Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW (1854 Views)

Utter Callousness: Buhari Remains Silent Hours After Boko Haram Unleashes Mayhem / Vindication For Barcanista: The Real Reason APC Hate Me (pix) / Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by lagosph: 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW

Nigerians are still under shock about the silence from the camps of the All Progressive Congress (APC), over the alleged purchase of two BMW armoured vehicles for the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, for N225 million.

As mounting outrage trails the, Elombah.com investigation has exposed the reason behind the silence of APC in the raging matter of the ruling party's $1.6 million dollar car scandal at the aviation ministry. Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola and his political Godfather, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu two years ago took delivery of new acquisitions; three N600 million bullet-proof Jeeps.

The cars are customized- by special order of Lagos state government. The All Progressives Congress (APC) is known to issue condemnatory press releases at the flimsiest of excuse, the last being their statement describing as the height of insensitivity the decision by First Lady Patience Jonathan to receive an Honorary Doctorate award in far away South Korea.

Source identified Fashola and Tinubu's purchase of three bullet proof cars- Jeeps- with bomb detector apparatus and surveillance cameras.

Findings revealed that two of the purchase are with Governor Fashola for official usage as the helmsman of Lagos state. Asiwaju Tinubu is said to have one to his name as party leader. The brand of the bullet proof cars is identified as Toyota Prado Jeep.

The cost of each jeep- including handling, registration, insurance and other fees- is two hundred million Naira. The three jeeps are valued at six hundred million Naira. This is double the amount spent by Ms Stella Oduah in the current bullet-proof jeep scandal.

The three automobiles were reportedly bought for Asiwaju Tinubu and Governor Fashola on grounds of 'security'.

Insiders say that the two political figures have not gone public with their jeeps for fear of attracting public anger.

The Osun state governor is also reported amount 6 other APC governors that have their names to the Bulletproof car. The government of Osun state bought their own bulletproof car at the sum of N125 Million.

We are appealing to our Politicians to look at the faces of Nigerians on the street before going for these monumental waste of scare resources.

About 480 Nigerians die daily for hunger related sickness across the country.
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
k
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
undecided

Change ur moniker to 'freeglobe', then we will pardon u for opening a foolish thread!

Post us pics of fashola's official car since his term as a govnr, and u'll be surprised its a range rover!

Otherwise, post us the pix of the N600m bullet proof car with bomb detector! And include the evidences as regards transaction details against ur Odua stella!

We will like to see Osun's own too!!

Mr. Man,
grin grin ur foolishness is classic!

4 Likes

Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Waspy(m): 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Just as expected, bullshiits have no source undecided

2 Likes

Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by seanet02: 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Waspy: Just as expected, bullshiits have no source undecided
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by slimfit1(m): 12:00am On Oct 21, 2013
Well done buy more cars
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by DeLaRue: 12:07am On Oct 21, 2013
Fashola actually uses a Land Rover discovery. Not Range Rover, which is far more expensive.

I know this cause I was stuck in traffic on way to MMA last year, looked to my side, and saw Fashola reading a book at the back of the vehicle to my right. I looked again and it was him. Interestingly, the guy had no out riders, no siren. No fanfare at all.

This Elumbah is clearly an Igbo-owned blog trying to muddle the waters to divert attention from the BMW -scandal. But their trick is all too obvious. Very amateurish.

That said, most Nigerians suspect that things purchased by govt officials are usually inflated. However, real evidence of grafts rarely comes to the public glare, until the current scandal - and the scale of the graft has shocked most people.

The woman just has to go. And she will...it's just a matter of time. She's going to be such a liability for GEJ that he will eventually dump her.
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by OneNaira6: 12:11am On Oct 21, 2013
They know better not to say something. Let them speak and their entire yansh opens from the million tinubu used to celebrate his bd party, to the millions he paid to get an invitation from obama (despite trying to pretend he got the invite w/o buying it) to the millions they spend on a bullet proof suv to the excess amount of dollars they made to build few kilometer of bridge, etc. let APC speak.
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by mistudreh(m): 12:25am On Oct 21, 2013
Which kind false story be this... you including osun state is just a total rubbish!!!
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2013
freeglibe is dat you?
damn give it a rest man abi u no dy tire ni
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2013
freeglobe is dat you?
damn give it a rest man abi u no dy tire ni
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 21, 2013
One_Naira: They know better not to say something. Let them speak and their entire yansh opens from the million tinubu used to celebrate his bd party, to the millions he paid to get an invitation from obama (despite trying to pretend he got the invite w/o buying it) to the millions they spend on a bullet proof suv to the excess amount of dollars they made to build few kilometer of bridge, etc. let APC speak.

Why not just be the whistleblower if you have evidence...than cowardly sulking like an irritant.. undecided
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 21, 2013
One_Naira: They know better not to say something. Let them speak and their entire yansh opens from the million tinubu used to celebrate his bd party, to the millions he paid to get an invitation from obama (despite trying to pretend he got the invite w/o buying it) to the millions they spend on a bullet proof suv to the excess amount of dollars they made to build few kilometer of bridge, etc. let APC speak.
GUY GO SLEEP remeber say u dy go skul tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:14am On Oct 21, 2013
But wait, why has APC kept quite? I know they love nailing their enemy in cases like this.
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by chatterly: 6:37am On Oct 21, 2013
SLIDE waxie: undecided

Change ur moniker to 'freeglobe', then we will pardon u for opening a foolish thread!

Post us pics of fashola's official car since his term as a govnr, and u'll be surprised its a range rover!

Otherwise, post us the pix of the N600m bullet proof car with bomb detector! And include the evidences as regards transaction details against ur Odua stella!

Mr. Man,
fasholas Range Rover is an 06 model which he has been using from his first term,the car is well worn with the bullet proof glass cloudy(this is a common problem with armored cars after some years of use)most of our big men cannot be caught dead in such a car.please post if you have any contrary facts

Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by homerac7: 7:21am On Oct 21, 2013
DeLaRue: Fashola actually uses a Land Rover discovery. Not Range Rover, which is far more expensive.

I know this cause I was stuck in traffic on way to MMA last year, looked to my side, and saw Fashola reading a book at the back of the vehicle to my right. I looked again and it was him. Interestingly, the guy had no out riders, no siren. No fanfare at all.

This Elumbah is clearly an Igbo-owned blog trying to muddle the waters to divert attention from the BMW -scandal. But their trick is all too obvious. Very amateurish.

That said, most Nigerians suspect that things purchased by govt officials are usually inflated. However, real evidence of grafts rarely comes to the public glare, until the current scandal - and the scale of the graft has shocked most people.

The woman just has to go. And she will...it's just a matter of time. She's going to be such a liability for GEJ that he will eventually dump her.

+ 1000000

Oga, I concur with you fully sir!

Only last month on a Saturday, during a celebration (guess it's his 2000 days in office) at LTV Blue Roof, I managed to "escape" the traffic hold-up only to get to Awolowo Way ans notice this black Range Rover Sport in the traffic. I was attracted to it naturally only to notice its unusual number "LSG 01", next two flags on its bonnet, it was then I looked fully to see our respectable Governor sitting calmly at the back READING a book !!! The glasses were clear; nothing tinted or shaded. It's then I noticed that it was a long motorcade of the Governor that was caught up in a traffic, and they all just sat it out calmly without any siren noise or stampede of security details to "clear road".

Now, this is very very atypical of Nigerian leader. No siren, no gra-gra, orderliness, clear glass vehicle, no overbuilt-to-ugly SUV, now this is the cream of it all....READING A BOOK !!!

That's the kind of leader that I will follow any day and any time. If this man contests for Governor in my own loved state of Enugu, I will not only vote for him, but will camping for him also for free of charge.

There's more to a man than his name and language he speaks, only foolish souls that are destined to perdition will never know this.

Governor Fashola, you have earned my respect sir ! cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 21, 2013
SLIDE waxie: undecided

Mr. Man,
grin grin ur foolishness is classic!
Lol. Dude you should have demanded for a source that authenticates what he is asserting.
Have you seen any of the aviation cars?
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2013
I think there is a point in the op, maybe not in the context he is describing. It is unusual for APC to have kept quiet this long. I smell rat.
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 21, 2013
ITS EITHER THE OP PROVIDES A CREDIBLE SOURCE OR DIDN'T HAPPEN!!
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by anonimi: 9:14am On Oct 21, 2013
moyinoluwabun: But wait, why has APC kept quite? I know they love nailing their enemy in cases like this.

They can't nail no one because their own SKELETONS will start showing up in PUBLIC also like this one:

ICPC summons Ogun Speaker, others for N168m scam

The Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Suraj Adekunbi, is to appear before the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission on Monday (today) over an alleged N168m car scam. shocked shocked shocked

The Speaker and the other principal officers of the House, our correspondent gathered, were invited to the ICPC Abuja headquarters over an alleged contract inflation in the purchase of 28 Toyota Avensis cars for the 26 members of the Assembly.

Adekunbi is to appear before the commission along with the Clerk of the House, Mr. Muyiwa Adenopo, deputy clerk and other principal officers of the Assembly.

Our correspondent learnt that the commission was acting on a petition written against the leadership of the Assembly by an unidentified person.

A source close to the House, who pleaded anonymity, said the Speaker and others had already received the letters of invitation from the ICPC.

Several calls put to Adenopo to respond to the development did not go through. He also did not reply to the SMS sent to him as at press time.

However, the ICPC Resident Media Consultant, Mr. Folu Olamiti, told our correspondent on the telephone that the Speaker and others had been invited to appear before the anti-graft agency today in Abuja.

He said, “Yes, the Speaker and others have been invited but I don’t have the details.”

Meanwhile, the commission has called on Nigerians to develop a positive mindset in the fight against graft in the country.

A statement on Sunday by Olamiti said the commission’s chairman, Mr. Ekpo Nta, made the plea in Kaduna during the inauguration of National Anti-Corruption Volunteer Corps.

Nta, who was represented by a member of ICPC, Alhaji Abdullai Ado Bayero, said Nigerians should be positive as the ICPC had embarked on a number of preventive strategies and initiatives to check fraud in the country.

One of such initiatives, he said, was the establishment of the NAVC.

According to him, the NAVC was established to domicile the fight against corruption in the people.

Nta said, “We should all be involved in the struggle to stamp out corruption. A situation where the battle is seen as government’s business alone is not good for sustainability of the crusade.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/icpc-summons-ogun-speaker-others-for-n168m-scam/

Is this man not still the Speaker in ACN/APC Ogun state House of Assembly, almost one year after the scandal

* Has anyone seen Tinubu's asset declaration on assumption of office in 1999 and when he left in 2007
** Has anyone seen Fashola's declaration of assets when he assumed office in 2007?
*** Where did Tinubu get the 1 million pounds sterling he gave for Mimiko's first campaign before he "betrayed" him?

Alagbari ohun l'oga MUGU!!!

#Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:19am On Oct 21, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Dude you should have demanded for a source that authenticates what he is asserting.
Have you seen any of the aviation cars?
yes o! We saw pics and transaction papers!
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by donphilopus: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2013
No Source!!!

@OP, do they forbid Bulletproof cars in Nigeria??
NO, we're not against Bullet proof cars, but all we're against is corruption
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 21, 2013
SLIDE waxie: yes o! We saw pics and transaction papers!
You know this is a wrong way to look at it. A source is better.
You can fabricate a photo or document but with a link the integrity of the site will be dented.
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2013
donphilopus: No Source!!!

@OP, do they forbid Bulletproof cars in Nigeria??
NO, we're not against Bullet proof cars, but all we're against is corruption
Hmmm. I think you should read the op again.
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by lagosph: 9:32am On Oct 21, 2013
http://xclusivemagazinefun..co.uk/2011/08/fashola-acquire-jeeps-worth-n600.html
FIXED
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Stallion77(f): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2013

Bullshit get source o! The Bull.
Re: Reason APC Remains Silent Over Oduah's BMW by Stallion77(f): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2013
lagosph:
http://xclusivemagazinefun..co.uk/2011/08/fashola-acquire-jeeps-worth-n600.html
FIXED

Put your source in the main opening thread instead of following each comment and putting the source...abi u be learner? grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Another Open To Letter To President Gej / Tambuwal, Tinubu, Fashola & Clinton Hail GEJ (Pic ) / 'A Silent Revolution Is Taking Place In Lagos' - Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.