Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,106 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Website Review: Studyinogun.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review: Studyinogun.com (754 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review: Studyinogun.com by gatewayman: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2008
Please help review my website: http://www.studyinogun.com

This is the very first dynamic site I would be developing.

It's my pet project and intended to generate substantial income primarily through subscription from school.
My business strategy it to have a local focus (education in Ogun State) with a global reach.

Comment on the site and strategy is welcome.
Re: Website Review: Studyinogun.com by Afam(m): 7:31pm On Jul 03, 2008
Task focused website, typical example of a website people will visit and visit again to get relevant information.

Simple, neat and easy navigation.

However, the copyright says 2006. Is this a new site based on your post above?

A major category on that website (Directory of schools) does not have any entries after 2 years of being on the web? It doesn't tell a good story.

That directory alone could bring you a lot of money as most schools would want their details on such a specific website about schools in Ogun State.

Take care and please see my comments as sincere.

Update - Seen some sub categories under the catalogue.php page. Try to integrate a visual number to indicate the number of entries in any sub category instead of one clicking and being told that no entries exist.
Re: Website Review: Studyinogun.com by gatewayman: 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2008
Thanks Afam.

Yes, copyright 2006. Took a long while to get to to this stage, remember it was my very first attempt at web development. Then getting schools to register has been the issue. Most schools I contacted want the site to be popular before coming on board. I feel publicizing the site with a handful of school is counterproductive and ridiculous. Lock jam situation. What do you advice.

Finally, observed that most school are only concerned about publicity during the admission window. So in the past two years we only had few month when we had their ear.
Re: Website Review: Studyinogun.com by smartsoft(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2008
nice siteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Website Review: Studyinogun.com by OmniPotens(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2008
Nice site with good layout.

Make a change of the copyright. If you want to emphasize on the 2006 then you can make it copyright 2006-2008.

Try to advertise the site to more schools so as to get more listings in your Directory of schools.

Nice trial since this is your first attempt.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I upload A Html File Please? / Code On Button To Echo Tag, Help! / Asp.net Vs Php

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.