Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,292 members, 7,954,166 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461106 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
honeyad:

Check your mail bro
replied u bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2: This is my 1000th post (Should have been more than that but for the NL data loss). Anyway, I believe it is fair I used it meaningfully.

To all visa applicants, may God favour you all and crown your efforts with success — May God's favour go before you all and make your results at the embassy positive.

To Slimmy, and others who were delayed for one reason or another, may God's mercy and grace speak for you and right every wrong in your next interview — May He put a smile on your face and uphold you all.

To people like yours faithfully who are preparing for this sojourn to the United States, May God bless, guide and protect us here, on transit and over there — may divine providence go forth to those experiencing certain forms of difficulties at this time. May He crown our efforts over there and make them positive and great.

To those already in the United States, more blessings and may God deliver you from strife and turbulence.

May God's light shine on us all, may His love envelope us more than we ever hespererit it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Cheers.

You no mention me for your 1000th post! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by richard4ssky: 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

Yeah, I mean after ssn. You get that through your school once you get a job with them. Someone at MSU explained that to me. Anyway, make I reach there first.
are u going or in MSU murray state university...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amefrica:

You no mention me for your 1000th post! angry

I don fix am, Mister man! Captain Canada.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by repsin(m): 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
domex007:

I am all set oo..
*documents complete just going to Waec to collect original copy of result but if they don't get it ready before my interview I will go with the online print out and attach stractch card to it.
Waiting for the date and praying like say na only me pray pass..

I will sure testify bro..

Waiting to read ur success transcript bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by richard4ssky: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

Yeah, I mean after ssn. You get that through your school once you get a job with them. Someone at MSU explained that to me. Anyway, make I reach there first.
are you applying to or are you in MSU murray state university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
honeyad:

U dah av been pinging since day before yesterday u no answer me embarassed * in teddyrain's voice* is it because am not in amelika yet too? angry grin
no vex boo, oya ping me joor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2014
richard4ssky: are you applying to or are you in MSU murray state university

No bro. My MSU is different.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

No bro. My MSU is different.

Morgan?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
plz house i need ur help so badly,just got my first bank visa card and want to use to register for my gre and toefl but it keep giving me an error message after puting in my card number.plz anybody with any idea on what i can do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
dahfweshdude69: ah!..how come...I still paid $1198 for Lagos to Texas last week...Nah God save me oh

you were just very lucky.. Saw the ticket price yesternight and I was like :O or maybe its because I choose a date in 2nd week of August... But at that sef 5k+$ for emirates.. God forbid.. I'll rada chill with molue of royal air moroc no be only them waka come NY.. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Faints! You guys are killing me. grin

*pouring water* oga wake up cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by repsin(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
bartino: Good day gurus, I am new to this trend please is the South dakota state university a red flag? I intend going for an Msc in Mechanical Engineering this spring 2015. Thanks

Ur good to go bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by repsin(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
kennyzita:

How do you convince the VO about GRE? That it's not required for your study since it's not even mentioned on the school's website unlike for TOEFL. Bowie State University, MSc.

Please take GRE even if it's not required for ur studies, it shows how serious u are to the VO not to ur school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
honeyad:

grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
olumide098:

If you have enough time...walk to the Access bank Plc, sign up account with them and also get a Visa card and activate it online. then u are good to go bro
how do i activate my visa card on line
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
plz house do i need to activate my visa card online before i cud use it??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Morgan?

Yeah. I dey target HBCUs for a reason. Heard they are instrumental for black employment (for ECE). Don't know about others.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
francisabuah: plz house do i need to activate my visa card online before i cud use it??

Yes you have to activate it on ATM. There is a pin you have to create for online transactions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

Yeah. I dey target HBCUs for a reason. Heard they are instrumental for black employment.

Yeah, very instrumental. They usually have a wide-reaching alumni body, most members of these bodies are very influential and are more than willing to help young graduates. I should know, I have about 14 friends in HBCUs (3 in Fisk alone) and I'm going to be attending one of them myself.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tommgirl(f): 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
honeyad:

grin grin grin Funny u,i just dey observe for some hrs now reading thru all pages (330-360) "i try no be small' u guyz are damn funny...just passing anyway

One love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by abymballer: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
[b]Here is ma correct for my next interview....Help me out on ma flops

me: good morning sir/ma
vo: good morning..
vo: why are you going to the states?
me: am going for my bachelor degree in computer science at Faulkner University Alabama.
vo: How many school did you apply for?
me: 4, Pace University, NY Saint Leo University, FL, CSU. Fullerton, CA and Faulkner University, AL

vo: How many admitted you?
me: 3, Wake Forest University, NC, Saint Leo University, FL and Faulkner University, AL
vo: why did you pick that school?
me:. it was recommended to me by my cousin who graduated from the same school in year 2011, she also studied computer science but she is back in Nigeria and working for Globacom Nigeria Limited . I also checked usnews.com, collegeatlas.org, findthebest.com and www.cappex.com and found out it is a prestigious university in Alabama and have a lot to offer academically for international student, the cost of attending Faulkner University is well below the average for other private universities..
vo: what do u know about Alabama?
me: Alabama is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is bordered by Tennessee to the north, Georgia to the east, Florida and the Gulf of Mexico to the south, and Mississippi to the west. Alabama is the 30th-most extensive and the 23rd-most populous of the 50 United States. The incumbent Governor of Alabama is Robert J. Bentley and its capital is Montgomery.

(vo smiles and says OK)
vo: why are you going to study computer science?
me: I've always had the passion to study computer science and the world today is in the computer age, I want to learn the design, development and analysis of software and hardware used to solve problems in a variety of business, scientific and social contexts. hence increasing the demand for computer professional.
vo: do u have any computer science certificate?
me: Yes, I did 1 year course in desktop publishing and basin networking
vo: what is desktop publishing ?
me: It is the process of using the computer and specific types of software to combine text and graphics to produce documents such as newsletters, brochures, books, Web pages, etc. (print and Web design)
vo: When did u graduate from high school?
me: I graduated from high school July 2012.

vo: do u have any relative in the us?
me: NO.
vo: okay... who is sponsoring ur education?
me: my dad...he is the of Nited Area Limited.... he is into real estate manager and he is a registered distributor with Lafarge cement.
vo: do u have his financial documents with you?
me: yes
vo: okay.. what do u plan on doing after you graduate?
me: am coming back to Nigeria for my NYSC program and I plan on working with the government or any top private firm for 5yrs ..also as my dad's first and only son, am entitled to every single property he owns, I must come back and help him out once I graduate.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
tommgirl: grin grin grin Funny u,i just dey observe for some hrs now reading thru all pages (330-360) "i try no be small' u guyz are damn funny...just passing anyway

One love

A smiling face is necessary na.. Even VO no dey too deny person wey dey smile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
Joenice: hahahahhaha. PM for a cheaper price.

u get PM bros
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
dahfweshdude69: ah!..how come...I still paid $1198 for Lagos to Texas last week...Nah God save me oh
Mehn!..bro you are really lucky to have gotten that offer o. I'm also heading to texas but what I was getting (emirates to texas) was on the high side. I finally settled for lagos to jfk at the same rate of 1198 and connect to texas by AA at 202. Safe trip!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Joenice: replied u bro

Boss I'll reply you later at night my Internet service is very bad now.. Expect my mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

Yes you have to activate it on ATM. There is a pin you have to create for online transactions.
plz how do i go about that,plz expalin this to me abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ashigolo: Mehn!..bro you are really lucky to have gotten that offer o. I'm also heading to texas but what I was getting (emirates to texas) was on the high side. I finally settled for lagos to jfk at the same rate of 1198 and connect to texas by AA at 202. Safe trip!

Flights to Texas are regular this time to the year — August and September have higher prices. I'm going to Texas too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.