Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? (1231 Views)

Did Fashola Really Worked In The Entire LAGOS Or Only Concentrated On The Island / Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Has Peter Obi Officially Quit Politics By Dumping APGA For PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
I can remember vividly I was in Jss2 when Nigige was declared the winner of the 2003 Gov'ship election in Anambra. As little as I was I felt very bad because I had wanted peter Obi to win. After all that happened, Obi leta emerged as the gov after he won the election tribunal case. 8yrs leta, in my own opinion I am still yet to see exactly what the Obi Gov has done. The aim of this thread is for us to really X-ray the Obi's Gov. Abeg make una no abuse sha na my mind I speak

4 Likes

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by FreeGlobe(f): 10:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
There are numerous threads to that regard. Do your research. The answer is NO

2 Likes

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by nedufantasy(m): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
though i dont like obi,but he more than performed.anybody saying he didnt try is just being sentimental just like i use to be.because i dont like his person but he did good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
nonsense, if we ask you what he did now specifically, you will start beating around the bush. no be only more than performed

1 Like

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by kenbee(f): 4:36am On Oct 14, 2013
EDUCATION: 95% of structures in ANSU Igbariam, Medical Faculty of ANSU in Awka. Prof Dike library. Provision of Science laboratory in all the secondary school in the state.
SECURITY: Procurement of over 400 patrol vehicle to vigilante and police. Banning of outlaws like MASSOB, NURTW, BAKASSI. SOCIAL AMENITIES: Over 500km of roads constructed, Revived Awka water scheme. Bore-hole in primary schools.
Agulu Lake Resort. Electronic Stock Exchange in Onitsha, 2mini stadium in Onitsha. New state Secretariat, Governors lodge at Awka & Onitsha. Dredging of Nwangene. & Many more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
kenbee: EDUCATION: 95% of structures in ANSU Igbariam, Medical Faculty of ANSU in Awka. Prof Dike library. Provision of Science laboratory in all the secondary school in the state.
SECURITY: Procurement of over 400 patrol vehicle to vigilante and police. Banning of outlaws like MASSOB, NURTW, BAKASSI. SOCIAL AMENITIES: Over 500km of roads constructed, Revived Awka water scheme. Bore-hole in primary schools.
Agulu Lake Resort. Electronic Stock Exchange in Onitsha, 2mini stadium in Onitsha. New state Secretariat, Governors lodge at Awka & Onitsha. Dredging of Nwangene. & Many more
I just dey read what mentioned. So all these stuffs are his achivements for the past 8years in office? Smh now hear this.

1) Agulu lake resort: I was just discussing this with my mum yesterday. If you live in Anambra you'll know that their is no other place where such magnitude of road construction is going on. The reason why he is doing this is cus he has personal interest in that resort that is why he is channelling the state funds to construct that road and resort. All the roads in Awka which were constructed by Obi's regime is either spoilt or abandoned. Let me give you quick examples.
1)The road that stretches from Aroma junction up to Nnamdi Azikiwe uni (back gate) was constructed about 3years ago. You should take a trip down there and see 4 urself how bad the road is becoming.
2) The Esther Obiako road( the road from enugu-onisha express down to ifete-unizik road): this road project was started in 2009 and uptill today that project is yet to be completed. Infact if you actually live around that axis "u go wan dey cry lol". Do you live in Awka @all? Have u ever taken your time to observe how trashed and dilapidated the heart of the town looks?( From Amansi to Amaobia) ie Enugu-Onitsha express. 2years ago erosion almost cut unizik junction into two. The gov started a project to check it. Today the project has been abandoned and the big culverts that has since been under"construction" has now been converted to refuge dump etc. If you have not been to Awka b4 Unizik junction is the heart of the town its just like an equivalent of Ibom plaza in uyo, computer villa axis in Ikeja. I believe their are so many roads especially in The state capital that needs total rehabilitation. Not just the roads, the whole environment is dirty, their is simply no sanity in the state and you come here to tell me about Agulu lake resort and the mighty suspended bridge over Agulu lake. Is that what we need right now??

PROF DIKE LIBRARY: Please I didn't hear you mention that. Please o for those that have not been to Awka b4 this above mentioned library is just an empty building with no books inside. The building is under lock and key. The compound has ben over grown with grasses.
Have you been to Ibom digital library in Uyo b4? Then you will not even mention that we have a library in Awka. The library was built in 2010 abi 2011 and when GEJ visited to capital he commissioned an empty building. Abi have you ever used the library b4? Who is deceiving who?
THE AMAKU TEACHING HOSPITAL:
Yes I will give him credit for such initiative cus am not biased. He did well but my question is this. Have you entered the hospital before? They are even short of medical doctors not to talk more of medical equipment. Just like the state library, the hospital is likewise empty their are no medical equipment inside ooo! He doesn't want to employ Doctors.

My problem with Obi's gov is that he makes it look like he has done anything extraordinary for the state, he makes the gov a private affair. Can u imagine that project billboards in the state has Mr peter Obi as the client? Go to Majua street off Ziks Avenue. The small road that was constructed there has Peter Obi's name as the name of the client on the project bill board. Who is deceiving who? The security cars you mentioned; yes I will give him credit for all those but again let me ask. Is he not doing his job? Are these stuffs not the function of the government? Is he executing any of these project with his personal funds? We are entitled to all these things and even much more as a people.
Dear Gov peter Obi, you and your gov has contributed a quota to d development of Anambra state but most of the things you did were for your own selfish interest. You claim to be discipline and keeping the state debt free while you silently siphon the state funds.
Dear Anambrarians do not be deceived anymore, demand a government that will bring uncommon change to the state, vote a government that will make you fell the presence of state gov in the state. Enough of cheap propaganda!!
Please this write up is not politically instigated I do not support any particular party or candidate this is just how I feel about Obi's gov.

5 Likes

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
nedufantasy: though i dont like obi,but he more than performed.anybody saying he didnt try is just being sentimental just like i use to be.because i dont like his person but he did good
What good did he do? Do u live in this state @all?
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
9japipper:
I just dey read what mentioned. So all these stuffs are his achivements for the past 8years in office? Smh now hear this.

1) Agulu lake resort: I was just discussing this with my mum yesterday. If you live in Anambra you'll know that their is no other place where such magnitude of road construction is going on. The reason why he is doing this is cus he has personal interest in that resort that is why he is channelling the state funds to construct that road and resort. All the roads in Awka which were constructed by Obi's regime is either spoilt or abandoned. Let me give you quick examples.
1)The road that stretches from Aroma junction up to Nnamdi Azikiwe uni (back gate) was constructed about 3years ago. You should take a trip down there and see 4 urself how bad the road is becoming.
2) The Esther Obiako road( the road from enugu-onisha express down to ifete-unizik road): this road project was started in 2009 and uptill today that project is yet to be completed. Infact if you actually live around that axis "u go wan dey cry lol". Do you live in Awka @all? Have u ever taken your time to observe how trashed and dilapidated the heart of the town looks?( From Amansi to Amaobia) ie Enugu-Onitsha express. 2years ago erosion almost cut unizik junction into two. The gov started a project to check it. Today the project has been abandoned and the big culverts that has since been under"construction" has now been converted to refuge dump etc. If you have not been to Awka b4 Unizik junction is the heart of the town its just like an equivalent of Ibom plaza in uyo, computer villa axis in Ikeja. I believe their are so many roads especially in The state capital that needs total rehabilitation. Not just the roads, the whole environment is dirty, their is simply no sanity in the state and you come here to tell me about Agulu lake resort and the mighty suspended bridge over Agulu lake. Is that what we need right now??

PROF DIKE LIBRARY: Please I didn't hear you mention that. Please o for those that have not been to Awka b4 this above mentioned library is just an empty building with no books inside. The building is under lock and key. The compound has ben over grown with grasses.
Have you been to Ibom digital library in Uyo b4? Then you will not even mention that we have a library in Awka. The library was built in 2010 abi 2011 and when GEJ visited to capital he commissioned an empty building. Abi have you ever used the library b4? Who is deceiving who?
THE AMAKU TEACHING HOSPITAL:
Yes I will give him credit for such initiative cus am not biased. He did well but my question is this. Have you entered the hospital before? They are even short of medical doctors not to talk more of medical equipment. Just like the state library, the hospital is likewise empty their are no medical equipment inside ooo! He doesn't want to employ Doctors.

My problem with Obi's gov is that he makes it look like he has done anything extraordinary for the state, he makes the gov a private affair. Can u imagine that project billboards in the state has Mr peter Obi as the client? Go to Majua street off Ziks Avenue. The small road that was constructed there has Peter Obi's name as the name of the client on the project bill board. Who is deceiving who? The security cars you mentioned; yes I will give him credit for all those but again let me ask. Is he not doing his job? Are these stuffs not the function of the government? Is he executing any of these project with his personal funds? We are entitled to all these things and even much more as a people.
Dear Gov peter Obi, you and your gov has contributed a quota to d development of Anambra state but most of the things you did were for your own selfish interest. You claim to be discipline and keeping the state debt free while you silently siphon the state funds.
Dear Anambrarians do not be deceived anymore, demand a government that will bring uncommon change to the state, vote a government that will make you fell the presence of state gov in the state. Enough of cheap propaganda!!
Please this write up is not politically instigated I do not support any particular party or candidate this is just how I feel about Obi's gov.

Thank you for being objective . .

I think a lot of Anambrarians are being overly sentimental when it comes to Obi. I hardly blame them; his propaganda-governance can be quite deceitful.

We live Anambra State so we know better . . .

May the best man win! cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Kenquil: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
@ 9japipper, you are very objective and honest about Mr Peter Obi government. When he asked this question 'is Anambra cursed or are we the cause?', I thought he will do wonders but I think he didn't do much for Anambra State in 8 years.
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kenquil: @ 9japipper, you are very objective and honest about Mr Peter Obi government. When he asked this question 'is Anambra cursed or are we the cause?', I thought he will do wonders but I think he didn't do much for Anambra State in 8 years.
We are not under any curse my brother. We are simply blind to facts and most Anambrarian play an "I don't care" attitude towards politics and petrotisim. Let's come out and make our voices heard.

1 Like

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by okoro: 7:50am On Apr 28
๐Ÿ˜ณ

1 Like

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by okoro: 8:54pm On Apr 28
Kenquil:
@ 9japipper, you are very objective and honest about Mr Peter Obi government. When he asked this question 'is Anambra cursed or are we the cause?', I thought he will do wonders but I think he didn't do much for Anambra State in 8 years.
everybody can not be wrong all the time
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28
I can remember vividly I was in Jss2 when Nigige was declared the winner of the 2003 Gov'ship election in Anambra. As little as I was I felt very bad because I had wanted peter Obi to win. After all that happened, Obi leta emerged as the gov after he won the election tribunal case. 8yrs leta, in my own opinion I am still yet to see exactly what the Obi Gov has done. The aim of this thread is for us to really X-ray the Obi's Gov. Abeg make una no abuse sha na my mind I speak
not only you ndo
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by EponObi: 2:14am On Apr 29
Lmaoooooo!

๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:13am On Apr 29
EponObi:
Lmaoooooo!

๐Ÿ˜‚
we will keep all these threads alive till 2027

1 Like

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by jahsharon: 6:32am On Apr 29

He looted his state and ran to hide in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by EponObi: 6:41am On Apr 29
Ndimkpurummiri:
we will keep all these threads alive till 2027

Absolutely!

We need to dig up more.

1 Like

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:47am On Apr 29
jahsharon:

wickedness
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:48am On Apr 29
jahsharon:

wickedness of the highest order
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:55am On Apr 29
EponObi:

Absolutely!

We need to dig up more.
their post then against Agulu thief on Facebook is worst
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by OAFMods: 7:16am On Apr 29
Hmm
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by okoro: 10:25am On Apr 29
OAFMods:
Hmm
we are shocked ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by okoro: 7:35pm On Apr 30
DMerciful
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Peacemaker5128: 12:07pm On May 02
Lol
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by socialmediaman: 12:16pm On May 02
97% of Anambra people support Peter Obi. No other politician in Nigeria has that level of support from their own state. That tells you all you need to know

These are the 3% critics most of whom donโ€™t live in Anambra.
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Peacemaker5128: 12:20pm On May 02
socialmediaman:
97% of Anambra people support Peter Obi. No other politician in Nigeria has that level of support from their own state. That tells you all you need to know

These are the 3% critics most of whom donโ€™t live in Anambra.
always resist the urge to shalaye
Nobody asked you for this statistic
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by socialmediaman: 12:25pm On May 02
Peacemaker5128:
always resist the urge to shalaye
Nobody asked you for this statistic

The statistic must have hurt since people will see it once they come across the old thread you decided to open up

Keep going, it's for your daily survival

Just to reiterate, 97% of Anambra people support Peter Obi.
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Peacemaker5128: 12:37pm On May 02
socialmediaman:

The statistic must have hurt since people will see it once they come across the old thread you decided to open up

Keep going, it's for your daily survival

Just to reiterate, 97% of Anambra people support Peter Obi.
statistics without proof
Peter Pandora also known for this bogus figures

1 Like

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by socialmediaman: 12:50pm On May 02
Peacemaker5128:
statistics without proof
Peter Pandora also known for this bogus figures

Your proof from the 2023 presidential election. For the benefit of those who come across the thread grin

Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Peacemaker5128: 12:58pm On May 02
socialmediaman:

Your proof from the 2023 presidential election. For the benefit of those who across the thread grin
this one is a mu*
We were talking about what you Ibo said about Pandora agulu thief in 2012 not 2023
Re: Has Peter Obi's Gov Really Worked In Anambra State? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:00pm On May 02

Hmm as far back as 2013.

(1) (Reply)

LEAKED: Video Of G7 Governors Meeting Disrupted By Police DPO. / Efcc: We Are Ready To Prosecute Oduah / 13 PDP Govs Ask Tukur To Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.