Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Christianity And Drinking Of Wine - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Drinking Of Wine (5472 Views)

Ogun Pastor Turns Bottled-Water To Wine Inside Church (Video) / Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
The very instance that Timothy was told/permitted to take wine for his health is indication that he was priorly forbidden.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun: @rapture_ready
Stop forcing your opinion into scripture as none of the verses you quoted forbids a christian from taking wine.

Hi pastor kun, sori I couldn't get bak 2 u, had stuff 2 do. Those verses I quoted say "woe" which if I remember correctly means "cursed". What other way can something be more strongly condemned than attaching "cursed" to it?

Like when Jesus said "woe unto you scribes and pharisees, hypocrites..." Does it mean that we can indulge in hypocrisy in moderation, only don't do it in excess?

Pastor Kun: Even our lord Jesus Christ took alcoholic wine contrary to the impression you are trying to create. Luke 7:33-34 makes it clear the wine in question is alcoholic otherwise the issue of being drunk would not even arise.

Luke 7:33
33 For John the Baptist is come eating no bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a demon. 34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold, a gluttonous man, and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and sinners!

I think you may be interpreting luke 7:33 out of context. If you look at it from verse 24 - 35 or at least from verse 30, you will see what he was trying to say.

The pharisees and lawmakers who had rejected John the baptist for his lifestyle where rejecting him also

Luke 7:30 ...but the pharisees and lawmakers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptised of him...

And Jesus said in verse 31

Luke 7:31 ...whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? And to what are they like?

Pay attention to the later part of verse 32

Luke 7:32b ...we have piped unto you and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you and ye have not danced.

Jesus was saying; We do una like this, una no wan take; we still do una dis oda way una still no wan take. How we go cari do una na?

This is prelude to what he was saying in verse 33-34, which means; John the baptist came to you in this way, you rejected him and me I came in another way and yet you still reject me.

He was rebuking the pharisees for using fault-finding to reject God's word.

Luke 7:33-34 in the right context means "to you, somebody who neither eats nor drinks has a demon, and somebody who eats and drinks is a glutton and drunkard, who then will you people accept?
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Image123: The very instance that Timothy was told/permitted to take wine for his health is indication that he was priorly forbidden.

Why don't you just supply us scriptures that states it was forbidden instead of making daft assumptions
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by nora544: 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why don't you just supply us scriptures that states it was forbidden instead of making daft assumptions

He is searching, and he will find nothing. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
rapture_ready:

Hi pastor kun, sori I couldn't get bak 2 u, had stuff 2 do. Those verses I quoted say "woe" which if I remember correctly means "cursed". What other way can something be more strongly condemned than attaching "cursed" to it?

Like when Jesus said "woe unto you scribes and pharisees, hypocrites..." Does it mean that we can indulge in hypocrisy in moderation, only don't do it in excess?

I think you may be interpreting luke 7:33 out of context. If you look at it from verse 24 - 35 or at least from verse 30, you will see what he was trying to say.

The pharisees and lawmakers who had rejected John the baptist for his lifestyle where rejecting him also

Luke 7:30 ...but the pharisees and lawmakers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptised of him...

And Jesus said in verse 31

Luke 7:31 ...whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? And to what are they like?

Pay attention to the later part of verse 32

Luke 7:32b ...we have piped unto you and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you and ye have not danced.

Jesus was saying; We do una like this, una no wan take; we still do una dis oda way una still no wan take. How we go cari do una na?

This is prelude to what he was saying in verse 33-34, which means; John the baptist came to you in this way, you rejected him and me I came in another way and yet you still reject me.

He was rebuking the pharisees for using fault-finding to reject God's word.

Luke 7:33-34 in the right context means "to you, somebody who neither eats nor drinks has a demon, and somebody who eats and drinks is a glutton and drunkard, who then will you people accept?

Stop trying to twist scriptures bros, Jesus stated very clearly in the verse that he drinks alcoholic wine and hypocrites accuse him of being a drunkard just because he drinks wine. It's crystal clear from that passage that Jesus not only drank wine but the wine was also alcoholic otherwise there would have been no reason to accuse him of being a drunkard if it was just fruit juice. Of course I don't need to remind you that Jesus also produced alcoholic wine at the wedding in canaan and he shared wine with his disciples at the last supper amongst several other occasions.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

i see you dodged the two posts i gave past 12pm today. i already gave Proverbs 31:4 as well. There is no assuming. Timothy was permitted to drink wine on health grounds, yes or no?
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Image123: Just did a quick search to help some to a link that says something similar. Note the following quote from the link.
"In many countries any drink with less than 0.5% ABV can legally be
described as non-alcoholic , because your body can metabolise the
alcohol as fast as you consume the drink. Although all orange juice
contains alcohol, the quantity is low enough that you won’t get
intoxicated from it, even if you drink many glasses of it. However in
places with zero-tolerance rules against driving with any measurable
alcohol in your blood, you might need to be careful if you are a very
heavy orange juice drinker."

http://quezi.com/14067
Image123:

Learned people know that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, and that there is nothing unclean of itself. Learned people also know that every fruit contains sugar and ethanol. The content/percentage increases with fermentation. This is basic science and rural palm wine knowledge. Your sugar, your coca-cola, your medicine, lt all contains the likes of alcohol, cocaine, hemp and such banned substances.
Google is still free for your learning. You can't compare the fruit of the vine and whatever other fruit juice with alcohol content of about 0.1% or less to the likes of gin and whisky(above 40% alcohol), spirit(above 80%), brandy(35%) or beer(above 2% depending on which and not to mention the fishes and carton devourers that help multiply the percentage).
The bible solemnly discourages intake of alcoholic wine.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Image123:

i see you dodged the two posts i gave past 12pm today. i already gave Proverbs 31:4 as well. There is no assuming. Timothy was permitted to drink wine on health grounds, yes or no?

Since when did a proverb of solomon become a commandment from God And listen to yourself, based of your daft logic you are saying Paul permitted timothy to sin on health grounds undecided you can as well say Jesus permitted his disciples to sin at the last supper and further gave all christians instruction to sin when he said we should take wine and bread in his memory.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Since when did a proverb of solomon become a commandment from God And listen to yourself, based of your daft logic you are saying Paul permitted timothy to sin on health grounds undecided you can as well say Jesus permitted his disciples to sin at the last supper and further gave all christians instruction to sin when he said we should take wine and bread in his memory.

You're the artless dodger na, keep it down.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

If you have a problem with the book of proverbs, check out;

Eph 5:18 ...and be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the spirit

And sir please try not to resort to insults in an attempt to win an argument, it does not look well on any child of God. Remember the bible said "by their fruits you shall know them" and "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh" embarassed

Paul wasn't asking timothy to sin. Like I said before he was asking him to take medicine, as the verse stresses; "for thy stomach's sake". If you have a medical condition and are prescribed alcohol or alcohol based drugs for treatment, IT IS NO SIN TO TAKE YOUR MEDICATION!
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Eph 5:18 ...and be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the spirit
@rapture ready
Even this verse you quoted implies that you can drink wine as long as you don't get drunk. It buttresses my point which says that moderation is key. That said if taking of alcohol is a sin Paul would never have advised Timothy to use it for medication.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by ayoku777(m): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
simple2004: is it a sin for christian to drink wine or alcoholic drinks? matured answers with bible references from christian pls.

The wine that Jesus drank at the passover is the same wine the apostles drink during the communion.

And Paul, when rebuking the greediness of the corinthians during communion in 1Cor 11v21 said 'For in eating everyone taketh before other his own supper, and one is hungry and another is DRUNKEN'.

You can NEVER get drunk on a non-alcoholic wine. So the wine the early church drank and even used for communion was ALCOHOLIC. So scripture is not against taking wine, indiscretion is what scripture rebuked.

So its not a sin to take wine, but let everything be done in moderation

3 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Stop trying to twist scriptures bros,

Funny enough this is the exact same thing Jesus was trying to address in Luke 7:30-35 wink
I speak and quote bible= U r trying to twist scriptures
I speak, I no quote bible= U r speaking ur opinion, bak it up wit scriptural references
Wetin man go do 4 nairalanders?

Pastor Kun:
Jesus stated very clearly in the verse that he drinks alcoholic wine and hypocrites accuse him of being a drunkard just because he drinks wine.

The way you say "stated very clearly", makes me wonder. Did he say "eating and drinking wine"? He said "the son of man is come eating and drinking" which could mean anything; drinking water, juice, tea, ice-cream, maltina, fanta, :-D etc.

Pastor Kun:
It's crystal clear from that passage that Jesus not only drank wine but the wine was also alcoholic otherwise there would have been no reason to accuse him of being a drunkard if it was just fruit juice.

Nobody accused Jesus of anything. In fact, in Luke 7:18-35 they were not even talking about Jesus, but John the baptist. Jesus only compared himself to John the baptist to rebuke the pharisees for refusing to believe either of them, as in; "John the baptist come, una say him get demon, me I don come now, una don start to de call me glutton/drunkard"

Pastor Kun:
Of course I don't need to remind you that Jesus also produced alcoholic wine at the wedding in canaan and he shared wine with his disciples at the last supper amongst several other occasions.

Actually, go ahead and remind me, WHERE DID THE BIBLE EXPLICITLY STATE THAT IT WAS ALL ALCOHOLIC?
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
ayoku777:

The wine that Jesus drank at the passover is the same wine the apostles drink during the communion.

And Paul, when rebuking the greediness of the corinthians during communion in 1Cor 11v21 said 'For in eating everyone taketh before other his own supper, and one is hungry and another is DRUNKEN'.

You can NEVER get drunk on a non-alcoholic wine. So the wine the early church drank and even used for communion was ALCOHOLIC. So scripture is not against taking wine, indiscretion is what scripture rebuked.

Thanx so much for the scripture above. I have been trying to remember the verse so as to quote it. It also proves beyond any iota of reasonable doubt that the wine Jesus and the apostles drank is alcoholic even though some hypocrites would rather twist scriptures and force their ill informed opinions on believers.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I 4got to add, the bible says;

2 Tim 3:16-17 ... All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction and instruction in righteousness.
That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Don't dodge this one, pls I beg you retract that ungodly statement
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by simple2004(m): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thanks everybody. i'm seriously learning from ur contributions.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Lordlexyy: 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
On the basis of what was Christ accused of drunkenness? Was it on juice or alcoholic wine? The fact that drukenness was attached to what ever substance He took suggest that He actual took alcoholic wine. Moreover, Paul admonishing timothy to take a little wine, shows that the consumption of it is not sin itself but it abuses. Like timothy, most ppl take it for diff reasons, some for merryment which the bible is never against, others on health ground et al. Which ever way, the effect of it subjectively tells if you have sin or not, thus the scripture that says what a man takes in doesn't condemn him but what comes out of him.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lordlexyy: On the basis of what was Christ accused of drunkenness? Was it on juice or alcoholic wine? The fact that drukenness was attached to what ever substance He took suggest that He actual took alcoholic wine. Moreover, Paul admonishing timothy to take a little wine, shows that the consumption of it is not sin itself but it abuses. Like timothy, most ppl take it for diff reasons, some for merryment which the bible is never against, others on health ground et al. Which ever way, the effect of it subjectively tells if you have sin or not, thus the scripture that says what a man takes in doesn't condemn him but what comes out of him.

There Jesus was actually responding to the pharisees who where accusing him of eating with unwashed hands.

I mean, suppose I decide to eat another man's flesh, it does not defile/condemn me?
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
ayoku777:

Paul was talking about the way the corinthian church scrambled for food and drink during communion. In that verse he used "drunken" as a hyperbole/exaggeration to buttress his point; "and one is hungry while another is drunken"

This may be seen in the way he continued in verse 22;

"What! Do you not have your own houses and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing?

He was only talking about their conduct during holy communion, not whether the drink used was alcohol or not. The verse is no veritable proof that the drink which the early church drank was alcoholic, like you state.

When you interpret bible verses in isolation, you may come up with warped meanings. Afterall, a verse in the bible says;

Prov 6:30 ... Men do not suffer a thief if he steals to satisfy his appetite when he is hungry.

Does that mean that if I am hungry I can steal? Stealing is not sin if I am hungry?

However if you go ahead to read verse 31, you will understand what the verse is saying.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Thanx so much for the scripture above. I have been trying to remember the verse so as to quote it. It also proves beyond any iota of reasonable doubt that the wine Jesus and the apostles drank is alcoholic even though some hypocrites would rather twist scriptures and force their ill informed opinions on believers.

1. Like I stated above, the verse does not.

2. Somebody disagreeing with your point of view don't make him "daft", a "hypocrite" or "ill-informed"

The bible says something vital;

James 1:26 ... If any man among you seem to be religious and bridleth not his tongue (or fingersgrin), this man's religion is vain.

James 3:9-12 ... Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the simlitude of God
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethen, these things ought not so to be...

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lordlexyy: On the basis of what was Christ accused of drunkenness? Was it on juice or alcoholic wine? The fact that drukenness was attached to what ever substance He took suggest that He actual took alcoholic wine. Moreover, Paul admonishing timothy to take a little wine, shows that the consumption of it is not sin itself but it abuses. Like timothy, most ppl take it for diff reasons, some for merryment which the bible is never against, others on health ground et al. Which ever way, the effect of it subjectively tells if you have sin or not, thus the scripture that says what a man takes in doesn't condemn him but what comes out of him.

Oh, what of the fact that devil possession was attached?
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
rapture_ready:

1. Like I stated above, the verse does not.

2. Somebody disagreeing with your point of view don't make him "daft", a "hypocrite" or "ill-informed"

The bible says something vital;

James 1:26 ... If any man among you seem to be religious and bridleth not his tongue (or fingersgrin), this man's religion is vain.

James 3:9-12 ... Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the simlitude of God
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethen, these things ought not so to be...

Kunle is not exactly what one would call a christian.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
ayoku777:

The Bible claims that one can get drunk on non alcoholic wine. See these for instance.
Isa 51:21 Therefore hear now this, thou afflicted, and drunken, but not with wine:
Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

To be drunken can refer to excess of something, like when someone is power drunk. Also, the wine Jesus took at the Lord's Supper was the fruit of the vine, NEW.
Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Mar 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

The wine at Cana was also GOOD. It was simply the fruit of the vine, or vine juice abi na grape juice.
Joh 2:10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 11:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Image123:

Kunle is not exactly what one would call a christian.

Ah ah na, image,

The guy has some strong views, and unfortunately an unwholesome style of passing them across.

However, make u no pass dat kain judgement on am na.

Na u die 4 him sins? grin

Let's all have a civil discussion in brotherhood. cool

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
rapture_ready:

Ah ah na, image,

The guy has some strong views, and unfortunately an unwholesome style of passing them across.

However, make u no pass dat kain judgement on am na.

Na u die 4 him sins? grin

Let's all have a civil discussion in brotherhood. cool
i know him, that's why. No wahala, lets have a civil discussion. If he ever was purged, he obviously lacks the desired fruits.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
For those of you who will keep saying "Jesus turned water into wine na", pls read this first

The Greek word translated wine in
chapter 2 of John's Gospel is the word
"oinos" – a general term that does not
always refer to a fermented beverage.
A bible scholar put it like this;

"Throughout ancient times the
word was used to refer to fruit
juices, primarily grape juice,
without regard to whether or not it
was fermented, or had turned to
vinegar. Recipes for preparing
various kinds of wines without
fermentation have been preserved
by writers of antiquity; and the
common practice of boiling their
wines, and also of largely diluting
them, showed that the action of
fermentation was not regarded by
the ancients as essential to the
existence of "oinos". Many authorities
agree that the Greek use of
"oinos" included fresh grape
juice."

There is a sense in which God/Jesus
turns water into wine year after year
in vineyards everywhere around the
world. The rains fall from the
heavens, the roots take in the
moisture, the sunshine, and process
the elements. Slowly comes
the
bloom on the branches, the grapes
then form and ripen. In the miracle at
Cana, Jesus simply sped up the
process.
If Jesus had however wanted us to be drinking alcohol the juice in the grapefruit from vines will have naturally been coming out as alcohol!

For those who sing "moderation, moderation..."
If Jesus had turned water into alcoholic wine at cana, why did he not tell them BY HIMSELF to drink it in moderation

Are we saying that Jesus deliberately turned gallons upon gallons of water into alcohol at a wedding and gave it to everybody to drink without restriction?

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by ayoku777(m): 3:32am On Oct 21, 2013
This is why i don't reply most posts. This is what scripture calls 'gainsaying'. When it suits you, you say a passage or word in scripture is literal, when it doesn't suit you, you call it a 'hyperbole' or 'figurative' expression

So paul was talking about REAL bread and REAL wine, but he meant 'hungry' and 'drunken' figuratively

So the disciples were 'figuratively' drunk during communion?

When christians begin to interprete scriptures this way, its called gainsaying.

Was it not the same fruit of the vine that Jesus drank that Noah also drank and got drunk?

Gen 9v20-21 ...and Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a VINEYARD. And he drank of the wine and was DRUNKEN.

Or drunken here is also figurative? Or his own was not new like that of Jesus? Vine wine is alcoholic old or new. And it will get you drunk if you take it without discretion.

Stop gainsaying - saying passages are figurative or literal as it suits your view. Thats trying to make scriptures say what you want it to say.

You so badly want to say the wine Jesus and the disciples drank is not alcoholic, and you're willing to gainsay to do that. But vine wine is alcoholic, whether its old or new. Thats why on the day of pentecost, when they were mocking the believers, they said in acts 2v13 ...others mocking said, These men are full of NEW wine.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Goshen360(m): 4:03am On Oct 21, 2013
ayoku777: This is why i don't reply most posts. This is what scripture calls 'gainsaying'. When it suits you, you say a passage or word in scripture is literal, when it doesn't suit you, you call it a 'hyperbole' or 'figurative' expression

So paul was talking about REAL bread and REAL wine, but he meant 'hungry' and 'drunken' figuratively

So the disciples were 'figuratively' drunk during communion?

When christians begin to interprete scriptures this way, its called gainsaying.

Was it not the same fruit of the vine that Jesus drank that Noah also drank and got drunk?

Gen 9v20-21 ...and Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a VINEYARD. And he drank of the wine and was DRUNKEN.

Or drunken here is also figurative? Or his own was not new like that of Jesus? Vine wine is alcoholic old or new. And it will get you drunk if you take it without discretion.

Stop gainsaying - saying passages are figurative or literal as it suits your view. Thats trying to make scriptures say what you want it to say. You so badly want to say the wine Jesus and the disciples drank is not alcoholic. But vine wine is alcoholic.

Why do you have to force me to come and say something in this thread today? I have been reading many threads offline throughout today but decided not to comment. Yours is truly the truth - these people are gainsayers though are from the brethren. They can't deal with simple truth and plain scriptures. They want to force their own opinion into what was written but the Apostle said "do not go beyond what is written".

I have said it before and will say it again, a law-led Christian will always see sin in every action s\he does or will ask question such as, is it a sin to drink wine? But a Spirit-led Christian will ask the Spirit, can I drink some wine today? There's work to do among Christians, especially, the Nigerian Christians.

Oh before I forget, they can deal with the words of our Lord since every word of Christ applies to Christians he said and I quote, "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man but what comes out of from his mouth for out of the heart, the mouth speaks"

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by ayoku777(m): 4:09am On Oct 21, 2013
Goshen360:

Why do you have to force me to come and say something in this thread today? I have been reading many threads offline throughout today but decided not to comment. Yours is truly the truth - these people are gainsayers though are from the brethren. They can't deal with simple truth and plain scriptures. They want to force their own opinion into what was written but the Apostle said "do not go beyond what is written".

I have said it before and will say it again, a law-led Christian will always see sin in every action s\he does or will ask question such as, is it a sin to drink wine? But a Spirit-led Christian will ask the Spirit, can I drink some wine today? There's work to do among Christians, especially, the Nigerian Christians.

Oh before I forget, they can deal with the words of our Lord since every word of Christ applies to Christians he said and I quote, "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man but what comes out of from his mouth for out of the heart, the mouth speaks"

Totally agree with you here. Once we become gainsayers, the scriptures can no more instruct us, coz we will interprete it with our sentiments.

How have you been?
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Goshen360(m): 5:49am On Oct 21, 2013
ayoku777:

Totally agree with you here. Once we become gainsayers, the scriptures can no more instruct us, coz we will interprete it with our sentiments.

How have you been?

My brother, I dey o, just busy these days.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 7:35am On Oct 21, 2013
rapture_ready: If Jesus had however wanted us to be drinking alcohol the juice in the grapefruit from vines will have naturally been coming out as alcohol!

So what would you say about palmwine that God produced for our consumption as alcoholic

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2013
Some relevant scripture for the gainsayers:

Colossians 2:8
8 Take heed lest there shall be any one that maketh spoil of you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ:

Colossians 2:16
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink , or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day:

Colossians 2:21
21 Handle not, nor taste , nor touch
22( all which things are to perish with the using), after the precepts and doctrines of men?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis Where Did You Get This Word From? / Party! Party!! Party!!! / According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.