Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship (2443 Views)

Ijaw Youths Warn FG Against Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest / Setup A Negotiation Team Before August 1st - Edwin Clark Warns FG / Release Ubah Or Face Our Wrath, IPOB Warns FG, DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by flyingsnail(f): 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship

By Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos
Igbo Think Tank, Aka Ikenga on Wednesday said the federal government should desist from acts capable of overheating the polity over the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, the Director of Radio Biafra.
While throwing its weight behind the operation of the radio station, President of the group, Goddy Uwazurike in a chat with Daily Independent, said the federal government through its action wants to suppress freedom of information while hiding under the guise of fighting secession.
He said it was the same path the late dictator, Sani Abacha threaded when he tried unsuccessfully to stop Radio Kudirat from operating in the days of NADECO political struggle against military dictatorship.
According to Uwazurike “I think the federal government should draw a line between suppression of opinion and fighting what it perceived as secession. Freedom to hold views different from government’s own and freedom to disseminate such views and receive information are fundamental human rights”.
” In the world over, anyone arresting people for operating radio and news media has always ended up being the loser because the world is in favour of protection of Freedom of Information, and not its restriction”.
“We therefore, are saying that the federal government is overheating the polity with the arrest of its Director, Nnamdi Kanu. In the South East, the major problem there is not Radio Biafra but preponderance of kidnappers and inability of the security agencies to curtail their activities”.
” We don’t see Radio Biafra as a threat to the peace, unity and security of Nigeria. Radio Kudirat operated here for years. The then government of late Sani Abacha went after them and we all condemned it. So, why won’t we condemn those going after Radio Biafra? Wole Soyinka was in charge of Radio Kudirat with Kayode Fayemi”.
“So if today, Fayemi is a Minister in the government that is trying to suppress Radio Biafra, it just doesn’t make sense. We are saying they should let Radio Biafra be and stop the persecution of Nnamdi Kanu. It doesn’t make sense” he said.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/10/aka-ikenga-backs-radio-biafra-warns-fg-against-dictatorship/

19 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by nairalandmaster(f): 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
such post usually makes me speechless. no matter how fast i think my brain boot, such post gets it nagging.
Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by SSPX(m): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
a zoo is a zoo I need a country

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by Chanchit: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
Though, this is the first time I'm ever hearing of radio Kudira,but I'm sure they can't be as wreckless as Radio Biafra. The only way you can talk the way Kanu talks on radio Biafra is when you have the power of ISIS not when you no get dagger.

8 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by Deltagiant: 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good one from Goddy Uwazuruike...The whole thing is laughable cos this is an idea whose time has come.

1 Like

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by FreeGlobe(f): 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Cc.. lalasticlala

Haters eat your hearts out!!!! Radio Biafra is now official, just like BBC Hausa and Radio Kudirat

10 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by EasternLeopard: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
I hope the slaves down south understand cheesy

God bless Biafra. cool

8 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by nnachukz(m): 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nnamdi kanu just wants to be popular.

1 Like

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by ezeagu(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
Man.

1 Like

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
biafra we want
we are tired
this sh1t of a country is moving backward

4 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by xmich(m): 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
I hope the dictator can here that

1 Like

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by EasternLionn: 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
nnachukz:
Nnamdi kanu just wants to be popular.

Dullardinno made him one.

4 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by athaboi(f): 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
History shall one day be made, if not today tomorrow! Biafra Freedom! Freedom!! freedom!!!
Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by DaBullIT(m): 6:39am On Oct 22, 2015
Dictatorship defined as a country, government, or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator. 2. absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control

I guess the dictators are the DSS agents who arrested him,

The other dictator is the court of law that granted him bail (which he failed to meet the condition)

Some people self

2 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by Menace2Society(m): 6:42am On Oct 22, 2015
Illiterates everywhere grin IPOB what a joke

3 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 22, 2015
oya o. food don ready.
Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by QuotaSystem: 7:05am On Oct 22, 2015
You mention unlicensed pirate radio stations and then add BBC Hausa owned by the British Broadcasting Corporation and licensed by the Queen of England to give them a glimmer of credibility. Why didn't you add Voice Of America Hausa and Deutsche Welle grin?

These secessionists will really do anything to hoodwink themselves grin grin

FreeGlobe:
Cc.. lalasticlala

Haters eat your hearts out!!!! Radio Biafra is now official, just like BBC Hausa and Radio Kudirat

2 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by ArodeTsolaye: 7:06am On Oct 22, 2015
I dey laugh the zoo.
Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by ArodeTsolaye: 7:08am On Oct 22, 2015
QuotaSystem:
You mention unlicensed pirate radio stations and then add BBC Hausa owned by the British Broadcasting Corporation and licensed by the Queen of England to give them a glimmer of credibility. Why didn't you add Voice Of America Hausa and Deutsche Welle grin?

These secessionist will really do anything to hoodwink themselves grin grin

abookina, Radio Biafra is licenced in the UK, why did you skip that?

6 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by FKO81(m): 7:12am On Oct 22, 2015
DaBullIT:
Dictatorship defined as a country, government, or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator. 2. absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control

I guess the dictators are the DSS agents who arrested him,

The other dictator is the court of law that granted him bail (which he failed to meet the condition)

Some people self
Yoruba fools Jumping from one thead to another, I thought you guys are shouting Igbos should go back to their poverty land, grin Why not support their struggle, hypocritical animals. Just know this, once Igbos are in Nigeria they will always dominate, southwestern governors, Obas and Dejis can't subdue them, highest you fools will do to make noise on media, If you want to be free in Lag and control all your states resources support their course not jumping from one thread to another. Ndi are

4 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by QuotaSystem: 7:25am On Oct 22, 2015
This correction is so impressionable minds might not be misled:

1. Radio Biafra is not licensed in the UK and it does not do terrestrial broadcasts in the UK like it does in Nigeria. The fact that the station can be streamed online anywhere does not mean it is licensed everywhere.

2. Radio Biafra is not licensed in Nigeria either where it broadcasts illegally.

3. Radio Biafra is a PIRATE radio station which criminally hops on the frequencies of licensed radio stations; daylight robbery.

So the Ndigbo Think Tank are endorsing criminality; who's surprised? grin

ArodeTsolaye:

abookina, Radio Biafra is licenced in the UK, why did you skip that?

2 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by chosen04(f): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2015
QuotaSystem:

1. Radio Biafra is not licensed in the UK and it does not do terrestrial broadcasts in the UK like it does in Nigeria. The fact that the station can be streamed online anywhere does not mean it is licensed everywhere.

2. Radio Biafra is not licensed in Nigeria either where it broadcasts illegally.

3. Radio Biafra is a PIRATE radio station which criminally hops on the frequencies of licensed radio stations; daylight robbery.

IS BBC, VOA etc registered in niGERia? Their registration in UK covers them to broadcast all over.... Ditto for Radio Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by ArodeTsolaye: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Abooki Malo, your cow is more intelligent than you. Radio Biafra pays taxes to the British government. You want us to believe that the British government is unaware of it's operation.
Why do always assume that everyone mut be a cow to make sense to you.

1 Like

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by QuotaSystem: 7:52am On Oct 22, 2015
No. Not really.

The BBC world service is licensed to broadcast in Nigeria and in every country it broadcasts, and pays for such licenses regularly.

RB's (questionable) registration is not a license and where it is registered, it is as a company and not as a broadcasting station otherwise it must have a license to operate legally.

chosen04:
IS BBC, VOA etc registered in niGERia? Their registration in UK covers them to broadcast all over.... Ditto for Radio Biafra

1 Like

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by ikechu1278: 8:00am On Oct 22, 2015
The funny thing about this thread...the Aka ikenga is actually an ika group. They are the ones that started it. It's actually their main group if my memory serves me right grin grin grin grin grin

The thing I love about nnamdi kanu's arrest it seems to be busting every division tactics yoloba and their hausa/Fulani tried on this forum.

Watch, they'll soon tell you these aka ikenga must be Anambra members in Aka ikenga grin

Honestly, I'm actually shocked. Aka ikenga never used to call themselves Igbo social group. They maintained the ika identity. I've been reading their new statements lately and it looks like they are now calling themselves Igbo social group. Interesting!!!! It looks like IPOB and Nnamdi is opening more ppl eyes than I thought.

2 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by ikechu1278: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2015
QuotaSystem:

grin grin
Your cows are smarter than you. Choi!!
Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by QuotaSystem: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2015
ikechu1278:

grin grin
Your cows are smarter than you. Choi!!

Yes, but that means they're also smarter than you since I can spell correctly tongue

ikechu1278:

Our stanch on the matter stays. Our people protest stays. If una no like am, na una sabi

3 Likes

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by patrick89(m): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2015
For the first time I'm seeing our leaders making sense!
Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by Goke7: 8:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Radio kudirat was formed to fight against the Miltary for the June 12 election annulment which had brought the nation to its knees then, It was not a separatist thing so what is aka ikenga talking about, abeg they should find another excuse and stop using radio kudirat to defend the separatist radio biafra station. its a silly excuse using radio kudirat. I thought the SE believe they are more smarter than the SW. lol

1 Like

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by chosen04(f): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2015
Goke7:
Radio kudirat was formed to fight against the Miltary for the June 12 election annulment which had brought the nation to its knees then, It was not a separatist thing so what is aka ikenga talking about, abeg they should find another excuse and stop using radio kudirat to defend the separatist radio biafra station. its a silly excuse using radio kudirat. I thought the SE believe they are more smarter than the SW. lol
Did the South West not threat secession then and used Radio Kudirat to promote their secession threat? Am sure you were very young then....

1 Like

Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by chosen04(f): 8:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
chosen04:
Did the South West not threat secession then and used Radio Kudirat to promote their secession threat? Am sure you were very young then....
Radio Kudirat called for secession.
Re: Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship by owobokiri(m): 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
Chanchit:
Though, this is the first time I'm ever hearing of radio Kudira,but I'm sure they can't be as wreckless as Radio Biafra. The only way you can talk the way Kanu talks on radio Biafra is when you have the power of ISIS not when you no get dagger.

This is the first time you are hearing of Radio kudirat? Just imagine.. That means you are totally ignorant of Nigeias recent political history yet you jump up and down all over the place trying to pontificate on serious political issues? You badly need to get back to your history class..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Impeachable Offence! / Budget Padding: Photos Of Jibrin's Convoy Arrive At D SSS Headquarters In Abuja / Lady Reply Pmb With This Twit (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.