Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria (2984 Views)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / When You Stay Abroad And Leave Your Wife And Little Kids Back Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
I'm still wondering if all my family and friends LID have forgotten they have a sister/friend like me.

When I hear how people send money to their relatives in Nigeria, I wonder why my own is different . . . embarassed embarassed embarassed

Sooo many times I've prayed that someone will send me GBPs or USDs . . . still nothing. Last my husband's friend came visiting from the UK. Stayed in our house, ate our food and still 'borrowed' 20k from hubby. We said bye bye to the money the day he left . . Even one chocolate I no see . . . embarassed embarassed

who are you people sending this money to abeg undecided

1 Like

Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Woged2005(f): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ujujoan: I'm still wondering if all my family and friends LID have forgotten they have a sister/friend like me.

When I hear how people send money to their relatives in Nigeria, I wonder why my own is different . . . embarassed embarassed embarassed

Sooo many times I've prayed that someone will send me GBPs or USDs . . . still nothing. Last my husband's friend came visiting from the UK. Stayed in our house, ate our food and still 'borrowed' 20k from hubby. We said bye bye to the money the day he left . . Even one chocolate I no see . . . embarassed embarassed

who are you people sending this money to abeg undecided

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. Laughing out loud here. My sister the difference is that u're well-raised, have a sense of pride, self-contented & therefore do not beg. Some of these pple we're talking about know how to whip up sympathy & sentiments...b4 u could even say 'No' they are full of teary eyes, shaky voice kneeling down, creating a drama. They're the same bank managers who'll never pay for call, rather flash u to call them back so that u'll pay for the call grin cheesy grin. Some of our naija sistas can be drama queens sometimes honestly, even abroad..

1 Like

Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
I know about professional beggars nah . . . They exist everywhere.

Some of them even dress better than you and yet feel comfortable asking you for money embarassed embarassed

It's not only you guys LID they disturb oh, for us it's even worse because we are closer and within their reach. I've told my husband we'll start begging them too so that they'll stop thinking we have it all! angry angry For now I've learnt how to say NO and bone my face . . . . nothing dey happen.

Meanwhile, will you be the one to bless me with my first western union encounter? wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by EfemenaXY: 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
Uju, abeg define the term professional begger...I'm intrigued. cheesy cheesy
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2013
Honestly to beg just in some people's nature. Last year, a friend came visiting, I hosted her to the best of my ability that period. I admit I wasn't an excellent host because of the workload I had at that point in time, so we couldn't always hang out etc. but i made sure she was comfortable at my place, cooking, whenever i am too tired we eat out at good restaurants on my dime. the day she was leaving, she stopped and asked me didn't I buy any gift for her angry. I was puzzled to say the least

1 Like

Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Woged2005(f): 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ujujoan: Meanwhile, will you be the one to bless me with my first western union encounter? wink cheesy

Honestly you really deserve it. I follow ur comments. U and @greatgod see things differently and have touched many people's lives, perhaps saved many marriages from collapse and many from committing suicide. I'm sending you a heavenly 'western Union' now, your MTN number is 'AMEN', receive it IJN:

"May God fill your days with a long, healthy, fulfilling life. Cancer, stroke, ailments, accidents, robbers, kidnappers, and all man-made curses shall never find their ways to you or ur family. The blood of the lamb is hereby smeared on your 'door' and on all good-hearted Nairalanders. There will be a passover over you. Before the end of this year you will share a post of a wonderful testimony of His favor on you.

May those who agree click like to say Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
Western union don block my account until further notice.

So na siddon look we dey.
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Woged2005:

Honestly you really deserve it. I follow ur comments. U and @greatgod see things differently and have touched many people's lives, perhaps saved many marriages from collapse and many from committing suicide. I'm sending you a heavenly 'western Union' now, your MTN number is 'AMEN', receive it IJN:

"May God fill your days with a long, healthy, fulfilling life. Cancer, stroke, ailments, accidents, robbers, kidnappers, and all man-made curses shall never find their ways to you or ur family. The blood of the lamb is hereby smeared on your 'door' and on all good-hearted Nairalanders. There will be a passover over you. Before the end of this year you will share a post of a wonderful testimony of His favor on you.

May those who agree click like to say Amen.

AMEN and AMEN!!!

My sister you too much jor . . This is the best western union ever kiss
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
Efemena_xy: Uju, abeg define the term professional begger...I'm intrigued. cheesy cheesy

Efe you know nah . .

I'm sure you've experienced them grin grin
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by tpia5: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
dont know why people like giving christianity a bad name.

This is what the bible says:

1 Tim 5
8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

ke ma s'adura bi epe nbe.

always looking for who will pray for you, small time now una go dey abuse pastors say dem dey buy jet.

boy'enu awon mi nro, won le s'adura fara tiwon.
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Woged2005(f): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
tpia@:
dont know why people like giving christianity a bad name.

This is what the bible says:

1 Tim 5

ke ma s'adura bi epe nbe.

always looking for who will pray for you, small time now una go dey abuse pastors say dem dey buy jet. boy'enu awon mi nro, won le s'adura fara tiwon.

I agree with you. We Nigerians are known for bending the scriptures to suit whatever we are doing (good or bad). There are some bible justifications you hear only in Nigeria and no other Christian nation. In all there's no reason to justify taking advantage of people. If we stop subsiding irresponsibility maybe some ills in Nigeria will clean itself. Maybe we need to start factoring in the past, and background of some people to know the role they played in the state they are in today. You can't eat ur cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by tpia5: 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
I agree something is wrong with your background.

But is nairaland the place to hash out your issues, or why do you spam the forum with threads abusing your relatives?

I'm tired of reading about your dysfunctional life, any chance you can keep your moaning and whining to yourself?
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by tpia5: 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
As per the bible verse i quoted, if you have a rebuttal, lets hear it.

Where in your own bible does it say to curse out and mock your relatives for being poor and asking for assistance?

Bible verses only plz!
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Woged2005(f): 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
tpia@:
I agree something is wrong with your background.

But is nairaland the place to hash out your issues, or why do you spam the forum with threads abusing your relatives? I'm tired of reading about your dysfunctional life, any chance you can keep your moaning and whining to yourself?

My dear, out of every one dissenting voice, if there are 10 voices that 'Like', that's what matters, because it shows more people benefit and happy than those who don't benefit and are angry. However, silence is golden sometimes when you don't agree. That's a better way for matured minds to handle people they don't agree with. As for me nothing puts a negative word in my mouth! U're still a beautiful & wonderful person!!. grin
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by tpia5: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
Can you save this your yellow silence for your relatives and spare us on nl your eternal whining and complaining about this and that?

Unless seun hired you to chase people off the forum!

Your nagging alone would chase anybody from your front!
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Woged2005(f): 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
tpia@:
Can you save this your yellow silence for your relatives and spare us on nl your eternal whining and complaining about this and that? Unless seun hired you to chase people off the forum! Your nagging alone would chase anybody from your front!

Read Nairaland rules too. Hate and hate words get people banned too. Don't blame me if it happens. Happy people are far in majority than angry people around the world. Let's thank God for that. Fe minutes ago you were quoting bible. All ur pots are full of bible quotes. True Christians don't hate! B-u-s-t-e-d!!!

As I said before. Enjoy your daaaaay! I'm haaaapyyy & will keep posting things that keep u angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by tpia5: 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
You're the one continually whining and insulting your relatives on a public forum.

Calling them beggars, hating on them and spewing all manner of trash as if anybody cares what you do with your frigging chicken change wey you dey take disturb western union.

In what way and what universe do you consider that christianity?

Maybe you are a pastors clothes washer and thus feel that is your key to heaven?

Washing pastor's drawls?
Re: I Feel So Manipulated & Used By Some People Back Home In Nigeria by Woged2005(f): 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
tpia@:
"....your frigging chicken change wey you dey take disturb western union.."

Confirmed! Teenager! ...adults don't use language like this in public forum. Please spend more time on studies not on the internet. Seun makes money through adverts when good posts draw traffic to his blog, not through childish bla-bla-bla... spend more time in improving yourself/ skills!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Moms Tears Weaks Me Each Time I Try To Find My Way Out / Unique Wedding Souvenirs Needed Urgently / Do Think This Marriage Will Work? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.