Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454926 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ashigolo: Mehn!..bro you are really lucky to have gotten that offer o. I'm also heading to texas but what I was getting (emirates to texas) was on the high side. I finally settled for lagos to jfk at the same rate of 1198 and connect to texas by AA at 202. Safe trip!
thanks man..wishing u d best...safe journey!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

I don fix am, Mister man! Captain Canada.

God save you! *throws cane away* angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Flights to Texas are regular this time to the year — August and September have higher prices. I'm going to Texas too.
oh I see!...my departure is around mid august. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ashigolo: oh I see!...my departure is around mid august. Thanks

Yeah. Mine too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
dahfweshdude69: thanks man..wishing u d best...safe journey!
Thanks man and you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amefrica:

God save you! *throws cane away* angry

cry cry embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
honeyad:

A smiling face is necessary na.. Even VO no dey too deny person wey dey smile

See you!

You never see, wey VO dey smile pass applicant and use laff hand am denial letter?

Ask me! grin Mehnn, i don see enuff 4 US embassy. They denied their country a great tool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by abymballer: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hello house, Please I noticed that some applicants have yellow or orange doter sticker on their international passport which is given to them by the CGI employee at the Pavilion...DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS? Cos I noticed does with that sticker got their visa approved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
streetMic:

u get PM bros
ok, @zee, pls don't quote me now. Ur words are so antagonistic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
abymballer: [b]Here is ma correct for my next interview....Help me out on ma flops

me: good morning sir/ma
vo: good morning..
vo: why are you going to the states?
me: am going for my bachelor degree in computer science at Faulkner University Alabama.
vo: How many school did you apply for?
me: 4, Pace University, NY Saint Leo University, FL, CSU. Fullerton, CA and Faulkner University, AL

vo: How many admitted you?
me: 3, Wake Forest University, NC, Saint Leo University, FL and Faulkner University, AL
vo: why did you pick that school?
me:. it was recommended to me by my cousin who graduated from the same school in year 2011, she also studied computer science but she is back in Nigeria and working for Globacom Nigeria Limited . I also checked usnews.com, collegeatlas.org, findthebest.com and www.cappex.com and found out it is a prestigious university in Alabama and have a lot to offer academically for international student, the cost of attending Faulkner University is well below the average for other private universities..
vo: what do u know about Alabama?
me: Alabama is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is bordered by Tennessee to the north, Georgia to the east, Florida and the Gulf of Mexico to the south, and Mississippi to the west. Alabama is the 30th-most extensive and the 23rd-most populous of the 50 United States. The incumbent Governor of Alabama is Robert J. Bentley and its capital is Montgomery.

(vo smiles and says OK)
vo: why are you going to study computer science?
me: I've always had the passion to study computer science and the world today is in the computer age, I want to learn the design, development and analysis of software and hardware used to solve problems in a variety of business, scientific and social contexts. hence increasing the demand for computer professional.
vo: do u have any computer science certificate?
me: Yes, I did 1 year course in desktop publishing and basin networking
vo: what is desktop publishing ?
me: It is the process of using the computer and specific types of software to combine text and graphics to produce documents such as newsletters, brochures, books, Web pages, etc. (print and Web design)
vo: When did u graduate from high school?
me: I graduated from high school July 2012.

vo: do u have any relative in the us?
me: NO.
vo: okay... who is sponsoring ur education?
me: my dad...he is the of Nited Area Limited.... he is into real estate manager and he is a registered distributor with Lafarge cement.
vo: do u have his financial documents with you?
me: yes
vo: okay.. what do u plan on doing after you graduate?
me: am coming back to Nigeria for my NYSC program and I plan on working with the government or any top private firm for 5yrs ..also as my dad's first and only son, am entitled to every single property he owns, I must come back and help him out once I graduate.

[/b]
a lotta improvements... seems very much OK to me, just practice other likely questions.... go collect ur visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
abymballer: Hello house, Please I noticed that some applicants have yellow or orange doter sticker on their international passport which is given to them by the CGI employee at the Pavilion...DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS? Cos I noticed does with that sticker got their visa approved.

nize observation...I did observe too. and men wen dem put DAT tin 4 my passport during my second interview I trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
how do i activate my visa card for gre use ooooo,herd i have to activate it for online use,plz how??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
abymballer: Here is ma correct for my next interview....Help me out on ma flops

vo: why did you pick that school?
me:. it was recommended to me by my cousin who graduated from the same school in year 2011, she also studied computer science but she is back in Nigeria and working for Globacom Nigeria Limited . I also checked usnews.com, collegeatlas.org, findthebest.com and www.cappex.com and found out it is a prestigious university in Alabama and have a lot to offer academically for international student, the cost of attending Faulkner University is well below the average for other private universities..

Everything looks good except for the bolded above. Your cousin has to come last if need be. An impatient VO may cut you shut before you can explain further. Just forget about your cousin. They didn't record that down in your last interview. Talk about their rankings on those sites and also talk about how they pride themselves in producing the best IT personnels in the US.

abymballer:
vo: okay.. what do u plan on doing after you graduate?
me: am coming back to Nigeria for my NYSC program and I plan on working with the government or any top private firm for 5yrs ..also as my dad's first and only son, am entitled to every single property he owns, I must come back and help him out once I graduate.

[/b]

Forget that 5 years. You are sounding like a robot even on writing. Be fluent and confident about your return.

But my long term career goal is return to Nigeria to work with any of the top firms hiring the services of computer scientists. Although on the long run, my dad really needs me around to succeed his business when he retires since I am his only son.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
abymballer:
Hello house, Please I noticed that some applicants have yellow or orange doter sticker on their international passport which is given to them by the CGI employee at the Pavilion...DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS? Cos I noticed does with that sticker got their visa approved.

It has nothing to do with visa approval. Its just a sticker to show that you have been checked at that point. They sometimes forget to put it for some. They didn't put for me but I got the visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

So, what is the point asking Idazbawz to call Teddy if you have already made your conclusions? I am not surprised though
God bless you....

He even said he's d crown blah blah.... he's forgotten I already got my visa b4 he did.... can he use his visa to slap me?? He can't even use his visa to slap those that have not gotten theirs... d only people he can buga for are those that can NEVER AND EVER get US visa... how will he know dem?? So he can only use his visa to buga for himseff...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
Theflint1: A beg house what's d average length of time nipost takes to deliver documents, and do they have cases of missing documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
repsin:

Ur good to go bro
thanks bro,I intend taking the GRE only without Toefl please can you help me with possible embassy questions. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amerinancy
If you are not ready to heed corrections from the smart ones, don't ever and ever in your miserable life quote me... do u have any issues with me?? Why would I have to call teddy?? Is he paying my tuition??Make sure you 4get this attitude of yours in Nigeria b4 entering US.... people like u easily get killed in chi-town....

I'm trying explain wah happened, n you are telling me to die it... why didn't u tell teddy to die the matter after falsely accusing me??

You keep calling zee an immature fellow, whereas she more learned n literate than you can ever be... you need so much to learn b4 Aug 4th... pm zee to tutor you properly!!!

My 2 kobo!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Idazbawz: Amerinancy
If you are not ready to heed corrections from the smart ones, don't ever and ever in your miserable life quote me... do u have any issues with me?? Why would I have to call teddy?? Is he paying my tuition??Make sure you 4get this attitude of yours in Nigeria b4 entering US.... people like u easily get killed in chi-town....

I'm trying explain wah happened, n you are telling me to die it... why didn't u tell teddy to die the matter after falsely accusing me??

You keep calling zee an immature fellow, whereas she more learned n literate than you can ever be... you need so much to learn b4 Aug 4th... pm zee to tutor you properly!!!

My 2 kobo!!

Easy, bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
bartino: thanks bro,I intend taking the GRE only without Toefl please can you help me with possible embassy questions. thanks

Bro, read this thread from page one to the last. You can focus on this chapter 5 only. A difficult task but its worth it. You will find so many interview transcripts to learn from.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Easy, bro!
believe me bro, I'm trying not to insult anyone... but why is she like dis?? How would you feel, waking up, n seeing people talking trash about you... I was very angry wen reading teddy's post, n I'm coming out plain... to sort out things but something from somewhere kept interfering.....

I think they are attending d same sch?? She'll see what I've been harbouring....

Infact, why was she keeping the name of her school from teddy at the first place??

Teddy was complaining about someone not telling him his interview date... why did Nancy seff hid d name of her sch from teddy?? Mtcheeww.... confused set of people....

FAM, how's prep going jereh?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
Idazbawz: believe me bro, I'm trying not to insult anyone... but why is she like dis?? How would you feel, waking up, n seeing people talking trash about you... I was very angry wen reading teddy's post, n I'm coming out plain... to sort out things but something from somewhere kept interfering.....

I think they are attending d same sch?? She'll see what I've been harbouring....

Infact, why was she keeping the name of her school from teddy at the first place??

Teddy was complaining about someone not telling him his interview date... why did Nancy seff hid d name of her sch from teddy?? Mtcheeww.... confused set of people....

I d find my 30k dolls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Idazbawz: believe me bro, I'm trying not to insult anyone... but why is she like dis?? How would you feel, waking up, n seeing people talking trash about you... I was very angry wen reading teddy's post, n I'm coming out plain... to sort out things but something from somewhere kept interfering.....

You have said it all — to be very honest, anyone who tries that with me will see bloodfire! That's not why we are here, it's not right to side with a wrong person just because you're expecting one favour or another or because you are attending the same school.

Preparation is going slowly — we dey push am.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
juntod:

Bro, read this thread from page one to the last. You can focus on this chapter 5 only. A difficult task but its worth it. You will find so many interview transcripts to learn from.
thanks bro much appreciations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
@Folamerica watzap? u not tayad of bin a silent observer? pm me boo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amerinancy: HELLO GUYS,I HAVE PAID MY FULL TUITION TO MY SCHOOL THROUGH WIRE TRANSFER TODAY. IM LEAVING ON 4TH AUGUST, IM FLYING KLM BUSINESS CLASS, BUT I WANT TO SEE MY AUNTY IN BOSTON.
I HOPE I WONT HAVE PROBLEMS AT THE POINT OF ENTRY IN BOSTON? MY SCHOOL IS IN ILLINOIS.
I ALSO PLAN ON GETTING A CAR AS SOON AS I GET TO THE STATES. I HAVE MY RENEWED DRIVERS LICENSE. HOW SOON AND HOW CAN I PURCHASE A CAR?

Amerinancy any email or information about the collection of the approved visa? I'm planning to get there tomorrow..... what do you think
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

You have said it all — to be very honest, anyone who tries that with me will see bloodfire! That's not why we are here, it's not right to side with a wrong person just because you're expecting one favour or another or because you are attending the same school.

Preparation is going slowly — we dey push am.
thank you, sensible broda!!

My school doesn't require any Vaccines... do I still need to take one prior to my arrival?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
Pls oo house wht can giv as an excuse to transfer my sevis fee to anoda sch bit confuse, am planing to mail dept of homeland security

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.