Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent (5941 Views)

Jigawa Donates Goats To 8,000 Widows / Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance / Inflation Drops To 8.6 Percent, Lowest In 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
lorretta u: What exactly are you implying?

If for a moment you think you've got a better of grasp of the English language than I do?
You're seriously in need of a wake up call

I may not know much about Economics, but you'd be making a deadly mistake if you for once try to undermine my spoken English. Ode

I know what's difficult for you to understand is the statement
'Are come about'

Guess what? If I've to explain that to you,then you may not be worth responding to in the first place.

Bia you made a mistake! stop making a fool of yourself.
You are a pretty lady so I apologise for my observation. grin
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Promhize:

Bia you made a mistake! stop making a fool of yourself.
You are a pretty lady so I apologise for my observation. grin
and that mistake is what?

And can u please correct it? So everyone can learn.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by richardoz(m): 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
but I think it should reflect in every nigerian's financial life.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Abariwiseman: 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
I observed that food prices are going down in market places
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by dridowu: 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
modestdude: come let me teach you the art of bargaining. Am well schooled in it which make those garri sellers respect me and wonder if am a woman. The truth is that prices hardly comes down even when inflation rate decreases in naija, our businessmen/market women are all greedy
150% i understand u completely but some things need to be put in place to control price if that is done , that is when u&i will see the effect of decrease inflation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
lorretta u: and that mistake is what?

And can u please correct it? So everyone can learn.

Thanks in advance.

I like ur enthusiasm and prof pics. Explain "are come about", "if for a moment you think" and "that mistake is what"

Pls enlighten me embarassed
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by tinydev56: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
Well am afraid this also has its dis advantage.....if inflation in dis country continues to fall even below dis percentage the unemployment rate in dis country will still rise....a little bit of inflation has its own advantage on d economy.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Katsumoto: 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
Promhize:

I like ur enthusiasm and prof pics. Explain "are come about", "if for a moment you think" and "that mistake is what"

Dude let it go.

She made no error. Perhaps she could have started 'and that mistake is what' with a capital letter (A) but that would just be pedantic.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
Promhize:

Ok let me try elementary sentence structures.they might be easier for u to understand

That mistake is what-what is that mistake?

If for a moment you think- if you think for a moment.

Are come about- are 'usually' come about.

Is it clearer?

On a different day I'd stay here and argue with you. But today,I've something very exciting to do.

So ciao ciao.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by elbinmanny(m): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
lorretta u: I know your IQ is a record 200

Infact I read somewhere in the guiness book of records that you're Einstein's superior in intelligence.

Infact you're so smart you can't detect sarcasm even if it's staring at you.
swty all I can see is a post made by a brain affected by excessive use of postinor 2 cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
lorretta u:

Ok let me try elementary sentence structures.they might be easier for u to understand

That mistake is what-what is that mistake?

If for a moment you think- if you think for a moment.

Are come about- are 'usually' come about.

Is it clearer?

On a different day I'd stay here and argue with you. But today,I've something very exciting to do.

So ciao ciao.

You are a/an olodo rabata grin

1. There's nothing like "are come about"
2. It's "that mistake was what" not "that mistake is what"
3. It's "if for a moment you thought" not "if for a moment you thought"

Go learn more tenses, pleaese!
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by modestdude(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
dridowu: 150% i understand u completely but some things need to be put in place to control price if that is done , that is when u&i will see the effect of decrease inflation
i quite understand you bro, but the problem lies on we consumers. We dont subscribe to alternatives when the price of a good rises. It is when we patronize alternatives that the prices of those goods will be naturally forced down. Rather we continue mopping up the excess supply of those goods even at the expense of our meagre resources just to show bigmanism, coupled with our mentality of 'if e no be paracetamol, e no FIT be paracetamol'
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
Promhize:

You are a/an olodo rabata grin

1. There's nothing like "are come about"
2. It's "that mistake was what" not "that mistake is what"
3. It's "if for a moment you thought" not "if for a moment you thought"

Go learn more tenses, pleaese!
wow.

You're more dense than I thought.
So everything you know is in the past tense.

Smh.and I thought you were on about something reasonable.

And my questions and statements were written in the present.you should give this ur silly charade up.

And there Is something like 'are come about'
Please open your clogged brain and take the whole statement into context.
Maybe it might make sense to u then.

I doubt it tho
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by VMLTDSMS(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Good to know of the current inflation rate,hopefully we are improving.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
lorretta u: wow.

You're more dense than I thought.
So everything you know is in the past tense.

Smh.and I thought you were on about something reasonable.

And my questions and statements were written in the present.you should give this ur silly charade up.

And there Is something like 'are come about'
Please open your clogged brain and take the whole statement into context.
Maybe it might make sense to u then.

I doubt it tho

U know, the context u used those sentences were in past tense.
Just like my above sentence, did u notice the "used" and "were".

Good day now, accept my advice!
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by jmaine: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
BigBen10: To all you half-wits attributing this achievement to GEJ. This is the work of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi(CBN governor) working in conjunction with Ngozi-Iweala (finance minister). Dont you go about praising GEJ as if he has the intellectual capacity to achieve this. undecided

Your foolishness is a bizarre mystery no one can unravel . .
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by stevnwigw1: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
[/color][color=]Ngozi okonjo iweala the best economist in the world. ;DNgozi okonjo iweala the best economist in the world.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by jmaine: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
taharqa: Hmmm? Is that you on ya Profile?? Odikwa egu...

Una sharp wella, The baby dey very okay . . cool
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by realteflon(m): 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
What inflation reduce? Has the price of tangible and intangible items in your respective reduce, gone down and at what percentage. Govt should stop lying to Nigerians. Inflation has not changed. Go market nah! make you know if price don reduce. Yeye economic minister
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by taharqa: 7:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
tinydev56: Well am afraid this also has its dis advantage.....if inflation in dis country continues to fall even below dis percentage the unemployment rate in dis country will still rise....a little bit of inflation has its own advantage on d economy.
Yea, you have a point: Upper Single Digit Inflation Rate (say 6%-9.9%) is usually d most ideal for Developing Economies, cos such Economies need to be sufficiently expansionary in terms of Growth in order to grow opportunities and create jobs; yet shldn't be in d double digit range (ie above 10%) in order to enhance Predictive planning by Investors and other Economic players in such Economies, as well as having a Moderating effect on Interest amd Exchange Rates..... Nigeria is right where it shld be in terms of Inflation Rates IF they can keep it stable at this Range. The CBN shld also reali be thinking of reducing d Interest Rate (tru its MRR) which is still unacceptably high...
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by kasiem(m): 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
lorretta u: Thanks for Educating us smiley smiley
nne, are u sure that dress u are wearing is not disturbing ur front page? why not remove it for us to help fan dat cleavage for u?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by lastpage: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2013
Yea..... inflation drop my foot!
Do these cretins who publish these nonsense figures ever take a trip to the market to price foodstuff, even within a spate of thiry days and see the price hike?

****Wallops the "official publisher" on the head, with a frying pan*****

Lastpage!
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by taharqa: 9:43am On Oct 18, 2013
lastpage: Yea..... inflation drop my foot!
Do these cretins who publish these nonsense figures ever take a trip to the market to price foodstuff, even within a spate of thiry days and see the price hike?

Lastpage!
And Who cares what an IGNORANT 'cretin' like you think?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 18, 2013
lastpage: Yea..... inflation drop my foot!

Lastpage!

Who told you inflation rate is calculated using only the price of foodstuff?
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by oluamid(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

Who told you inflation rate is calculated using only the price of foodstuff?

The truth is that most Nigerians are not interested in knowing inflation rates. If low inflation rate does not equate to low prices of most consumer goods especially food items, then it can remain in double figures for all we care.

So, sorry if we don't share your knowledge of basic economics.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by oc2fish: 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
You dnt need to tell us this, since you are telling us this it means your a big fraud.
Re: Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent by basilo101: 1:08am On Oct 19, 2013
dridowu: Inflation drops on paper but on reality the price of garri still remains the same or may even be higher.
But later nw u will start showing us d GDP of a state made up of 80% mudhouse claiming 2 be developed based dat paper data

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Homeless Chinese Man In Lagos / How Many Missiles Does The Nigerian Military Have And How Many Tested / Northern Man Thanks Yoruba Slaves For Supporting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.