Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,604 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:16 AM

Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. (1070 Views)

Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by TheRealMrStan(m): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
Angry young blogger. angry

http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2013/10/bbcs-alex-preston-idiotic-view-of.html
BBC’S ALEX PRESTON: AN 'IDIOTIC' VIEW OF NIGERIA'S ABUJA.

Bumped into this very annoying recent BBC article on Abuja.

You might want to read the said BBC’s article here before continuing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24404633

The real question is, can a city ever be termed as being ‘completed’ or ‘finished’? Talk less of a 35 year old Abuja built from scratch by Nigerians-a city without any colonial heritage unlike the coastal, unplanned and exploitative West African cities that the British left behind as at independence.

Abuja built on 'stolen' land?

Are the Gwaris not Nigerians, located and residing in the hinterland of Nigeria? Surely there may still be issues but to the best of my knowledge majority of the original settlers of Abuja were compensated and resettled.

In spite of all this, the Gwaris (as Nigerians) still have unlimited access to Abuja city and have not being discriminated against or treated to any form of APARTHEID unlike what the BBC's home country did to indigenes of her conquered territories.

As for the BBC going further to paint Abuja (and Nigerians) in a derogatory manner, I’d like to know what their motives are. Is the BBC trying to instigate the Gwaris against the Nigerian government?

Like we don’t already have enough problems with Boko Haram,Niger-Delta Militants...and ASUU.

Nigeria should in fact be commended for being one of the first black African countries to build a modern landlocked city from scratch. If it's that easy to build a new African city take a trip to Yamoussoukro, the imaginary capital of Ivory Coast, conceived almost same period as Abuja.

Abuja is not yet heaven; it is in fact a massive construction site with scary infrastructural challenges caused by population explosion. But unlike the lies told by BBC’s Alex Preston, Abuja does have many MANY finished inhabited world-class structures...with many more nearing completion.

This piece does not in anyway exonerate Nigeria's past or present crop of leaders for their failings in many areas of Nigerian socio-economic life. Truth be told, most of Nigeria's leadership since independence (especially military rulers) have behaved like chronic idiots over the years. But in fairness to them, they created Abuja and put it on the map as one of Africa's fastest growing international cities.

The only 'idiot' I'm concerned about today is BBC's Alex Preston. My opinion of him is that of a typical western journalist keen on impressing an ignorant western audience with perverted and biased news reports from 'the Dark continent'.

Abuja remains a work in progress; SHE’S JUST 35 YEARS OLD for crying out loud.

How old is BBC's London?

Even the Sheikdom of DUBAI was formally established in 1833.

“Abeg give Nigerians a break jare, we don try!”
http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2013/10/bbcs-alex-preston-idiotic-view-of.html

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by seanet01: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
How about the Maldives that British stole?
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by Boss13: 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
I wonder what BBC’s Alex Preston intends to achieve from his junk journalism and write up. I read the article and noticed obviously the lies imprinted in it. Does he intend to keep his european readers in the dark? The write up is biased and truly unfair. I searched for the comment box to explode but could not find such. I see the propaganda this british press are up again.
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by Uglyduckling: 12:15am On Oct 19, 2013
Awesome write-up! Very intelligent write-up! He clearly represented the facts just the way it is!
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by chimex38: 12:24am On Oct 19, 2013
Kudus to u bro, we shouldnt always believe wat these foreigners say about us as some people do. We should always stand and fight 4 our country. Kudus once again bro. grin
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by urboy1: 12:28am On Oct 19, 2013
When you expect FFK to say something...
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by tobechi20(m): 2:14am On Oct 19, 2013
Nice....but he just want to publicise his blog
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by fr3do(m): 3:51am On Oct 19, 2013
biased journalist fuelling the ignorance of his people. some of them think Africa is a country.
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by Ismahill(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2013
Let him continue to fool is people over there.nyx write up bro
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Ko de nii da fun alex ni BBC o!
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by bloggernaija: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Boss13: I wonder what BBC’s Alex Preston intends to achieve from his junk journalism and write up. I read the article and noticed obviously the lies imprinted in it. Does he intend to keep his european readers in the dark? The write up is biased and truly unfair. I searched for the comment box to explode but could not find such. Isee the propaganda this british press are up again.

I hope you do not believe this drivel you have written here.
I wonder if you even read the main BBC article.
First of all,Abuja does not register on the world map.
It is regarded by almost everybody who has visited as a soulless place.
Heck the politician themselves runaway every weekend
Secondly,the gwari people own Abuja .there are over 2,000,000 of them( enough to be a nation) and if Nigeria were to scatter, Abuja goes straight back to them.
You just to move people off their ancestral property.
There are also no proofs that Abuja was purchased from them.

So thank you Nigeria for the roads and other shinies but now,
CAN WE HAVE OUR LANDS BACK.
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by Aksonman: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2013
bloggernaija:

Secondly,the gwari people own Abuja .there are over 2,000,000 of them( enough to be a nation) and if Nigeria were to scatter, Abuja goes straight back to them.

Oh please,dont be silly...if u say Abuja doesnt register on the world map,i challenge u to watch CNN's and even BBC's global weather reports...Abuja always features. That's how u know when a city is on the map.
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by Aksonman: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2013
tobechi20: Nice....but he just want to publicise his blog
Has anyone stopped u from publicizing ur own blog?
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by vizboy(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2013
nice write up. I think it time to put these guys in their place. Nonsense
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by drnoel: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2013
Did he post this on bbc webpage
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
Akson man:
Oh please,dont be silly...if u say Abuja doesnt register on the world map,i challenge u to watch CNN's and even BBC's global weather reports...Abuja always features. That's how u know when a city is on the map.

Don't mind that stupid bloggernaija and his cohorts, them bastards never wish Nigeria well as long as it doesn't have to do with APC and Yoruba.

You shouldn't disturb urself replying them.
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by eaglechild: 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
bloggernaija:

You want to justify your foolish Lagos belongs to me with this crap you wrote?
You are joking.
Re: Nigerian Blogger Replies Bbc's Alex Preston's Abuja Story. by eaglechild: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
Akson man:
Don't mind that guy.
The response is on point.

(1) (Reply)

Arisekola, Soun, Alaafin, Olubadan’s Children In Ajimobi’s New Cabinet / The Questions Obasanjo Must Answer, By Kashamu / Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.