Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. (13829 Views)

Our Institutions; The Supposed Epitome Of Learning / Missing Or Is It Rapture? / Five Hours Before Rapture- A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
As I drove into the premises of the All Saint Gospel Church Agege Branch, I was thinking about the company I left in care of my workers, I don't trust those workers any bit. Well, I can't be blamed, Trust, they say is earned. My workers actually earned distrust as a result of the shady business I had caught them involving themselves in. Well, they learnt it all from me, but in business, A thief is the person caught stealing.

As I taxied my Prado Jeep along the parkway of the Church, I looked at the leather strapped wrist watch that sat comfortably on my wrist to checked the time, the positions of the long and short fingers of the watch made me know I was 25 minutes late for the Elder's meeting that was been held in the church. I thought of the lie I could use, I couldn't find any because I was still thinking about my workers, I was sure I would figure out wat to say.

I parked the car in driveway. And I got down from the and moved towards the entrance of the Church. I entered the church, I met the three other elders of the church, the Pastor, and the presiding elder.
"Elder Alade, why are you late?" the Pastor asked with concerned written all over his face as I moved closer to the point where they all sat down.
" I am sorry, I was held down by Traffic jam" I lied without remorse. I looked around finding where to seat, I saw an empty white plastic chair, I moved closer to it as I heard the presiding elder say something, but I couldn't hear what he said clearly, something like money was mentioned, I dusted the chair with my handkerchief and sat down to listen to the conversation going on, it looked like an arguement to me.

"Why should we expand the church when the recent building capacity is sometimes not filled up" Elder Taiwo said, he was sitting on my right, while the Pastor was at his own right. We are five in numbers in the meeting,
"We are dreaming big, so we should prepare big, the last time we had our convention we had to rent canopies so as to accomodate our congregations and visitors, lets build and expand so that our church can attract more prominent people" Elder Igwe said. He was next in line to the Presiding Elder. Elders in this ministry have their hierarchy, The Presiding Elder to Elder Igwe next is Elder Taiwo then to the ever silent Elder Bola. I was the last on the line, the hierarchy was based on when you were ordained into the Eldershood.
"Before we continue this arguements, why don't we pray for God's guidance in this quest" the Pastor said as he stood up, we all stood up.

"Lets pray for God's guidance, we need it for our every day life and we need it now more lets pray." We all started praying. After about fifteen minutes someone tapped me, I opened my eyes to see who tapped me, only for me to see Elder Taiwo looking at me with confusion and fear in his eyes, he pointed at where Elder Bola stood. I looked at the directing of his hands to check what was wrong with Elder Bola only to see nothing but his trousers, shirt, and shoes on the floor. I looked at the pastors but he was still in his praying mode as his eyes was closed. There was only one explanations, which was Rapture, i thought. RAPTURE my mind went back to that one word. RAPTURE! RAPTURE!! RAPTURE!!! I screamed in my head.

I had missed rapture, I had missed heaven, I am a condemned soul. But how, how did I missed rapture, I am an Elder in the church, I built a foundation that helps in feeding the poor, help the destitute. What had i really done wrong.

As if the presiding Elder read my thought, he tapped the Pastor and said "I think Rapture has taken Elder Bola o, what are we going to do" " I said it, rapture has occured and Elder Bola has a clean faith" I exclaimed.
"Ha Pastor, let me confess my sins, maybe God will have mercy on me and make see Jesus" Elder taiwo said as he went on his knees. "Ehn ehn?" The Pastor raised his eyebrows shocked "I am a fornicator, I had sex with several ladies in my workplace, even in the church, I had made many ladies go astray" Elder Taiwo confessed. He went on and on, on how he had wrong the scriptures.

8 Likes

Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Ollyfad(f): 7:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
Y did u av 2 stp hear na,dis story promises 2 b ribcrackin.kum nd cntinue ooo,i wnt 2 knw ow many days it wil tak u 2 finish countin ur sins
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ollyfad: Y did u av 2 stp hear na,dis story promises 2 b ribcrackin.kum nd cntinue ooo,i wnt 2 knw ow many days it wil tak u 2 finish countin ur sins
hahahaha, my one and only sister, thanks 4 following again. This is a short story. The two next update which will be tomorrow will end it.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
"When the church sent me to visit the Pastor of Abuja branch and help him in settling some issues, The former head Usher was sent with me. I made her lay with me, though she objected, but i persuaded her, that single act made her leave the church, many other women in the church have fallen victim of my sweet tongue, some couldn't stay with of and they fled the church " Elder Taiwo continued confessing with fear and regret all around him.
"Ha, Elder Taiwo, why did you allow the devil to use you? Why did you allow the devil to deprive you of eternal Glory" Pastor Amos exclaimed. If Elder Taiwo can be condemned for that small thing, what will he do to me when I tell him my own, I thought. "Pastor....." I managed to say but was cut short by the Presiding Elder.
" Don't condemn him yet pastor, please if I can make heaven by confessing my sins, let me quickly do that" Presiding Elder uttered as he fell to the floor, he knelt down and started his own confession.
"I have multiple wives outside marriage" he dropped the bomb. " But why na, isn't your wife enough for you?" Pastor queried as he also fell not to the floor but into his chair. If his chair was plastic like our's, am sure the chair would have been broken to pieces due to his weight . "Ah, she is enough, but I can't resist the urge, and not only that o" he said, " What again!!" Pastor exclaimed with his eyes wide opened looking intently at the Presiding Elder. By now, the auditorium was filled wailings of three grown up men, Elder Taiwo was leading the group as his voice was the loudest, Presiding Elder was closely behind as his voice almost marched Taiwo's while mine was seriously lagging behind, as I was thinking of the criticism am going to get from the Pastor as he has been criticising the people that their offence is not even up to half of mine, "ermm," he hesistated but eventually said "I am also fetish, I use other thing from Sango to boost my company" he exploded another bomb. There was silence in the church auditorium. The corner of my eyes caught Elder Taiwo as he moved abit away from him. ha, this man is also hot o, going all fetish I thought inside of me.
" Fetish? You bowed for other gods apart from the one and only God?" Pastor shouted at him "No, not plenty gods, but only Ogun" he answered stupidly. "Pastor, before you criticise him, I am the worst of all three" I cut in, " you too" Pastor whispered, he placed his two hands on his head. "I am not just an evil man, I am evil myself, I belong to two evil cult" I paused and looked at Elder Taiwo, he seems like he is going to run mad or away as the the look on his face was priceless, even the pastor shifted his chair backward as his eyes that was closing little by little due to d effect of his trusted Elders confessing to things that should be heard sprang opened. I continued nevertheless, "we are all doomed already, as the trumpet as sounded and the righteous have been taken, there is no need to criticise us again as you are also in the same train as us" I said facing the pastor, the look on the pastor shows unbelief, but I couldn't care, I just continued my confessing as the tears descending from my eyes before had suddenly dried up. My shaking voice has also became stable. " I duped alot of people, I even duped myself, I fused the church, I am greedy, I am a ritualist and a rapist, I don't see reason in going to details because I can't wait to hear the pastor's confession" tired pairs of eyes immediately stared coldly at me, I guessed they were angry at utterance, or maybe it was my boldness that startled them, I don't know. Two pairs of eyes left me and settled themselves on the Pastor waiting for his confession but the Pastor's lips were only moving as no words left it. Maybe he was praying or speaking in tongues I thought. I was happy because nobody criticise me and it seems like I was in control as the other Elders were now looking at the floor. I was already thinking on how to control the Nigerian part of Hell.

5 Likes

Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by ERF: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
What is the meaning of this suspense na?

My boss I'm on my knees oh, come an continue...
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
"Pastor we are waiting for..." my mouth seized and every part my body freezed including my heart as a result shock, I was looking over the shoulder of the pastor. The pastor felt that my eyes was far from looking at him because we had been staring at each other, he traced my eyes and he saw what made me shocked. Coming from the door at the far end of the auditorium was Elder Bola. He was clothed in his boxers, singlet and his socks. "Where have you been Elder Bola?" the pastor screamed. The other two elders looked up and saw the Elder walking towards us. Their face was filled with shame of what they had confessed, happiness that they didn't miss Rapture eventually. But my mind was filled with one thing and one thing alone, listen to what happened to Elder Bola and flee this place to never come back. "I am sorry, I sacred you" He said as he finally got to our place. "I was having a very strong stomach ache" he explained. "why did you remove your clothes then?" I thundered angrilly at him, he was alerted. The pastor wanted to say something but Elder Bola had started talking before he got his chance, " I had this burning sensation from the inside of me that made me off my clothes for more access to air but later I found out that it was serious stomach ache so I rushed to the toilet" he said indifferently and he sat down. "why are you guys crying na? What happened" he asked with concern. " are you just seeing them?" I shouted at him and I picked my keys and rushed out in shame. "what is wrong with him?" I heard Elder Bola asked. I know the the Pastor will explain everything to him, if someone had told me that this is what I am going to face her, I wouldn't have bothered to squeeze time out of my busy schedule to be here. But nobody told of so the best option for of now s to get out. I rushed out of the auditorium without looking back.

THE END

18 Likes

Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
WRITER'S NOTE

Many talks have been going around about RAPTURE. RAPTURE won't tell anybody when it is coming. Its going to come like a thief in the night. Even the tiny mistake on our part can make us miss the Kingdom. Every block that can hinder our passage into the Kingdom of God, we should remove then all. We all have to be prepared.

THANKS TO EVERY BODY THAT ARE GOING TO BE READING THIS STORY.

Thanks to OLLYFAD.

12 Likes

Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Aghagba(f): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
I pray 2 make heaven,nd also d gud writer

1 Like

Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by sambroose(m): 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Damex419 the spiritual man
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Ollyfad(f): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
Y d pastor no talk im own na,nyc story.go nd cntinue d link o
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Ollyfad(f): 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
I yaff abandond dat email o,kindly p.m me wit dis 1 fadipe_olamide@yahoo.com.@damex
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ollyfad: I yaff abandond dat email o,kindly p.m me wit dis 1 fadipe_olamide@yahoo.com.@damex
thanks olly, but d pastor s innocent o.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 18, 2013
♥̸̨̨͡DΌ̲̣̣̣̥Я̩̥̊Ό̲̣̣̣̥♥̸̨͡ w̨w!..
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by BARRISTERDAN(m): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2013
That was a nice one. You would make a good suspense writer. I never had a break till i finished it. You cut the story at the right places and your punctuation was also good. I look forward to reading your novel on hard copy. Keep writing. I pray i will make the rapture cos present sins are too much.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:18am On Oct 18, 2013
A great piece bro! I say a big welldone 2u.... A great suspense..
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
Suspense-filled and interesting... More ink to your golden pen...You're speaking the reality here
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by VanTee20(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Now this is far more than I expected. This piece is amazingly terrific. Thumbs up Bro smiley smiley

Mods front page please.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
Leebliss13: ♥̸̨̨͡DΌ̲̣̣̣̥Я̩̥̊Ό̲̣̣̣̥♥̸̨͡ w̨w!..
thanks even though i can't read it but i can see the love sign.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
BARRISTER DAN: That was a nice one. You would make a good suspense writer. I never had a break till i finished it. You cut the story at the right places and your punctuation was also good. I look forward to reading your novel on hard copy. Keep writing. I pray i will make the rapture cos present sins are too much.
thanks boss, your comment lite up my heart
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
Temitope Daniel: A great piece bro! I say a big welldone 2u.... A great suspense..
thanks bro, thanks g reading 2ru
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Suspense-filled and interesting... More ink to your golden pen...You're speaking the reality here
oh, the sammy cutlass hoe was here, Thanks 4 reading.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
VanTee20: Now this is far more than I expected. This piece is amazingly terrific. Thumbs up Bro smiley smiley

Mods front page please.
wow, oga van, thanks 4 d complement. And you know na. Writers can't endorse themself, you can help me endorse it.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Tex make sure you drop ur comment o, don't go without commenting here o
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by texanomaly(f): 1:08am On Oct 19, 2013
I haven't read it yet. I was going to comment after reading. I promise I will have read it by tomorrow.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by FoxyFlow(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2013
Damex... I don see the story... I go read am later!!
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by sambroose(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2013
Foxy_Flow: Damex... I don see the story... I go read am later!!
why you come comment
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2013
sambroose: why you come comment
e remain kekere make i ask o.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Kslib(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2013
heheh!! Nice twist.

The twist was brilliant.. Nice once dammex.
All izz well!
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by texanomaly(f): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
I told you I would come read it today.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha!
Nice!

It would be interesting to see this synario play out in real life.

*looks around and whispers* Let's try it and see what happens.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
texanomaly: I told you I would come read it today.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha!
Nice!

It would be interesting to see this synario play out in real life.

*looks around and whispers* Let's try it and she what happens.

thanks, *whispers back* oya lets call van and stan.
Re: The Supposed Rapture- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
Kslib: heheh!! Nice twist.

The twist was brilliant.. Nice once dammex.
All izz well!
wow, thanks to the "all izz well!" man. Thanks 4 reading.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? / My Islamic Short Stories / Boredom Made Me Do It (A Lesbian Story).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.