Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List (11404 Views)

Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits / Security Agencies Watch-list Supreme Court Justices-the Nations / Fg Places Seven Countries On Terrorism Watch List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
oldenglish: they started attacking him when he arrogated the achievement to cbn gov.
When an air crash occurs, they wont be blame the NCAA DG. They will blame the minister of aviation and president. When there is outcry against corruption, they wont blame EFCC or ICPC chairman. They will blame the president. When foreign reserves fall or Naira depreciates, they wont blame the CBN. They will again blame the president. But when the table turns, and any positive news emerges from any of these sectors, the same elements will turn around to dissociate the president from it. What sort of mentality is that? Why do these elements hate the president so much.

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lol... You are dreaming!
MostIncredible.DFirst:
FRESH AIR. Let's celebrate as Nigerians would now be allowed to register with Paypal and also do business with online merchants without being discriminated against.
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by jmaine: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
When an air crash occurs, they wont be blame the NCAA DG. They will blame the minister of aviation and president. When there is outcry against corruption, they wont blame EFCC or ICPC chairman. They will blame the president. When foreign reserves fall or Naira depreciates, they wont blame the CBN. They will again blame the president. But when the table turns, and any positive news emerges from any of these sectors, the same elements will turn around to dissociate the president from it. What sort of mentality is that? Why do these elements hate the president so much.

Na so we see am oooo!!!! Buncha confused cynic hypocrites

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
I have noticed lately that threads with confirmed positive reports on our country are left to rot behind the scene on the politics section. I hope NL is not once again descending to the dark days of systematic extermination of pro-GEJ threads? First it was the thread on completion of silos nationwide, now this thread. We are watching!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by nduchucks: 12:43am On Oct 20, 2013
We are beginning to reap the fruits of sanusi's cleansing of the banking and financial sectors. I'd vote for Sanusi if he becomes the flagbearer of any party.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 20, 2013
ndu_chucks: We are beginning to reap the fruits of sanusi's cleansing of the banking and financial sectors. I'd vote for Sanusi if he becomes the flagbearer of any party.

grin grin grin Soludo takes credit for the bank consolidation exercise, Sanusi takes credit for FATF clearance - same difference
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 20, 2013
Until I am able to use paypal in Nigeria without hassles as well as escrow.com, all na wash.

Until when I can confidently reveal my ID online and transact business with top foreigners without the fear of losing the business because I am a "Nigerian" then I have no say in this...

I have to feel the FULL impact of this across the international business horizon to know if it worked.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by nduchucks: 1:00am On Oct 20, 2013
eGuerrilla:

grin grin grin Soludo takes credit for the bank consolidation exercise, Sanusi takes credit for FATF clearance - same difference

We are talking about holes in the banks and financial sector which facilitated free for all money laundry. The holes were substantially plugged during Sanusi's tenure. Bank consolidation was good, but did not do much to reduce money laundry.
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 20, 2013
ndu_chucks:

We are talking about holes in the banks and financial sector which facilitated free for all money laundry. The holes were substantially plugged during Sanusi's tenure. Bank consolidation was good, but did not do much to reduce money laundry.

Oh, I am in agreement there.
When I had to update the accounts #s I remit money to, to reflect the new 10-digit format, earlier this year, it was Sanusi's head that I pinned to a dart board, for target practice.

When CAN "went to war" over the new directive about registered companies recently, it was also Sanusi's head that was placed on the chopping blocks. See how I've broken down the common-man understanding of roadside economics for the "usual suspects".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Tintinix: 2:50am On Oct 20, 2013
Ok, so everybody else in the Banking sector except GEJ takes the credit for this... That's fine.
Please what I want to find out are the general implication of getting delisted and how ordinary Nigerians can take advantage of this. Thank you.

NB: Well Done Mr. President.
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2013
I will remain on this thread until it makes front page. If this thread was a negative news about Nigeria, it would have made front page since yesterday.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 20, 2013
Table your request to the mods or at most Mukina because she is a very nice woman. She will definitely do something about it.
Sincere 9gerian: I will remain on this thread until it makes front page. If this thread was a negative news about Nigeria, it would have made front page since yesterday.
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2013
E-Guerrilla, Sincere 9Nigeria, Billyonaire and Manny4life should kindly educate curious minds and clear the coast for easy view and understanding by offering answers to this question.

Thank you..
Tintinix: Ok, so everybody else in the Banking sector except GEJ takes the credit for this... That's fine.
Please what I want to find out are the general implication of getting delisted and how ordinary Nigerians can take advantage of this. Thank you.

NB: Well Done Mr. President.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 20, 2013
Poor things

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 20, 2013
fresh harmatan air blowing
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2013
Jonathan till 2019, Jonathan is working, Nigeria is working.
Haters can go and die

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by hardbody: 10:28am On Oct 20, 2013
eGuerrilla: Nigeria has been moving in the right direction for some time now, thanks in no small measure to the tightening of loopholes by the CBN.

Improving Global AML/CFT Compliance: On-going process - 21 June 2013

CBN and all the other regulators of non bank financial services have done very well. As a Chief Compliance Officer of my organization , I know the level of requirement we were subjected in AML/CFT compliance. I am only hoping that this legal regime will be sustained to ensure we do not relapse.
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by taharqa: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Speaking seriously now, I have learnt smtin new about yr CHARACTER today... It is true what they say: eventuali, everyone takes off their coverings and come bare...#SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by rockafela(m): 10:42am On Oct 20, 2013
oya now to confirm am make them allow us use paypal na cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2013
taharqa: Speaking seriously now, I have smtin new about yr CHARACTER today... It is true what they say: eventuali, everyone takes off their coverings and come bare...#SMH

Listen, although we have our disagreements most of the time, the contextual nature of my responses thus far are pretty clear.
All this talk of "hatred" is simply giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it, and you know.

I have and will continue to bring out the good side of this government in discussion threads I create on these boards.
But what you won't find me doing, no matter the amount of goading, is fawning incessantly while over-celebrating underachievement.

It is really that simple.
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Blacker: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2013
ndu_chucks: We are beginning to reap the fruits of sanusi's cleansing of the banking and financial sectors. I'd vote for Sanusi if he becomes the flagbearer of any party.

Praising the servant at the expense of his master,giving credit to the messenger while ignoring the Sender...praising Sanusi at the expense of GEJ that employed him.Tufiakwa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 20, 2013
hardbody:

CBN and all the other regulators of non bank financial services have done very well. As a Chief Compliance Officer of my organization , I know the level of requirement we were subjected in AML/CFT compliance. I am only hoping that this legal regime will be sustained to ensure we do not relapse.

The emboldened portion of your post is my prayer too.
Despite being removed from the monitored list, my understanding is that there is still a numnber of AML/CFT compliance requirements which needs to be fulfilled.

It will be interesting to do a study on Ghana, to find out what the general experience has been since they exited the monitored list back in February of this year.

Anyone interested in reading through the 'CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA’S ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING/COMBATING THE FINANCING OF TERRORISM (AML/CFT) RISK BASED SUPERVISION (RBS) FRAMEWORK, 2011' can download the pdf file here: [url]http://www.cenbank.org/out/2012/ccd/cbn%20approved%20framework.pdf[/url]
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2013
[size=14pt]So, can we now send western union from Nigeria overseas?[/size]
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by hod898(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2013
Naija keeps developing! Thanks to GEJ and associates. Soon, we'll be among the top 20 economies in the world. Its possible.
#team proudly Nigerian#

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
Will dis news allow me to use paypal here in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by yomalex(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Doesn't mean Paypal will start accepting Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by solomon111(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
yomalex: Doesn't mean Paypal will start accepting Nigerians
Give me one good reason why paypal should start accepting Nigeria when Nigerians themselves are still trying to exploit the system.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by kaeto(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
i would like to silence you only if i knew you in real life. Deep down in me I know you are the father of all hypocrites, a shameless liar and fraud who uses an IGBO subrequet but for real a yoruba man, a confussionist, an igbo hater, a GEJ hater and a core tribalist. Why won't you appreciate GEJ for once like a man with conscience, if you can't appreciate this very giant stride by this administration then it will only be evil to criticize the negetives.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by mediachirps(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
good moves. I just hope it could make PayPal turn a new leave for Nigerian internet entrepreneurs, "I mean open a valid PayPal account without going through back doors"
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
It may not happen, bro. At least not in the next 5 years.

Before paypal will consider Nigeria, the government must take precautionary measures to clean/purge its system of any parasitic channel. They must hunt online fraudsters in Nigeria and this can only be possible where banks play the watchdog role and help to monitor any fraudulent activity within its channels. I also think banks has the most important role in the actualisation of paypal operation in Nigeria like it is obtainable in Kenya where one of their top banks had to partner with another bank in South Africa and bring to shore the paypal service.

mediachirps: good moves. I just hope it could make PayPal turn a new leave for Nigerian internet entrepreneurs, "I mean open a valid PayPal account without going through back doors"
Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
eGuerrilla:

No sir, Nigeria has been moving in the right direction on this front in spite of Jonathan's devil-may-care attitude to corruption, and not because of any concerted efforts being made to stem its spread.

It is to the 2013 Africa Central Bank Governor of the Year that I give credit on this one. grin

Source

U re a deadman talking... You mean to say Sanusi is the one responsible for this development? Which power does he have to do that without taking directives from the President. Is obvious you are a BIG FOOL.

As the days go by, you guys won't stop showing your color and hypocrisy, so you are taking everyone on NL as an illiterate or people without common sense? U have gone madt already as your comments above proofs it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Their days are numbered, soon they will go extinct. Their oga always brief them to make sure that No Good news will be associated with GEJ but all Bad News Must be associtaed with him even if it makes them look like the fools which they are

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Orders Inspection Of Ballot Papers In Akpabio’s Election / Enugu: Tribunal Sacks House of Reps member Okereke (LP), Returns Pdp's Onwuegbu / NUT Protests In Oyo Against Privatization Of Schools – Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.