Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost (1002 Views)

Funny Words From A Biafran Protester In Port Harcourt / PDP Wins Enugu By Landslide / Nigerian Police Removing Remains After Killing Protester In Ibafo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Three days after some youths staged protest at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu in solidarity with the embattled minister of aviation, Stella Oduah, fresh indications have emerged that the protest was allegedly sponsored by the ministry.

Contrary to the claims that the protesters were Igbo Youths, a source told DailyPost that they were students of the Institute of Management and Technology, IMT, Enugu.

According to the source, trouble started when the organizers refused to pay the students the agreed amount.

One of the protesters who spoke under anonymity told our correspondent that they were initially promised N10, 000 each, adding that “after the protest, they took us to the Enugu Press Centre, where we were given only N4,000.

“This was quite against the earlier agreement we reached. They shortchanged us so much and we are not happy about that”.

Further investigations by DailyPost showed that a particular non-governmental organization based in Enugu was earlier allegedly approached by one of the minister’s aide to organize the protest with the sum of N1.5 million but the director declined.

It was gathered that a prominent media worker based in the South-East later accepted to organize the “fake protest.

“He went to the IMT, got some students and had a deal with them. The students didn’t even know why they were at the airport, neither could their supposed leader say the platform under which they were protesting.

“Somebody had to whisper Igbo Youths from behind”, the source added

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/29/investigation-reveals-enugu-pro-oduah-protesters-got-n4000-each/
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
masu:
1) Three days after some youths staged protest at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu in solidarity with the embattled minister of aviation, Stella Oduah, fresh indications have emerged that the protest was allegedly sponsored by the ministry.
QUESTION: BY WHOM? (NAME THE SPONSORS)
ANSWER: NO NAME

2) Contrary to the claims that the protesters were Igbo Youths, a source told DailyPost that they were students of the Institute of Management and Technology, IMT, Enugu.
QUESTION: IMT STUDENTS OF IBO ORIGIN ARE THEY YORUBAS YOUTHS OR IBO YOUTHS ?
ANSWER: THEY ARE IBO YOUTHS

3) According to the source, trouble started when the organizers refused to pay the students the agreed amount.
One of the protesters who spoke under anonymity told our correspondent that they were initially promised N10, 000 each, adding that “after the protest, they took us to the Enugu Press Centre, where we were given only N4,000.
“This was quite against the earlier agreement we reached. They shortchanged us so much and we are not happy about that”.
QUESTION: WHO IS THE ANONYMOUS PERSON ?
A SCANDAL OF THIS MAGNITUDE, HOW DO WE USE ANONYMOUS INFO AS CREDIBLE?
ANSWER: DAILYPOST REPORT ON THIS ISSUE IS PURELY PRO YORUBA DOMINATION OF AVIATION MIN.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE RATIONAL BEHIND ALL THESE ANTI ODUH SENTIMENTS?
ANSWER: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/stella-oduah-must-punished/#sthash.9stA4re0.dpuf

4) Further investigations by DailyPost showed that a particular non-governmental organization based in Enugu was earlier allegedly approached by one of the minister’s aide to organize the protest with the sum of N1.5 million but the director declined.
QUESTION: WHO IS THAT NAMELESS NGO IN ENUGU ?
ANSWER: DAILYPOST YORUBA ORGANIZATION IN ENUGU.

5) It was gathered that a prominent media worker based in the South-East later accepted to organize the “fake protest.
“He went to the IMT, got some students and had a deal with them. The students didn’t even know why they were at the airport, neither could their supposed leader say the platform under which they were protesting.
“Somebody had to whisper Igbo Youths from behind”, the source added

QUESTION: WHO IS THE PROMINENT MEDIA WORKER BASED IN SOUTH EAST ?
ANSWER: NO PERSON (JUST FAKE REPORT BY YORUBA LAGOS MEDIA)
QUESTION: WHY DID DAILY POST CALL THE PRO ODUAH PROTEST FAKE?
ANSWER: BECAUSE THE PROTEST IS AGAINST YORUBA ANTICS OF ODUAH MUST GO.
QUESTION: WHY DID DAILYPOST KNOWS TOO MUCH OF HOW THE PROTEST WAS ORGANISED WITHOUT ORGANIZERS NAME?
ANSWER: BCUS THE REPORT IS FAKE THEY COOKED UP SOMETHING TO ROMANTISEZ THEIR YORUBA READERS AND FAN THE FLAMES OF TRIBALISM.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/29/investigation-reveals-enugu-pro-oduah-protesters-got-n4000-each/

SUMMARY: Careful reading of this report by dailypost shows how desperate the yorubas can be against SE folks. mind you am not from either tribe am a middle beltan but truth must be said. too many hatred is going on in nigeria yet we remain one nation. what pains me most is that the fulani, yoruba and hausa people that shouts too much of one nigeria are the most tribalistic people we have.

the worst media report we ever heard is "anonymous said so and so":
on the case of mandela's death: anonymous has reported his death so many times yet he lives.
on the case of Ojuku anonymous said he died many times and years back before he died.
tell me how do we blv dailypost on the issue with the so and so anonymous report.
anyway am sure dailypost knew that their report will not change a thing but they must say something to keep yorubas alert about ibo domination.

1 Like

Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
A small group of women this morning gathered at the Federal Secretariat in Abuja, in support of embattled minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah. The women carried placards which read ‘a fight against Stella Oduah is a fight against women’. Erm, I don’t think so! See more exclusive photos after the cut…

SOURCE:http://www.favistar.com/women-gather-federal-secretariat-support-aviation-minister/

is this also a rented crowd ?
let the yoruba media propagandist answer.

we all knew the reason behind all this bruhaha.

let the woman be and let her defend her innocency before the house.
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
[/quote]Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Manchidede(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24
WARRI- THE Niger Delta for Peace, Credible and Visionary Leadership, NDPCVL, rose in robust defence of embattled Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, saying, she should be left alone.

NDPCVL in a press statement by its national president, Mr. King-jerry Prebor, said, “She is the best thing that had happened in the aviation industry in regards to new looks, renovation, equipment, trainings of staff, among other things in our airports.”

“The House of Representatives should be concerned with laws that will better the lives of the people, such as the ban of air crafts above 30 years from date of manufacture. It is an open secret that the air crafts bought and used by our air line operators are far above 30years.

The death rates are as a result of old age of the planes brought into the country. Why are the lawmakers looking at only one side when it is obvious that the neck will ache? It is their failure that has cost the nation millions of lives, they failed to move a motion to save the lives lost, but instead are shouting about cars bought by NCAA, not even for the minister’s personal use,” he said.

Prebor asserted, “It is true that the Central bank Governor Malam Sanusi and the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili raised an alarm that law makers will shut down the country, why did they not raise a motion to look into that.

“The motion moved by Hon. Samson Osagie, seconded by Hon. Shehu Gusau of APC failed to include why our refineries are not working, casualization of workers in the oil industry with peanut as salary, ASUU strike, low salaries for the military, police and civil servants.

“We, the NDPCVL are watching with keen interest the activities of the lawmakers; we urge them to live up to expectation as it will not be business as usual. They should make enabling laws to force air line operators to buy brand new air-crafts to make the air space save for air users,” he said.

According to him, “The major problem affecting the aviation sector is too many unnecessary interference, the ministers in the various ministries should be allowed to take charge absolutely and that that will bring productivity,” he added.

source: vanguard news

More at http://..com

http://www.facebook.com/

is this also a rented crowd ?
shame on lagos medias
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by cKaiser: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
Once you see a poster with "I am from Middle Belt", "I amYoruba", "I am Ijaw", "I am Niger Delta" in every post

You should know its the same Shukwudi suffering from inferiority complex and ashamed of his tribe

chiMASUeze How markate today

4 Likes

Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
Middle belt my butt.

You are an igbo man just as those prosters were rented. Shikena!
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
cKaiser: Once you see a poster with "I am from Middle Belt", "I amYoruba", "I am Ijaw", "I am Niger Delta" in every post

You should know its the same Shukwudi suffering from inferiority complex and ashamed of his tribe

chiMASUeze How markate today

ANYBODY WITH DEFFERENT OPINION TO YOU GUYS IS IBO?

SO THIS NATION IS OWN BY YORUBA IBO FULANI and HAUSAS RIGHT.
We minorities are not human to you guys.

who is next after the IBOS are down?
we minorities from middle belt to south south should wake up now because the intention of yorubas, fulanis and hausas against us all is hurrible.
we cant allow these 3 groups to use us again.

4 Likes

Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by Kanwulia: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sahara 4
Oduah 0
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by ba7man(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hmmmm....Na like N20,000 this @OP go don collect.
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pan Yoruba youth group, the National Committee of Yoruba Youths (NCYY), has commended the Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Odua, for the giant strides and array of accomplishments of the Aviation ministry under her watch.

The group also reiterated its support to the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.
A statement signed by Hon. Oladimeji Odeyemi and Alli Bello Bashiru, NCYY’s president and national publicity secretary, respectively, noted that for the first time in 30 years , the nation’s aviation sector is wearing a new look with the scaling up efficient service delivery and 21st century modernization.
The statement said: “The array of accomplishments that the Aviation Ministry is hauling into its kitty, is a testimony of a determined, focused and inspiring leadership style of the Minister, Princess Oduah which she has deployed in large measure, to turn the aviation ministry around.
“In her (Odua) quest to put Nigeria first, the Minister ensured that airline passengers are not excessively taxed or exploited by agencies, airlines or those who are into bilateral agreement with the Aviation Ministry.
“The various achievements of Princess Stella Odua include the simultaneous reconstruction and remodeling of eleven airports fitted with modern equipment, manpower and machineries. GAT, Lagos, Benin, Enugu, Kano, among others, have already been commissioned and in use.
“She has equally secured approval for the construction of five brand new international terminals including cargo terminals and plans have reached advanced stage, to float a new national carrier that will be completely private sector–driven.
“Through this medium, we advice some of our leaders who are being used by some former concessionaires who took pleasure in exploiting the travelling public, that the issue of the Aviation sector is beyond ethnicity or religion.”
The group passed a vote of confidence on the Minister and urged all Nigerians to support her in transforming the sector, even as it reaffirmed the support of its leadership, to the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Ok here is the source http://championonlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=11013:yoruba-youths-drum-support-for-aviation-minister&Itemid=393&lang=en

even the yoruba youths did stand behind oduah yet the only protest that is fake to dailypost yoruba media is that by ibo youths. just to see what hatred can do to a group.
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fani-Kayode vs Oduah: Yoruba youths side with minister
By staff 16/10/2013 07:19:00 // News | Africa | Nigeria | Fani-Kayode vs Oduah: Yoruba youths side with minister
// Font size:
The National Committee of Yoruba Youths, NCYY, has accused former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani- Kayode of politicising the recent plane crash involving the Associated Airlines’

http://www.africanseer.com/news/african-news/nigeria/314763-fani-kayode-vs-oduah-yoruba-youths-side-with-minister.html
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by cKaiser: 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
masu: ANYBODY WITH DEFFERENT OPINION TO YOU GUYS IS IBO?

we minorities from middle belt to south south should wake up now because the intention of yorubas, fulanis and hausas against us all is hurrible.
we cant allow these 3 groups to use us again.

Question: Vegetable seller which type you dey sell

Answer: My vegetable isnt from the dunghill

Who says you are Ibo now or are you suspecting you have been busted? No ooooo

We believe you, You are from Plateau, You are the next in line for the throne of Gwom Jos. grin grin grin grin grin

You better open another ID and claim Jukun or Igala but next time avoid the "I am from middle belt" announcement in every post

Note to everyone: If you see any poster who cant write a statement without the "I am from middle Belt", "I am Yoruba", "I am Ijaw", "I am Ikwerre" etc you should know you are dealing with an impostor

The day you see anyone with trouser shouting "I am a Man", I am a man, then its time to question his sexuality
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by petrov10: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
Some pipo can do anyting just to rubbish the honourable minister.......................Rented crowds indeed...
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by PointB: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
Thank you op for the breakdown of the Yorubas hate campaign with the numerous news media and cooked-up news. Let me say it here and now, unless Nigeria divides, Igbo voices shall always be heard in the polity. The era of Yorubas voices monopoly of the news media sphere is over, repeat OVER. They wont be allowed to dictate the news; they wont be allowed gourd Nigerians in any direction. They wont be allowed to use the media to gourd the military into coups and other instability. That era is OVER!

The bigotry and tribalism masked as 'sophistication' has met it's doom. It died when Soyinka attacked late Achebe, it's internment was announced when these bigoted and hateful hypocrites applauded Soyinka as he attacked a woman (PEJ) unfairly, now that these 'sophisticated' tribalists have rolled out that armory against another innocent woman (Stella), it is time to finally bury their monopoly of the news space. Enough of their wickness, intolerance and scheming. Sanusi was very right when he said "Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria." I join well meaning Nigerians to say ENOUGH OF Yorubas BIGOTRY AND HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST IGBOS AND OTHER MINORITY GROUPS! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

3 Likes

Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
the poster with the name ckaiser is one of TINUBU'S online warriors from southwest just ignore him.
they are all the same with tinubu and fashola their messiah that does no wrong.
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by cKaiser: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
masu: the poster with the name ckaiser is one of TINUBU'S online warriors from southwest just ignore him.

You forgot to append your signature "I am from middle Belt" grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
am not here to defend madam aviation minister but i hate it when some group are out to bully others wit their fulani hausas alliance.

if mrs oduah is guilty let her face the music but if not let the truth stand.
but those who want to throw stones at her HOA should watch themself if they too are righteous of the said act said by JESUS.
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
cKaiser:

You forgot to append your signature "I am from middle Belt" grin grin grin grin grin

SILENT IS THE BEST ANSWER TO A PAID TINUBU AGENT.
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by cKaiser: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Why is your English like this Alaba markate sellers?

Most Middle belt people speak and write good English

Nna, Every single sentence you wrote na Ogbunigwe rocket launcher grin grin grin grin grin grin

masu: SILENT IS THE BEST ANSWER TO A PAID TINUBU AGENT.

masu: the poster with the name ckaiser is one of TINUBU'S online warriors from southwest just ignore him.

masu:

ANYBODY WITH DEFFERENT OPINION TO YOU GUYS IS IBO?

we minorities from middle belt to south south should wake up now because the intention of yorubas, fulanis and hausas against us all is hurrible

masu: let the woman be and let her defend her innocency before the house.

3 Likes

Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
Oduah: Groups plan nationwide mass protest
October 27, 2013 by Leke Baiyewu and Allwell Okpi 86 Comments

Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah
SOME civil society groups have said unless those found culpable in the N255m — armoured cars scandal rocking the Ministry of Aviation are investigated and prosecuted, they will take to the streets in mass protests.

The groups include the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, the Campaign for Democracy, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, the Joint Action Front, the Civil Liberties Organisation and the Committee for Democracy and Rights of the People.

In separate interviews with our correspondents on Friday, the groups said only a thorough investigation and prosecution of those indicted, including the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, would stop them from protesting.

The National Coordinator, CDRP, Mr. Amitolu Shittu, told one of our correspondents that civil society groups had met and had started mobilisation for a mass protest.

Shittu said with the way President Goodluck Jonathan handled previous cases of corruption and misappropriation of funds by public officials, he was not likely to punish Oduah, even if the probe panels indicted her.

He said, “From the look of things, it seems Jonathan is trying to exonerate her. But, we will not let that happen. There was a meeting in Osogbo by the civil society groups two days ago on this issue. We discussed, argued on it and we decided that we are fighting these people to a standstill. We are not keeping quiet on this.

“As part of the plan, there will be protest, but we want to come out unannounced. We are not afraid of arrest and detention. We will not announce the date of the protest because we don’t want hoodlums in government and those on the streets to take advantage of this.”

Shittu added that apart from demanding the sacking and prosecution of Oduah, the planned protest would be in solidarity with the striking members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

“Mobilisation is ongoing. Some people are in schools making adequate preparations because we are in support of ASUU. It would be a combined protest, both to show support for ASUU and also protest against that woman (Oduah). It’s going to be a very strong protest,” he said.

Similarly, the Executive Chairman, CACOL, Debo Adeniran, said, “We have written to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission; we submitted the letter on Wednesday and we gave them seven days. After that expiration, CACOL is taking its independent action.

“We are going to hit the roads to protest the issue.”

In her submission, the President, CD, Joe Okei-Odumakin, said impunity should not be encouraged. She described Oduah’s trip to Israel for pilgrimage in the heat of the crisis as an affront to Nigerians. She said it showed the aviation minister was not remorseful and not in tune with the masses.

Okei-Odumakin said although Oduah had the right to fair hearing, she, however, said the panel set up by President Jonathan was only for “administrative purposes.”

The CD President said the group would take to the streets, if the investigation panel was found wanting.

The Executive Director, SERAP, also said Adetokunbo Mumuni, the group was waiting for President Goodluck Jonathan’s action on Oduah’s response to the query issued to her.

He said the group was also waiting for the outcome of the probe by a presidential panel.

Mumuni said, “We’ll support whatever other civil rights organisations are ready to do in respect of the matter (scandal). We may take it a little bit further by filing a court action, once we are able to make up our mind on the substance of the case before the court.

“If no action is taken by the President, we may be compelled to go to court.”

Likewise, the Executive Director, CLO, Mr. Ibuchukwu Ezike, said the group would take necessary actions, if the Federal Government failed to punish all those indicted in the scam, including Oduah.

“The President has set up a committee to investigate the matter and the House has asked its committee to look into the matter. One thing we know is that Nigerians are not happy with this and we will not allow them to sweep it under the carpet.”

by the end of these bruhaha the two groups will loose,
i mean oduah will go down along yoruba leaders in ncaa.
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by masu: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
english is not my mother tongue.

it matters little to me.
Re: Fake Report: Stella Oduah Rented Protester's In Enugu. By Dailypost by LajaLaba: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
masu: english is not my mother tongue.

it matters little to me.
My friend grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rivers PDP To Leave State Secretariat / Breaking: EFCC Arrests Kano Assembly Speaker, Seven Other Members / Jonathan's Exclusive Interview With Washington Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.