Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey (10618 Views)

A Free Body In An Enslaved Mind!!! Must Read For All Nigerian / Niger Delta, Reip Capital Of Nigeria – Survey / Saudi Princess Was Released On $5m Bail After 'enslaved' Kenyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
shymexx: It's far more than that.

If we're to add mental slavery to it, then it should be around 150 million or thereabout.

GBAM!

that would be Nigeria's whole population. (except us Pagan Traditionalists)

PROUD TO BE PAGAN! cool

1 Like

Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by theripper3: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Would sycophancy, clannishness and blind patriotism be termed Slavery too?
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Stallion77(f): 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
Are we saying there are no positive stats about nigera? Not even one? Haba kai! !!
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Lilimax(f): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
shymexx: It's far more than that.

If we're to add mental slavery to it, then it should be around 150 million or thereabout.
yes ooo!
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Lilimax(f): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
Segeggs: you mean you dont want to be eating them anymore?
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by telim: 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
since we have so much slaves in these country. had wish you give us contact address of slave masters. B'cause am tired of my car spare part business and would like to start a new venture on slave trade and sales of a complete human being and human spare parts like kidneys, lever etc
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
I hope the words "hereditary slavery" do not mean what I think they do! In 2013?! shocked lipsrsealed
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by bebechuks: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by killuminati(m): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
There's also presidential slavery!

Ask me how?
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
Richiez: It's not enough to know these stats, how do we end it?

100 Likes
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Hostermipo(m): 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Promhize: Nonsense, this mumus that sit in front of their laptops and come out with stupid, ridiculous numbers.
don't mind does fools jawe, i don't know when they came to nigeria and started counting. . . . . . . Or did anybody see them in your Area?. . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
I bet you majority of the people classified as "enslaved" in Nigeria are maids. But i believe maids do get paid for their services...but in some cases though the maids "PI*MP" aka family member gets the maids allowance....
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by telim: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

GBAM!

that would be Nigeria's whole population. (except us Pagan Traditionalists)

PROUD TO BE PAGAN! cool
Nigerian will have being a better country if majority are a pagan traditionalists. Am happy that you are not among of those that believe in white God from jerusalem and those that believe in the Arabian prophets. I believe by the time the followers of the white God and the Arabian prophets get tired of the carefully crafted lies in their alien scriptures most will become a traditionalist like us.
PAGAN TRADITIONALISTS TILL DEATH

1 Like

Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by emmanuelcrawler(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
mtchew na ASUU strike d cause am shocked shaa shocked END TIME THINGS
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by charlsecy4(m): 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
And for people looking for Usa on the list, you can't see them, sorry.
I watched a documentary on Aljazera two days ago where restaurant workers are protesting that $6.50 is too small per hour. Now calculate that in a month to how much a banker in Nigeria earns. Inshort I don vex, Nigeria has about 100m slaves.

Hey did you consider the cost of living there? Finance is a 2-way street...... A person who earns N50,000 in Lagos IS NOT NECESSARILY richer than another that earns N30,000 in Edunabon.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by ayobase(m): 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
What about graduates working as secondary school cert holders. That is what I call slavery!

1 Like

Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Engen(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
The comments on this blog are mostly depressing.People put up nonsense statistics and instead of us to condemned the stats you people here making silly jokes. Do you even know the meaning of slavery.Silly organizations write rubbish about your country just because they can and you are here making stupid jokes...SWim ode osi
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by mystical10: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
how do u expect u.s to be in the list, is it nt those country in the list re doing slavery job in u.s, aussie,u.k. Honestly speaking, religious slavery is what this listed country re suffering. Like in naija amajiris and so called living chuchs are enslaving there fellowers, hw do u tell ppl to give u, all they has, that God will repay thm times 2. Atlst sm wil nt see anytin, is that nt exploitation. Some hv abandon there work and move to crusade graunds frm jan to december there in 1 chch program to other.even bank marketers, naija workers in india, china companies etc are enslaved so i tink naija is above the number.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by CamillusUA: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
DonHummer: pls is my boi-boi a slave?
Ur boi boi is not a slave IF u treat him with dignity and respect lyk every other person. U shld also give him all he deserves 4 serving u (financially and other wise). Without all these, then, he is a slave.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by ShenTeh(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
Walahi, zhese feofle zoo not know what they are talking about: How did they arribe at zhat pigure when eben our own gomnent does not know our actual namber.

Sacandly, ip the research empasizes slavery at birth, shege! that may well be all op us. Again, that goes to froob my foint- wrang census! Shikenan Mallam.

1 Like

Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by juman(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
The masses in nigeria are slaves.

The so called useless "leaders" that parading themselves around as leaders lead nobody except themselves.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by ochukoccna: 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
Engen: The comments on this blog are mostly depressing.People put up nonsense statistics and instead of us to condemned the stats you people here making silly jokes. Do you even know the meaning of slavery.Silly organizations write rubbish about your country just because they can and you are here making stupid jokes...SWim ode osi
This is not about patriotism
Do you know the number of Nigerian ladies in sexu_al servitude alone? undecided undecided undecided
The 700 thousand small sef angry angry
Let's not even add unpaid labour to it angry angry
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by ayooyee: 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
D numb f kwarans stugglin 2get sarakis salah gift pas dis
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by OneDy: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
Really? What about the remaining 170 million people? Are they free?

In my opinion, Nigeria populace is under one slavery or the other. The average man on the street is under the slavery of poverty. While the ruling elite are under the slavery of greed, selfishness, insecurity etc or how would anyone explain the recent discovery that a minister in a country where more than 70 percent of the populace live under the poverty line, where universities has been under lock and key for more than three months, where toothache has to be treated abroad,even those that have graduated are yet to find a meaningful job has the gut to purchased $1.6 million worth of bullet proof cars.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by jascon1(m): 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
i will like to use this opportunity to bring to your notice the fact that the entire populace of Nigeria is enslaved. can a free man live in darkness when he is the largest oil producer in his continent?
can anyone be called a free man when he owes a debt of over 6 trillion naira?
can one be a free man when he hasnt freedom of speech even in his own father's land?
if nigeria is not a slave camp, why would its citizens kill to flee away from it?
the treatments nigerians themselves receive from their compatriots suggest slavery.
if people are not enslaved, why would they be too scared to open their mouth when funds made for them are being embezzled by the same people they idolize?
do you know governors and presidents share even bags of salt to buy votes? (cooking salt)
do you know a killer can be as free to kill more in the country if he has cash and connection? that only happens in the prisons
mentally, the mind of the average nigerian has been shut out of normal reasoning as a result of the system.
my brother, do you need statistics to prove that you are also a slave?

1 Like

Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Simonet: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
Okija_juju: So Slave trade business is still on?!!

Nobody told me o!!

Bia Chukwudi!! Forget the spareparts business.. We are going to start selling human being now..

We go hang you from 3rd mainland by ya bear bear!!
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by oladapolif: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
So true, I know alot of igbos sleeping inside shops, serving their oga.... Modern slavery, thats how they run Lagos
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by abacusCm(m): 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
I think the figure is too small o.abi what about graduates that are earning less than 20k per month due to the high unemployment rate?Is that not slavery?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 / Nairaland Census: Your State / Fight to Finish: Sienna V Coolface89

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.