Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? (18642 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by Mayany(m): 9:30am On Oct 15, 2013
Just dis morning i was wishing my muslim friends Happy Eid-il-Mubarak(dunno if dats d correct spellin) on Bbm,and I was told by a christian sister that am doing sumtin wrong and that muslim don't serve dsame God with us and don't believe in Jesus who is our lord and saviour etc.Thou I don't see anything wrong in wishing them well. Pls if we have Bible scholars here I would love to hear what u think?
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by PastorOluT(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2013
Mayany: Just dis morning i was wishing my muslim friends Happy Eid-il-Mubarak(dunno if dats d correct spellin) on Bbm,and I was told by a christian sister that am doing sumtin wrong and that muslim don't serve dsame God with us and don't believe in Jesus who is our lord and saviour etc.Thou I don't see anything wrong in wishing them well. Pls if we have Bible scholars here I would love to hear what u think?

Very good topic, I want to really know what Christians on NL think on this!

Be back to state my stance
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by twosquare(m): 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nothing wrong in that! Love conquereth all things!!!
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by papagiddy(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
yeah according to an islamic preacher dat said "wishing Christians merry christmas during christmas is haram so do so too
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by papagiddy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
when you wishing them Mubarak simply means you believe in their god allah and you are a partaker of the sacrifice of millions of ram to dat god allah. you know,no sacrifice can a man made other than dat of Lord Jesus! Jesus Christ the Lamb of God!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by abitex577(m): 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
The meat one doesn't eat, you don't share it with your teeth!!!
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by Mayany(m): 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
@ Giddy I think wishing muslim happy celebration is a way of promoting peacefull and cordial co existence or is there any where in d Bible that forbids it?
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by onetrack(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mayany: Just dis morning i was wishing my muslim friends Happy Eid-il-Mubarak(dunno if dats d correct spellin) on Bbm,and I was told by a christian sister that am doing sumtin wrong and that muslim don't serve dsame God with us and don't believe in Jesus who is our lord and saviour etc.Thou I don't see anything wrong in wishing them well. Pls if we have Bible scholars here I would love to hear what u think?

Really now, is yahweh that petty that he is going to punish you for wishing somebody well? I realize that some Muslims feel the same way about Xmas. As an atheist I would say that Yahweh and Allah are quite childish if they get angry over this. Go ahead and wish them happy sallah; I am actually going to a friends house to celebrate and I'm convinced that Muhammad was a 419 guy.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by andyanders: 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2013

I sent text msgs to my Muslim friends that I have their numbers. We should love our friends, brothers and sisters, muslims and any person and show them love despite their religious believe, even our enemies. Only God knows who is worshiping Him. No name of church in heaven.I will still do it again.
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by lanrexlan(m): 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
papa giddy: yeah according to an islamic preacher dat said "wishing Christians merry christmas during christmas is haram so do so too
Does Christmas has a basis in the bible? December 25th is the day Mithra was born.
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by Chuksxp: 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
The initial questions to ask are: What's your view on Allah? Do you believe Christians and Muslims worship the same God? Once you can answer these questions, the question of whether it's ok to wish them a happy celebration would be a piece of cake.

Think of it, if you believe they worship a false god, you wouldn't dare wish them a happy celebration. Do you disagree? Well, if some secret cults had a celebration, would you wish them a happy one?
Re: Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? by inosend: 12:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Mayany: @ Giddy I think wishing muslim happy celebration is a way of promoting peacefull and cordial co existence or is there any where in d Bible that forbids it?
Firstly, I would like you to know that the idea of peace in Islam is an in house thing. There are basically TWO (2) houses in Islam: home of peace -dharul islam, and dharul harb- the house of war. There is no middle ground. Next, the Bible commands christians to preach the gospel to the unbelievers and NOT revel with them in their unbelief. Or don't, you know that the YHWH of the Bible Who inspired John 3:16 is VERY DIFFERENT from the Allah who inspired Suratul Ikhlas which is in direct contradiction to the former? Your wishing them happy salla is akin to telling them to continue in that belief system. The only way you can have TRUE peace , as a non-muslim ,WITH a TRUE muslim is by converting to islam., playing the second fiddle, or DEATH. Any wonder why all terrorists are jihadists(and do be very careful lest some apologists come to give you ONE of the different meanings of jihad).

(1) (Reply)

10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.