Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 (4466 Views)

FG Declares Dec 25, 26, Jan 1 As Public Holidays / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / House Where Frederick Lugard Signed-the-amalgamation Of Nothern Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by papparatzzi2013: 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
There is a strong rumour on the expiration of the amalgamation of the Lagos Colony, Southern and Northern protectorates on Jan 1, 2014, being the centenary of such amalgamation. It is being suggested as the probable reason why GEJ had a change of heart concerning National Conference. The so called secret document is being purported to be the reason being US prediction of non - existence of Nigeria again by 2015.

It is the availability of such documents that necessitated the return of Hong Kong back to China by Britain after 99years in 1997. According to write ups, such territorial agreements has drafted in the treaty of the balkanisation of Africa by Western countries in 1885 and UN Charter, also states that such arrangement cease to stand after 100years.

Who ever has light on this, should please share the information with us.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by warripekin(m): 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
It's called the tinubu square accord if I am correct. I met somebody who gave a little info about the accord today. Will pay to have the real thing.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by papparatzzi2013: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
warripekin: It's called the tinubu square accord if I am correct. I met somebody who gave a little info about the accord today. Will pay to have the real thing.

Thanks bro.
Please whoever has any info in such document should enlighten us the more by giving accurate info.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by warripekin(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
I just heard the accord or edict, can be found in the British archives. Still searching.

1 Like

Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by papparatzzi2013: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
warripekin: I just heard the accord or edict, can be found in the British archives. Still searching.

Ok
I'm combing every archive too.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by papparatzzi2013: 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
Certain documents signed into law at the amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914 indicate that the country was created as an experiment meant to last for 100 years, and break up if the peoples are not compatible. The documents, known as ’Tinubu Square Edict’ or Accord of 1914 was said to be similar to the British/China accord of Hong Kong to be enforced for a centenial reign. Although the documents were not made available to Jungle Journalist, a summary of it was obtained and is herein published. However, Jungle Journalist cannot say for certain whether such documents truly exist:
“The amalgamation of southern and northern Nigeria by the British was to be experimented for 100 YEARS to know if it’s going to work or not, according to the secret government document the British left after independence.
Although the document is kept secret, this fact is generally known to the ruling class, most dons of political science and law as well as the government of UK. However, there has been consistent efforts by Nigerian government to keep this knowledge out of public as it may lead to agitation for breaking the country into two; pre-1914 status especially by those in the south.
The awareness of this document and the closeness of 2014 has been causing panic among the Northern elites; this panic was behind the recent comment by the senate president that Nigeria will not break up.
It was also behind the warning by NBA president when he said in Benin recently that Nigeria may break-up. Even President Jonathan is nervous about this fact; remember that he kept on saying that Nigeria will not break-up. Also, it was the real reason behind the northern governors recent security meeting in Kaduna, according to some sources.
All these sudden talks about Nigeria breaking or not breaking up by the political leaders including the president show how anxious they are about the implications of the document and the closeness of almighty 2014. On the international scene, the knowledge of this document was behind the prediction by American diplomats that Nigeria will break-up in 2015. The US army is also preparing on how to respond to the possible break up of Nigeria.” There are strong indications that the United States of America, USA, may be gearing up for a possible balkanisation of the country following developments in the last few years.
This indication is contained in a publication credited to NEWSRESCUE in America, where accounts of an article written by Director of the African Security Research Project in Washington, DC and Guest Columnist of AllAfrica Global Media, Mr. Daniel Volman and speakers in an AFRICOM conference held at Fort McNair were given.
It would be recalled that in 2005, the US predicted that Nigeria would cease to be a nation state in 2015 in view of threats posed by continued ethno-religiouscrisis over the years. Similarly, the United States military had, in May 2008, conducted a war games test called Unified Quest 2008, to ascertain how its military might respond to a war in parts of Africa with a mention of Nigeria.
Also, the question of how to handle possible splits between factions within the Nigerian government was tested with a plan by the Americans to send about 20,000 troops to secure and take over the oil-rich South while the North would be turned into an Arab aligned, possibly terrorist enclave.
In fulfilling this planned program, a top US general visited Nigeria recently and issues of Boko Haram were discussed. President Gooluck Jonathan also asked for US support in resolving such problems
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by owolabifunke14(f): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
I will ask my dad if such document exists. If this speculation is found out to be true,I will return with at least 65% of the details. Till then,it remains a hearsay.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by papparatzzi2013: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
owolabifunke14: I will ask my dad if such document exists. If this speculation is found out to be true,I will return with at least 65% of the details. Till then,it remains a hearsay.

Thanks.

We are expectant.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
It is true.the document was signed at an Amala Buka near Tinubu Square.Tinubu's father ,Buharis father and Azikiwe's father signed on behalf of the West,North and East respectively but Queen Elizabeths father after signing sneezed on the document( because the Atarodo Pepper was too much in the Oily Yoruba Soup.) So the document exist in the UK but we can't. See what is written clearly on it.

1 Like

Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by papparatzzi2013: 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Kamanda: It is true.the document was signed at an Amala Buka near Tinubu Square.Tinubu's father ,Buharis father and Azikiwe's father signed on behalf of the West,North and East respectively but Queen Elizabeths father after signing sneezed on the document( because the Atarodo Pepper was too much in the Oily Yoruba Soup.So the document exist in the UK but we can't. See what is written clearly on it.

This is not sexuality or dating section where you are very prominent.
If you don't have any meaningful thing to add, just keep watching your Afmag. The import of things like.this, is way beyond your level .

Other well meaning, well informed Nigerians will assist to research further on the documents while you keep languishing in your pathetic pain.

2 Likes

Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by ThankGodEdeh(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
I dont know the authenticity of the existence of any of such document. The only thing that is for sure is that there is an element of truth in every rumour.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Fkforyou(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
It seems such document exist I've seen some proofs using Google although I can't find it in wikipedia yet.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Blakjewelry(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
My dad use to say something like that but i dont take him seriously, i will reraise the the issue when i meet with him.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by papparatzzi2013: 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Blakjewelry: My dad use to say something like that but i dont take him seriously, i will reraise the the issue when i meet with him.

Thanks. Please do.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by hopilo: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
just found the document on this link. unbeliveable

http:
//nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/071013.html
EXPIRATION OF THE CONJUGAL VOW OF THE CONJOINED TWINS OF NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN NIGERIA
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by IGBOSON1: 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
Good......can't wait! smiley

If it's within my power to choose who to share a country with, i'd say Ndigbo go it alone......and at the very least, share a confederal arrangement with Efik, Annag and Ibibios!

One Nigeria no be by force!
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 19, 2013
MOD, ATTENTION!!!

Tonto Dike and Beverly Osu says they want this thread on FP. Tenks
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Raymonbell(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2013
I watched a programme on channels tv where secretary to the federal govt (Anyim pius) was interviewed and this question pop up, he denied the existence of such document but i will try to find out from an emeritus prof if such document exist(make ASUU resume first)
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by saintade01(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2013
Ok this is becoming more disturbing.
#fingerscrossed undecided
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Kponkwem(m): 10:11am On Oct 19, 2013
We are watching. Nigeria has been sustained thus far on blood letting and lies
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Amachasunday: 9:39am On Dec 13, 2013
Weather or not,naija is a devisible entity.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Youngzedd(m): 11:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
17 minutes to go.
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by MayorofLagos(m): 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Good......can't wait! smiley

If it's within my power to choose who to share a country with, i'd say Ndigbo go it alone......and at the very least, share a confederal arrangement with Efik, Annag and Ibibios!

One Nigeria no be by force!

I didnt see Yoruba in your list. You are a racist!
Re: Expiration Of Amalgamation Of Nigeria On Jan 1, 2014 by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 01, 2014
Raymonbell: I watched a programme on channels tv where secretary to the federal govt (Anyim pius) was interviewed and this question pop up, he denied the existence of such document but i will try to find out from an emeritus prof if such document exist(make ASUU resume first)

The document is real
https://www.nairaland.com/1575719/breaking-news-radio-biafra-possession/4#20591830

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED!! Full List Of Boko Haram Sponsors In Nigeria / Lokoja-okene Road Is No Go Route. Travelers Take Note / How I Was Robbed By Two IPOB Members Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.