Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? (9280 Views)

This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex / Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by mantop7: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2013
My wife takes me for granted especially cos am not too financially bouyant, though am working towards getting mysef out of the mess seriously. She feels so free to deal with her ex boy friends even in my presence by encouraging dem to call her even at home. I have warned her on many occassions to stop that irresponsible nd disrespectful idea bur she wont listen. Now i want to really know how important am i to her by ignoring her totally. I dont want to cheat on her cos am trying to practise true xtianity. Pls intelligent nd experienced nairalanders help me out.
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by Illuminatus(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2013
mantop7: My wife takes me for granted especially cos am not too financially bouyant, though am working towards getting mysef out of the mess seriously. She feels so free to deal with her ex boy friends even in my presence by encouraging dem to call her even at home. I have warned her on many occassions to stop that irresponsible nd disrespectful idea bur she wont listen. Now i want to really know how important am i to her by ignoring her totally. I dont want to cheat on her cos am trying to practise true xtianity. Pls intelligent nd experienced nairalanders help me out.
Ignoring her isn't going to solve this. Based on what you've told us, I can deduce that she would kind of like it if you ignore her. I don't know if it was always like this, but if it wasn't, can you deduce when things changed and what changed things?
What I would suggest is that alter how you treat her. Be complacent. Do the best you can to be a good husband and avoid confrontations that might lead to a fight. Be romantic. Suprise her more often with good gestures. Sometimes, it takes being a follower to be a good leader. Don't become her pet, but don't strive to be her Master either.
Finally, have a talk WITH her. Be calm about it. Ask her what her grievances is and tell her yours, then work towards solving those problems.
If there's any development, I'd like to be abreast. Good luck.
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by tinuolababy(f): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2013
Stay out as late as possible if you have A̶̲̥̅ car aπϑ make sure you eat before going home so you won't have to touch her food. Set ur phone to be ringing every ten minutes aπϑ pretend you are tallking to a woman you just met cheesy Stop calling her sweetie or any pet name you ve given her. Stop staying home on weekends. Her head go correct sharp sharp

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by freeradical(m): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2013
tinuolababy: Stay out as late as possible if you have A̶̲̥̅ car aπϑ make sure you eat before going home so you won't have to touch her food. Set ur phone to be ringing every ten minutes aπϑ pretend you are tallking to a woman you just met cheesy Stop calling her sweetie or any pet name you ve given her. Stop staying home on weekends. Her head go correct sharp sharp
That may just be a big mistake. that will only work if the woman actually has any feelings for him. I dnt thnik she does. She probably just married him because he was financially secure then cos the only thing that changed now in themarriage is that the op just has a dip in his cash inflows.
@ op: Ur predicament is quite serious and as a true xtian you should pray first and foremost about it. I think you should call her for a talk. If after talking to her lovingly she still continues in her erring ways then you have to find a way to stamp your authority as the man of the house. You will be amazed at how effective a very hot slap can reset the human brain grin. That shud be your last resort ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Telling her ex-boyfriends to call her in your home is so disrespectful. Telling them to call her at all is disrespectful to you, period.
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by Illuminatus(m): 11:39am On Oct 15, 2013
I'm against hitting her. Rather, call her relatives and tell them about it and your efforts on mending the marriage.
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by bonna4u(m): 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
@ op, my contribution will be dependent on; if the marriage has yielded a child/children.
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by Awakullowo: 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
She must be ibo, na only money they like. A hot slap Is not too much as someone suggested.
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by deeptesting(m): 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
@OP it could be difficult but from my experience my advice is for you to keep your head down, focus on getting your feet back. Sometimes, once we are financially down we tend to assume all actions of our partners to be respectful and I assume her ex boy friends have been calling her before this to time but it became more apparent to you now that you are broke... Seriously, if you are occupied trying to get your finances back I bet you won't have time for her .... Personally, I have grown thick skin towards issues of this nature and my wife understands that peace will only reign in the house when we both decide to have it ..... You don't have to cheat on her or slap her that will be an abuse and you will surely loose the last respect she has for you....

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by coogar: 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
mantop7: My wife takes me for granted especially cos am not too financially bouyant, though am working towards getting mysef out of the mess seriously. She feels so free to deal with her ex boy friends even in my presence by encouraging dem to call her even at home. I have warned her on many occassions to stop that irresponsible nd disrespectful idea bur she wont listen. Now i want to really know how important am i to her by ignoring her totally. I dont want to cheat on her cos am trying to practise true xtianity. Pls intelligent nd experienced nairalanders help me out.

pack a suitcase & leave the house for a week.....
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
Awakullowo: She must be ibo, na only money they like. A hot slap Is not too much as someone suggested.
Shaaaaarrraaaaappppp there!!!!!!!
Imbe!
Una lv only sex, no wonder abandoned children and miscreants full una area.
As una hate money reach, u will c them giving an 8months baby soaked garri and peanut.
In d morning instead of cooking better food for their children, oya, take 20 naira each and buy akara and soak with garri then after school, collect 50naira and buy mama put.
Check all d looking for my root thread, no be ur bros and sis?
Thank God for free education!

Awuf no de purge una belle!

Ewu gambia!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by 299: 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Awakullowo: She must be ibo, na only money they like. A hot slap Is not too much as someone suggested.
Has your asshawo mother told you who your drunkard father is.....akpa amu!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by here: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
You need to get busy trying to get yourself running as I think you're lazing around the house.Ask me how,if you're busy you wouldnt be around to note all her lousy conversations.
Yes its the case,then you have to atleast make sure you're nt infected with something while she enjoys her free time.Encourage ur family goes for regular checkups and see your results.
You married her but dnt own her.If you said you dnt want a part of her life style and she is finding it hard adjusting,help her and if she still doesnt want move on with better things but lookout for yourself.
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by EnairatofroUK: 10:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
tinuolababy: Stay out as late as possible if you have A̶̲̥̅ car aπϑ make sure you eat before going home so you won't have to touch her food. Set ur phone to be ringing every ten minutes aπϑ pretend you are tallking to a woman you just met cheesy Stop calling her sweetie or any pet name you ve given her. Stop staying home on weekends. Her head go correct sharp sharp

totally agree

also ask her a simple question, DO YOU LOVE??

note her body language and how long it takes her to answer.

from there u will know which way to be heading.

n.b marraige no be do or die affair.
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by Kanwulia: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
You need to ignore her TOTALLY. . .
Nothing pisses off a woman a BROKE-AZZZE husband who cannot take care of his FINANCIAL MESS!
If you love yourself. . .PLEASE, keep that your BROKE BLOKOS in your pant. . . till you have some 'change' to spare!
I have warned you! kiss

You are not in ANY position to assert ANY FORM OF 'MALENESS' right now.

If you try yourself. . . . I am sorry for you!
Those 'boyfriends' are feeding YOU and your children.
Please, show them some respect!

Many thanks! kiss
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by Dlemah: 12:36am On Oct 16, 2013
From d moment a marid woman keeps contact wt her ex bf,dt means shes very very lonely n depressed inside..she nds someone to make her laugh not for sex.....husbands forget to put joy n laughter in d face of their wives just bcz theve marid her already...d point is dt u dont gve her atention n afection...if u do,she wud respect u n d fact dt u earn litle..wiling n ready to go tru wt d chalenges..
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by whiteroses(f): 1:36am On Oct 16, 2013
My ex for don blow me igbaju left and right, ex gini She has to pack her bags or pray with you. You sir, is a very gentle man
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by ladyju(f): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Shaaaaarrraaaaappppp there!!!!!!!
Imbe!
Una lv only sex, no wonder abandoned children and miscreants full una area.
As una hate money reach, u will c them giving an 8months baby soaked garri and peanut.
In d morning instead of cooking better food for their children, oya, take 20 naira each and buy akara and soak with garri then after school, collect 50naira and buy mama put.
Check all d looking for my root thread, no be ur bros and sis?
Thank God for free education!

Awuf no de purge una belle!

Ewu gambia!

Lol
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Simple solution move out of the house
Re: How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? by ediemafio(m): 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bro,did u marry her or did she marry u?that is just impossible..what kind of advices r ppl giving u here,to treat her well,be a bid husband,talk to her my bl.post ads,she see 's u as weak,that's y she has d hits to do that..let me ask if u live in Nigeria,ur silence may be understandable if u live in Europe but if u live in Nigeria,then my advise to u is to b a man and put ur family in order,if u need to get physical do it without remorse..tradition,Christianity,Islamism and common sense forbids such acts,it is just unacceptable..

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant But No Symptoms / Why Carry A Gas Lighter!!!! When Ur Wrist Watch Can Do It!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.