Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage (594 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Opinions pls,on family members searching for wife for you,as to you searching for the kinda person you want....
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
U are better off staying alone.
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Do pple still do dat??
Re: Marriage by Tyche(m): 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Come to think of it, we have high rate of divorce and failed marriages unlike in the days of old.

Despite our claims that courtship helps us to understand our partner more, men of old who never courted had less or virtually no failed relationships than we do today.

Food for thought
Re: Marriage by Coolie89(m): 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Arranged marriage might work and it might not,in the olden days arranged marriage had a very good success rate as opposed to nowadays because of civilization and exposure(Nowadays eye don tear lolz).
Re: Marriage by Bootylicious(f): 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Arranged marriage seem to b more successful so far the two parties involved weren't forced. There was high success rate of arranged marriage in the olden days, and lots of Asians do more of arranged marriage and it seems 2b working fine.. the truth is most people love based on selfish reasons and when those factors ain't there anymore tins get sour. My friends in arranged marriage told me how scared they were making the decision and how DETERMINED they were to make the marriage work, accepting some1 not knowing whom and their worth unlike love marriage where decisions are based on the tins we see and know... The idea of an arranged marriage is still better than going for cyber/bbm love.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2013
Yes, there is nothing wrong with it, if u can't find a suitable partner, allow your family to do it for u and don't listen to presumed modern and over-civilized people that will come discouraging it and may likely end up in an unsuccessful marriage themselves after all their gara-gara of being westernised and boasting of being more exposed, enlightened, civilized and all.

Arranged marriage from family works often because the two parties will be aware that they are coming solely to build family and future home rather than for selfish reasons:

E.g man going after a woman for the sole purpose of sex, and woman accepting to date/marry a man for the sole purpose of getting material/monetary gains or favours.

So don't say no to it...give it a chance, its even safer, better and stand greater chances of success so long as the person is okay to u and u are not coerced or forced to date or marry the person.

We are living in the era and generation of selfishness and greed.

We people of nowadays are too selfish, greedy and inconsiderate; we date for our own selfish reasons without considering the other person.

And if I may ask, y do most people date today? Guys date or go into relationship to have sex while ladies most often do to get a care taker monetary and material wise. So what's there in a relationship

Note: don't pay heed to teens and kids who will come telling u that its old fashioned, that y can't u find one yourself cos they no nothing about life yet until life teaches them some lessonsgrin

1 Like

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2013
aπϑ i tot i knew it all;tnxx nairalanders for the tips so far,really love all your points of view....wil really love 2 hear alot more on other people's point of view,cos †ђA̶̲̥̅†s one of the tins i find interesting on nairaland;"other people's unprejudiced point of view....pls kip it coming...m really gr8ful....

(1) (Reply)

7 Funny Restrictions On Women’s Rights Around The World / My Problems / Worst Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.