Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World (25313 Views)

Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / The U.S. Government Has Officially Shutdown!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life:

I haven't heard about a universal currency, heck if U.S and her Europe allies won't be part of it, then such decision is DOA. What I knew back then was BRICS wanting to initiate a new trading currency, but guess what, I think they've been unsuccessful about the idea. Brings us back to the question

How do you DE-AMERICANIZE THE WORLD ?

OPEC and BRICS and ASEAN countries need to meet with IMF and WORLD BANK to fashion something out. But then I guess the NSA has something on everyone, and will always make us all an offer we can not refuse. Give it to America, she preaches Freedom yet keeps us all bound.

2 Likes

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by nitrogen(m): 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please, I need to point this out to all, the debt of America got to this level because of the various economic activities of other countries, the notion that Americans are living large and the US government is spending a lot on military activities and others is completely an attempt to bring out unjustified facts in order to de-rep America.

#fact#
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by tdade(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life:

I haven't heard about a universal currency, heck if U.S and her Europe allies won't be part of it, then such decision is DOA. What I knew back then was BRICS wanting to initiate a new trading currency, but guess what, I think they've been unsuccessful about the idea. Brings us back to the question

you mean the bricso? Heard it was a virtual currency. Haven't done much research about it though.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by manny4life(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
Billyonaire:

OPEC and BRICS and ASEAN countries need to meet with IMF and WORLD BANK to fashion something out. But then I guess the NSA has something on everyone, and will always make us all an offer we can not refuse. Give it to America, she preaches Freedom yet keeps us all bound.

You forget so quickly, who controls most OPEC and ASEAN nations? This is unlikely to happen, this is why BRICS went solo but they've been unable to do so. At least, I remember three years ago when they stormed Washington DC, something is yet to come out of it.

1 Like

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by Olaone1: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
abubaka101:
That's harsh and a little insensitive, considering that u may not knw any of us, wat we do, or wat we knw. And also, there is no bad thing in sharing ideas and making a good discussion.
He wanted to rile us up. It didn't work. tongue
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
There will always be peak of civilizations and collapse of empires at the appropriate time cos nothing lasts forever and nature will eventually have its way!

The schisms, wars, terrorisms, economic upheavals you see around aint all by chance but most times man-made by the 'powers/empires' for economic subjugation of others in order to stay at the 'peak' and maintain ponzi schemes.

When and if the new world order breaks in our time it will definitely be from regions that aint already 'saturated' nor reach its peak.

Africa...my africa are we ready/prepared

1 Like

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by MagicBishop: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
I believe sincerely that there is a grand conspiracy by the World's Bankers to introduce a singular global currency. There are benefits for introducing a singular global currency as this will lead to currency stability and low inflation but the negative aspect is that who ever controls the money flow controls the world. Countries will then natural lose autonomy. The days of a World President is set to appear.
End Times?
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by ckkris: 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nigerians SHOULD support the 'Bottom-Top' economic development model that President Jonathan is quietly implementing. For instance, Nigerians enjoyed the yam harvest of 2012, until September this year. And the importation of rice is going down, as domestic production is increasing. The president is putting things on the ground. And they will last, and be generating more development.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by manny4life(m): 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Everyone has contributed greatly to this discussion, but my sincere advice to many, if you have any savings or investment, please consider taking it to Nigeria.grin

Nigeria is bad but they are on the right footing to lead Africa as a nation (i.e. if we don't divide) embarassed

The U.S. is unstable at the moment, I wouldn't be caught with my pants down when shitt hits the fan...

I'm out... I would be back grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by Olaone1: 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
Billyonaire:

I laugh in Mandarin again. Are you talking about the same Bretton Woods institutions America controls with ease? Ever wondered why these institutions have always been headed by Americans and Europeans?
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life:

You forget so quickly, who controls most OPEC and ASEAN nations? This is unlikely to happen, this is why BRICS went solo but they've been unable to do so. At least, I remember three years ago when they stormed Washington DC, something is yet to come out of it.

Who will bell the cat ?

I guess the world is being played right from Washington DC. Chinese and Japanese are watching how their billions will disappear in a matter of hours.

At least Nigeria own better small, bulk of our money comes from the Soil.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by 0monnakoda: 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ola one:
Now you claim you don't know yet you berated us all for saying what you know nothing about? Tell us all you know about this saga. We want to learn from you
I do not know but your knowledge is in deficit.If it is possible to have a knowledge debt that is where you are so you need to acquire a lot of knowledge just to reach ZERO.
Do you even know what the subject of this thread is? Thou knoweth not and knoweth not that thou knoweth not but thinketh thou knoweth all
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by nitrogen(m): 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life: Everyone has contributed greatly to this discussion, but my sincere advice to many, if you have any savings or investment, please consider taking it to Nigeria.grin

Nigeria is bad but they are on the right footing to lead Africa as a nation (i.e. if we don't divide) embarassed

The U.S. is unstable at the moment, I wouldn't be caught with my pants down when shitt hits the fan...

I'm out... I would be back grin grin
You'd better be fast about it. After sometime, the known safe haven for investments will be back.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by 0monnakoda: 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ola one:
I laugh in Mandarin again. Are you talking about the same Bretton Woods institutions America controls with ease? Ever wondered why these institutions have always been headed by Americans and Europeans?
You are living in the past today the reality is America is a debtor and China is its biggest creditor. Yesterday the British Chancellor turned into a praise singer ala Obesere whilst in China begging for Chinese Investement. Offering to change Visa rules for Chinese whilst they are asking Nigerians to pay a bond grin
The Chinese came and bought Jaguar and are buying up key European companies . It will take some time before you wake to know that it is morning
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by ckkris: 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Billyonaire:

Chinese and Japanese are watching how their billions will disappear in a matter of hours.

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by tdade(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dare I say, a US 'default' could cause military action. Maybe a bit far-fetched, but still plausible.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by Olaone1: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
0monnakoda: I do not know but your knowledge is in deficit.If it is possible to have a knowledge debt that is where you are so you need to acquire a lot of knowledge just to reach ZERO.
Do you even know what the subject of this thread is? Thou knoweth not and knoweth not that thou knoweth not but thinketh thou knoweth all
grin grin. Trolling?
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by nitrogen(m): 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
tdade: Dare I say, a US 'default' could cause military action. Maybe a bit far-fetched, but still plausible.
Trust USA, all that will be considered before taking an action, whether jeje-ly or forcefully, America's head dey dere kampe!
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by Olaone1: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
0monnakoda: You are living in the past today the reality is America is a debtor and China is its biggest creditor. Yesterday the British Chancellor turned into a praise singer ala Obesere whilst in China begging for Chinese Investement. Offering to change Visa rules for Chinese whilst they are asking Nigerians to pay a bond grin
[size=23pt]The Chinese came and bought Jaguar[/size] and are buying up key European companies . It will take some time before you wake to know that it is morning
Are Indians not buying British companies as well? You really don't know what being the world's economic powerhouse entails.

Now, let me educate you with my 'little' knowledge: China didn't buy Jaguar. Tata, from India, did. Some teaching, that! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by tdade(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
0monnakoda: You are living in the past today the reality is America is a debtor and China is its biggest creditor. Yesterday the British Chancellor turned into a praise singer ala Obesere whilst in China begging for Chinese Investement. Offering to change Visa rules for Chinese whilst they are asking Nigerians to pay a bond grin
The Chinese came and bought Jaguar and are buying up key European companies . It will take some time before you wake to know than it is morning
Wasn't Japan considered the next big thing in the eighties? Didn't that dream bite the dust? The harsh reality is, with all China's potential, if US goes the 'default' route, they'd be burnt - badly, albeit temporarily. Leaves one wondering maybe those at capitol hill are doing this purposely to wipe off their debt, but ultimately, stunt China's growth.

1 Like

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by InvertedHammer: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
/
Billyonaire:

Truth Remains that even if the Debt Ceiling is raised today, it means more borrowing by America, its means more debts accumulation, it therefore means that in the future, the climax will be reached and the bubble will affect the entire lenders to America. China and Japan will be affected, even Nigeria's Foreign Reserve and Sovereign Wealth Funds is in jeopardy.

America's debt, is America's burial in the near future, and means, Chinese Glory. By this time tomorrow, if there is no agreement reached by Republicans and OlBama to lift the debt ceiling, USA will be worth $30 billion dollars ONLY in cash.

The truth is that, it is no more safe to invest in America's Securities and Bonds, I say we run East, I say we run to China.

It comes back to a famous quote that I stated sometime ago:

"If you owe a bank $10,000, it is your headache;
If you owe the bank $2 trillion, it is the bank's problem"

The whole world is following Economic and Financial policies formulated by the West.
For some reason, I believe that US is trying to wiggle out of their debt obligations. This is just a test run.
This issue will be resolved soon. But in a subtle way, US is telling their creditors that "nothing is guaranteed".

Remember that quiet a good number of American politicians are folks that climbed to the top by
using bankruptcy laws to screw creditors until bankruptcy laws were changed.
They are playing a familiar game on a higher scale.

I feel sorry for China. They should have learned their lesson in 2008. Invariably, they will be left with
empty bags. It is a matter of time. USA is not going to pay! They will find every reason in the book not
to pay. I can say with some level of confidence that WAR may not be off the table.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by MagicBishop: 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
Timehin:
When and if the new world order breaks in our time it will definitely be from regions that aint already 'saturated' nor reach its peak.

Africa...my africa are we ready

China is a step ahead on this through their aggressive investment drive in Africa.

The U.S. is bloated, Europe is dead, Middle East is dangerous and volatile, Asia is about set to follow Japan down to zero growth status but Africa is still prime and pioneer territory when it comes to investors.

Let me give you an example of how over-development can lead to saturation or zero growth. Take the GSM telecom sector; the U.S. and European operators took years to have subscriber base numbers that Nigerian Operators achieved in less than 5yrs. If you factor Market size and population, the Nigerian GSM operators were more successful in rolling out this technology than their western counterparts and this was as a result of lack of a viable pre-existing telecom solution prior to the advent of GSM technology. Africa is more positioned to deploy better and modern technology.

There is also Energy and Natural Resources and that China needs desperately.
Take for example Congo DRC - estimated to be the richest Country on the Planet in terms of resources. Congo is estimated to posses over 400 Trillion dollars worth of Mineral deposits. Angola has more oil than Nigeria and there are speculations that put the total oil deposits within Angola more than that of Russia and the Middle-East combined. The country is vastly underpopulated.

Also, China can't feed themselves and only Africa can solve global hunger if Agriculture is harnessed to it's fullest capacity. Most of China's vast territory is waste land from the Gobi Deserts to the vast Siberian waste lands bordering China's northern border with Russia. Considering global warming with antecedent adverse weather such as flash floods plus serious ecological degradation by the unregulated heavy industries coupled with Chinese huge and growing population, local Agriculture cannot be expected to sustain China. China imports staple foods like wheat and rice from the U.S.
China getting richer is also affecting both local and global food prices by the day due to an emerging and booming middle class . Rich people eat good. Prior to emerging as a World Economic force, the average Chinese ate pork on average once a year and if you factor that it takes approximately 20kg of vegetable to produce 1kg of pork meat (a Chinese delicacy), more land and resource will be required to feed China now and the future. Africa, remains the only alternative for China. It is estimated that South Sudan can feed the world.

So, under-development now is not necessary a bad thing as this has made Africa the true last Frontier!

4 Likes

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by caukerzee(m): 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ola one:
See you. You included this rider because you know the facts are out there.

Read more:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/analects/2013/02/chinas-poor

http://www.ruralpovertyportal.org/country/home/tags/china

BTW, I expect you to discredit these sources .
@ the bolded. That's my problem with all these anti-america hipsters. That you do not support/like the America way/model of handling/controlling world economical/political world issues doesn't automatically make the Chineese better. That is just your personal opinion. Even when you present them with hardcore facts and figures, they begin to fault/discredit your source. I see and hear them make dumb statements like "...this information was manipulated by the western media" and dummer ones like "Watch CCTV istead of CNN". It's just like A Real Madrid fan telling a Barcelona fan "R.madrid is better than Barca because I support R.madrid" which is a very shallow basis. To them, the western media propagates lies, conspiracy and propaganda. While the eastern media is all about honesty. Dumb hipsters.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by olabukola: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life:

You don't need to say they haven't been successful, I think it's stilling the pipeline. Such development does not happen at a glance and moreover the two figure head in that BRICS like secrecy.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by 0monnakoda: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
tdade: Wasn't Japan considered the next big thing in the eighties? Didn't that dream bite the dust? The harsh reality is, with all China's potential, if US goes the 'default' route, they'd be burnt - badly, albeit temporarily. Leaves one wondering maybe those at capitol hill are doing this purposely to wipe off their debt, but ultimately, stunt China's growth.
How did it bite the dust? What is this thread about? Is it about who has the biggest dick in the land?

Japan is in terms of its size and available natural resources overperforming its potential.It is about the size of SW Nigeria and so we can safely say it has reached its peak. China on the other hand is ten times the size of Japan in Population terms and a lot bigger in terms of Natural resources
Anyway the idea of "De-Americanization does not imply that the world should replace America with China. That is an infantile approach. If the world is to learn anything from the demise of AMerica it is that there cannot be or should not be ONE reserve currency going forward.It would be naive to assume that America would suddenly disappear and become irrelevant. Different groups of nations can have their own or use several currencies as reserve and that is already happening to some extent already. The ability of the US/Europe to fund the World Bank/IMF is disappearing and countries are waking up to that reality.There will be alternatives that could be bigger and more influential that is the issue here not who has more cars or drinks more CocaCola
African can ask itself since it has been dealing with the West how much infrastructure it has received compared to recent experience with China.The facts are there. Concrete projects with no preaching/conditionalities
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by greaterlove(m): 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
I have a feeling that the US congress will raise the debt ceiling before the deadline but what they should know is that the harm has already been done. Raise the ceiling or not Countries are now looking for alternatives to the dollar, nobody is enjoying the drama of the US congress and President, if its disturbing to ordinary folks like me I wonder what finance ministers and presidents of nations will be going through.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by MagicBishop: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
China needs America more than America needs China and also China needs the world more than the world needs China.

China is not innovative in technology. That is why Silicon valley is not prepared to move to China. At best the Chinese and Asians in general when compared to the West are mere problem solvers. In mathematics, problem solvers are not valued as much as problem creators since all problems will sooner or later be solved. Asian economies, by utilizing cheap labor and lax environmental regulations and zero patent or copyright infringement laws were able to provide cheap goods. China has several prison labor camps dedicated to supporting their industries.

China on several fronts cannot lead the world right now. China's ruling class have little or no respect for their own citizens human rights. On what grounds will they be able to lead the world? At least the American govt guarantees human rights for her citizens. It is like how some people in Nigeria agitate for a northerner as President when the northern elites have not in any way empowered their own people how then can they assuage a southerner that they will bring out meaningful development to the south.
Charity begins at home. For China to lead the world she must prove that by first making her Citizens empowered and free.
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by 0monnakoda: 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

It comes back to a famous quote that I stated sometime ago:

"If you owe a bank $10,000, it is your headache;
If you owe the bank $2 trillion, it is the bank's problem"

The whole world is following Economic and Financial policies formulated by the West.
For some reason, I believe that US is trying to wiggle out of their debt obligations. This is just a test run.
This issue will be resolved soon. But in a subtle way, US is telling their creditors that "nothing is guaranteed".

Remember that quiet a good number of American politicians are folks that climbed to the top by
using bankruptcy laws to screw creditors until bankruptcy laws were changed.
They are playing a familiar game on a higher scale.

I feel sorry for China. They should have learned their lesson in 2008. Invariably, they will be left with
empty bags. It is a matter of time. USA is not going to pay! They will find every reason in the book not
to pay. I can say with some level of confidence that WAR may not be off the table.
You are clearly young and don't know what you are talking about. Much of that debt is owed to American businesses and pension funds.That debt is traded on exchanges around the world anonymously and besides it is DOLLAR denominated so America has no reason to not pay,nothing to gain and everything to lose. What does "Paying" mean ? It means servicing the debt by paying the monthly interest and that is supposed to reflect credit worthiness. If it does not pay it cannot borrow and IT NEEDS TO BORROW>
Really if you don't understand the issues just listen and watch QUIETLY
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by tdade(m): 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
0monnakoda: How did it bite the dust? What is this thread about? Is it about who has the biggest dick in the land?

Japan is in terms of its size and available natural resources overperforming its potential.It is about the size of SW Nigeria and so we can safely say it has reached its peak. China on the other hand is ten times the size of Japan in Population terms and a lot bigger in terms of Natural resources
Anyway the idea of "De-Americanization does not imply that the world should replace America with China. That is an infantile approach. If the world is to learn anything from the demise of AMerica it is that there cannot be or should not be ONE reserve currency going forward.It would be naive to assume that America would suddenly disappear and become irrelevant. Different groups of nations can have their own or use several currencies as reserve and that is already happening to some extent already. The ability of the US/Europe to fund the World Bank/IMF is disappearing and countries are waking up to that reality.There will be alternatives that could be bigger and more influential that is the issue here not who has more cars or drinks more CocaCola
African can ask itself since it has been dealing with the West how much infrastructure it has received compared to recent experience with China.The facts are there. Concrete projects with no preaching/conditionalities
Your snide comments make you seem infantile and petulant. I said if the US govt. defaults, China would be at a loss, and 'albeit temporarily.' Where did I claim 'this has more than that?' I stand on what I said on Japan, and I still say if China isn't careful, they'd go down that route. BTW, Tata of INDIA bought Jaguar, not China. Before you give replies marred with snide comments, read properly. You'd see I also said the world must do away with the dollar in an earlier post.
And when did a 145000 sq mi Japan become equivalent to the SW of Nigeria? Do you know how small SW is in comparison? To further disprove your theory, why not compare 30000 sq mi England with a GDP of $2.5 trillion plus to Japan(145000sq mi) with a $4.7 trillion GDP. You do the math.
If you'd be petulant and uncivilized, don't reply - simple!

1 Like

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
tdade: Your snide comments make you seem infantile and petulant. I said if the US govt. defaults, China would be at a loss, and 'albeit temporarily.' Where did I claim 'this has more than that?' I stand on what I said on Japan, and I still say if China isn't careful, they'd go down that route. BTW, Tata of INDIA bought Jaguar, not China. Before you give replies marred with snide comments, read properly. You'd see I also said the world must do away with the dollar in an earlier post.
And when did a 145000 sq mi Japan become equivalent to the SW of Nigeria? Do you know how small SW is in comparison? To further disprove your theory, why not compare 30000 sq mi England with a GDP of $2.5 trillion plus to Japan(145000sq mi) with a $4.7 trillion GDP. You do the math.
If you'd be petulant and uncivilized, don't reply - simple!

I hope he takes your advice seriously. It's a wise advice.

1 Like

Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by 0monnakoda: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
tdade: Your snide comments make you seem infantile and petulant. I said if the US govt. defaults, China would be at a loss, and 'albeit temporarily.' Where did I claim 'this has more than that?' I stand on what I said on Japan, and I still say if China isn't careful, they'd go down that route. BTW, Tata of INDIA bought Jaguar, not China. Before you give replies marred with snide comments, read properly. You'd see I also said the world must do away with the dollar in an earlier post. If you'd be petulant and uncivilized, don't reply - simple!
I guess you need to practise those words. The effort is all too obvious and contrived.Keep it simple at all times. Artifice is a poor substitute for substance but then what else can airheads produce but brainless bluster. You are empty,raucous and unruly
Re: China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World by manny4life(m): 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
@0monnkoda,

Why do you resort to name calling anytime you're arguing? Honestly though, your comments on here can be seen as demeaning which isn't right...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Russian Debt Default Is Now Very Likely After The US Blocked Payments / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / Zimbabwe Bans Use Of U.S. Dollars, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.