Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) (26883 Views)

No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister / Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister / ASUU Strike: Ex-education Minister, Ruqayyatu Rufai, Joins Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by johntousin(m): 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Prof Rufai says it is now unfair to ask her to speak on the strike.

The immediate past Minister of Education, Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufai, who was sacked from the federal cabinet last month, has joined the ongoing strike by Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, which she desperately tried to break while in office.

PREMIUM TIMES enquries at Bayero Universities, Kano, BUK where Mrs Rufai was teaching Education Curriculum before joining the Jigawa State cabinet in 2007 and later the federal cabinet in 2011, revealed that although the former minister had returned to the institution, she was yet to commence work as a result of the ongoing industrial action.

Public Relations Officer of BUK, Mustapha Zaharaddeen, told this newspaper in a telephone interview on Wednesday that the former minister had joined her colleagues in the strike.

“How can she teach? She has joined the strike,” Mr. Zaharaddeen said. “She has no choice. How can anybody teach? Don’t forget, ASUU National President is from BUK.”

Mrs Rufai, the first female education minister from the northern part of Nigeria, was sacked from the federal cabinet alongside eight other ministers last September 11.

The other sacked ministers were Olugbenga Ashiru (Foreign Affairs), Hadiza Mailaifa (Environment), Shamsudeen Usman (National Planning), Ama Pepple (Land, Housing and Urban Development), Ita Ewa (Science and Technology).

Ministers of State for Defence, Power and Agriculture, Olusola Obada, Zainab Kuchi and Bukar Tijani, respectively were also relieved of their positions.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146741-ASUU-strike-failing-resolve-crisis-ex-education-minister-ruqayyatu-rufai-joins-strike.html
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Had it been we are seperate countries not in one Nigeria... There can't be strike in my country and your country at the same time. GOD PLEASE HELP US DIVIDE NIGERIA

9 Likes

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by gameboy727(m): 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
As expected.
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by gameboy727(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Olamagnifico: Had it been we are seperate countries not in one Nigeria... There can't be strike in my country and your country at the same time. GOD PLEASE HELP US DIVIDE NIGERIA
What is this one saying?

47 Likes

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by lincolnj88: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hmmmmmm hausa na hausa na
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by Sec5(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please,is this a news?

2 Likes

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by Sec5(m): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please,is this a news or a nuisance?

2 Likes

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
She will decamp tomorrow to APC and those corrupt barons will call her 'progressive' .

8 Likes

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by kokoA(m): 12:48am On Oct 17, 2013
Olamagnifico: Had it been we are seperate countries not in one Nigeria... There can't be strike in my country and your country at the same time. GOD PLEASE HELP US DIVIDE NIGERIA
Musiwa! Is that you?
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by chimex38: 1:04am On Oct 17, 2013
Very synonymous care with Oshomoles
if u cant beat dem u join them. Chikenagrin

1 Like

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by 3ace(m): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2013
Professor Peter: She will decamp tomorrow to APC and those corrupt barons will call her 'progressive' .
Abeg free d woman joor. If na u, u no go become loyal to ya new group? It is just like a football player who just moved to a new club. If he happens to play against his former club, he's gonna play with all his might and even hopes that he causes great havoc for them. Na so life be. What about Reuben Abati? Reuben was always against the government until he joined Jonathan's administration. Maybe he will sing another song after leaving. Jonathan too was once a lecturer and I believe he must have been loyal to his union against the FG. Today, what do have? He's at loggerheads with his former union. So let this woman be!

27 Likes

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by theSpark(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2013
Unless she didn't join ASUU BUK chapter. Unless she just got her teaching appointment, and because students are not in school could not work.

If not, if she is now a member of ASUU I daresay she is a snitch, she lacks principles and moral standing. If ASUU even accept her they are bigger snitches. Dr Fagge ASUU president is from BUK he shouldn't ignore her.

So as soon as she was kicked out of govt, her sympathies changed ehn? If she had resigned it would have been diff story. Typical naija hypocrisy. Anyway, I pray and hope she makes good of this opportunity and act as a mediator between govt and ASUU. Since she has had the best of both worlds.

1 Like

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by Sermwell(m): 10:25am On Oct 17, 2013
Y
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by venorite(m): 10:26am On Oct 17, 2013
RUBBISH
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by 4reigningqueen: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2013
This report is not true. I saw her leaving a lecture hall just few minutes ago. Despite the fact that students are not around, she lectured empty sits for like two hours. She even asked if there were questions but left when there was no reply.

7 Likes

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by Sllowppoisoon: 10:28am On Oct 17, 2013
Its no longer a news undecided
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by buoye1(m): 10:28am On Oct 17, 2013
Haba.........HABAtically...........let's go grin. That's unfair if she remains d minster,she cnt do such
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 17, 2013
What goes around ........
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by Chiscomax(m): 10:30am On Oct 17, 2013
I will give gay pple a chance to marry but will jail them if they fail to produce a child-president:robert mugabe

lol.... me derailed

6 Likes

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by amaham(m): 10:31am On Oct 17, 2013
please nlders, why are all these labour union leaders from northern part of the country. ASSU- from buk kano, NARD[resident doctors]- AKTH kano, NLC- guess he is northern also. not tryin to be tribalistic
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by akinshivic(m): 10:32am On Oct 17, 2013
She's dancing to the tune of the hand that feed her then. That was when her begger has no choice
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by luvdokta: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2013
God help Nigerian students

meanwhile...
[img]http://seducingwomen.tk/SeducingWomenBanner.jpg[/img]
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by donktrax(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2013
Hahaha, am laffing somuchically she was on seat during negotiations and wud tel ASUU no we no get dat kine money, nw she go dae para dae rake, give am 2 us o! I knw hw much dae acct b4 una sack me. Lol. Datz life.

1 Like

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by 3ace(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2013
theSpark: Unless she didn't join ASUU BUK chapter. Unless she just got her teaching appointment, and because students are not in school could not work.

If not, if she is now a member of ASUU I daresay she is a snitch, she lacks principles and moral standing. If ASUU even accept her they are bigger snitches. Dr Fagge ASUU president is from BUK he shouldn't ignore her.

So as soon as she was kicked out of govt, her sympathies changed ehn? If she had resigned it would have been diff story. Typical naija hypocrisy. Anyway, I pray and hope she makes good of this opportunity and act as a mediator between govt and ASUU. Since she has had the best of both worlds.
This is a good submission but I'll only accept it if it has been proven that you have also been through this kind of situation and did exactly what you are preaching.
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by pfijacobs(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2013
Dat woman's a milf! Anybody got ha pictures?
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by BCELLS(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2013
She's no more in service now she wants to rebel against who are still actively in service!..hypocrisy of the highest order!Madam!go and find a resting place.
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by adebayo201: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2013
Imanuelle: What goes around ........
wink
Imanuelle: What goes around ........
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 17, 2013
grin
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by opeyemitee(m): 10:34am On Oct 17, 2013
what a news! *hissing*
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by silverprince413(m): 10:34am On Oct 17, 2013
Gud for her

Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by adebayo201: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2013
pfijacobs: Dat woman's a milf! Anybody got ha pictures?
and what has that gt to do with what Is happening!!!
Mtcheeewwww!
Re: Ruqayyatu Rufai Joins ASUU Strike (Ex-education Minister) by ellarry(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2013
as expected.... No news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m Disappointed In Bayelsa People; They Came Out For Money – LP Gov Candidate, / All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige / Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Death Sentence: Falana Drags FG, Kano To African Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.