Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo (2873 Views)

Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo / The Mistake Tinubu Made In The APC Marriage – Adebanjo - From Vanguard / Politics Of Development. And Underdevelopment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo by Onlytruth(m): 6:29am On Oct 17, 2013
cjrane: Yorubas are full of deceit and cannot be trusted.
Those who dared to trust them are either all dead or are living severe regret of the perils of trusting a yorubaman.
I think Igbos have painfully realized the true nature of a yoruba is deceit.

Yoruba does not care if they harm themselves as long as Igbo is hurt.Tambuwal is speaker today instead of a Yoruba man because yoruba will rather scheme to make Igbo secretary to the federation rather than senate President agreed before the election.

Therefore,I think yoruba should help north to rule Nigeria for 200 years and after GEJ in 2019, Igbos should also help the north do whatever it likes with Nigeria.Until such a time yoruba will come to their senses that they actually gain nothing by being so anti Igbo. If that is what it takes to bring yoruba to reason again like sensible people. Even the British and the Germans at some point realized they had more to gain by cooperation than war

You'd think that the oppression they suffered under Hausa/Fulani rule which culminated in Abiola (man and wife) deaths, and other humiliating events during those years would have thought them to think twice.
My brother the truth is that they FEEL closer to Hausa/Fulani than they feel for other groups in Nigeria, particularly fellow southerners.

I can see them staying in the same country and serving Hausa/Fulani up to 1000 years, but I can't see any other group in the south doing anything remotely same. I don't even see middle belters doing it.

That is the TRUTH about Yoruba and Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo by softwareman(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2013
lygn19: Dz yoruba's keep living in falsehood and lies, well I don't blame them that's der nature,,,
The only reason y d Biafran Army ever ventured into the southwest wz because of Lagos which was Nigeria's capital as at then, I heard dat as at then they had info that GOWON was der.
Y d hausa/fulani fellows, one thing I ve for u is that ur time shall come, 4 soldiers planned a coup, and coincidentially the soldiers were from d south, u ppl killed d soldiers dat initiated d coup, after u finished killing dem, u ventured into the ordinary soldiers dat had nothing to do with d coup,when u were don't, u went to the civilian population that had no business with military,nor govt, when they left and went back to there region, u ppl started planning on attacking them in there region,,,the leaders went to ghana made a conference and agreed on how d country was to be run, ur leaders came back from ghana and made a U-turn, d Igbo leaders declared BIAFRA, war started, u said they must come back to one Nigeria,,, d one's that said they don't agree with Biafra dat stayed in Nigeria u located them and killed them, the ones that fleed and joined Biafra u did the same too... Even Asaba that was not part of Biafra, u went to the City, lined up every male dat wz above 10years and shut them... When Biafra wz declared defunct by Philip effiong, d Igbo's came back,just for u ppl to seize all der money, der properties, etc, for 20pounds...lol''' ppl don't know y when this northerners threaten we Igbo's we keep laughing,its other southern tribes they can threaten and they shiver, because there is nothing this northerners want to do to us that we haven't experienced b4,,, and do u knw one special thing, this story reminds me of d Isrealites in Egypt. GOD is wiser than Men.
The same reason they attacked the mid west too? Very funny after thought excuses!
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2013
Slizbeat: If they would stand up against the North for a Southern president(Be it Yoruba, Igbo or Ijaw e.t.c) until 40 years time or agree to peaceful succession, then they have our backing. It's high time we all fight for a single course.
Who fought for Jonathan to become President when Turai made him the Head cook in charge of Tuwo Chinkanfa, Akpu and Eba when Yar'Adua was missing in action? Name one Igbo leader that lent his voice to the struggle! Maybe the Yorubas just choose not to be myopic, self-centered of infinitely dumb to acquiesce to your ignorant suggestion up there of not letting a Northerner rule because of your tribalism eroded mind. So, if theres a Northerner as brilliant as Obama you'll still vote GEJ over him?

Igbos and Hausas are the biggest problem in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo by softwareman(m): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2013
Onlytruth:

You'd think that the oppression they suffered under Hausa/Fulani rule which culminated in Abiola (man and wife) deaths, and other humiliating events during those years would have thought them to think twice.
My brother the truth is that they FEEL closer to Hausa/Fulani than they feel for other groups in Nigeria, particularly fellow southerners.

I can see them staying in the same country and serving Hausa/Fulani up to 1000 years, but I can't see any other group in the south doing anything remotely same. I don't even see middle belters doing it.

That is the TRUTH about Yoruba and Nigeria.
I find it quite interesting that IGBOS are suddenly taking the position that an alliance with the north is a bad thing. I suppose it was not bad when NCNC allied with NPC in the first republic. There was nothing wrong with it when AZIKWE's npp allied with npn in the second republic and when majority of IGBOS were in the nrc in the third republic. Now that there is an alliance between the west and north we are having all these mindless unsocilicitated advise that northerners are evil. What a bunch of shameless hypocrites! Why don't have your own alliance while we have ours.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

What were the Northerners doing in yoruba territory?

We were looking for those you were hiding in your territory.

Then they beat you back and started searching for those hiding in YOUR territory. Then the Head Honcho fled in the middle of the night, crushing two innocent girls to death in the process all because he wanted to load up his Mercedes Benz on the trip to Abidjan.

P.S: See the road your big mouth led you down?
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo by leofab(f): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2013
To get further enlightened, just help me Google the word 'Yorubas are' and i guess the whole scenario will be self explanatory....
Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2013
kingoflag:

Then they beat you back and started searching for those hiding in YOUR territory. Then the Head Honcho fled in the middle of the night, crushing two innocent girls to death in the process all because he wanted to load up his Mercedes Benz on the trip to Abidjan.

P.S: See the road your big mouth led you down?

Hahaha. I had to laugh at this. Did you read that in Concord Newspaper?

Cautiously you said, "they" beat us back. I would have loved to know who those "they" are. The British, Russian, Arab League coalition? Hehehe.

You should have stood up and fought like men instead of hiring mercenaries to fight your wars. See cowards talking. I still have videos of captured yoruba soldiers crying for their lives and praying that Biafra will live in the name of jesus. Wonder when your last words are praying for your enemies before they waste you. Only Yorubas! Hausa and middle belt soldiers didn't.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Hahaha. I had to laugh at this. Did you read that in Concord Newspaper?

Cautiously you said, "they" beat us back. I would have loved to know who those "they" are. The British, Russian, Arab League coalition? Hehehe.

You should have stood up and fought like men instead of hiring mercenaries to fight your wars. See cowards talking. I still have videos of captured yoruba soldiers crying for their lives and praying that Biafra will live in the name of jesus. Wonder when your last words are praying for your enemies before they waste you. Only Yorubas! Hausa and middle belt soldiers didn't.

Who is "You"?! Did I tell you I was Yoruba? Oh, yeah, I get it....bigotry and tribalism has turned your brain to mush

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Politicians Plan To Cover Up After RIGGING A LG Election In Edo State(video) / Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? / Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.