Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu (2224 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo / BREAKING NEWS: NANS Backs Jonathan’s Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by PrettyRita(f): 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tunde Bakare backs Jonathan on national conference, tackles Tinubu
Ayo Okulaja and Nicholas Ibekwe - 1 hour agoNATIONAL, NEWS

Mr. Bakare, “Nigerians have wept and prayed, marched and protested, the time has now come for us to take our destiny in our hand and we must get set to rebuild and reconstruct from region to region.”
Convener of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Tunde Bakare, has welcomed the proposed national conference with some level of caution but warned that if the nation does not talk before the next general elections, the country might cease to exist.
The pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly gave this remark at the launch and maiden lecture of the Centre for Change in Lagos on Tuesday, where he noted that Nigeria should be a model for not only Africa but the black race.
Mr Bakare who is a stunch critic of President Goodluck Jonathan, subtly endorsed the planned conference at the event which had the theme; retriving the soul of a country in ruins.
The former Vice Presidential aspirant, who noted that the amalgamation of the country was not a mistake and that the things that unite the country and more than those dividing it, said “that is why we must all reason together when we have the chance to talk” adding that “and we must walk the talk.”
Without mentioning his name, Pastor Bakare subtly criticised the national leader of the All Progressive Change (APC),Bola Tinubu, for his stance in opposing the planned national conference.
Referring to the former governor of Lagos state, Pastor Bakare inferred that ”those that have being campaigning for the national conference in the past are now campaigning against it because tables have turned and they have benefitted from the public treasury.”
“If we do not talk before the 2015 elections, we can just kiss Nigeria goodbye,” the clergy predicted.
Mr. Tinubu has repeatedly expressed his objection to the national conference, describing it as a diversion and ill-timed, with about 15 months to the next elections.
According to Mr. Bakare, ”Nigerians have wept and prayed, marched and protested, the time has now come for us to take our destiny in our hand and we must get set to rebuild and reconstruct from region to region.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146714-tunde-bakare-backs-jonathan-national-conference-tackles-tinubu.html

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bakare should know the different between NC and SNC. No one clamoured for NC before. SNC is what Nigerians have been calling for. Tinube has always called for SNC; not NC.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by paschalndidi(m): 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
This is very interesting coming from pastor Bakare a strong opposition of Goodluck's administration

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by UyiIredia(m): 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Big lie. I was at the Center For Change's lecture throughout and he never mentioned Jonathan. I have a recording of the whole lecture. I might post his opening comments. This news is false. What I can confirm is he made some comments on the conference, the same of Prof. Sagay and Prof Pius who adopted a stance of cautious optimism.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by PrettyRita(f): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Big lie. I was at the Center For Change's lecture throughout and he never mentioned Jonathan. I have a recording of the whole lecture. I might post his opening comments. This news is false. What I can confirm is he made some comments on the conference, the same of Prof. Sagay and Prof Pius who adopted a stance of cautious optimism.

What u read are quoted speeches, I wonder where u got ur porported recordings from. Moreover, uplooad it if u can.

Premiumtimes is one of d ardent critics of Gej, yet they covered and reported Bakare's speech and u r here peddling lies.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by DATMAT(m): 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
What we need is SNC where we can tackle issue that has to do with our existence as a nation not constitution amendment , we tired of people claiming to be representing us symphony our resources to their private gain, imagine at the federal level we have federal character, tribalism,ethnicity,religion bigotry,egocentric leader has always be our bane to development and growth.@datmat4u
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by gistyinka(m): 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
That is good ideal from pastor tunde.. the likes of tinubu are playing politics in this nation. for the past 3 moths now ASSU have been on strike but the opposition party did not say any thing to this issue.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by UyiIredia(m): 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
I hope this doesn't make FP because I was there I know the headline is false abd the story makes wrong inferences from what Pastor Bakare said. For instance, his call to march was simply that and is morr reasonably seen in context of all he said in the conference as a call to all Nigerians to contribite their part to national development. Unfortunately I can't post my proof. I don't have an audio clipper on my tab and the audio file is large 500MB for over 4 hrs of speech, the record quality I used was the highest, ogg not amr.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by UyiIredia(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
PrettyRita:

What u read are quoted speeches, I wonder where u got ur porported recordings from. Moreover, uplooad it if u can.

Premiumtimes is one of d ardent critics of Gej, yet they covered and reported Bakare's speech and u r here peddling lies.

The quoted speeches I personally verify as TRUE but the suggestion from Premium is wrong. He did not 'subtly tackle' Tinubu or back Jonathan. Please do tell how you can get such wild conclusion from the quoted speeches. I will use my BB to record my playback of part of his speech. I hope you can hear it, it's arecording of a revording. Coming up.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by ALTRUTH(m): 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
Who still takes dat hopeless, useless nd frustrated asiwajuju jagajaga borgu, bola ahmed Tinubu (bat) d frog-eyed creature of d night seriously

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by UyiIredia(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
The part where Pastor Bakare talked on the NC. My proof. I hope it's clear.

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by ALTRUTH(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
asiwaJUJU has really charmed yorubas to a point where they cannot free themselves frm zombie-style follow follow nd slave mentality. To these zombies, anything dat asiwajuju says is ryte; dey hav lost their ability to reason well.

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by UyiIredia(m): 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
ALTRUTH: Who still takes dat hopeless, useless nd frustrated asiwajuju jagajaga borgu, bola ahmed Tinubu (bat) d frog-eyed creature of d night seriously

Why you dey beef Tinubu ? D guy dey alright joor.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by cashkid18(m): 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
gud to hear dt.at least,yerobas stil hv reasonable pple n nt d likes of ffk n Tinubu
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by ALTRUTH(m): 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
O my yoruba brothers $ sisters, pls note dat ur master asiwajuju jagajaga borgu is taking orders frm his master Buhari! Set urselves free frm slavery now!

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by UyiIredia(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Funny lady, this PrettyRita, I told her I was at the lecture itself. The IV was given on a first-come, first serve basis to interested members. I used my tablet to record the proceedings. Since they used sufficiently-loud loudspeakers, I could easily record from my seat upfront.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by ALTRUTH(m): 1:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
cashkid18: gud to hear dt.at least,yerobas stil hv reasonable pple n nt d likes of ffk n Tinubu

Well, okay, if u say so sha.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by ALTRUTH(m): 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Why you dey beef Tinubu ? D guy dey alright joor.

Unfortunately, asiwajuju's jazz has enslaved u, pls visit d nearest deliverance minister.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by UyiIredia(m): 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Unfortunately, asiwajuju's jazz has enslaved u, pls visit d nearest deliverance minister.

It hasn't. My own is what is ya beef with Tinubu ? Lemme know whether your a just a hater or have geniune reasons. He isn't holy I know but As far as I know he's okay.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by ballabriggs: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
Pastor Bakare you be correct man. However on this one I no gree.

That President Jonadunce says the outcome of the conference will be sent to the National Assembly as part of the constitution amendment process shows it is dead on arrival and another 'come and chop' gathering.

N1 trillion for national nkwobi conference. Going, going, gone......... MUHEHEHEHE ANIMALS

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by dridowu: 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Pastor Tunde Bakare is a one Chance Politician, he shd go back to d pulpit.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by lincolnj88: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hmmmmn........dis guy......

I just tire for d country oh....

Where dis guy come ftom self......

Apc nor welcome am dats y he is taking gej side now, dnt worry u will be in madam pej bathroom cabinet,,gej is a softhearted man.......

Abeg na joke oh....na ASUU cause dis joblessness oh
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by PrettyRita(f): 2:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The quoted speeches I personally verify as TRUE but the suggestion from Premium is wrong. He did not 'subtly tackle' Tinubu or back Jonathan. Please do tell how you can get such wild conclusion from the quoted speeches. I will use my BB to record my playback of part of his speech. I hope you can hear it, it's arecording of a revording. Coming up.
Bakare said some people who hitherto canvassed for national dialogue are now Kicking against it cos d table has changed. The dullest person knows Bakare was attacking Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by finaly01: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
dridowu: Pastor Tunde Bakare is a one Chance Politician, he shd go back to d pulpit.
You guys are zombie indeed, GEJ might not be perfect but the point is, we don't want to go back to slavery.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by UyiIredia(m): 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
PrettyRita:
Bakare said some people who hitherto canvassed for national dialogue are now Kicking against it cos d table has changed. The dullest person knows Bakare was attacking Tinubu

The dullest person being you and Premium Times not me. BTW did uou listen to the recording I posted as proof.
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by jayflex: 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The dullest person being you and Premium Times not me. BTW did uou listen to the recording I posted as proof.

I played the recording. Tunde Bakare no dey fail. "I see fear on the path of government and insincerity on the part of the most vociferous critics of the convening of the national conference. Some of these critics are those who wanted it before and because they are now in government don't want it anymore. Their present attitude reminds me of a critic of the government who got into govt. and stopped speaking out against the govt. When asked why he was now quiet, he replied 'my granny taught me not to speak while I'm eating' "

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by gregg2: 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tinubu needs to be taken back to Chicago for
mental treatment this time around

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by cKaiser: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
[size=13pt]Whats the use of a national conference thats Not Sovereign when we still need to take it to the same thieves in Senate for Approval?

Its either SOVEREIGN OR NOTHING[/size]
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by enm(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
we are all calling for a sovereign national conference but nobody is telling us how it should be convened abi na organize sef.

Do you people think the president can just wake up and say " oya my fellow nigerian this is the sovereign national conference we have been yearning for "

Do you people think he has the power and the right to intrude on the constitutional rights and duties of the national assembly ?

Do you people think that the national assembly members and their various master will easily accede to a sovereign national conference?

We should not been in haste to make comments or form opinion when we have not put into consideration all other factors.

Going by what the op posted I will say Bakare is a realistic man who have thought about this issue extensively. Yes Tinubu did raise some salient point but believe me those concerns of his can be well taken care of if only Tinubu and the rest of the political leaders can shelve their interest aside for a while and come together to fashion out ways, but the question is will they do that?

For the president to declare a sovereign national conference, he will need the strong political backing and commitment from other political leader in his party and the opposition, and also we must not forget the national assembly which comprises of member from the many political party in the country .

If we are castigating the president alone on this issue, leaving out the senators and the house of representative, the governors party chairman and godfather like Tinubu and co then we are not serious about convening a sovereign national conference and I also believe that time is not short to convene a national conference or sovereign national conference all it takes is commitment from all.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
cKaiser: [size=13pt]Whats the use of a national conference thats Not Sovereign when we still need to take it to the same thieves in Senate for Approval?

Its either SOVEREIGN OR NOTHING[/size]

Most of you either do not read or have reading and comprehension problems. And if you are ignorant, ask kindly for explanations. The C-in-C of this great country, set up a committee, and one of the terms of reference of that Committee is to derive a "Nomenclature" for the National Dialogue, it is that committee that will decide if we are going to have a Sovereign National Conference or a National Conference. Please check your dictionary for the meaning of "Nomenclature", is not a type of Palm Oil or a specie of Yam.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by feminancy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
ALTRUTH: asiwaJUJU has really charmed yorubas to a point where they cannot free themselves frm zombie-style follow follow nd slave mentality. To these zombies, anything dat asiwajuju says is ryte; dey hav lost their ability to reason well.

Speak for your self. Cus we don't give a phuk about tinibu
Re: Tunde Bakare Backs Jonathan On National Conference, Tackles Tinubu by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
ALTRUTH: Who still takes dat hopeless, useless nd frustrated asiwajuju jagajaga borgu, bola ahmed Tinubu (bat) d frog-eyed creature of d night seriously
Haba bros, you wan make the man commit suicide? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why APC Will Scatter Before 2015! / President adeMusiwa What Are The 10 Most Developed Cities In Western Nigeria / The Sorry State Of Umuahia-awka-ibom Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.