Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,833 members, 7,956,153 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church (1149 Views)

My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Factors That Can Lead To Sexual Impurity / Have You Try The Name Jesus Before Deciding To Give Up And Surrender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Gombs(m): 4:28am On Oct 13, 2013
In our efforts to retain a high percentage of new
converts and first timers that come to our churches
weekly, it is important we understand their thinking.

As
Apostle Paul declared, 'I am made all things to all men,
that I might by all means save some' its imperative that
we come up with workable models in retaining the souls
God adds to us daily. This poll is an inquiry to come up
with such models

1. The Content and Power of the Word preached in the
church

2. The warmth, care and demonstration of Love in the
church

3. The regular occurrence of healing, miracles, signs and wonders in the church

4. The quality of musical worship and ministrations

5. The beauty, cleanliness of the Church building and
facilities

6. The presence of people in same age group, social
status and language affinity in the church

7. The service time and duration of the Church services

8. The proximity of the Church to their residence

9. Others (please specify)

What are your thoughts? What made you join & remain in your current Church?

Cheers!

NB
Short and precise answers would be very much appreciated. And pls don't derail d thread! Thank you in anticipation, and don't forget to attend church service today.

2 Likes

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Goshen360(m): 4:43am On Oct 13, 2013
I'm sorry, only #1 & 2 or perphap with #3 matter most to the early church. The rest in the list are business methods adopted from the world.

1 Like

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by faboloustic(m): 5:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Goshen360: I'm sorry, only #1 & 2 or perphap with #3 matter most to the early church. The rest in the list are business methods adopted from the world.
that's right and also availability of fine girls.

1 Like

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Gombs(m): 5:12am On Oct 13, 2013
Goshen360: I'm sorry, only #1 & 2 or perphap with #3 matter most to the early church. The rest in the list are business methods adopted from the world.

Y must you always attack the messenger instead of the message? If it were Candour or Kunle or Christembassey your reply would have definitely be utterly different

Is your church an 'early church'?

how is 4,5,6,7 and 8 " 'business' method adopted from the world"? Esp with regards to service time (no7), proximity to church (no8 )

Plz, as much as you can, try not to make this a tithe discussion thread. Don't derail plz
. BTW you were supposed to choose one option and not 3 and that option you choose should be the answer to why you joined your current church. Or choose an option, in ur view
, of what make folks join and remain in a church and later outline why you joined your current church.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Gombs(m): 5:30am On Oct 13, 2013
faboloustic: that's right and also availability of fine girls.

grin
That's under option 9? But is that why you are in your current church as the latter question of the OP inquired?
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by engrtee(f): 6:47am On Oct 13, 2013
Miracles,miracles,miracles
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by rezzy: 7:03am On Oct 13, 2013
I joined the church because its directly opposite my house
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 13, 2013
This is where pentecostalism has failed!! Turning a religion into business!! You should preach the undiluted word of God to people irrespective of whoose ox is gored.You do not seek to please certain categories. Of people just to keep them in your church.

That's why I am ever proud of my church(catholic) we are the same everywhere.if you do not like us the way we are JGTFU!! We do not ponder to public sentiments!!

The only two useful points you raised there are just 1 and 2.The rest are just balderdash.You do not join or remain in the church because of miracles!! Some people perform miracles(eg rev King) but their teachings contradict the gospel
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Gombs(m): 7:14am On Oct 13, 2013
rezzy: I joined the church because its directly opposite my house

I observed same too with much folks...proximity to church. But I think it gets complicated when you have more than 3churches in that area. Hence other factors to join one of the three churches come in.

Happy sunday!
*smiles
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by LambanoPeace: 7:22am On Oct 13, 2013
chukwudi44: [s] This is where pentecostalism has failed!! Turning a religion into business!! You should preach the undiluted word of God to people irrespective of whoose ox is gored.You do not seek to please certain categories. Of people just to keep them in your church.

That's why I am ever proud of my church(catholic) we are the same everywhere.if you do not like us the way we are JGTFU!! We do not ponder to public sentiments!!

The only two useful points you raised there are just 1 and 2.The rest are just balderdash.You do not join or remain in the church because of miracles!! Some people perform miracles(eg rev King) but their teachings contradict the gospel[/s]

Instead of you to just write what made you join your church (Catholic)? Why are people this difficult?

BTW I joined because of the love they showed, that paved way for me to get the gospel of Christ. I dnt think I'd have gotten the msg without the love they first showed

2 Likes

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Gombs(m): 7:32am On Oct 13, 2013
LambanoPeace:

Instead of you to just write what made you join your church (Catholic)? Why are people this difficult?

BTW I joined because of the love they showed, that paved way for me to get the gospel of Christ. I dnt think I'd have gotten the msg without the love they first showed

I tire o!

He said they should preach the undiluted word of God, how then do you preach that if you don't bring them in AND retain them?

He said we shouldn't please some people. We have to please the brethren that come in, but NOT outside the Word of God. That's why Paul said
I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some'

To a carpenter he was a carpenter, to the gentile he was a gentile and so many other examples...he became what they were (not that he started carpentry or lifestyle of gentiles- he pleased them within the Word) just so that he could win them to Christ.

Thanks LambanoPeace for the Bold sentence above.
*make I enter church abeg
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Oyinprince(m): 9:26am On Oct 13, 2013
4 me, me i join my church afta dem don ff me up tire, but i stayed because i was taught the word of God. Btw, i no Knw where CE dey 4 ilorin o

1 Like

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by italo: 11:27am On Oct 13, 2013
Why do I remain Catholic?

Because it is the ONE Church founded by Jesus.

All other places/communities were founded by men.
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Gombs(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2013
italo: Why do I remain Catholic?

grin
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
italo: Why do I remain Catholic?

Catholic is universal.You mean roman catholic grin
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by italo: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bidam: Catholic is universal.You mean roman catholic grin

How do you know what you are talking about. I thought you only believed what is in the Bible. Where does the Bible explain to you the meaning of "Catholic" and "Roman Catholic?"
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by woky: 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
italo:

How do you know what you are talking about. I thought you only believed what is in the Bible. Where does the Bible explain to you the meaning of "Catholic" and "Roman Catholic?"
lol.. Mak i see wetin he go reply
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by woky: 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
rezzy: I joined the church because its directly opposite my house
so dat u no go waste moni for tp huh!
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by italo: 4:05am On Oct 14, 2013
woky: lol.. Mak i see wetin he go reply

If him reply no be from Bible, we no go gree...lol.
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by woky: 9:56am On Oct 14, 2013
italo:

If him reply no be from Bible, we no go gree...lol.
lol.. Lawyer go take styl fit u o, if @all u ar nt one
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by italo: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2013
woky: lol.. Lawyer go take styl fit u o, if @all u ar nt one

Lol...I'm not a lawyer.
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by shumax: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2013
There is nothing like roman catholic the prefix Roman before catholic is a protestant invention, in all the documents of the church the term Roman Catholic is used only to refer to the diocese of Rome or to emphasize sometimes the Popes Jurisdiction, There is only one catholic church and it has Rome has its headquarters and the Pope has her Physical head on earth
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 14, 2013
shumax: There is nothing like roman catholic the prefix Roman before catholic is a protestant invention, in all the documents of the church the term Roman Catholic is used only to refer to the diocese of Rome or to emphasize sometimes the Popes Jurisdiction, There is only one catholic church and it has Rome has its headquarters and the Pope has her Physical head on earth
And where is it written in your bible that the pope should be the physical head of the church on earth Is there something called pope in your bible

1 Like

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by italo: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: And where is it written in your bible that the pope should be the physical head of the church on earth Is there something called pope in your bible

Aha! My friend has suddenly remembered the Bible.

Though he forgot it when he was trying to define what is Catholic and Roman Catholic.

Is there something called Bible in your Bible?

Where then is it written that only things written in the Bible are valid in the Christianity?

Where did Jesus even tell anyone to make a book. Wasnt it the Catholic Church under the Pope that gave us the Bible?
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 14, 2013
italo:

Aha! My friend has suddenly remembered the Bible.

Though he forgot it when he was trying to define what is Catholic and Roman Catholic.

Is there something called Bible in your Bible?

Where then is it written that only things written in the Bible are valid in the Christianity?

Can you answer the question without asking questions?
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by italo: 10:59am On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Can you answer the question without asking questions?

"The pope is the Physical head of the Church" is written between where "Catholic is universal" and where "the Bible is the word of God" is written.

Where did you find the other two phrases?
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by lacum: 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Can you answer the question without asking questions?
abeg, my guy bidam, i c u dont know what to say again. lol
i joined the catholic church because i was born into it and i remained there because am convinced its the true church founded by christ which can only teach me the complete truth.
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Gombs(m): 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
lacum:
i joined the catholic church because i was born into it and i remained there because am convinced its the true church founded by christ which can only teach me the complete truth.

What proof(s) do you have that "it is the 'true' church founded by Christ"?

Did the bible say Jesus 'founded' any church?

And dnt tell me Peter was the first POPE! Who fed folks that lie? Jesus said, on the truth Peter spoke he'd build his church, go and study on what Peter spoke.

Anyways, we are not discussing that, you made your point on y you are in THE ROMAN catholic church, its because you were born into it.

And yeah, tis the Roman catholic church(church of Rome), just as the Anglican church is the Church of England

I'm in no way criticizing any church. I can't do that

Cheers
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
lacum:
I don't want to derail what the thread was meant for..I know italo when we start he won't want to stop. Me and him get plenty unfinished gist for other threads grin

I just want to let sleeping dogs lie. cheesy
Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by italo: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: I don't want to derail what the thread was meant for..I know italo when we start he won't want to stop. Me and him get plenty unfinished gist for other threads grin

I just want to let sleeping dogs lie. cheesy

Me and you no get unfinished gist o. Just answer simple question wey I ask you if you can. If you cant, fine.

Afterall, it was you who tried to derail by teaching us about the Catholic Church only to withdraw when the thing hook you for throat.

1 Like

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by italo: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
Gombs:

What proof(s) do you have that "it is the 'true' church founded by Christ"?

Did the bible say Jesus 'founded' any church?

And dnt tell me Peter was the first POPE! Who fed folks that lie? Jesus said, on the truth Peter spoke he'd build his church, go and study on what Peter spoke.

Anyways, we are not discussing that, you made your point on y you are in THE ROMAN catholic church, its because you were born into it.

And yeah, tis the Roman catholic church(church of Rome), just as the Anglican church is the Church of England

I'm in no way criticizing any church. I can't do that

Cheers

Maybe you had better stay on topic before we begin asking you questions that might embarrass you.

Learn from Bidam.

1 Like

Re: Factors Pple Consider The Most In Deciding To Join & Remain In A Church by Gombs(m): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
^^
I don't have time to strt debating weda Jesus founded a church or not or weda Roman catholism is the only true church.

I would never have time for that.

Cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supernatural Turnaround..great Testimonies / Nigeria Christian Population / Rapture By Papa Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.