Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Foundation Linked To Ogun PDP Distributes 1000 Rams And Cows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foundation Linked To Ogun PDP Distributes 1000 Rams And Cows (1001 Views)

Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / Nigerian Army Brings Back Goats And Cows, Chibok Girls Still Not Found / Ogun PDP Expels Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foundation Linked To Ogun PDP Distributes 1000 Rams And Cows by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Still in the spirit of Sallah: Foundation linked to Ogun PDP distributes 1000 rams and cows

In the spirit of Salah and decade old tradition, Prince Buruji Kashamu, the philanthropic founder of Omo-Ilu Foundation, a poverty alleviation think-tank affiliated with the People’s Democratic Party, has successfully distributed an estimated 1000 rams and cows to all Muslim faithful across Ogun State.

The distribution, which took place at his Ijebu-Igbo mansion and included over 5,000 bags of parboiled rice, attracted hundreds of Ogun residents, who started arriving as early as 6 a.m, The Scoop has gathered.

Commenting shortly before handing out the first ram to one of the beneficiaries, Prince Kashamu said that the distribution is in line with the main tenets of Islam, which emphasises the need to give. He also said it’s a continuation of his humanitarian effort.

“This is Salah period,” he said. “And you know all hands are not equal, that’s why I decided to distribute as many rams to Ogun people as possible because I have their utmost interest at heart.”

He said that although “there may be more PDP members here today than any other party, which is understandable because my foundation is officially affiliated with the party, but, make no mistake, we’re distributing this to all Muslim faithful, notwithstanding their political party affiliation or the section of the state they come from. This distribution, just like all other philanthropic endeavors I’ve carried out in the past, will be distributed to all the 20 local governments we have in Ogun State.

“I have been doing this for several years and I will continue to do it for my people.”

Mr. Hakeem Bello, who was amongst the earliest recipients of Prince Kashamu’s Salah gifts, thanked the philanthropist for his undying love for the masses.

“My number one fear as this Salah was approaching has been about how I will kill a ram. Because I kill ram every year. That fear instantly disappeared when I heard my name is on the list of those that will receive ram and rice from Omo-Ilu Foundation.”

“I urge everyone to pray for this man that God continues to bless him for his kindness,” he said.

Another beneficiary of this year’s ram distribution, Femi Daranijo, disclosed that he’s part of the 20,000 APC members who decamped, alongside with Chief Rafiu Ogunleye, former deputy governor to Chief Olusegun Osoba, to the PDP at Abeokuta two weeks ago. He also thanked the philanthropist for the Salah ram gift.

“I and about 20,000 others just decamped to the PDP at Abeokuta earlier this month. At first, some of us were very reluctant to decamp but we did it by faith because we no longer believe in the leadership of Governor Ibikunle Amosun. Chief Rafiu Ogunleye also decamped same day.”

Engineer Bayo Dayo, the state chairman of the PDP who led PDP loyalists from across the state to the venue, told The Scoop that the distribution of Salah rams is the least of what the Omo-Ilu Foundation has in stock for Ogun residents, saying efforts are underway to roll out more benefits which will serve as palliatives to the residents, who he said have seen their economic activities plummet since the APC came to power 2 years ago.

“We may not be at the helm of affairs in Ogun State for now, but we want to let the people know that we’re always with them; they can always count on us for constant delivery of dividends of democracy. And we’re very confident that, come 2015, the people will look back and reflect on how miserable the APC, through demolition of their homes and shops, closure of timber forests among other draconian policies, has made life been for them.”

Mr. Kashamu, who’s arguably the main financier of all PDP activities in Ogun State, has been extending his reach in the party to all the states of the Southwest in recent times, most palpable of which is the emergence of his candidates Chief Fatai Adeyanju and Professor Wole Oladipo as the auditor and national secretary of the PDP, respectively.

Prince Kashamu recently stirred controversy when he said he will spend N1B to flip Ekiti State back to the PDP fold in that state’s next gubernatorial election.

An All People’s Congress’ spokesman from Ijebu-North Local Government Area of the state told The Scoop that, contrary to Prince Kashamu’s claim, the distribution was designed and executed only for the PDP loyalists across the state, saying it’s a vote-buying tactic Ogun residents won’t fall for.

“This is a vote buying tactic, my brother,” he said.

“He did the same thing last year and the year before and they still lost the elections. It’s not going to work with Ogun residents anymore because the goodness of this (Amosun’s) administration will soon be felt in every household across this local government.”

It will be recalled that Prince Buruji Kashamu, through his Omo-Ilu Foundation, distributed about 440,000 liters of kerosene to Ogun residents for a subsidized rate of N50 per liter between June and July this year.

Source
Re: Foundation Linked To Ogun PDP Distributes 1000 Rams And Cows by bloggernaija: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2013
All this PDP Share money ,share ram foundation.
Real charity in yoruba culture affix no name or face to an endowment .
This is no charity.
This is done to derive a benefit which is political patronage
Real charity is a bond between the beneficiary and the giver.
We see this everyday on the street.
I won't be surprised if this man's hometown /alma mata is a wreck.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost / Nigeria Won’t Break Up –oyedepo / Rivers PDP To Leave State Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.