Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent (5942 Views)

Jigawa Donates Goats To 8,000 Widows / Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance / Inflation Drops To 8.6 Percent, Lowest In 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by fitzmayowa: 10:50am On Oct 17, 2013
dridowu: Inflation drops on paper but on reality the price of garri still remains the same or may even be higher.

I tire ooo
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by chairman: 10:54am On Oct 17, 2013
Obumiyk: First time to comment on a front page. Na me dey fast or na d topic dey indecipherable?na because of the inflation
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by gratiaeo(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2013
Nawao how we go take no?
Cup of rice still the same amount.....
garri de add money even....
Tomatoes.......
Meat? Poor man still de chop meat?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2013
BigBen10: To all you half-wits attributing this achievement to GEJ. This is the work of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi(CBN governor) working in conjunction with Ngozi-Iweala (finance minister). Dont you go about praising GEJ as if he has the intellectual capacity to achieve this. undecided
bad belle would always remain bad belle.Who brought in Ngozi-Iweala into the system?Have u forgotten GEJ's economic team?U taught is was for fancy?...,if lagos is declared the 13th largest economy in africa today u all will praise fashola,but if nigeria is declared the largest economy in africa 2day,you and ur apc scams will find every possible means to take the praise away from GEJ.Una no dey tire 4 badbellism?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by amadice(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2013
BigBen10: To all you half-wits attributing this achievement to GEJ. This is the work of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi(CBN governor) working in conjunction with Ngozi-Iweala (finance minister). Dont you go about praising GEJ as if he has the intellectual capacity to achieve this. undecided
......and under whose adminstration are dey working....do u think GEJ can work as president, cbn gov, and minister of fin, ur such a pussy idiat...cant belive am sharing a country wit some1 wu thinks through is anus
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2013
gratiaeo: Nawao how we go take no?
Cup of rice still the same amount.....
garri de add money even....
Tomatoes.......
Meat? Poor man still de chop meat?
bro,at what price do you buy a cup of rice at your end and how much do you want it to cost?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by omenka(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2013
Nigeria's economic mechanisms are unlike any other in the world!! We are unique to boot!!
Only in Nigeria would the prices of goods and services continue on an upward trend while "inflation" drops!!! Karl Marx must be rolling in his tomb right now.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Lawconfessor(f): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2013
iyobs7: Prices might go down but some individuals might still decide to sell at their own selfish rate angry angry angry

YES DEAR U RE SO RIGHT ABT DIS ACT OF MOST TRADERS.

Jst den, wen a bag of beans ws abt 27k, dis woman went to mkt n as God may hav it, it cut down to 21k.
She told me dt som fellow trades & masses were still ignorant of it, so she'll continue selling @950 a painter- bt as a customer she sold #750 to me.

So u can see d callous disposition of som ppl.
Naija is corrupt, who is Naija??
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by taharqa: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2013
omenka: Nigeria's economic mechanisms are unlike any other in the world!! We are unique to boot!!
Only in Nigeria would the prices of goods and services continue on an upward trend while "inflation" drops!!! Karl Marx must be rolling in his tomb right now.
OLODO, do you even know what Inflation Rate mean??
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2013
Too many economic illiterates on this thread.

Instead of people to ask questions when they don't understand economic terminologies, they'll continue to display arrogant ignorance, to borrow the words of a friend of mine.

Anyway for those who care to understand, what the report is saying is that the RATE at which prices of goods and services has declined i.e prices are now increasing at the rate of 8% per annum as opposed to over 10% which used to be the case.

The objective of CBN's monetary policy is to reduce the rate of inflation so that prices can be more predictable.

A reduction in the rate of inflation does not mean that the price of garri has reduced.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Tintinix: 11:40am On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Tintinix: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2013
I dreaded yesterday (Sallah) monthly food stuff Purchases cos of expected cut throat prices, I was however very pleasantly surprised.. The highpoints were!

The budget was to buy the Plastic basket of tomatoes which is a little more than the custard bucket, usually 2500, ended up buying the FULL rafta basket of tomatoes for 3k only!!!!!
Ok so I said this talk of Rice sef (I read somewhere on NL that the landing cost for Abakaliki Rice was 17k for the 50kg) people it was 11k, as opposed to Caprice and mama Gold that is still 10.5k.
A carton of croaker fish rose to 11k from 10.5k.
Yes! The full goat (native male goat 15kg size) reduced from 18k to 16k! (Ram about 20kg estimate was 23k!!!!) In this PH!
I don't intentionally come to sing praises of this administration, I still take things with a pinch of salt! But then I can only confirm results that points to a better economy if its applicable to me.. And yes! I believe I had more value for money yesterday (buying during sallah!!!) So reduced inflation.. Very Possible!!
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2013
It actually increased by 8% in Portharcourt sad sad
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2013
taharqa: OLODO, do you even know what Inflation Rate mean??
Pls tell us..... if what he is saying is not correct then tell us,... there is no how inflation is dropping and prices of goods are still going up
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2013
What exactly are you implying?
Promhize:
Nne, your english won't let u understand
If for a moment you think you've got a better of grasp of the English language than I do?
You're seriously in need of a wake up call

I may not know much about Economics, but you'd be making a deadly mistake if you for once try to undermine my spoken English. Ode

I know what's difficult for you to understand is the statement
'Are come about'

Guess what? If I've to explain that to you,then you may not be worth responding to in the first place.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 17, 2013
Thanks for Educating us smiley smiley
HNosegbe: Too many economic illiterates on this thread.

Instead of people to ask questions when they don't understand economic terminologies, they'll continue to display arrogant ignorance, to borrow the words of a friend of mine.

Anyway for those who care to understand, what the report is saying is that the RATE at which prices of goods and services has declined i.e prices are now increasing at the rate of 8% per annum as opposed to over 10% which used to be the case.

The objective of CBN's monetary policy is to reduce the rate of inflation so that prices can be more predictable.

A reduction in the rate of inflation does not mean that the price of garri has reduced.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by omenka(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2013
taharqa: OLODO, do you even know what Inflation Rate mean??

If Marx were alive he would have been awed by you people's understanding of basic economic principles, one of which is that price is inversely proportional to inflation index... grin
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by taharqa: 11:52am On Oct 17, 2013

God bless d teachers who taught you boo..... And you even spend yr time explaining to IGNORAMUSES
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2013
Law-confessor:

YES DEAR U RE SO RIGHT ABT DIS ACT OF MOST TRADERS.

Jst den, wen a bag of beans ws abt 27k, dis woman went to mkt n as God may hav it, it cut down to 21k.
She told me dt som fellow trades & masses were still ignorant of it, so she'll continue selling @950 a painter- bt as a customer she sold #750 to me.

So u can see d callous disposition of som ppl.
Naija is corrupt, who is Naija??
chai.Nigeria.Was corruption injected into our blood system?Is corruption now a deadly virus?.Smh
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by taharqa: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2013
omenka:

If Marx were alive he would have been awed by you people's understanding of basic economic principles, one of which is that price is inversely proportional to inflation index... grin
Hehehehehe.... Bros, abeg no just allow me talk o grin
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by taharqa: 11:57am On Oct 17, 2013
lorretta u: Thanks for Educating us smiley smiley
Hmmm? Is that you on ya Profile?? Odikwa egu...
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
taharqa: Hmmm? Is that you on ya Profile?? Odikwa egu...
nna that is not her,that is my mum!!!
grin
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by bloglover(m): 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
who dropped it? how did it drop? to whom and for whom?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by SalC: 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ok
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by elbinmanny(m): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
and look at this incubated mo.ron !!!!! Who appointed them, and who are they working for.....? If u don't have anything good to write just comment #end time tinz# undecided
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Stans(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by elbinmanny(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
lorretta u: Thanks for Educating us smiley smiley
who be the us? My dear speak for yasef o! No be everybody on NL get ya same IQ cheesy
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by modestdude(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
dridowu: Inflation drops on paper but on reality the price of garri still remains the same or may even be higher.
come let me teach you the art of bargaining. Am well schooled in it which make those garri sellers respect me and wonder if am a woman. The truth is that prices hardly comes down even when inflation rate decreases in naija, our businessmen/market women are all greedy
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Olivebranches(m): 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
Emmadani: bad belle would always remain bad belle.Who brought in Ngozi-Iweala into the system?Have u forgotten GEJ's economic team?U taught is was for fancy?...,if lagos is declared the 13th largest economy in africa today u all will praise fashola,but if nigeria is declared the largest economy in africa 2day,you and ur apc scams will find every possible means to take the praise away from GEJ.Una no dey tire 4 badbellism?

Abeg no mind those APC badbelle people. Will sanusi and okonjo-iweala do anything without jonathan's consent? That guy didnt know that sanusi and okonjo-iweala are working for jonathan. US special force team killed osama, but everybody is praising obama. This is because they can't do anything without the approval and input of the presido. If it were in 9ja apc members would have excluded jonathan from the praise for the achievement and act of the soldiers. Badbelle people plenty for 9ja against jonathan, but God pass una.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Henrolla(m): 1:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
Dat's indeed a gud one but only for d record nd 4 our information
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by awodman: 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2013

One of the reasons I respect you here..+1
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
el bin manny: who be the us? My dear speak for yasef o! No be everybody on NL get ya same IQ cheesy
I know your IQ is a record 200

Infact I read somewhere in the guiness book of records that you're Einstein's superior in intelligence.

Infact you're so smart you can't detect sarcasm even if it's staring at you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Won’t Sanction Dogara And Jibrin Over Budget Padding / Nigerian Man Arrested In London For Instigating Killing Of Igbos / Flood: Delta Records 22 New Babies In IDP Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.