Obiano will be arrested for electoral fraud and disqualified from contesting the guber election in Anambra State

But in a smart move to hide this fraud,Anambra State Government and some APGA stalwarts pressurised one Prof Onukogu,a Resident Electoral Commissioner to delete the lagos voters card from INEC’s server to cover-up the fraud.While Prof Onukogu was hesistant,the State Govt placed a call to Mr Chidi,the head of the ICT Dept of INEC in Anambra State to delete Willi Obianos name from the Aguleri register

As at the time of writing this report,APGA chieftains are still running around looking for a way to either cover this fraud or delete either the Lagos voters card or the Aguleri Voters Card from INEC Computerised register

As this scene unfolds,the whole world is watching INEC and Prof Jega to see if the INEC boss will allow his commission to cover this fraud or tow the path of Justice to ensure that WIlLLI OBIANO IS DISQUALIFIED FOR ELECTORAL FRAUD AND RECOMMENDED FOR ARREST

Dr Nnamdi Umeasiegbu
HUMAN RIGHTS AND ELECTORAL WATCH
AWKA
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Psylas(m): 1:43am On Oct 13, 2013
Wey ur link?
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by donphilopus: 1:46am On Oct 13, 2013
No Souce?
Anyways even if he's not disqualified, Chris Ngige would still win

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by seanet02: 1:46am On Oct 13, 2013
Obiano in trouble
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Katsumoto: 1:57am On Oct 13, 2013
To avoid any unnecessary controversy, its better they let him contest.
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by mekaboy(m): 1:58am On Oct 13, 2013
If he is disqualified then it means things are working in Ngiges favor. The only smart move for APGA will be to bring back soludo.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 13, 2013
mekaboy: If he is disqualified then it means things are working in Ngiges favor. The only smart move for APGA will be to bring back soludo.

Too late for substitution.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by mekaboy(m): 2:01am On Oct 13, 2013
Katsumoto: To avoid any unnecessary controversy, its better they let him contest.

If APGA could disqualify soludo because he has an open file with EFCC, how much more INEC? If electoral fraud like this is overlooked, how can the voters be sure of transparency in the election?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Katsumoto: 2:04am On Oct 13, 2013
mekaboy:

If APGA could disqualify soludo because he has an open file with EFCC, how much more INEC? If electoral fraud like this is overlooked, how can the voters be sure of transparency in the election?

I agree with you but we know what is likely to follow - Obiano goes to court and in another two years time, the court of appeal cancels the election on whatever basis and calls for another election. If this happens, the governor will most likely be distracted until the conclusion of the case. Who suffers - the people of Anambra.
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by seanet02: 2:18am On Oct 13, 2013
Katsumoto: To avoid any unnecessary controversy, its better they let him contest.
Not possible.
Except the allegation is not true, he must be jailed

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Opiosko: 2:29am On Oct 13, 2013
nansunn: BREAKING NEWS
INEC TO DISQUALIFY WILLI OBIANO FROM ANAMBRA STATE GUBER ELECTION FOR DOUBLE REGISTRATION

The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA)’s office in Awka has been thrown into turmoil today as news filtered into the state that their Governorship candidate in the forth-coming Guber election in the state faces disqualificaton as a result of the doubble voters registration in the possession of Willi Obiano

It was discovered few days ago that Willi Obiano procured INEC voters card in Lagos sometime ago and also went ahead to procure another voters card at his home town Aguleri to enable him vote in Anambra state in the forth-coming Guber election in the state thereby registering twice with INEC

The normal Standard Operating Procedure would have been that an indigen of Anambra State that registered outside the state to transfer his/her INEC voters registeration to Anambra state through INEC to enable such a person to vote.But Willi Obiano opted out to secretly register twice instead of transfering his voters card to the state thereby commiting an Electoral offense punishable by law.The Nigerian Electoral Act stipulates that A PERSON WHO IS IN POSSESSION OF MORE THAN ONE VALID VOTERS CARD IF COUGHT IS LIABLE ON CONVICTION TO A MAXIMUM FINE OF 100,000 NAIRA OR 12 MONTHS IMPRISONMENT OR BOTH

If investigated,Mr Willi Obiano will be arrested for electoral fraud and disqualified from contesting the guber election in Anambra State

But in a smart move to hide this fraud,Anambra State Government and some APGA stalwarts pressurised one Prof Onukogu,a Resident Electoral Commissioner to delete the lagos voters card from INEC’s server to cover-up the fraud.While Prof Onukogu was hesistant,the State Govt placed a call to Mr Chidi,the head of the ICT Dept of INEC in Anambra State to delete Willi Obianos name from the Aguleri register

As at the time of writing this report,APGA chieftains are still running around looking for a way to either cover this fraud or delete either the Lagos voters card or the Aguleri Voters Card from INEC Computerised register

As this scene unfolds,the whole world is watching INEC and Prof Jega to see if the INEC boss will allow his commission to cover this fraud or tow the path of Justice to ensure that WIlLLI OBIANO IS DISQUALIFIED FOR ELECTORAL FRAUD AND RECOMMENDED FOR ARREST

Dr Nnamdi Umeasiegbu
AWKA
So they told you their secrets? grin wow!, man you are something. grin

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by mekaboy(m): 2:30am On Oct 13, 2013
seanet02:
Not possible.
Except the allegation is not true, he must be jailed

You dey make me laugh, na 100k offense. He fit pay am.
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by dayokanu(m): 2:32am On Oct 13, 2013
Lets have the source

If this is true, then Peter Adaobi is in soup
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Goddex: 2:35am On Oct 13, 2013
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies
Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 13, 2013
This is a big lie, and a propaganda to cause distraction..

Anyway we still stand by our own #Ngige

1 Like

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by nduchucks: 2:49am On Oct 13, 2013
Tunde!!!! Barka Da Zuwa cheesy
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by IGBOSON1: 3:00am On Oct 13, 2013
mekaboy: If he is disqualified then it means things are working in Ngiges favor. The only smart move for APGA will be to bring back soludo.

^^^Will Obis' pride let him?......to go and beg Soludo at this 11th hour to come and contest under the apuga flag.

If i were Soludo, i'd tell him where to stick his offer!
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Nobody: 3:10am On Oct 13, 2013
And so, how exactly is that a breaking news undecided After a careful assessment of Anambra governors since 1999 till now, I wish Anambra allocation will be shared among families every month. If you like, do your front road, if you don't like, buy yourself a caterpillar.simple undecided
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Onlytruth(m): 3:15am On Oct 13, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Will Obis' pride let him?......to go and beg Soludo at this 11th hour to come and contest under the apuga flag.

If i were Soludo, i'd tell him where to stick his offer!

cheesy cheesy

I honestly hope that somehow Soludo will still contest this election under APGA.
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:04am On Oct 13, 2013
Laughing at dreamers and comedians....We got the game in the bag.
And why would an Anambra icon go and beg Soludo ? I swear you people underate Obi so much. You are ignorant of the kind of power and influence Obi wields in Nigeria. Soludo look up to Obi and not the other way round. I dare Soludo to speak ill of Obi. Soludo adores Obi and so is Obaze. Obi Achebe holds him in high esteem and so is Okpoko n' Oba,Igwe Iweka,Emeka Anyaoku,Chinua Achebe,Otoko n' Eze Achala,the Aguleri dynasty,Ekwueme and all the Omanbala wise men. Obi is the most powerful politician in the East of the niger. Forget Amechi,he is just a noise maker. No body has the power to stop Obiano but himself.

Like I said,the game is in the bag.
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Onlytruth:

cheesy cheesy

I honestly hope that somehow Soludo will still contest this election under APGA.

Soludo should go and sort himself out before anything. We don't want people with baggage. And by the way,Obaze will always be ahead of Soludo in Apga. Soludo should forget about Anambra,he will never get to the Ziks house.
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Onlytruth(m): 5:25am On Oct 13, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Laughing at dreamers and comedians....We got the game in the bag.
And why would an Anambra icon go and beg Soludo ? I swear you people underate Obi so much. You are ignorant of the kind of power and influence Obi wields in Nigeria. Soludo look up to Obi and not the other way round. I dare Soludo to speak ill of Obi. Soludo adores Obi and so is Obaze. Obi Achebe holds him in high esteem and so is Okpoko n' Oba,Igwe Iweka,Emeka Anyaoku,Chinua Achebe,Otoko n' Eze Achala,the Aguleri dynasty,Ekwueme and all the Omanbala wise men. Obi is the most powerful politician in the East of the niger. Forget Amechi,he is just a noise maker. No body has the power to stop Obiano but himself.

NRI PRIEST:

Soludo should go and sort himself out before anything. We don't want people with baggage. And by the way,Obaze will always be ahead of Soludo in Apga. Soludo should forget about Anambra,he will never get to the Ziks house.

Odenigbo nwanne you talk as if Obiano is a saint. Even Peter Obi is glaringly very corrupt. The problem in Nigeria is that once anyone is close to the President of Nigeria, his sins are overlooked, that is until that president leaves office, or other things knock them out of stance.
You talk about Peter Obi as if it is not the same Peter Obi that could not claim his mandate until the courts saved him. The same Peter Obi that could not win a second term in office until Ikemba intervened and pleaded with umu Anambra to vote for him. Now suddenly he has become a god?! cheesy shocked cheesy cheesy
Nwanne biko jiri nwayo. lol
All it takes to demystify Obi is Obiano losing the forthcoming elections, which is very possible in Anambra state.
For your information, I have an INSIDER's interest in supporting Obiano, but my belief in Igbo republicanism trumps any selfish interest I may have in Obiano's victory.

Ndigbo are greater than ANY individual. cool
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by EzePromoe: 6:34am On Oct 13, 2013
Soludo is the solution.
Willie Obiano is not qualified
Ngige is a learner
Ifeanyi Ubah a fraudster angry
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by kunle4toyeyaho: 7:48am On Oct 13, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Laughing at dreamers and comedians....We got the game in the bag.

If really obiano is guilty of the offence,he should be disqualified and tried in court.As for peter obi,what type of power does he wield ? Is it because he remains the most frequent governor to aso-rock or because of his ardent support for GEJ? Let me tell u, nobody shortchanges igbos like peter obi,if igbo presidency is not realised in the nearest future,blame him.He is a governor who still believes and promotes tribal party,even after the hausas and the yorubas have jettisoned their regional parties.I wonder why he is following Gej all around,knowing fully well igbos are also interested in presidency.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by gratiaeo(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2013
nansunn: BREAKING NEWS

Dr Nnamdi Umeasiegbu
AWKA
This is poo.
Ngige and his co propagandis should concentrate on telling Anambarians what they will do for them to see if they can get up to 1000 vote come Nov 16 than peddling rumors and falsehood
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by PointB: 9:08am On Oct 13, 2013
If indeed this news is true, APGA should move swiftly to replace him.
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Pukkah: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2013
The enemies of Obi will utilize this gaffe to the maximum. Some other people who ordinarily should be with APGA may not show sympathy because of how Obi has handled APGA/guber issues. Whether Obiano is replaced or not, APGA will have issues except this allegation is not true.

Had Soludo joined another party and remained a guber candidate, he would have been the greatest beneficiary of this APGA's candidate's misfortune.

With Soludo out of the way and APGA in disarray, Ngige may well be on his way to the government house. The storm in the house of APGA may lift up Ngige; the man that has gone from one problem to the other in his guber campaigns.

If this happens (the loss of Anambra by APGA), it may be nunc dimitis for long-factionalized APGA as a political party. This will also teach Peter Obi a lesson.
Re: Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2013
I will pray at Mass today for this news to be true

Deleting INEC's record in Lagos will not work if this news is true bcause Fashola's APC has an interest in Anambra elections

May God help for this to be true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 yr old German girl raped by Muslim Arab migrant. / VIDEO: Put Back Bight Of Biafra On The Map: Senator Ben Bruce / What The Constituency Of Bukola Saraki Looks Like (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.