Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency (18722 Views)

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency / Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon / I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by donphilopus: 1:27am On Oct 20, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan will soon order relevant government agencies to investigate the purchase of two bulletproof vehicles for the Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah.

The vehicles valued at a whopping $1.6m (about N225m) were said to have been delivered to Oduah in August by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.

Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Ahmed Gulak, in an interview with our correspondent on Friday said Jonathan would not shield the minister.

Gulak, however, said the President would not take a decision on the fate of the embattled minister based on media reports.

He said Jonathan’s decision would be based on verifiable facts, which could only be achieved when relevant government agencies investigate the matter.

The presidential aide said Jonathan would not hesitate to show anybody found guilty of corruption or impunity the way out of his government.

He assured Nigerians that the President was on top of the situation.

He did not, however, disclose when the President would order the probe. He also did not name the agencies that would probe the allegation.

Gulak said, “I can assure you that President Jonathan will not shield the minister or any government official for that matter if he receives information that is true.

“In this particular instance, the reports are in the media. But media reports are not enough to act on.

“The President is on top of the situation. He will direct appropriate authorities to investigate the matter.

“Anybody found wanting in terms of corruption or impunity, President Jonathan will not hesitate to show such person the way out of his government.

“The most important thing is that such decision must be based on facts as provided by appropriate government agencies that will investigate, not based on media reports.”

Some stakeholders in the aviation industry and civil society groups had on Thursday called on the nation’s anti-corruption agencies to investigate the matter.

SOURCE
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by lonelydora: 1:41am On Oct 20, 2013
Dancing Skelewu*****
Another great feat! I always tell u people that I don't hustle to be FTC. Baba God has a way of doing it for me because "the god that created coconut must always provide water for it to take up". Well thanks to my wife for lending me her blackberry, thanks to my son for not disturbing me while I was typing. Thanks to all Nairalanders for being asleep as I was typing and to MTN for the fast network.

Meanwhile what will be the benefit of the probe when they finish?

15 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by luvmijeje(f): 1:46am On Oct 20, 2013
donphilopus:
Anybody found wanting in terms of corruption or impunity, President Jonathan will not hesitate to show such person the way out of his government.

SOURCE
Story!

7 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by donphilopus: 1:49am On Oct 20, 2013
luvmijeje:
Story!
Story! Story! Story

4 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by luvmijeje(f): 1:54am On Oct 20, 2013
donphilopus: Story! Story! Story
Once upon a time. *Waka to them*
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by greatgod2012(f): 2:02am On Oct 20, 2013
The president through his spokeman has just told you what he knows you will all want to hear, as for implementation, dont ask me abeg!

14 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 20, 2013
what about the commitee?

4 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by donphilopus: 2:15am On Oct 20, 2013
luvmijeje:
Once upon a time. *Waka to them*
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 20, 2013
Gulag has just told you fools opening up 200 threads will never make her go so you idiats should better jump into the lagoon.

8 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by donphilopus: 2:31am On Oct 20, 2013
chukwudi44: Gulag has just told you fools opening up 200 threads will never make her go so you idiats should better jump into the lagoon.
Who's this one??
Go and sleep joor

9 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by agbameta: 2:34am On Oct 20, 2013
He did not, however, disclose when the President would order the probe. He also did not name the agencies that would probe the allegation.

Standard operating procedure of the corrupt and incompetent entity aka Aso Rock dullards...

Bunch of despicable clowns...

33 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by agbameta: 2:38am On Oct 20, 2013
Special Assistant to the President on Constitution and Legal matters, Barrister Ahmad Ali Gulag, today condemned what he described as “on line public lynching” of Minister of Aviation Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi over the purchase of two executive armoured car worth over N225million. Gulag stated “Mr President is satisfied with the good work of the aviation minister and the transformation of the aviation sector” Gulag added “the cars are not personal property of the Minister but that of the office of Aviation Minister, no cost is too high to protect public officers...

That was just yesterday....

Stella and her people dey change story everyday

Jonathan and his own people too dey change story everyday

Talk about crooked and habitual lairs..

23 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by donphilopus: 2:40am On Oct 20, 2013
agbameta:

That was just yesterday....

Stella and her people dey change story everyday

Jonathan and his own people too dey change story everyday

Talk about crooked and habitual lairs..
They are a bunch of clueless Impetus

1 Like

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by nofij(m): 4:26am On Oct 20, 2013
As though Mr Gulak is free from corruption in anyway
There was a country...
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by BabaEleko(m): 5:20am On Oct 20, 2013
Tinubu may be right after all. These bunch of clowns and dia oga will do better playing Mr. Ibu, Ospfia, Aki and pawpaw in nollywood. Prosecution my black asssss. Well, maybe prosecution inside "His senselessency" office and case close. o

3 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 20, 2013
Wondering what exactly they will be probing!!!!!?
Cause the price of the vehicles are very much accurate.

Dino Melaya and Sahara Reporters have been peddling falsehood about the Cars bought by the Minister of Aviation. I checked the price of the vehicles and realized that BMW Security Vehicles only provide used vehicle prices on their website. Brochures for new one can only be downloaded on request.

A Used 2006 BMW 760 Li High Security costs €175,000.00 or $239,000.00 Check the BMW link for pre-owned vehicles below
http://www.bmw-security-vehicles.com/security_vehicles/en/_teaserpool_2010/download/shared/pdf/offer_7series_2006.pdf at €175,000 Euros, which is $240,000.00

If the used vehicle cost $240,000.00 dollars, how can Sahara and Dino Melaya claim the new vehicles bought by the Minister of Aviation can be bought for $200,000.00
Who is lying profusely now to deceive the public.

Or let me guess, they could not decipher the difference between a used car and new vehicle.
Please stop peddling lies that you cannot substantiate!

Further
Here is a quote for a new BMW 760 Li Hi Security from people who will sell it to you, not misguided journalists
http://alpa-gatt.com/ALPa_GATTPage/VermietungVerkauf/F03Optimiert.pdf

the price excluding tax and logistics is [size=16pt]400,000 Euros, that is $547,000.00 Each [/size]

By the way my topic giving the real prices has been maliciously moved from politics to car talk section by nairaland just to continue spreading the falsehood. Check the link https://www.nairaland.com/1484333/dino-melaya-lies-used-bmw

7 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 20, 2013
All the same woe betide Jonathan if he dismisses another Innocent Igbo person for the penchants of the same people that wants his head on a platter of gold.
In the gust shall we then leave him to his fate in an evil wind gifted by those he seems to want to die to please or rather fear!
Fetus Odumegwu is still lingering in my mind.

2 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by 3ace(m): 6:03am On Oct 20, 2013
Soothing words as usual. What happens after the probe is what matters. Nobody says anything about subsidy culprits again.

1 Like

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by omon24(m): 6:12am On Oct 20, 2013
Probe probe and more probe!! I wonder who they are deceiving. Well, another way to tell us to forget about this, like the previous, dis too wil never see d light of the day.
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by omenka(m): 6:17am On Oct 20, 2013
I'm sure before they institute any probe, a new trash bin would be placed in the president's office awaiting usage after conclusion of investigations.

What kind of fools do these people take nigerians for
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by fkaz(m): 6:30am On Oct 20, 2013
I don't give a damn
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by Clerverly: 6:39am On Oct 20, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan will soon order relevant government agencies to investigate the purchase of two bulletproof vehicles for the Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah

In a working society, no one needs to order anyone to do his/her duty. Useless country and leaders!

4 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by otokx(m): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2013
@Kengali

Festus got tired and resigned; GEJ did not sack him

Was the purchase of those armoured BMW included in the budget approved by the National Assembly and at what costs?
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by nerodenero: 6:49am On Oct 20, 2013
KenGali: All the same woe betide Jonathan if he dismisses another Innocent Igbo person for the penchants of the same people that wants his head on a platter of gold.
In the gust shall we then leave him to his fate in an evil wind gifted by those he seems to want to die to please or rather fear!
Fetus Odumegwu is still lingering in my mind.
Na poem you dey write?Does it really matter where a corrupt leader comes from when he/she is found wanting?Leave ethnicity out of this and let the 'act of God madam' face the music.

9 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by Demdem(m): 6:53am On Oct 20, 2013
Retardeen Jonathan will soon..........
Who are they deceiving? Does he even need to order before the appropriate agency goes to work.
Only fools will believe this.

2 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by gbadexy(m): 6:53am On Oct 20, 2013
I don't know what the probe is about.
Is it for the cost or for abusing the power of her office to coerce an agency into buying two expensive cars from its limited funds not covered in the budget.
Its just sheer wastefulness buying two of such vehicles.
I would have thought diezani madwueke and ngozi okonjo had more threats and required such security, I can't wrap •̸Ϟ•̸y minds on wanting to kill an aviation minister for rehabilitating airports, who stands to lose from her rehabilitation!
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by FreeGlobe(f): 6:54am On Oct 20, 2013
nerodenero: Na poem you dey write?Does it really matter where a corruption leader comes from when he/she is found wanting?Leave ethnicity out of this and let the 'act of God madam' face the music.
face which music? music from the south west? you must be baba suwa. madam Stella dey kampe

2 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by takedat(m): 7:10am On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
face which music? music from the south west? you must be baba suwa. madam Stella dey kampe
Why not credit your misfortune in life to the SW, you miserable pig? Is Mr Edwards, the whistle blower from the SW? Is it only those from the SW who are dismayed and angry at the squander-maniacs in positions of authority?

24 Likes

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by awodman: 7:11am On Oct 20, 2013
otokx: @Kengali

Festus got tired and resigned; GEJ did not sack him

Was the purchase of those armoured BMW included in the budget approved by the National Assembly and at what costs?

The DG of NCAA said the money was budgeted for,however this can't be confirmed from the Budget office of the federation because NCAA's budget is seperate from the aviation Ministry's budget..also NCAA is empowered by law to spend its Internally generated revenue and remit 80% of the surplus to the federation account

1 Like

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by awodman: 7:14am On Oct 20, 2013
gbadexy: I don't know what the probe is about.
Is it for the cost or for abusing the power of her office to coerce an agency into buying two expensive cars from its limited funds not covered in the budget.
Its just sheer wastefulness buying two of such vehicles.
I would have thought diezani madwueke and ngozi okonjo had more threats and required such security, I can't wrap •̸Ϟ•̸y minds on wanting to kill an aviation minister for rehabilitating airports, who stands to lose from her rehabilitation!
Sнε cancelled alot of concessions FAAN had with some companies from Bi-courtney,Maevis e.t.c..those concessions are money spinning ventures and the beneficiaries of such can't just go down without a fight..the fight have been taking place in the courts

Note am not saying stella was right by spending such huge amount

1 Like

Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by otokx(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2013
@awodman

thanks for the info but there is normally a spending limit, was due process followed?
Re: President Will Probe Minister Of Aviation — Presidency by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2013
Should I bother making comments? It wouldn't change anything! Not at all! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Edwin Clark (Photos) / Farm Destruction: Ondo To Auction Seized Cows / Adamu Dauda Garba Denies Donating 50 Cows, Plots of Land To Peter Obi In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.