Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

ASUU Strike: Don’t Force Youth To React – Bishop Warns FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: Don’t Force Youth To React – Bishop Warns FG (725 Views)

Nigeria Labour Congress Warns FG - Don’t Increase Price Of Fuel / Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship / Stop Harassing My Wife, Ezekwesili’s Husband Warns FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Don’t Force Youth To React – Bishop Warns FG by oride: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
By Ameh Comrade Godwin
culled from dailypost.com
The Catholic Bishop of Nsukka Diocese, Rt. Rev.
Godfrey Onah, at the weekend,
warned politicians to retrace their steps, as it
would not be possible to quench the anger of
Nigerian youth who may soon run out of patience
over the poor treatment they are getting from
government and their leaders at various levels.
The clergyman stated at the funeral mass
organized for Lolo Josephine Oyima Abba, mother
of the Enugu State Chairman of the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, Engr. Vita Abba at Ede-
Oballa, in Nsukka Council Area of Enugu State.
He warned that such neglect could force the youth
to revolt against their leaders
The Bishop cautioned that it would be difficult to
stop the youth if they were further pushed into
frustration.
He threw posers to both the government and the
Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, on the
reasons behind the over three-month-old industrial
action that has paralyzed academic activities.
He said, “I know that I have
enough persons here and
also hopefully, enough instruments to carry this
message to the ears of the highest echelons of
power in this country.
”The common people, the students and their
parents, whom I represent, do not believe the
explanations the politicians and the academics are
giving for the strike; we don’t believe them and we
are appealing to them in God’s name to remember
we will all end this way (pointing to the dead); let
them end this strike immediately.
”I want to ask a question; it is a question not a
statement. I am asking the leadership of the
country; is it really true that you don’t have
enough money to improve upon the quality of
education in this country or is it that you are
stocking up money in preparation for 2015 in order
to buy your way to power or to secure your future
indefinitely through corruption?”
Re: ASUU Strike: Don’t Force Youth To React – Bishop Warns FG by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
sad angry sad lipsrsealed wink
Re: ASUU Strike: Don’t Force Youth To React – Bishop Warns FG by andresia(m): 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
The problem I have with this speech made by one of the few REAL MOG is that his person

will be brutally attacked by the foul tempered PDP internet cockraoches undecided undecided

Where else to make this speech than were the PDP vultures converged together, kudos Bishop!

If it were other god of men having such attendance, trust the the type of glib speech they will give to garner some money for their pocket
Re: ASUU Strike: Don’t Force Youth To React – Bishop Warns FG by hahket: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
FP TINZ SHARP SHARP
Re: ASUU Strike: Don’t Force Youth To React – Bishop Warns FG by 6cence: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
Indeed sir, This is are questions that need an immediate answers. Long live bishop. I wish their are many more like you to call a spade, aspade!!!

(1) (Reply)

Press Release:the Truth About Government Position On ASUU Strike / Al-mustapha’s Southern Kaduna Allies And The Verdict Of History / Another BOMBSHELL On The 'ODUAH' Saga: She Bought Six Armoured Cars And Not Two.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.