Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,474 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

A Cold Day In Hell. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Cold Day In Hell. (445 Views)

'May Sahara Reporters Burn In Hell':Fani Kayode Blasts Sahara Reporters / Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos / The Hottest Place In Hell Should Be Reserved For Governors – Murray-bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Cold Day In Hell. by Symphony007: 8:45am On Oct 20, 2013
The stella oduah, minister for avaition car controversy is beyond politics and tribalism. Some things belive it or not are bigger then those two words that have in recent times characterise nigeria. We have become so partisan and tribal that we have lost focus of what really matter, while we fight amongs ourselves, those above rob us blind and take us for fools. The waste is just so amazing.

About a year ago rivers state governor chibuike ameachi bough a bombardier jet meanwhile his state has alot of things that need attending to, it is amazing that a nigerian governor will need a jet worth millions of dollars while a governor in the state of califonia which has a bigger budget than the federal republic of nigeria fly commercial, ameachi is not alone, almost every other nigerian governor owns a jet with expensive cars to match. The worse of all, the presidency which operates a total of 8 private jet and a motorcade of over 30 cars which are changed regularly. All of these happening in a country where the poverty rate is amongs the highest world wide, where infant and maternal mortality rate is amongs the highest, where illetracy is amongs the highest, where unemployment is monumentally high, where basic amineties like healthcare,water and food is a luxury. In more advanced countries with far higher standard of living, such luxuries for undeserving public servants will be probed. But in a country were we need every single penny to grow our country, it has become a norm and now it is streaching to other lesser members of government.

The justification supporters of the avaition minister has given for those cars are bringing up stories or fashola and tinubu owning similar cars, nobody has come forward to clearly articulate for us why the security of an aviation minister is more important than education or nutritional well being on a nigerian child. Supporters of tinubu and fashola too cannot justify the wastage of their leader so they point fingers to others who have bought similar. So why the nigerian people are being robbed blind, we are busy defending those who rob us. We can never call out evil because of our tribal and partisan state of mind. So the theft and evil prevails. The current situation gives a new meaning to the saying, divide and conquer. Corruption by our leaders have conquered nigeria because we are divided. Corruption every sphere of the nigerian governance will never stop because each sphere knows their faction must always support them. There is no such thing as individuality. No matter what i do my yoruba and acn brothers will support me against THEM. No matter what i steal, my hausa and pdp brothers will support me against THEM and no matter how i cheat my igbo and pdp brothers will defend me gainst THEM. The french people stood up against king louis xvi and his nobles who stole from them because they were united. When the stomed the bastile, when the stormed versallies, they did not care which region they came from or if the nobles was from their village. All they knew was that they were poor and suffering. Those above were stealing them blind and they the poor, deserve better. That was all it took it exterminate centuries of absolute monarchism and suppression in france. IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE THAT HAPPENS IN NIGERIA.

Symphony007.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are Africa’s Greatleaders? / Not ‘an Act Of God’ - Oduah Should Be Fired For Purchase Of Bullet-proof Cars / Youth Education & Development Advancement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.