Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,284 members, 7,846,295 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

''do Not Call Me Commander In Chief Of The Armed Forces'' - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''do Not Call Me Commander In Chief Of The Armed Forces'' - Jonathan (977 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Troops Kill Boko Haram Commander In Borno Forest / Military Captures Injured Boko Haram Commander In Konduga Battle 18th September (2) (3) (4)

(1)

''do Not Call Me Commander In Chief Of The Armed Forces'' - Jonathan by dondumexx(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2013
All government agencies were also directed to use Mr. Jonathan’s official portrait.
In what is a clear departure from the norm, the presidency has ordered all government functionaries to desist from addressing President Goodluck Jonathan as the “Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria” at non-military functions.
The directive is contained in a strongly worded October 14 circular, No SGF/OP/1/S.3/X/664, by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim.
The memo,Thursday, was addressed to the Chief of Staff and Deputy Chief of Staff to the President, ministers, heads of ministries, departments, agencies and parastatals, the leadership of the National Assembly, and government-owned companies.
“It is further directed that except in purely armed forces programmes, Mr. President should not be addressed as the “Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” the statement warned.
“The approved designation of the President for the purposes of all official correspondence, public announcements or Communication should be “The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“I am to stress that for all official purposes, Mr. President should be addressed as follows: ‘His Excellency, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

more : http://dondumex..com/2013/10/do-not-call-me-commander-in-chief-of.html

Re: ''do Not Call Me Commander In Chief Of The Armed Forces'' - Jonathan by edoyad(m): 10:38am On Oct 19, 2013
Very practical, I like this. We are not in a dictatorship, so what's with all the Commander of the bla bla bla , every fricking day ?
Re: ''do Not Call Me Commander In Chief Of The Armed Forces'' - Jonathan by OAM4J: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2013

(1)

Anambra Election: Obi Carpets APC,’ / APC Chief Asks Obasanjo To Quit Politics / GEJ Ridiculed By Kenyans For Bringing 7 Private Jets To Kenyan Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.