Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? (959 Views)

Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos / Age And Place Of Birth Of Ministerial Nominees / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2013
Okay, 1st it was banks;Zenith,UBA and the likes, then Mobile networks(MTN,Glo) followed suit,Even fashionist now go to CNN(based in USA) to advertise their business in NIGERIA. The last straw was when i saw the popular Chi house brand 'Chivita', i was like WTF do Nigerians take CNN for? Soon Maggi cube too will take cue, Onga,Ariel and the likes, who knows maybe next Nigerians will start placing obituary Adverts on CNN!

Abeg you folks should mind your NTA stop spoiling CNN for us with your trash adverts angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by badmeat(m): 11:58am On Oct 18, 2013
Hmm!@ op its too early to be drunk,undecided,majority of Nigerians watch CNN,in business we call it getting to the target audience,undecided,

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
bad meat: Hmm!@ op its too early to be drunk,undecided,majority of Nigerians watch CNN,in business we call it getting to the target audience,undecided,
Simpo, I mean, simple!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
bad meat: Hmm!@ op its too early to be drunk,undecided,majority of Nigerians watch CNN,in business we call it getting to the target audience,undecided,
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
i aint saying 'Dont bring ur adverts' to CNN my point is it doesnt have to be senseless adverts, what does Chivita gain by advertising on CNN? Other foreigners must be asking if Nigeria has a local TV station @ all that they come and advertise virtually everything on CNN. Even Governors go to CNN to 'showcase their achievements to the world'.

soon we'll start seeing obituaries as well mtceeww
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by bloggernaija: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Those adverts are a waste of money .
Apart from breaking news,no one really watches CNN anymore.
Their standards have really gone down the drain
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
NTA is too backward.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by donchris9999: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
Excuse me sir! I dont watch NTA i watch CNN. It is not my fault that i prefer CNN to NTA. NTA have simply refused to advance and improve.
Unfortunately, so many nigerians do the same. They prefer CNN to NTA and that has forced businesses to advaertise on CNN to reach a more wider audience.

OP, just imagine you advertising your product on GPS a programmes anchored by fareed zakaria, na him be say you don catch my likes or on african voices, on amanpour interviews.

Iinfact orji uzor kalu started this his slok advert on CNN. Nigeria governments even prefer to showcase their achievements on CNBCA a south african business station than NTA.

NTA have to step up and stop showing us only politicians doing wedding in aso rock with all this their poor quality programmes if they really need adverts.
Prof_Dumbledore: i aint saying 'Dont bring ur adverts' to CNN my point is it doesnt have to be senseless adverts, what does Chivita gain by advertising on CNN? Other foreigners must be asking if Nigeria has a local TV station @ all that they come and advertise virtually everything on CNN. Even Governors go to CNN to 'showcase their achievements to the world'.

soon we'll start seeing obituaries as well mtceeww
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by HAH: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Most of the advert you see are not actually on CNN but on multichoice who put them at intervals for the Nigerian audience.

If you watch CNN on other satelite like nilesat you only see zenith ,UBA and Glo on programmes targeted at africa
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by LajaLaba: 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
come see wonder on DSTV...Pathetic adverts!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by Ikengawo: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
NTA that hasn't upgraded it's camera since 1990.

In business we call this brand association. You don't want to put your add on a channel that looks tired and dated because people will subconsciously feel that your product is the same.

CNN is clean, international and modern and thus perfect for a bank to want to affiliate with. NTA is nigerian abokis still trying to act like the north is relevant and using their outdated mentality to run a channel.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by Boss13: 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
HAH: Most of the advert you see are not actually on CNN but on multichoice who put them at intervals for the Nigerian audience.

If you watch CNN on other satelite like nilesat you only see zenith ,UBA and Glo on programmes targeted at africa

Exactly.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Majority of Nigerians listen to radio and that in their dialect.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Now Leaving NTA To Go And Place Trash Adverts On CNN? by gerald09(m): 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
Segeggs: NTA is too backward.
Obviously! Everything owned and ran by the Nigerian government is backwards. The funny part is its only @ NTA office is d only place where every TV in there in on CNN or BBC. Instead of NTA. I had a job interview once @ d HQ in abuja. Everyday different pple bring ideas on how to improve NTA but the old f*arts running d place are making sure it remains d same. They still use cameras from the 1800s. Anything Nigerian government is run with greed.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: The Man Who Allegedly Murdered His Wife With Acid In Anambra / Nairaland Anambra Gubernatorial Election: Cast Your Vote Here!!!! / Banki Moon Confirmed Legendary BEIBER As Greatest Teen In World History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.