Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Are You Living On Borrowed Time? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Living On Borrowed Time? (543 Views)

Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money / This Gentile Kingdom Is Living On Borrowed Time / A Borrowed Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Living On Borrowed Time? by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:42am On Oct 13, 2013
I am not a regular poster on religion section, but i know i have something to offer here, i wish i am frequent, anyway time will tell.

Back to the topic, it seems most people are living on borrowed time and don't really know it, yes it is grace that has kept most of us and the Bible said the the Grace of God is sufficent for us all 2 Corinthians 12:19. It is same Bible that said we must also not abuse the grace of God by going on sinning. Romans 6:1.

The book of Luke chapter13 vs6-9 tells us about a fig tree that over the years have refused to bear fruit and was set to be cut down because the tree was not doing what it is expected of it, the owner of the Fig just like God the owner of our lives does not appreciate unfruitfulness ( Genesis 1:28). when we are unfruitful, we become liability. Though My emphasis is not on being fruitful, i have to touch that part, my emphasis is on Luke 13:8-9 where the fig tree would've been cut down if not for the vine dresser that requested for one more year(Borrowed time) after which it will be cut down if it refuse to bear fruit.

Just like the fig tree, most of us are living on borrowed time, if not for the pleading of Jesus, on ly God knows what would've become of the world today. Comment and criticisms are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Day 3 Of Pilgrimage: President Jonathan Lights Symbolic Candle At Mt. Camel, Vis / Do You Know Christ Is Already On Earth In Flesh According To The Bible? / Protecting Your Offering: Lessons From Father Abraham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.