Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) (12625 Views)

Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Among Adam And Eve, Who Is To Be Blamed For Our Suffering Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:
angry
No mistakes,its just gameswink pleeeeaase!

Then I will gladly blame the game player
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by BE811APP: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2013
Tricky Question...
But as someone said above... Punishment was meted on all d tree...

But for me I will Blame Eve... For falling for the tricks of d Serpent... Ladies are meant to stand on der Words.. And not to shake.. No wander today most ladies Bleep up.. And dey blame it on Eve..

I will also Blame Adam.. Cuz he culd have rejected d Fruit wen it was Brought to him.

Last Bullet: it was for the Scriptures to be fulfilled!!!!
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2013
eduson33: We should blame Okonkwo
God will definitely restore your sanity.. Just don't give up on yourself
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:42am On Nov 17, 2013
God
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 10:42am On Nov 17, 2013
BE811APP: Tricky Question...
But as someone said above... Punishment was meted on all d tree...

But for me I will Blame Eve... For falling for the tricks of d Serpent... Ladies are meant to stand on der Words.. And not to shake.. No wander today most ladies Bleep up.. And dey blame it on Eve..

I will also Blame Adam.. Cuz he culd have rejected d Fruit wen it was Brought to him.

Last Bullet: it was for the Scriptures to be fulfilled!!!!

Which scripture... Was it written then.. Or Scripture means anything different from old and new testament?
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2013
kings009: What will we gain for establishing who really should be blamed? Will it change our mortality or return us to the pristine age? I blame no one, God knows the end from the begging!

You are just tryin to shy away from the question.... Agreed, blamin won't solve shii.. Bt Who is to be blame Eve serpent Adam? And/or God
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2013
Oludrex:

Then I will gladly blame the game player
or the audience and systemwink
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by felzylix(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2013
Blame the serpent, who was alone with an unclad gurl, n all he could do was to make her disobey the lords commandment... SMH
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 10:48am On Nov 17, 2013
G.James:
But God knows if it was me, the fruit would have served as juice after i have consumed the serpent.

He who has not come face to face with d real challenge call himself the Man
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 10:51am On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:
or the audience and systemwink

The game player is claimed to retain perfect control of game so he shud be blame for any mishap.. Plus he cud have turn off the game
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 10:52am On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: God

If you are a christian then I give U 50likes
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Oludrex(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Which suffering
Fuel subsidy
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2013
felzylix: Blame the serpent, who was alone with a nude gurl, n all he could do was to make her disobey the lords commandment... SMH
wink

He was ga.y i guess
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Godmann(m): 10:54am On Nov 17, 2013
aiyeboy: LAST sunday was wonderful in my church, as the pastor told the who congregation NO PREACHING TODAY..............
he told us to open to gen 3, and we should read then the men should defend adam, that he he is not to be blamed,women to defend eve that she is not to be blamed and the youth also should defend the serpent that ITS not guilty so guys i guess its cool if we also trash it out here.......
to me i beleive the serpent wasn't guilty because IT was just carrying out its normal daily activities, and u would help note in that chapter that IT never told eve to eat it all IT said was if u eat from it u shall know the truth.
so pals lets rub minds together and bring one out as the most guilty.
www.fb.com/aiyeboyx

The Bible is an extraordinary work of literature, and it makes some astonishing claims. It records the details of the creation of the universe, the origin of life, the moral law of God, the history of man’s rebellion against God, and the historical details of God’s work of redemption for all who trust in His Son. Moreover, the Bible claims to be God’s revelation to mankind. If true, this has implications for all aspects of life: how we should live, why we exist, what happens when we die, and what our meaning and purpose is. But how do we know if the claims of the Bible are true?

Some Typical Answers
A number of Christians have tried to answer this question. Unfortunately, not all of those answers have been as cogent as we might hope. Some answers make very little sense at all. Others have some merit but fall short of proving the truth of the Bible with certainty. Let’s consider some of the arguments that have been put forth by Christians.

A Subjective Standard
Some Christians have argued for the truth of the Scriptures by pointing to the changes in their own lives that belief in the God who inspired the Bible has induced. Receiving Jesus as Lord is a life-changing experience that brings great joy. A believer is a “new creation” (2 Corinthians 5:17). However, this change does not in and of itself prove the Bible is true. People might experience positive feelings and changes by believing in a position that happens to be false.
At best, a changed life shows consistency with the Scriptures. We would expect a difference in attitudes and actions given that the Bible is true. Although giving a testimony is certainly acceptable, a changed life does not (by itself) demonstrate the truth of the Scriptures. Even an atheist might argue that his belief in atheism produces feelings of inner peace or satisfaction. This does not mean that his position is true.

By Faith
When asked how they know that the Bible is true, some Christians have answered, “We know the Bible is true by faith.” While that answer may sound pious, it is not very logical, nor is it a correct application of Scripture. Faith is the confident belief in something that you cannot perceive with your senses (Hebrews 11:1). So when I believe without observation that the earth’s core is molten, I am acting on a type of faith. Likewise, when I believe in God whom I cannot directly see, I am acting on faith. Don’t misunderstand. We should indeed have faith in God and His Word. But the “by faith” response does not actually answer the objection that has been posed—namely, how we know that the Bible is true.
Since faith is a belief in something unseen, the above response is not a good argument. “We know by faith” is the equivalent of saying, “We know by believing.” But clearly, the act of believing in something doesn’t necessarily make it true. A person doesn’t really know something just by believing it. He simply believes it. So the response is essentially, “We believe because we believe.” While it is true that we believe, this answer is totally irrelevant to the question being asked. It is a non-answer. Such a response is not acceptable for a person who is a follower of Christ. The Bible teaches that we are to be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks a reason of the hope that is within us (1 Peter 3:15). Saying that we have faith is not the same as giving a reason for that faith.

Begging the Question
Some have cited 2 Timothy 3:16 as proof that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. This text indicates that all Scripture is inspired by God (or “God-breathed”) and useful for teaching. That is, every writing in the Bible is a revelation from God that can be trusted as factually true. Clearly, if the Bible is given by revelation of the God of truth, then it can be trusted at every point as an accurate depiction. The problem with answering the question this way is that it presupposes that the verse itself is truthful—which is the very claim at issue.
... But we need some additional information if we are to escape a vicious circle.

Textual Consistency and Uniqueness
Another argument for the truthfulness of the Bible concerns its uniqueness and internal consistency. The Bible is remarkably self-consistent, despite having been written by more than 40 different writers over a timespan of about 2,000 years. God’s moral law, man’s rebellion against God’s law, and God’s plan of salvation are the continuing themes throughout the pages of Scripture. This internal consistency is what we would expect if the Bible really is what it claims to be—God’s revelation.
... This is consistent with the claim that the Bible is the Word of God, but it does not decisively prove the claim.

External Evidence

Some Christians have argued for the truth of Scripture on the basis of various lines of external evidence. For example, archaeological discoveries have confirmed many events of the Bible. The excavation of Jericho reveals that the walls of this city did indeed fall as described in the book of Joshua.3 Indeed, some passages of the Bible, which critics once claimed were merely myth, have now been confirmed archeologically. For example, the five cities of the plain described in Genesis 14:2 were once thought by secular scholars to be mythical, but ancient documents have been found that list these cities as part of ancient trade routes.4
... They have suggested that the predictive prophetic passages were written after the fact, much later than the text itself would indicate. Examples of apparent scientific insight in the Bible are chalked up to coincidence.
Moreover, there is something inappropriate about using secular science to judge the claims of the Bible. As with archeological claims, what constitutes a scientific fact is often subject to the bias of the interpreter. Some people would claim that particles-to-people evolution is a scientific fact. Although creationists would disagree, we must concede that what some people think is good science does not always coincide with the Bible.
.... Using the less-certain to judge the more-certain just doesn’t make sense. At best, such things merely show consistency.

The Standard of Standards
The above lines of evidence are certainly consistent with the premise that the Bible is true. Many people have no doubt found such evidence quite convincing. Yet, we must admit that none of the above lines of evidence quite proves that the Bible must be the inerrant Word of God. Critics have their counterarguments to all of the above. If we are to know for certain that the Bible is true, we will need a different kind of argument—one that is absolutely conclusive and irrefutable. In all the above cases, we took as an unstated premise that there are certain standards by which we judge how likely something is true. When we stop to consider what these standards are, we will see that the standards themselves are proof that the Bible is true.

Putting it another way, only the Bible can make sense of the standards by which we evaluate whether or not something is true. One such set of standards are the laws of logic. We all know that a true claim cannot contradict another true claim. That would violate a law of logic: the law of non-contradiction. The statements “The light is red” and “The light is not red” cannot both be true at the same time and in the same sense. Laws of logic thus represent a standard by which we can judge certain truth claims. Moreover, all people seem to “know” laws like the law of non-contradiction. We all assume that such laws are the same everywhere and apply at all times without exception. But why is this? How do we know such things?

If we consider the biblical worldview, we find that we can make sense of the laws of logic. The Bible tells us that God’s mind is the standard for all knowledge (Colossians 2:3). Since God upholds the entire universe and since He is beyond time, we would expect that laws of logic apply everywhere in the universe and at all times. There can never be an exception to a law of logic because God’s mind is sovereign over all truth. We can know laws of logic because we are made in God’s image and are thus able to think in a way that is consistent with His nature (Genesis 1:27). So, when we take the Bible as our worldview, we find that laws of logic make sense.
But if we don’t accept the Bible as true, we are left without a foundation for laws of logic. How could we know (apart from God) that laws of logic work everywhere? After all, none of us have universal knowledge. We have not experienced the future nor have we travelled to distant regions of the universe. Yet we assume that laws of logic will work in the future as they have in the past and that they work in the distant cosmos as they work here. But how could we possibly know that apart from revelation from God?
Arguing that laws of logic have worked in our past experiences is pointless—because that’s not the question. The question is: how can we know that they will work in the future or in regions of space that we have never visited? Only the Christian worldview can make sense of the universal, exception-less, unchanging nature of laws of logic. Apart from the truth revealed in the Bible, we would have no reason to assume that laws of logic apply everywhere at all times, yet we all do assume this. Only the Christian has a good reason to presume the continued reliability of logic. The non-Christian does not have such a reason in his own professed worldview, and so he is being irrational: believing something without a good reason. The unbeliever has only “blind faith” but the Christian’s faith in the Bible makes knowledge possible.
...etc

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2011/03/22/bible-is-true

We need more thinking people in our land!!!
Only our senses can change our world. The bible tolerated slavery in every sense; only humanity with our senses stopped it. The bible accepted the old ruthless systems of government feudalism and the rest. Man evolved democracy and human right.

let use our God-given brain to enhance our lives people.

1 Like

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by everyday: 10:54am On Nov 17, 2013
Eve
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by femi4: 10:55am On Nov 17, 2013
For Adam was formed first, then
Eve. And Adam was not deceived,
but the woman being deceived,
fell into transgression. ( 1 Timothy
2:13–14)

But I fear, lest somehow, as the
serpent deceived Eve by his
craftiness, so your minds may be
corrupted from the simplicity that
is in Christ. ( 2 Corinthians 11:3)
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 10:55am On Nov 17, 2013
Oludrex:

The game player is claimed to retain perfect control of game so he shud be blame for any mishap.. Plus he cud have turn off the game
awww well
I dint say that,don't wanna get struck!
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 17, 2013
It wasn't apple as per fruit it was pussy and adam slept with eve.
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2013
quivah:
angry
No mistakes,its just gameswink pleeeeaase!

games with human emotions? and threatening them with hell fire? what type of childish game is that !!!
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by wickyyolo: 11:01am On Nov 17, 2013
3 of the men.
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Sike(m): 11:06am On Nov 17, 2013
God... for allowing that damn tree in the Garden. As in Why? To me, it was just a set-up. Our God set us up! Chikena!! (Forgive me, O Lord if it's a Sin)
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness:

games with human emotions? and threatening them with hell fire? what type of childish game is that !!!
thats exactly what it seems..
And they dont care smiley
Just make sure you winwink.

1 Like

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Malakh: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2013
Nobody
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by anitank(f): 11:09am On Nov 17, 2013
These atheists have an intelligent way of twisting people's minds

Was going to blame eve for eating from the tree she was asked not to touch, but reading the comments......

Well done!
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by quivah(f): 11:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Sike: God... for allowing that damn tree in the Garden. As in Why? To me, it was just a set-up. Our God set us up! Chikena!! (Forgive me, O Lord if it's a Sin)
you'v watched hunger games;(

Mehn!!

1 Like

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Originalsly: 11:11am On Nov 17, 2013
You should leave that church....how would you benefit spiritually with such rubbish?...is the church a place to promote arguments? I guess your church is a fun place.

2 Likes

Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 17, 2013
Blame Adam.
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by Sunofgod(m): 11:13am On Nov 17, 2013
Blame 'lord god' (Not God) as no where does it state he gave eve the commandment not to 'chop' from the tree.

The commandment was given to Adam only!

The mistake Adam made was listening to his wife!

But here's a thought - How many of you mugs think a snake can talk?
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by anitank(f): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2013
felzylix: Blame the serpent, who was alone with an unclad gurl, n all he could do was to make her disobey the lords commandment... SMH
The serpent didn't force her to disobey, she did so willingly grin
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by collinsJn(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2013
ifeness: blame the ''intelligent designer'' who made a lot of mistakes with his creation.

Let Me Just Believe U were Sleeping while U Were Typing This.
Re: GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) by anitank(f): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2013
Originalsly: You should leave that church....how would you benefit spiritually with such rubbish?...is the church a place to promote arguments? I guess your church is a fun place.
Are you ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / This Infallibility Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.