Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources (4672 Views)

What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by JingoOAU(m): 9:00am On Oct 13, 2013
In any parlance, Ekiti State has always been referred to as the fountain of knowledge in Nigeria, for having the highest numbers of intellects.

Mention any field of study in Nigeria and abroad, you will find an Ekiti person holding sway. Ekiti has produced so many great people and minds.

Nevertheless, Ekiti state has been one of the poorest state in south of Nigeria. Most of the Ekitis back home are farmers who lived on either pension or subsistence farming.

Is there any reason to allude to why Ekiti is so backward economically?

2 Likes

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by NaijNews: 9:14am On Oct 13, 2013
What. Is happening to them is that the whole states are upgrading, let them upgrade very fast. Please am inside church No disturbance. Please. I love Ekiti
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by iphedahyor(m): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2013
Yes,2 much of every and anything is bad.The problem wit Ekiti state is 2 much knowledge,una 2 sabi book.It's high time u guys stop petitioning each other and think of how 2 move your state forward
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Gboliwe: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2013
They must firstly agree they are backward. As Ebonyi state is to the SE so is Ekiti state.
I was in Ekiti state sometime back and I was completely disappointed

3 Likes

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Alexbond(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2013
Ekiti state is one of d states created last in nigeria in 1996,comparing it with oda states created at d same time they are almost at equal rank. despite d fact dat d state is reach in human resource is development is not glaring. d truth is human resources is not equivalent to development in nigeria! we only rely on natural resource in nigeria to develop, dat's why states wit crude oil is beta dan those without oil.south develop than north
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by JingoOAU(m): 9:50am On Oct 13, 2013
U can never compare the human personnel available to Ekiti and Eboyi States. Ekiti is so blessed to the extent that its people were supposed to be harnessed for mutual benefits of the people

Gboliwe: They must firstly agree they are backward. As Ebonyi state is to the SE so is Ekiti state.
I was in Ekiti state sometime back and I was completely disappointed
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Gboliwe: 9:54am On Oct 13, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
U can never compare the human personnel available to Ekiti and Eboyi States. Ekiti is so blessed to the extent that its people were supposed to be harnessed for mutual benefits of the people

no doubt
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by cashkid18(m): 10:01am On Oct 13, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
In any parlance, Ekiti State has always been referred to as the fountain of knowledge in Nigeria, for having the highest numbers of intellects.

Mention any field of study in Nigeria and abroad, you will find an Ekiti person holding sway. Ekiti has produced so many great people and minds.

Nevertheless, Ekiti state has been one of the poorest state in south of Nigeria. Most of the Ekitis back home are farmers who lived on either pension or subsistence farming.

Is there any reason to allude to why Ekiti is so backward economically?
its nt only ekiti my dear,evn osun n ondo is ntin to write home abt

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Ekiti state having the highest number of intellects is a propaganda. What does jamb statistic shows?

12 Likes

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by gramci: 10:09am On Oct 13, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Ekiti state having the highest number of intellects is a propaganda. What does jamb statistic shows?

bros abeg help me ask them
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Ekiti state having the highest number of intellects is a propaganda. What does jamb statistic shows?
are you comparing jamb candidates to university dons?
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Alexbond(m): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2013
when did jamb came into existense, does jamb has acc for d number of prof,doctrate degree holders n second degree holders in nigeria?
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 13, 2013
cashkid18: its nt only ekiti my dear,evn osun n ondo is ntin to write home abt
keep quite and stop bringing tribalism into this cos you have never cross the naija bridge before to know better.

I think the cause was due to military rule and PDP but thank goodness APC has taken control.
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by 1MCN: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2013
It's such delusional propagandas that have kept some people in our country circumspecting around the self deceit orbit. Maybe Ekiti had once taken the lead in the number of academicians or so, but now events over the past one or two decades have swept it away. Maybe such assertions like the one our writer is peddling can at best be described as "living in past glory". JAMB, WAEC, NECO and NUC latest records do not place Ekiti at the spot anymore. Not even the Unity Schools Common Entrance Examinations.
@Topic, I've honestly not stepped my foot on the soils of Ekiti as at today, but I've been round the other SW states, and except for Lagos, I don't think the states in that region are competiive in any form. Not even the home state of the legendary Awolowo! Not even Ogun state with all it's proximity advantage to Lagos state (although it's a step ahead of the other SW states).
The Yoruba people of Nigeria are believed to be good administrators but that gene is yet to be fully harnessed. I continue to say that Lagos state has woefully underperformed generally considering its small land mass (about the smallest in Nigeria), it has been the only point of import and export in Nigeria over the years, it has been the FCT for about two decades! Yet it rubs shoulders with PH, Aba and Onitsha--though it's way ahead of them, but my point is, if these cities had the same priviledges Lagos had they probably be competing with Carlifornia, Tokyo and New York/Beijing respectively.

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by JingoOAU(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2013
As a graduate of OAU, Ekiti state boast of the highest number of professors and dons in Obafemi Awolowo university, followed by Ondo and Osun States respectively.

Moreso, 50percent of lecturers in University of Ibadan are of Ekiti origin. Whether past or present, as small as Ekiti is, it harbours the highest number of scholars who litter Nigerian higher institutions and abroad.

Whther ekiti state currently have more human capital than others is not even the issue, the issue is that for having so many learned people, its still as backward as Ebonyi and Bayelsa states

1MCN:
It's such delusional propagandas that have kept some people in our country circumspecting around the self deceit orbit. Maybe Ekiti had once taken the lead in the number of academicians or so, but now events over the past one or two decades have swept it away. Maybe such assertions like the one our writer is peddling can at best be described as "living in past glory". JAMB, WAEC, NECO and NUC latest records do not place Ekiti at the spot anymore. Not even the Unity Schools Common Entrance Examinations.
@Topic, I've honestly not stepped my foot on the soils of Ekiti as at today, but I've been round the other SW states, and except for Lagos, I don't think the states in that region are competiive in any form. Not even the home state of the legendary Awolowo! Not even Ogun state with all it's proximity advantage to Lagos state (although it's a step ahead of the other SW states).
The Yoruba people of Nigeria are believed to be good administrators but that gene is yet to be fully harnessed. I continue to say that Lagos state has woefully underperformed generally considering its small land mass (about the smallest in Nigeria), it has been the only point of import and export in Nigeria over the years, it has been the FCT for about two decades! Yet it rubs shoulders with PH, Aba and Onitsha--though it's way ahead of them, but my point is, if these cities had the same priviledges Lagos had they probably be competing with Carlifornia, Tokyo and New York/Beijing respectively.

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2013
1MCN:

Lagos rubs shoulders with Aba, portharcourt and onitsha? is this not just your typical village chest-beating? its an insult to Nigerians comparing Lagos to some glorified villages

2 Likes

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 11:14am On Oct 13, 2013
Alexbond: when did jamb come into existense? did jamb have acc for d number of prof,doctrate degree holders n second degree holders in nigeria?

if we say these people are illiterate villagers, they will think we are hurling insults on them but not knowing It's true. imagine
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:17am On Oct 13, 2013
Alexbond: when did jamb come into existense? did jamb have acc for d number of prof,doctrate degree holders n second degree holders in nigeria?
ore, listen to me, i served in omuo oke in ekiti east lga and i can authoritatively tell you that most ekiti indigen are illiterate. The state is generally underdeveloped. Right from iworoko down to ifaki, oye, kota to omuo oke. The place is a big village

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 11:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
As a graduate of OAU, Ekiti state boast of the highest number of professors and dons in Obafemi Awolowo university, followed by Ondo and Osun States respectively.

Moreso, 50percent of lecturers in University of Ibadan are of Ekiti origin. Whether past or present, as small as Ekiti is, it harbours the highest number of scholars who litter Nigerian higher institutions and abroad.

Whther ekiti state currently have more human capital than others is not even the issue, the issue is that for having so many learned people, its still as backward as Ebonyi and Bayelsa states

what caused the underdevelopment was the negligence of the past administrators I.e military and PDP governments coupled with emergency rules
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: ore, listen to me, i served in omuo oke in ekiti east lga and i can authoritatively tell you that most ekiti indigen are illiterate. The state is generally underdeveloped. Right from iworoko down to ifaki, oye, kota to omuo oke. The place is a big village
my question to you is, which state in naija has produced more intelects like ekiti?

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2013
Jingo-OAU:

no doubt ekiti has the highest number of scholars in the SW but not in nigeria. The eastern region had and still has the highest number of intellectuals

4 Likes

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 11:35am On Oct 13, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: no doubt ekiti has the highest number of scholars in the SW but not in nigeria. The eastern region had and still has the highest number of intellectuals

Hw did you arrive at this again? you people are really comedians. where are the universities in south east? I can't just stop laughing at you people living in ignorant's paradise.

3 Likes

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by ba7man(m): 11:39am On Oct 13, 2013
......And so the thread descends into a "My d1ck is bigger than yours" arguement.

1 Like

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ayekotoo(m): 11:39am On Oct 13, 2013
Segeggs: my question to you is, which state in naija has produced more intelects like ekiti?

wait until they bombard you with JAMB data, NECO records and WAEC archives to butress their points. we don't call them villagers for nothing
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by 1MCN: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Lagos rubs shoulders with Aba, portharcourt and onitsha? is this not just your typical village chest-beating? its an insult to Nigerians comparing Lagos to some glorified villages
If you follow me on NL you'd have noticed that I never attempt to follow the ethnocentric track. Never! Go back and read the entire comment you quoted above and you'd see the caveate where it says PH, Aba and Onitsha do not compare with Lagos. I claim that I've visited the SW roundabout. Can you claim that of the SE? Meanwhile, you dont even know if am SE or not. That the Mr Uche, the CEO living in Magodo or Mrs Amaka the MD living in Lekki tells you she's going to her village whenever she's travelling to her countryhome should not confuse you and make you think she's reffering to one rustic squalor somewhere in the dark part of the world. I enjoin you to travel to at least 3 states of the SE and visit these rural places they call "village" and you'd come to understand what the UNDP means when they say that the SE is the region with the lowest level of poverty in Nigeria. Don't be delusioned, friend.

10 Likes

Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Gboliwe: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2013
ba7man: ......And so the thread descends into a "My d1ck is bigger than yours" arguement.
true talk my brother! SMH
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by cashkid18(m): 11:44am On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:

ode!!y dont u read meanin into wt he typed instead of talkin another tin..wt he meant was dt lagos wit its small mass n hvin d priviledge of bein d nations formal capital unlike aba,onitsha n ph wic neva had fg presence shud bin able to b more lyk NY N oda world class cities
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:44am On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Hw did you arrive at this again? you people are really comedians. where are the universities in south east? I can't just stop laughing at you people living in ignorant's paradise.
which region dominated the civil service, engineering, medical field in the 50s and 60s?
Re: What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources by cashkid18(m): 11:47am On Oct 13, 2013
Segeggs: keep quite and stop bringing tribalism into this cos you have never cross the naija bridge before to know better.

I think the cause was due to military rule and PDP but thank goodness APC has taken control.
n who told dt i hv nt bin to osun n ondo state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC Corp Members Resign From The INEC ADHOC Staff. / Oyetola VRS Adeleke: Supreme Court Panel Members Named / Residents Confronts Nigeria Police Officers In Obigbo, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.