Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier (14982 Views)

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega / National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Which former governor and for which state?

Mr. Fake Urhobo Man abi when Ibru turn Ambrose Ali?

One of the Ibru brothers was once a governor of Old Bendel state ok.....i be real urohobo man angry angry angry angry
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by hercules07: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
atlwireles:

Cecilia Ibru was just destroyed for Oceanic bank. Ibrus come from Old money Nigeria.

Em she stole and had to be bailed out, please what is the name of the third party.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by atlwireles: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
vire:

you are a dreamer....the line they sold to you is really hooking your throat ......if you dont know i am urohobo too so i know them wella.....you think say na beans to be former Governor and wont get kick backs and use ur connections to pull strings.....even Dangote they lie to you as the cleanest money in Nigeria and africa has in hands in poo......all business men know what i mean.....

You cannot even spell your tribe, please take your lies to hell angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by MagicBishop: 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
vire:

One of the Ibru brothers was once a governor of Old Bendel state ok.....i be real urohobo man angry angry angry angry

e no get name?

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by atlwireles: 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
hercules07:

Em she stole and had to be bailed out, please what is the name of the third party.

What did she steal?? she made bad loans secured with papers, that lost value with the market meltdown.

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Ibinwanne(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
It is quite unfortunate how some persons like u behave in public, if you don't have anything reasonable to add, why not allow others who have something to say to say it. We should learn how to stop bad mouthing this country and equally have it at the back of your mind that there is at least something good about this country, is not all about negativity.

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by israel007: 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Aeros problem started with Arik Air not because Arik was better but because Arik is owned by Odili, OBJ and were able to scam the Aviation Authorities by not paying the appropriate tariffs thereby ensuring an unlevel playing field.

Sanusi, then came with his own wahala out of pure hatred for the Ibru family. Cecilia obviously messed up but what she did was no different from what other bank executives do which is extending loans on discretion. Aero had the market and the assests to repay whatever loan but Sanusi insisted that the pay a lump sum back within a stipulated time frame as against the original agreement. This led to Aero offering Fare discounts as low as 5,000 naira on advanced bookings.

The Airline will surely bounce back.

that's a good one and at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

will there be cut in the fares as well? considering this development.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by hercules07: 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
atlwireles:

What did she steal?? she made bad loans secured with papers, that lost value with the market meltdown.

Bad loans to herself which wiped out both depositors fund and shareholders fund, my brother she stole just like akingbola.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

e no get name?

Felix Ibru be him name 1992 SDP

i am not here to abuse you but let you see that this BAIL OUT is not for the good of Nigerians....when we fail in bizness or in a job we are told to go look for something else to do no matter how small.... angry angry angry angry angry but when the rich fail its BAIL OUT and these monies are from us the tax payers.....what happened to Air Nigeria with all the BAIL OUT....until we begin to think we will not get the Nigeria our kids will be proud of.....one day i hope to get there and stop corruptions angry angry angry angry
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Delafruita(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
taharqa: By way of clarification, I don't think that Aero Contractors 'wud be the National Carrier' per say. I think the Assets of both Aero Contractors and Air Nigeria wud form d basis of a new National Carrier, which is a smart move by d authorities cos AMCON presently control controlling share of these Airlines cos of their indebtedness to banks (shares that wud later on be sold to d public ).. The Emerging Airline should be a new Cop. This is my understanding of d Article
aero contractors is designated as national carrier.Air nigeria was an experiment doomed to fail from the start.the reasoning was based solely on the fact that AMCON has controlling stake in the airline.that means other airlines werent even considered neither was airworthiness of planes or experience of personell considered.personally,i think aero contractors does an average job.they have some of the oldest planes parading our airspace.its unfortunate that government has once again brought its ineptitude into the aviation industrY.the controlling stake of AMCON should not be the major factor in choosing a national carrier and then there's the hullaballo about air nigeria's assets.what assets?they say it as if air nigeria had in its fleet world class boeings.whats wrong in asking all airlines to present proposals?or making it an open bid in which all applying airlines are screened based on parameters which are more important to safety of passengers than the controlling stake of AMCON?

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by adconline(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
Another looting opportunity. Naija is incapable of running an airline.. Politicians and their friends will ride free and expect the airline to make money and turn profit
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Forwetinnah: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
adconline: Another looting opportunity. Naija is incapable of running an airline.. Politicians and their friends will ride free and expect the airline to make money and turn profit

True..but I don't think Aero has a choice now, they have to remain in business. They are good anyway!
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by chukxie(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
I miss Nigeria Airways of yester-years ! We need a national carrier that would be truly 'national' and a pride of a nation like Nigeria. To understand what a national carrier is we need to borrow a leaf or two from Kenya, Ethiopia or Egypt. Nigeria dey fall person hand!
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by gboye1999: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Financially its the most logical decision for the FG. if you own 60% of a business why do you have to give another enterprise (Arik or any other) the advantage over your own investments. Likewise there's no need to build a new airline from scratch.
Its the best decision looking at present circumstance. Of-course there is still the corruption factor: Do we all remember the 5% stake issue. No way it would have been Arik Airline but personally i prefer this decision.

I much prefer Arik giving the government owned business a good run for their money in terms of service delivery, passenger experience, organizational efficiency and the rest.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Bizibi(m): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
I use oghene beg una,no put molue as national carrier
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Reference(m): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
Typically Nigerian. Full of benefits. Where or what are the obligations. Nothing demanded is nothing served.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by MagicBishop: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
vire:

Felix Ibru be him name 1992 SDP

i am not here to abuse you but let you see that this BAIL OUT is not for the good of Nigerians....when we fail in bizness or in a job we are told to go look for something else to do no matter how small.... angry angry angry angry angry but when the rich fail its BAIL OUT and these monies are from us the tax payers.....what happened to Air Nigeria with all the BAIL OUT....until we begin to think we will not get the Nigeria our kids will be proud of.....one day i hope to get there and stop corruptions angry angry angry angry

annulment election and Ibru was already a billionaire before then tongue
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by iterator25: 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
Did someone just wrote dana ? I'm I dreaming.. embarassed sad sad sad no mheen
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

annulment election and Ibru was already a billionaire before then tongue

but in ur other post you said non was ever in govt.....let me tell you they all hub nob wen dey want favors
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Delafruita(m): 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
gboye_1999: Financially its the most logical decision for the FG. if you own 60% of a business why do you have to give another enterprise (Arik or any other) the advantage over your own investments. Likewise there's no need to build a new airline from scratch.
Its the best decision looking at present circumstance. Of-course there is still the corruption factor: Do we all remember the 5% stake issue. No way it would have been Arik Airline but personally i prefer this decision.

I much prefer Arik giving the government owned business a good run for their money in terms of service delivery, passenger experience, organizational efficiency and the rest.
has any government owned enterprise ever fulfilled its potentials?

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by MagicBishop: 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
vire:

but in ur other post you said non was ever in govt.....let me tell you they all hub nob wen dey want favors

did he ever perform any protocol or executive function before the annulment?
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by baslone: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
Magic Bishop:

did he ever perform any protocol or executive function before the annulment?

Magic Bishop:

Which former governor and for which state?

Mr. Fake Urhobo Man abi when Ibru turn Ambrose Ali?

Felix Ibru political activities began in 1983 when he unsuccessfully contested for a seat in the Senate.

He ran for the Governorship of Delta State in 1991 and emerged as the First Executive Governor of the newly created Delta State.

He ruled from JANUARY 1992 to NOVEMBER 1993 (ie ALMOST 2YEARS)

He won the 2003 Senatorial elections for Delta Central.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by atlwireles: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
hercules07:

Bad loans to herself which wiped out both depositors fund and shareholders fund, my brother she stole just like akingbola.

Bad loans my ass, that was the joker to destroy the bank. Who owns that bank today.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
The new national carrier will be funded by an IPO of N200bn.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by hercules07: 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
atlwireles:

Bad loans my ass, that was the joker to destroy the bank. Who owns that bank today.

Please do not rewrite history, that bank was stolen blind.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by adconline(m): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
For wetin nah?:

True..but I don't think Aero has a choice now, they have to remain in business. They are good anyway!
What Richard Branson couldn't do with Virgin Naija, they should not repeat. Naija Airways failed, Virgin Naija failed.. Why keep trying to fail?
Why must Naija invest on National carrier when university students are on strike?

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
adconline:
What Richard Branson couldn't do with Virgin Naija, they should not repeat. Naija Airways failed, Virgin Naija failed.. Why keep trying to fail?
Why must Naija invest on National carrier when university students are on strike?
The new carrier will be privately funded via the Stock exchange. Which means that Nigerians will be able to buy shares in it. NO govt funds would be allocated to the airline.

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by adconline(m): 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
CFCfan:
The new carrier will be privately funded via the Stock exchange. Which means that Nigerians will be able to buy shares in it. NO govt funds would be allocated to the airline.
It's naive to think that govt funds are not going to be used when AMCON is already the largest shareholder.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
adconline:
It's naive to think that govt funds are not going to be used when AMCON is already the largest shareholder.
I think AMCON would eventually divest it's ownership of the new airline, since the FG doesn't want to own any stake in the airline.

Also, the airline could lease some aircraft if it wants to begin intercontinental flights immediately; or the management could wait for at least 18 months before the new planes arrive.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by awodman: 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
CFCfan:
I think AMCON would eventually divest it's ownership of the new airline, since the FG doesn't want to own any stake in the airline.

Also, the airline could lease some aircraft if it wants to begin intercontinental flights immediately; or the management could wait for at least 18 months before the new planes arrive.

Its even stated in the article

The source further revealed that AMCON would only
hold on to its 60 per cent shares in Aero Contractor for a
limited period, after which they will be sold to the public
at some future date.

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by gboye1999: 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Delafruita: has any government owned enterprise ever fulfilled its potentials?

Cant hold brief for this government nor any politician in our climes...
However its normal for government to help break the ground in a difficult niche. In fact our government is intentionally a BAD businessman to serve the purpose of corruption/nepotism and whatever ills may serve the pocket of the thieving ones.
I assure you this can work where the intention from the beginning is sincere.
Re: Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier by Godson201333(m): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
ogb5:

Why is it disgusting to you.

Aero contractors is one of the oldest local Airlines in Nigeria and obviously with very good safety records.

They were affected by the financial turmoil following the stealing of Oceanic bank from their group and hence amcon had to take part of the airline.

Even with their financial troubles, they were still able to maintain there good safety record.

So once again, why is it disgusting to you.

One of the Best airline in Nigeria and i will never stop flying them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joining APC Not Solution To PDP Crisis – LAMIDO / Pdp Leadership Crisis: The Unseen Hands Of Apc / Buhari Gets $1bn Loan From Adesina’s Led african Development Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.