Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,693 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Help! My 406 Is Jerking With Black Smoke Coming Out From Behind - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My 406 Is Jerking With Black Smoke Coming Out From Behind (2157 Views)

My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help / Jerking When Trying To Accelerate My 1998 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! My 406 Is Jerking With Black Smoke Coming Out From Behind by Elsafema: 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
It started today i notice the car do not do slow and engine is vibrating vigorously with black smoke coming out from behind. I want to hear from u ppl b4 i take it to meco. Pls help
Re: Help! My 406 Is Jerking With Black Smoke Coming Out From Behind by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2013
You have a boost leak. Hard acceleration is causing the boost to leak out. THe MAF has metered the air but with the boost leaking out its throwing in more fuel and not getting that air, making it stumble.

When you accel lightly its not leaking out boost and can compensate enough. Thats USUALLY the cause of that

Do a boost leak test. Lol, and fix the boost leak smiley

(1) (Reply)

old post / Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order / The Most and Least Expensive Cars to Maintain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.