Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242702 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Terrymag234: 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
Do you want a clean, sharp, professional website design that will adapt to the future growth of your business or organisation? You have found your answer with our professional web design services. Here your plan meet with our passion for design and your dreams match our dedication to providing unique, customized web design services that turns your vision into success. We create websites with modern designs for small businesses and organisations that are professionally developed, optimized for the best desktop and mobile experiences, that are affordable, easy to maintain and with the flexibility to grow with your business needs. We can also provide ongoing web maintenance service and manage your web hosting and domain name registration call jacob now on 07037155922
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by akinnex(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
I need a freeweb host which can I use
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by akinnex(m): 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
‎If I export my table from local host and put on the phpmyadmin of a live server,

Where on the live server  will I now place the rest folder d one in htdoc in local host
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Free host comes with limitations in the long run.

You can get 2k/yr hosting at http://SpringWebHost.com. I think that's fair enough.

akinnex:
I need a freeweb host which can I use
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
You should put the files in the root folder of your website. In Linux hosting, the root folder is the public_html folder.

You may also put the files in any designated folder.

akinnex:
‎If I export my table from local host and put on the phpmyadmin of a live server,

Where on the live server  will I now place the rest folder d one in htdoc in local host
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by akinnex(m): 9:19am On Dec 12, 2014
ZinoFego:
You should put the files in the root folder of your website. In Linux hosting, the root folder is the public_html folder.

You may also put the files in any designated folder.

Thank u sir... the site is just for testing, I just need it up for 2 days or about 5 days before I now start getting paid host
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
If it will be convenient for you, I can set up a subdomain for you in one of my domains. You can drop your email and phone number so I can reach you with further details.

akinnex:

Thank u sir... the site is just for testing, I just need it up for 2 days or about 5 days before I now start getting paid host
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by robbase: 3:46am On Dec 15, 2014
Greetings.
Thank you so much for your assistance. My site is now working. Just as you adviced, I contacted my host, and found out that the problem was from them. Regards

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by peternwoko1: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
ok good
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by horlaoluwa: 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
hello people in the house help me on my xampp server the my Apache and Mysql is not starting it will just be displaying this message( Attempting to start Apache app...)
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by draypyper(m): 8:29am On Dec 19, 2014
@ZiniFego, the Joomla Software is not installing on my Windows 8.1 even after following every step, shows installing and doesn't finish installation, really need help ASAP
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Pls use the steps outlined below.

draypyper:
@ZiniFego, the Joomla Software is not installing on my Windows 8.1 even after following every step, shows installing and doesn't finish installation, really need help ASAP

phunkies9:
i have successfully installed joomla,i goggled d problem and i got a solution and i'll b glad 2 share it here for other nairalanders.firsly try and access ur training folder on ur c\drive den u click on installation,click on sql,click on mysql u'll see a text file named joomla.sql,open it wit notepad den u do d following, 1.press ctrl h,it will pop out a tab,type engine=innodb in d find what section nd type engine=myisam in d replace section and click on replace all,wait till it replaces d command den save and close d notepad,restart ur system start ur joomla installation again and am very sure its gonna work.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
Pls get help from XAMPP.

horlaoluwa:
hello people in the house help me on my xampp server the my Apache and Mysql is not starting it will just be displaying this message( Attempting to start Apache app...)
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by kawkab: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Good day Zeno Fego.

I followed the tutorial as stated from Page 1.

On trying to connect Joomla to the database I keep getting this message;

Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL.[i][/i]

Please can you help me with the way out.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
At what point are you getting this error?

kawkab:
Good day Zeno Fego.

I followed the tutorial as stated from Page 1.

On trying to connect Joomla to the database I keep getting this message;

Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL.[i][/i]

Please can you help me with the way out.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by exellent91(m): 3:50am On Jan 05, 2015
I need help from my fellow nairalanders, pls check this website, http://megadownloads.moreforum.com. I need help from every one of you to check my website and sign up because I need admins,(administrator) that will help me in running of the site. Or else the site will crash,plzzzzz, I need urgent help. Note: not just to checkout the website but also to sign up, so that I can be able to make you my admin,thanks. do this for a fellow nairalander cos we are like brothers.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Webhost(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nihtem Solutions makes use of Joomla in its web design projects - One of the best web design companies in Nigeria for all your web design related services, please Call 07030595653
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sonof: 11:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
Arise Sms Portal stands as a platform which aids her conglomerates to achieving their aim for higher levels in their various endeavours. We build the TRUST for higher platform! www.arisesms.com @1.65k to all networks
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Jacktech: 7:55am On Jan 26, 2015
sonof:
Arise Sms Portal stands as a platform which aids her conglomerates to achieving their aim for higher levels in their various endeavours. We build the TRUST for higher platform! www.arisesms.com @1.65k to all networks

This price is high ooh
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Jacktech: 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
How to add custom field to the defualt joomla registration form.

Joomla ships with a user plugin called "profile" which may contain the fields you want to add already. In the administrator go to extensions/plugins, filter by type and choose "user", then find the "Profile" and open it. Check out the options on the right handside, enable the plugin and voila. Warning: most templates override the registration form and they usually don't fire the correct plugin events. If this is the case, your users will only see the "standard" fields in the registration. And if you set any fields as required in the plugin, they will not be registered, but redirected to the complete registration page (the user component), where they will find the fields they already filled in except for the passwords, which can be quite annoying. If the "profile" fields are not sufficient, copy the profile plugin and build your own.
Do NOT modify the profile plugin or com_users files like you have done, this is Joomla core and will be overwritten when you next upgrade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Webhost(m): 2:09am On Jan 27, 2015
Web design company in Nigeria Nihtem Solutions, 07030595653
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by practitioner(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hello Zino Fego, great job you've done here. We are so proud of you. Am actual a newbie blogger, and my platform is running on Joomla. It was actually designed by somebody . Pls how do I give photo credit in an article? I have filled in the credit image box , but it is not displaying. I will greatly appreciate it if you will help out.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by holyemmyjoe(m): 11:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
PLEASE CAN I create a bulksms website with joomla?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Jacktech: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
holyemmyjoe:
Yes u can.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 10:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
Please be more explicit, you may rephrase the question. A little more details will help to put your question in perspective.

practitioner:
Hello Zino Fego, great job you've done here. We are so proud of you. Am actual a newbie blogger, and my platform is running on Joomla. It was actually designed by somebody . Pls how do I give photo credit in an article? I have filled in the credit image box , but it is not displaying. I will greatly appreciate it if you will help out.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by fixedhollies(m): 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
I need a helper on how to use joomla.com with my own domain name
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Osumare2013: 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
MrDonfranko:

Hello, are you serious?
What I will get by indexing on Google. Anyway, I don't want to spoil your business by posting Joomla! video links. Goodluck with your sales.

My Oga, pls can you send the links to my email too?
adeademi2@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by wttechiizzy(m): 10:11am On Feb 05, 2015
idsamoo:
Am ready sir! Av been having prob ,getting proper mysql nd compatible wampserver to install,..

I will recommend you using xampp server, wamp server can be so annoying sometimes
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by wttechiizzy(m): 10:15am On Feb 05, 2015
holyemmyjoe:
Yes. You can.... Kindly visit www.chromesms.com/bulksms-secret-exposed to learn the step by step with no step skipped on how to create it
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by wttechiizzy(m): 10:21am On Feb 05, 2015
draypyper:
Still a little confused about the "doesn't finish installing" thing, you mean after starting your apache and mysql on your local server, creating a database and copying the zip file downloaded from joomla to your www folder (for wamp) or htdoc folder (for xampp), opening your browser typing localhost/foldername... Following the installation guide, it still gave a "doesn't finish installing" error?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by wttechiizzy(m): 10:24am On Feb 05, 2015
horlaoluwa:
Possible solution: uninstall the xampp server, restart your syetm, re-install.. That should help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.